Sc vs aoe player

You have not set your flag, click to select your flag. Marco1698

Sc vs aoe player

Post by Marco1698 »

Hello guys what would be happen if some starcraft Korean pro players would join into age3? They would be the top here? For example "HerO" "KtFlash" "jaedong " "Stork" "Bisu" I never played sc or bw or sc2 so I don't know how much good they are and if their skill is comparable to currently top players maybe yes if they would take a lot of training

Sc vs aoe player

Post by Marco1698 »

Imo jaedong with 1 year or less would be pr 50 2800 + elo tad and nilla both
Palestine Mimsy for President
Jaeger

Sc vs aoe player

Post by Mimsy for President »

What about Life, MMA, Stardust, Kia, Ssangyong, Hyundai and Daewoo ?
No Flag Good ol Ivan
Howdah
ESO: ivanelterrible

Sc vs aoe player

Post by Good ol Ivan »

shaolinstar wrote:What about Life, MMA, Stardust, Kia, Ssangyong, Hyundai and Daewoo ?
I don''t even know if this is some elaborate joke or if Koreans really often name themselves in videogames after a brand.

Sc vs aoe player

Post by Marco1698 »

shaolinstar wrote:What about Life, MMA, Stardust, Kia, Ssangyong, Hyundai and Daewoo ?

they too expecially life
New Zealand zoom
Gendarme
ESO: Funnu

Sc vs aoe player

Post by zoom »

Jaedong is a useless jizz-rag these days.
Netherlands momuuu
Ninja
ESO: Jerom_

Sc vs aoe player

Post by momuuu »

ivan wrote:
I dont even know if this is some elaborate joke or if Koreans really often name themselves in videogames after a brand.

first three are actual korean progamers.

Im pretty sure any of the korean starcraft pros would go about 1000-0 against H2O or BS after a year of practice (thats about 5000 hours if we are talking about korean practice). Those guys already rape european pro sc2 players, so theyd probably rape our pros even harder. Especially since there is less luck in a game like aoe3.
Jaeger

Sc vs aoe player

ivan wrote:
I dont even know if this is some elaborate joke or if Koreans really often name themselves in videogames after a brand.
Only the 3 first are real players :D

It always reminds me of that scene in Scary Movie 4

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fd2hB1PksGI[/youtube]
No Flag CruOzer
Musketeer

Sc vs aoe player

Post by CruOzer »

Well I'd say there is less luck in Starcraft since there is nothing random except which map you play. But i agree with you. They'll rape everyone :D.
Germany yemshi
Jaeger
ESO: yemshi

Sc vs aoe player

Post by yemshi »

lol +1
United States of America n0el
ESOC Business Team
ESO: jezabob
Clan: 팀 하우스

Sc vs aoe player

Post by n0el »

They would go tilt when they tried to micro something and the terrible unit ai fucked them over
mad cuz bad
No Flag Jaeger
Jaeger

Sc vs aoe player

Post by Jaeger »

Mista is amazing at other games and he only got to lt colonel on TAD, so I doubt they could be better than h2o or blackstar for at least a couple years.
last time i cryed was because i stood on Lego
Netherlands Goodspeed
Retired Contributor

Sc vs aoe player

Post by Goodspeed »

They would destroy everyone but it would take them quite a while to get there. They may start to win games against top players by copying builds and executing them better before too long, but developing enough of an understanding about this game to be able to improvise and make the right decisions in an unfamiliar situation takes thousands of games of experience.
Germany lordraphael
Pro Player
EWTNWC LAN SilverAdvanced Division WinnerDonator 01

Sc vs aoe player

Post by lordraphael »

lul they would rape the shit out of everyone after a few months of training.

and i disagree with you jerom imo there is less luck involved in sc2 than there is in aoe 3 and im quite sure that the chances of any top player from aoe to beat a a top korean sc2 pro is zero iin sc2. But i think if lets say rain (with proper training obv ) played 1000 games against blackstar then blackstar would at least win 10 games might be even more. Simply because the skill ceiling is much lower in aoe 3 compared to sc2 + there are rdm things that can happen like treasures finding almost all cows hunt is running away from you etc pp .
breeze wrote: they cant even guess how much f***ing piece of stupid retarded they look they are trying to give lesson to people who are over pr35 and know the best mu. im pretty sure that we need a page that only pr30+ post and then we could have a nice discussins.
Jaeger

Sc vs aoe player

Yeah the comparison is completely absurd. You can't even find a game in aoe3 whereas they play 24/7/52.
Netherlands momuuu
Ninja

Sc vs aoe player

Post by momuuu »

calmyourtits wrote:They would rape everyone but it would take them quite a while to get there. They may start to win games against top players by copying builds and executing them better before too long, but developing enough of an understanding about this game to be able to improvise and make the right decisions in an unfamiliar situation takes thousands of games of experience.

kespa pros are said to practice somewhere between 10 and 15 hours (jaedong said somewhere to practice 16 hours per day for a while). If theyd play 3 games per hour (quite a reasonable amount) theyd get to 1000 games in about 30-35 days. So 10000 in one year. That combined with the fact that they can already hit 300-400 apm and that their brain has been trained to think in terms of strategy games probably means that theyd destroy everyone in a year for sure. Maybe even in three months. Interesting thing to look up: does anyone know how long it took the kespa players to get to the level of other sc2 pros when they switched from bw to sc2? I think it wasnt even half a year. Just to indicate how easily they can switch to another game, the rts style of thinking flows through them.

Also, theres more luck in sc2. Builds can be blind countered and people can easily win, even against the top players, with cheeses. In aoe3, everything can be scouted before it hits you with plenty of time to react, and these guys are going to know each timing and each exact build in the game and know how to exactly react to that. But yeah, I forgot the maps can be ridiculously retarded sometimes (even with garja maps), so maybe theyd lose a couple of games. But in aoe the fight happen relatively slowly, though still at a pace where the pros still dont have perfect micro. This would allow these starcraft pros to easily get back in the game even though they were mapscrewed.

I dont want to sound like some weird fanboy, but koreans sc2 players have already been proven to be superior to the other players. I think in 2014 koreans won every single big tournement there was, and they rarely drop games, nevermind series, to "foreigners". These guys are machines and would tear apart any of us.
Netherlands Goodspeed
Retired Contributor

Sc vs aoe player

Post by Goodspeed »

jerom wrote:
calmyourtits wrote:They would rape everyone but it would take them quite a while to get there. They may start to win games against top players by copying builds and executing them better before too long, but developing enough of an understanding about this game to be able to improvise and make the right decisions in an unfamiliar situation takes thousands of games of experience.
kespa pros are said to practice somewhere between 10 and 15 hours (jaedong said somewhere to practice 16 hours per day for a while). If theyd play 3 games per hour (quite a reasonable amount) theyd get to 1000 games in about 30-35 days. So 10000 in one year. That combined with the fact that they can already hit 300-400 apm and that their brain has been trained to think in terms of strategy games probably means that theyd destroy everyone in a year for sure. Maybe even in three months.
If they practiced 24/7 like they do now, 3 months would probably be overestimating our top players ')
But I consider 3 months a long time, especially when spent doing nothing except play AoE all day.
Netherlands momuuu
Ninja

Sc vs aoe player

Post by momuuu »

calmyourtits wrote:
jerom wrote:kespa pros are said to practice somewhere between 10 and 15 hours (jaedong said somewhere to practice 16 hours per day for a while). If theyd play 3 games per hour (quite a reasonable amount) theyd get to 1000 games in about 30-35 days. So 10000 in one year. That combined with the fact that they can already hit 300-400 apm and that their brain has been trained to think in terms of strategy games probably means that theyd destroy everyone in a year for sure. Maybe even in three months.
If they practiced 24/7 like they do now, 3 months would probably be overestimating our top players ')
But I consider 3 months a long time, especially when spent doing nothing except play AoE all day.

well, its an entirely new game. Its hard to judge how easily theyd pick up on the new build orders, but these kespa players did it really quickly after switching to sc2, and they usually figure out the game really quickly after a new patch or even after a new expansion.
Germany lordraphael
Pro Player

Sc vs aoe player

Post by lordraphael »

jerom wrote:
kespa pros are said to practice somewhere between 10 and 15 hours (jaedong said somewhere to practice 16 hours per day for a while). If theyd play 3 games per hour (quite a reasonable amount) theyd get to 1000 games in about 30-35 days. So 10000 in one year. That combined with the fact that they can already hit 300-400 apm and that their brain has been trained to think in terms of strategy games probably means that theyd destroy everyone in a year for sure. Maybe even in three months. Interesting thing to look up: does anyone know how long it took the kespa players to get to the level of other sc2 pros when they switched from bw to sc2? I think it wasnt even half a year. Just to indicate how easily they can switch to another game, the rts style of thinking flows through them.

Also, theres more luck in sc2. Builds can be blind countered and people can easily win, even against the top players, with cheeses. In aoe3, everything can be scouted before it hits you with plenty of time to react, and these guys are going to know each timing and each exact build in the game and know how to exactly react to that. But yeah, I forgot the maps can be ridiculously retarded sometimes (even with garja maps), so maybe theyd lose a couple of games. But in aoe the fight happen relatively slowly, though still at a pace where the pros still dont have perfect micro. This would allow these starcraft pros to easily get back in the game even though they were mapscrewed.

I dont want to sound like some weird fanboy, but koreans sc2 players have already been proven to be superior to the other players. I think in 2014 koreans won every single big tournement there was, and they rarely drop games, nevermind series, to "foreigners". These guys are machines and would tear apart any of us.
im not sure if u follow the sc2 pro scene atm but in the current meta game if u do std " safe " build orders u will never loose to sth rdm... even if u go for blink against dts u can still easily hold if u mentally prepare for it and got the mechanics necessary to block a dt from entering your base
breeze wrote: they cant even guess how much f***ing piece of stupid retarded they look they are trying to give lesson to people who are over pr35 and know the best mu. im pretty sure that we need a page that only pr30+ post and then we could have a nice discussins.
Netherlands momuuu
Ninja

Sc vs aoe player

Post by momuuu »

I havent watched as much sc2 but people still lose to all ins (like roach ling bane against terran).
United States of America _H2O
ESOC Business Team
Donator 06
ESO: _H2O

Sc vs aoe player

Post by _H2O »

ovi12 wrote:Mista is amazing at other games and he only got to lt colonel on TAD, so I doubt they could be better than h2o or blackstar for at least a couple years.

Mista was good at aom. He is a good days gamer in general so he did okay at picking up aoe3.

I think if I played nonstop I could have done very well at sc2. But the way I play today is not enough to be that good. It''s about how much you play and if your play time is useful. You need to study the game and play with a goal to practice. No one who plays this game today has this attitude.

The real top rts gamers were the old brood war pros. They had 500 apm (double the speed that I play at) and they always knew exactly what to do. It''s kind of like how I understand this game if I practice a lot, only mechanically double what I can do. That''s why I always found those guys impressive. Starcraft2 was not as exciting to me because it did not need much mechanics compared to brood war.
Netherlands momuuu
Ninja

Sc vs aoe player

Post by momuuu »

Asian people seem to be genetically better at stuff like games and table tennis and badminton. Just like how black people are better at running and white people are better at swimming. Im pretty sure they have a genetic advantage' if you look at pro badminton or table tennis players from european countries, theyre almost always immigrated asian people. Not trying to be racist, its just really notable. I think they have a better reaction time and better hand eye coordination.

At my high school, people did a small research about reaction times, and if I am not mistaken the top 5 of my year were the only 5 asian guys.
Germany lordraphael
Pro Player

Sc vs aoe player

Post by lordraphael »

jerom wrote:I havent watched as much sc2 but people still lose to all ins (like roach ling bane against terran).
because they play greedy and dont scout it in even if u go 1 gas 3 cc u can still hold a roach bane timing push with prooper descision making and micro
Netherlands momuuu
Ninja

Sc vs aoe player

Post by momuuu »

lordraphael wrote:
jerom wrote:I havent watched as much sc2 but people still lose to all ins (like roach ling bane against terran).
because they play greedy and dont scout it in ?even if u go 1 gas 3 cc ?u can still hold a roach bane timing push with prooper descision making and micro?

partially, but its not as easy as in aoe3 since you cant always scout it.

Also, battles are more extreme. Good players can easily lose to worse players due to insane widow mine hits or extreme tech switches. In aoe3, they would probably be unbeatable with balanced 3 unit compositions, slowly gaining the lead in every battle due to their insane micro.
Netherlands Goodspeed
Retired Contributor

Sc vs aoe player

Post by Goodspeed »

jerom wrote:
calmyourtits wrote:If they practiced 24/7 like they do now, 3 months would probably be overestimating our top players ')
well, its an entirely new game. Its hard to judge how easily theyd pick up on the new build orders, but these kespa players did it really quickly after switching to sc2, and they usually figure out the game really quickly after a new patch or even after a new expansion.
There is more to learn in AoE than in Starcraft though. Mechanically these players will have surpassed everyone relatively quickly but strategically they will lag behind. In other words they will learn how to do things, but learning what to do will take more time than in other RTS due to AoEs relatively massive amount of variety.

And with this Im not saying AoE is a better RTS than Starcraft. An important quality of any RTS is its balance on a competitive level and this is where Starcraft just straight up shits on AoE in every way. This is also the reason Starcraft became the e-sport and not AoE. This game is intredasting as shit though.