Post by bpdscolony123 »

umeu why u so boring with ur senseless posts,get a life
Tuvalu gibson
Ninja
ECL Reigning Champs

Sc vs aoe player

Post by gibson »

umeu wrote:
gibson wrote:the nba literally has scouts everywhere. When they see talent overseas, they bring them over here and they go to a basketball prep school. While living in a poorer country definitly has something to do with the disparity, I dont believe it accounts for the 1500% disparity. There are far fewer African Americans in the United states then there are Africans in Africa and yet youd think it was the other way looking at the numbers. The best athletes in the world are African American. Now you can be politically correct and say that it has to do with wealth disparity, or you can realize that when two genetically superior people have children, these children are more likely to be genetically superior then children of average people. That is what slavery did.

You are on a slippery slope my friend. Are you going. To claim too that the fact that ceos in the usa are generally white males is due to the genetic superiority of bith male over female and white over black?

Im going to leave it here because it can only degenerate. But i suggest maybe you should write your theory down and insert it to nature magazine. You might have some groundbreakimg stuff here. Not only will you shake genetics upside down, but also history and sociology

Btw its so typical to think that whwn you are the best in the usa, you are the best in the world...

LOL. Being a ceo and being in the nba are completely different as one has to do purely with athleticism while the other has to do with a whole host of factors that include but are not limited to the situation you were born into, work ethic, skill in a specific area, etc etc. I have no idea why Im even arguing with you. Clearly African Americans are superior to other races when it comes to pure athleticism as they have a disproportionately large number of athletes in professional sports. Do you deny my thesis umuo?
No Flag deleted_user0
Ninja

Sc vs aoe player

Post by deleted_user0 »

God... Do you even read the contradictory crap you are writing...? How is it even a thesis, you are just making stuff up contrary to logic and scientific research with no proof to back it up except circumstantial evidence
France benj89
Howdah

Sc vs aoe player

Post by benj89 »

best athlete in the world are african american -->' says the guy who only knows NBA and football (facepalm) (I had too)
"Prestige is like a powerful magnet that warps even your beliefs about what you enjoy. If you want to make ambitious people waste their time on errands, bait the hook with prestige." - Paul Graham
No Flag centella
Crossbow

Sc vs aoe player

Post by centella »

I disagree, age of empires requires alot less apm and alot more strategy and decision making which has nothing to do with mechanics. Top sc2 players 500 apm would not help so much in many age 3 situations. Like gs said it would take longer time like a year or so to learn all the strategies in each situation in each mu. Mechanics and apm will only help you some some extent. Look at boneng, he has low apm and he still managed to win pk tourney. (I know h20 or gs would have probably won it if they stayed).

Cheers
Netherlands momuuu
Ninja
ESO: Jerom_

Sc vs aoe player

Post by momuuu »

gibson wrote:
jerom wrote:If were talking about safety, pussy football is probably the least safe. Trust me, I have experience.

Also, soccer is probably more or equally strategically deep. I have been doing it for 14 years now and still dont get it that well honestly. And Im not sure if we can discuss which sport is more fun, but Im pretty sure soccer is the most popular sport in the world.
eh Im pretty sure both American football and rugby or more dangerous then soccer. Also, Im confident that American football is more strategically deep and strategy is without question more important. Granted, I have only played soccer at the highschool level. In American football, running specific plays in specific situations based on how the defense lines up is of the uttermost importance. However, in soccer, teams dont run plays persay except in very specific situations like corner kick etc. Soccer is much more free Lance and on the fly then American football is. Each "play" in soccer can have many successful results. If I have the ball in the mid field I have multiple options that will almost always lead to success. You always have a backpass to bail you out if you get in too much trouble. A short sideways pass is also almost always viable as well as taking a few dribbles forward. However, in American football, if the defense is blitzing, you have to rush the ball up the middle. All other options will result in failure unless the individual players make mistakes.

less options doesnt have anything to do with strategy. Yes in american football you do more prepared strategies, and it might be very strategical, but soccer is aswell. The fact that there are multiple options doesnt mean anything. There are a lot of safe options, but only a few that result in succes. If you look at the professional level, even at the very top level, people still make a lot of strategical mistakes. Not sure if it can be compared at all - I havent played both at a high level - but your conclusion isnt as logical as you think it is, and it isnt necessarily true. The fact that you think you have a good idea about american football strategy might hint that soccer strategy is more complex, because I have been playing for 14 years and still dont feel like I know how to position myself correctly a lot of the time.

About the danger, it is misleading. Yes, american football and rugby might seem very dangerous, but soccer is deceivingly dangerous. The nature of the sport brings about a ton of muscle injuries. A torn hamstring can prevent you from playing games for over a year easily, and a lot of other muscle injuries take a few months aswell. Not to mind the huge amount of small muscle injuries. And then theres the knees and ankles. Especially the knee injuries, which are extremely common, often take one to two years, and thats if youre lucky. Serious knee injuries just mean the end of your career. I tore my ligament half a year ago, and Im pretty damned sure Id rather have broken my leg.
France iNcog
Ninja

Sc vs aoe player

Post by iNcog »

why don't you idiots wear armor
YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/incog_aoe
Garja wrote:
20 Mar 2020, 21:46
I just hope DE is not going to implement all of the EP changes. Right now it is a big clusterfuck.
Netherlands momuuu
Ninja

Sc vs aoe player

Post by momuuu »

incog wrote:why don''t you idiots wear armor

you cant really use armor to prevent muscles and knee parts from tearing :(
Italy Garja
Retired Contributor
Donator 02
ESO: Garja

Sc vs aoe player

Post by Garja »

seriously tho, it's time to cut the crap in this thread
Image Image Image
France benj89
Howdah

Sc vs aoe player

Post by benj89 »

are you seriously comparing soccer and rugby/football in term of injuries :D? worse you might get in soccer are like cruciate ligament and few other stuff. very minor compared to rugby and football injuries
"Prestige is like a powerful magnet that warps even your beliefs about what you enjoy. If you want to make ambitious people waste their time on errands, bait the hook with prestige." - Paul Graham
No Flag deleted_user0
Ninja

Sc vs aoe player

Post by deleted_user0 »

jerom wrote:
gibson wrote:eh Im pretty sure both American football and rugby or more dangerous then soccer. Also, Im confident that American football is more strategically deep and strategy is without question more important. Granted, I have only played soccer at the highschool level. In American football, running specific plays in specific situations based on how the defense lines up is of the uttermost importance. However, in soccer, teams dont run plays persay except in very specific situations like corner kick etc. Soccer is much more free Lance and on the fly then American football is. Each "play" in soccer can have many successful results. If I have the ball in the mid field I have multiple options that will almost always lead to success. You always have a backpass to bail you out if you get in too much trouble. A short sideways pass is also almost always viable as well as taking a few dribbles forward. However, in American football, if the defense is blitzing, you have to rush the ball up the middle. All other options will result in failure unless the individual players make mistakes.
less options doesnt have anything to do with strategy. Yes in american football you do more prepared strategies, and it might be very strategical, but soccer is aswell. The fact that there are multiple options doesnt mean anything. There are a lot of safe options, but only a few that result in succes. If you look at the professional level, even at the very top level, people still make a lot of strategical mistakes. Not sure if it can be compared at all - I havent played both at a high level - but your conclusion isnt as logical as you think it is, and it isnt necessarily true. The fact that you think you have a good idea about american football strategy might hint that soccer strategy is more complex, because I have been playing for 14 years and still dont feel like I know how to position myself correctly a lot of the time.

About the danger, it is misleading. Yes, american football and rugby might seem very dangerous, but soccer is deceivingly dangerous. The nature of the sport brings about a ton of muscle injuries. A torn hamstring can prevent you from playing games for over a year easily, and a lot of other muscle injuries take a few months aswell. Not to mind the huge amount of small muscle injuries. And then theres the knees and ankles. Especially the knee injuries, which are extremely common, often take one to two years, and thats if youre lucky. Serious knee injuries just mean the end of your career. I tore my ligament half a year ago, and Im pretty damned sure Id rather have broken my leg.

About 75% of the amateur football players that play for a long time will suffer a very severe injury. Ligaments are one of the worst. I had the same. 6 months recovery first time. Game over 2nd time.
No Flag bpdscolony123
Dragoon

Sc vs aoe player

Post by bpdscolony123 »

haha umeu you cant even run
Netherlands momuuu
Ninja

Sc vs aoe player

Post by momuuu »

benj89 wrote:are you seriously comparing soccer and rugby/football in term of injuries :D? worse you might get in soccer are like cruciate ligament and few other stuff. very minor compared to rugby and football injuries

have you ever torn your cruciate ligament? Because the recovery takes longer than breaking your leg. And a destroyed meniscus = end of sporting career, the same for damaged cartilage.
Netherlands momuuu
Ninja

Sc vs aoe player

Post by momuuu »

umeu wrote:
jerom wrote:less options doesnt have anything to do with strategy. Yes in american football you do more prepared strategies, and it might be very strategical, but soccer is aswell. The fact that there are multiple options doesnt mean anything. There are a lot of safe options, but only a few that result in succes. If you look at the professional level, even at the very top level, people still make a lot of strategical mistakes. Not sure if it can be compared at all - I havent played both at a high level - but your conclusion isnt as logical as you think it is, and it isnt necessarily true. The fact that you think you have a good idea about american football strategy might hint that soccer strategy is more complex, because I have been playing for 14 years and still dont feel like I know how to position myself correctly a lot of the time.

About 75% of the amateur football players that play for a long time will suffer a very severe injury. Ligaments are one of the worst. I had the same. 6 months recovery first time. Game over 2nd time.

did you get surgery the first time? Im having surgery in 2 weeks, they told me its 9 months recovery '(
No Flag deleted_user0
Ninja

Sc vs aoe player

Post by deleted_user0 »

First time wasnt so bad, i didnt need surgery
Netherlands momuuu
Ninja

Sc vs aoe player

Post by momuuu »

umeu wrote:First time wasnt so bad, i didnt need surgery

I kinda had the same, first time they discovered nothing, but there probably was some issue. Second time they found out my ligament was pretty much destroyed. Fortunately rest of the knee still works, so they can use a hamstring tendon to act as a ligament.
Tuvalu gibson
Ninja
ECL Reigning Champs

Sc vs aoe player

Post by gibson »

jerom wrote:
gibson wrote:eh Im pretty sure both American football and rugby or more dangerous then soccer. Also, Im confident that American football is more strategically deep and strategy is without question more important. Granted, I have only played soccer at the highschool level. In American football, running specific plays in specific situations based on how the defense lines up is of the uttermost importance. However, in soccer, teams dont run plays persay except in very specific situations like corner kick etc. Soccer is much more free Lance and on the fly then American football is. Each "play" in soccer can have many successful results. If I have the ball in the mid field I have multiple options that will almost always lead to success. You always have a backpass to bail you out if you get in too much trouble. A short sideways pass is also almost always viable as well as taking a few dribbles forward. However, in American football, if the defense is blitzing, you have to rush the ball up the middle. All other options will result in failure unless the individual players make mistakes.

Yea i dont know a lot about soccer as I only have two years of highschool experience. I did see someone snap their leg basically in half while they were about four feet away from me which was a bit disconcerting. However, the severity of American football injuries I think is generally worse. The average life span of an American football player is 23 years less then that of an average person due to the constant brutal contact with the head.
Netherlands momuuu
Ninja

Sc vs aoe player

Post by momuuu »

gibson wrote:
jerom wrote:less options doesnt have anything to do with strategy. Yes in american football you do more prepared strategies, and it might be very strategical, but soccer is aswell. The fact that there are multiple options doesnt mean anything. There are a lot of safe options, but only a few that result in succes. If you look at the professional level, even at the very top level, people still make a lot of strategical mistakes. Not sure if it can be compared at all - I havent played both at a high level - but your conclusion isnt as logical as you think it is, and it isnt necessarily true. The fact that you think you have a good idea about american football strategy might hint that soccer strategy is more complex, because I have been playing for 14 years and still dont feel like I know how to position myself correctly a lot of the time.

Yea i dont know a lot about soccer as I only have two years of highschool experience. I did see someone snap their leg basically in half while they were about four feet away from me which was a bit disconcerting. However, the severity of American football injuries I think is generally worse. The average life span of an American football player is 23 years less then that of an average person due to the constant brutal contact with the head.
[brhttp://www.forbes.com/sites/realspin/2013/08/18/why-everything-you-hear-about-the-deadly-game-of-football-is-false/
That article seems to disagree with your statement. But I wouldnt be surprised if american football had a higher lethality rate, however, thats not the only thing included in the word dangerous. Soccer has an almost sickening amount of injuries aswell. Looking at some of the older players at my club, 40-45 is generally the oldest you can be to even casually play the game. After that you have either destroyed your knees, or cant play more than 2 games in a row without suffering from some muscle injury.
France benj89
Howdah

Sc vs aoe player

Post by benj89 »

jerom wrote:
benj89 wrote:are you seriously comparing soccer and rugby/football in term of injuries :D? worse you might get in soccer are like cruciate ligament and few other stuff. very minor compared to rugby and football injuries
have you ever torn your cruciate ligament? Because the recovery takes longer than breaking your leg. And a destroyed meniscus = end of sporting career, the same for damaged cartilage.
a good friend from morocco broke one of them, he missed the opportunity to go pro because of this, sad stuff, but when I read that those are very important injuries thats quiet funny :p, he actually played sport with me for 6 month with one broken ligament.
my bro broke both of them playing rugby (as well as cheek/nose/shoulder/ eyebrows arc), and he played 4 month after the surgery, because of that he might get another one by the end of the year. So one advice: respect those 9 month if thats what ur doctor said.
basically what it will do: in the long term you will have to be careful all your life and you will be a bit more sensitive on this area -->' dont force on it and when it begins to hurt, stop immediately. thats fkin common injuries
in addition to any injuries you might have in soccer, in rugby you can have :
shoulders/neck/spine/brain
in football: spine/especially brain (impact more brutal, and the helmet make it worse for the brain than rugby).
a guy I talked to played for some division I college football, he did 5 concussion and had to stop playing, now he has lots of sequela such as lack of equilibrium when he stand up from a chair (kinda sux when you are 25), headache etc.
comparing injuries in soccer and rugby/football is simply not a thing. its like comparing karate and muay thai, its a joke
Im seeing osteopath/physiotherapist since 10 years because of neck problems, and for the other guy who said chiropractor are fake (never seen one, not that popular in france but I suppose its quite similar to osteopath and physio mixed together?) well it kinda save me from pretty bad pain and heavy medicine, so placebo effect O_o
France benj89
Howdah

Sc vs aoe player

Post by benj89 »

for soccer you are exaggerating wayy to much about injuries jerom
I wouldn't say the same about athlete in boxing

even ciss? is fine :) (he isn't old tho)
[spoiler]{Spoiler}
http://www.videoblessure.com/wp-content ... sse-52.jpg[/spoiler]
Netherlands momuuu
Ninja

Sc vs aoe player

Post by momuuu »

Well danger isnt only about the severity but also about the frequency. I dont know about the frequency of american football injuries, but I do know that my soccer team had about 4 out of the 16 injured at any point in time. Its impossible to really compare it, but I dont think the conclusion is obvious.
Tuvalu gibson
Ninja
ECL Reigning Champs

Sc vs aoe player

Post by gibson »

jerom wrote:Well danger isnt only about the severity but also about the frequency. I dont know about the frequency of american football injuries, but I do know that my soccer team had about 4 out of the 16 injured at any point in time. Its impossible to really compare it, but I dont think the conclusion is obvious.

i think soccer probably has a similar about of injuries as American football, but the severity is much less. Also, that article you put in an above post was from 2013. Since then they have made many discoveries about football related injuries in retired players and even changed rules about tackling due to the fact that it had come to light that football was actually much more dangerous then it seemed.
France benj89
Howdah

Sc vs aoe player

Post by benj89 »

I also know that injuries in soccer are most of the time muscle related, ie strained muslce (or sprain with the ligament), all this is nothing dangerous. that's just what can happen in any sport, would be the same in handball etc
and I think someone who know and practiced rugby/soccer would agree on the same conclusion than me that those aren't even comparable but w/e
Tuvalu gibson
Ninja
ECL Reigning Champs

Sc vs aoe player

Post by gibson »

benj89 wrote:I also know that injuries in soccer are most of the time muscle related, ie strained muslce (or sprain with the ligament), all this is nothing dangerous. that''s just what can happen in any sport, would be the same in handball etc

having played both highschool basketball and highschool soccer, I consider them about the same in terms of injuries. Like you said, probably 80-90% of injuries are muscle related and are completely healed in a few weeks. Every once in a while something worse happens like broken bone torn acl etc