Sc vs aoe player

No Flag nazz121
Musketeer

Sc vs aoe player

Post by nazz121 »

drlegend wrote:[video src="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nqKHZf7p0rc"][/video]

Straya.
Do you reddit alot, you seem to post top videos that i see from reddit. :D

Also Straya no.1 :3
France [Armag] diarouga
Ninja
NWC LAN Gold
ESO: diarouga

Sc vs aoe player

Post by [Armag] diarouga »

chronique wrote:I am a table tenis player and the second best nation is german (china is not the only country of asian). Morevor, i am biologist and i laught behind me computer when i read so much absurdity :D .

Stop tolking genetics please, you are ridiculus.
What''s your ESO account? Aren''t you poissondu44?
Tuvalu gibson
Ninja
ECL Reigning Champs

Sc vs aoe player

Post by gibson »

oxaloacetate wrote:
ovi12 wrote:

No chiropractors are not scammers.....do some research plz
You seem like a nice guy, so I am not going to add fuel to the fire calling you a troll, but Ill be happy to explain my views to you on another occasion - when Im not fresh off a shift, only to have the next start in 7 hours - because most?chiropractors are scamming their customers, even if it is unconsciously.

For example, try looking into peer-reviewed studies concerning the effect of chiropractors - and youll find that for a lot of the treatments chiropractors offer, their effect isnt an improvement to the placebo-effect.?

this is probably the most accurate thing I have ever read on this forum
Portugal sergyou
Lancer

Sc vs aoe player

Post by sergyou »

chronique wrote:I am a table tenis player and the second best nation is german (china is not the only country of asian). Morevor, i am biologist and i laught behind me computer when i read so much absurdity :D .

Stop tolking genetics please, you are ridiculus.

yet Portugal is the european champion of it
Netherlands momuuu
Ninja
ESO: Jerom_

Sc vs aoe player

Post by momuuu »

umeu wrote:They went to dr. Legends scool of life and are wiki experts. To saytheyre not qualified to talk genetics is kwazy

you dont have to be a biologist to understand genetics really. Its not that complex, at least not the part of it that is being discussed.
Netherlands momuuu
Ninja

Sc vs aoe player

Post by momuuu »

drlegend wrote:If you think there''s a gene that makes you better at video games then I wouldn''t be surprised if that''s what colleges teach students for 60,000$ a year nowadays.

Weak-willed people attribute everything to genetics because otherwise they would have to come to terms with the fact that their intellect or character are inferior and their low place in life or low skill level are not due to external factors. :coffee:

I think theres genetic influence in almost every aspect of life. If you are not aiming to be one of the very best though, genetic influence is easily inferior to hard work.
France chronique
Advanced Player
ESO: poissondu44

Sc vs aoe player

Post by chronique »

The genetic is not understand by the genetician... This is one of the most controversial biological discipline. Actualy many things are being questioned so... its realy funny to see this debate in a topic of an rts game :D (by peaple that haven't the base in genetic)

Portugal, new table tenis nation, france an other day maybe :D .

And yes diarouga, iam this stupid person
France [Armag] diarouga
Ninja
NWC LAN Gold
ESO: diarouga

Sc vs aoe player

Post by [Armag] diarouga »

chronique wrote:And yes diarouga, iam this stupid person
K let''s call you Mr india>'>'iro now.
France chronique
Advanced Player

Sc vs aoe player

Post by chronique »

never said that but ok
No Flag deleted_user0
Ninja

Sc vs aoe player

Post by deleted_user0 »

jerom wrote:
umeu wrote:They went to dr. Legends scool of life and are wiki experts. To saytheyre not qualified to talk genetics is kwazy
you dont have to be a biologist to understand genetics really. Its not that complex, at least not the part of it that is being discussed.

We barely even know how the human body works, but yeah super simpleee
No Flag deleted_user0
Ninja

Sc vs aoe player

Post by deleted_user0 »

drlegend wrote:Well if you want to get technical we wouldn''t exist without genes, and since you need to exist before you can become a good tennis player, genes are partly responsible for being a good tennis player. But I don''t know of any specific genes that make certain ethnicities better at certain sports than others. Even if these genes existed it is likely they would be familial rather than ethnic. The reason Koreans are very good at video games is because in their culture there is extreme pressure to get excellent results even at the cost of physical and social health and they also tend to be more technology savvy than, say, Eastern Europeans.

Yea because ofcourse we humans arent influenced by outside factors at all since we were born. So we are all equally unaffected... Right?
Netherlands momuuu
Ninja

Sc vs aoe player

Post by momuuu »

umeu wrote:
jerom wrote:you dont have to be a biologist to understand genetics really. Its not that complex, at least not the part of it that is being discussed.

We barely even know how the human body works, but yeah super simpleee

the exact way specific genes work is extremely complex, but the idea behind it is simple. We have this genes that we got from our parents, which determine how we are built basically.

We have different races, which show differing physical characteristics (skin tone, hair color, size, etc.). Im saying that it might also be possible that certain other non physical aspects may differ. This is entirely possible given the way genes work, and not a weird theory at all given the sport types asian people excell at.

Im not really sure how my conclusion isnt simple to reach, and I dont see why it is wrong (the conclusion being that there MIGHT be a different in reaction time between different races). You dont need to be a biologist to deduce this, its really common logic.
Tuvalu gibson
Ninja
ECL Reigning Champs

Sc vs aoe player

Post by gibson »

jerom wrote:
umeu wrote:We barely even know how the human body works, but yeah super simpleee
the exact way specific genes work is extremely complex, but the idea behind it is simple. We have this genes that we got from our parents, which determine how we are built basically.

We have different races, which show differing physical characteristics (skin tone, hair color, size, etc.). Im saying that it might also be possible that certain other non physical aspects may differ. This is entirely possible given the way genes work, and not a weird theory at all given the sport types asian people excell at.

Im not really sure how my conclusion isnt simple to reach, and I dont see why it is wrong (the conclusion being that there MIGHT be a different in reaction time between different races). You dont need to be a biologist to deduce this, its really common logic.

youre definitly right. Its obvious that different races have different genes that effect athletic, gaming ability otherwise each race would have a proportional amount of people in each sport, game based on population numbers in each particular country. You dont have to look far to see this is not at all right. In the United states African Americans dominate basketball and to a lesser extent football, while Dominicans dominate/south Americans dominate baseball and canadians/Russians dominate hockey
Norway oxaloacetate
Dragoon

Sc vs aoe player

Post by oxaloacetate »

gibson wrote:
jerom wrote:jup. Evolution is a proces with a timescale of tens of thousands of years. Modern culture changes to fast to have much influence on evolution.

Incog, maybe Ill try to find sources on the asian stuff. Its notable how they dominate stuff where reaction time matters. Theyre really good at gymnastics aswell, probably due to their discipline, but they dont really dominate that sport. Theres definitely possibility that theres a genetic aspect. They dont dominate professional music either. Maybe there is a research about it, I only know that the few asians occupied the top spots at a research on reaction time at my high school. Of course not necessarily statistically relevant, but notable nonetheless.
macro evolution takes thousands of years, but we arent talking about a species changing lol. Were talking about a very small genetic change, micro evolution. I mean Darwins canaries beaks changed over the course of a generation based on their diet so I dont see why a change like that couldnt happen in humans....
Its hard to get at what you are referring to. First and foremost, I must point out that micro- and macroevolution shouldnt be terms used within the scientific community, in my honest opinion. Theyre spin words used by creationists (my gut is turning at mere sight of this word) used to portray evolution as something that it isnt, so that it will not inflict a conflict with their views on the matter. Nevertheless, it is simply wrong.

It is funny that you use Darwin finches as an example, because it is a common misconception that Darwin actually extrapolated certain aspects of the theory of evolution based on finches, whereas they are in fact not mentioned once in the whole of his book - the origin of species. Darwin did indeed notice that there existed a diverse group of finches (or more accurately, in the subfamily Geospizinae) - but he was unsure from what islands they derived - and so the whole point of what we would now call divergent evolution (where a common ancestor eventually develop into new species based on different environmental conditions).

When you say that culture affect evolution, are you in actuality referring to environmental conditions? Because I would impose the opposite, that culture is a consequence of evolution and the factors leading to it.

Well, either way, we should probably make a new off-topic thread on this topic if you disagree with this.

@Jerome: This also might be true. A lot of things might be true indeed.
We watched the tragedy unfold
We did as we were told
We bought and sold
It was the greatest show on earth
Italy Garja
Retired Contributor
Donator 02
ESO: Garja

Sc vs aoe player

Post by Garja »

pls dont bring offtopic discussions in the aoe3 forums
Image Image Image
No Flag deleted_user0
Ninja

Sc vs aoe player

Post by deleted_user0 »

drlegend wrote:
umeu wrote:Yea because ofcourse we humans arent influenced by outside factors at all since we were born. So we are all equally unaffected... Right?
Unless youre a koala or whatever, genes have no effect on behavior compared to willpower.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=qDii69YCh_Q
Norway oxaloacetate
Dragoon

Sc vs aoe player

Post by oxaloacetate »

gibson wrote:
jerom wrote:the exact way specific genes work is extremely complex, but the idea behind it is simple. We have this genes that we got from our parents, which determine how we are built basically.

youre definitly right. Its obvious that different races have different genes that effect athletic, gaming ability otherwise each race would have a proportional amount of people in each sport, game based on population numbers in each particular country. You dont have to look far to see this is not at all right. In the United states African Americans dominate basketball and to a lesser extent football, while Dominicans dominate/south Americans dominate baseball and canadians/Russians dominate hockey
Im not saying its is really wrong, but these are so gross oversimplifications that it makes very little sense discussing it in this manner, to be honest.

If youre argument is that genetics makes a given population an increased likelyhood to succeed at sport x, then you are of course right, but then why are, say, the russians so extremely skilled at sport x - whilst another population with the same genetic material are not?

The answer isnt that hard - and it goes to show that even though genetic differences obviously affect the world we live in - the whole debate amongst scientists is regarding to what degree this is actually occuring. So, we can probably drop this now, since everyone in this thread is actually in agreenance with each other. I at least think so. Good talk, gang.
We watched the tragedy unfold
We did as we were told
We bought and sold
It was the greatest show on earth
No Flag deleted_user0
Ninja

Sc vs aoe player

Post by deleted_user0 »

gibson wrote:
jerom wrote:the exact way specific genes work is extremely complex, but the idea behind it is simple. We have this genes that we got from our parents, which determine how we are built basically.

There is absolutely no genetic reason why canadians and russians or south americans would dominate in their reapective sports. The reason for that is pretty much completely cultural. Any big asian or african could be good at hocky if they learned to iceskate at a young age. And same with other traits for baseball... Basketball and running might be another matter, but for this the idea of race is way too limited to even apply afaik... People think of blacks as one race for some reason while people from all corners of africa are so different from each other. Same for asia as well
Tuvalu gibson
Ninja
ECL Reigning Champs

Sc vs aoe player

Post by gibson »

oxaloacetate wrote:
gibson wrote: macro evolution takes thousands of years, but we arent talking about a species changing lol. Were talking about a very small genetic change, micro evolution. I mean Darwins canaries beaks changed over the course of a generation based on their diet so I dont see why a change like that couldnt happen in humans....
Its hard to get at what you are referring to. First and foremost, I must point out that micro- and macroevolution shouldnt be terms used within the scientific community, in my honest opinion. Theyre spin words used by creationists (my gut is turning at mere sight of this word) used to portray evolution as something that it isnt, so that it will not inflict a conflict with their views on the matter. Nevertheless, it is simply wrong.

It is funny that you use Darwin finches as an example, because it is a common misconception that Darwin actually extrapolated certain aspects of the theory of evolution based on finches, whereas they are in fact not mentioned once in the whole of his book - the origin of species. Darwin did indeed notice that there existed a diverse group of finches (or more accurately, in the subfamily?Geospizinae) - but he was unsure from what islands they derived - and so the whole point of what we would now call divergent evolution (where a common ancestor eventually develop into new species based on different environmental conditions).

When you say that culture affect evolution, are you in actuality referring to environmental conditions? Because I would impose the opposite, that culture is a consequence?of evolution and the factors leading to it.

Well, either way, we should probably make a new off-topic thread on this topic if you disagree with this.?

@Jerome:?This?also might?be true. A lot of things might be true indeed.?

i just said macro/micro because they were the only words that came up on Google when I searched for short term vs long term evolution. I am rather illiterate when it comes to natural science so pardon me if I use words that arent scientifically accepted. Obviously short term and long term evolution are the exact same thing just applied over a different period of time, the only distinction being the amount of time.
Tuvalu gibson
Ninja
ECL Reigning Champs

Sc vs aoe player

Post by gibson »

umeu wrote:
gibson wrote:youre definitly right. Its obvious that different races have different genes that effect athletic, gaming ability otherwise each race would have a proportional amount of people in each sport, game based on population numbers in each particular country. You dont have to look far to see this is not at all right. In the United states African Americans dominate basketball and to a lesser extent football, while Dominicans dominate/south Americans dominate baseball and canadians/Russians dominate hockey

There is absolutely no genetic reason why canadians and russians or south americans would dominate in their reapective sports. The reason for that is pretty much completely cultural. Any big asian or african could be good at hocky if they learned to iceskate at a young age. And same with other traits for baseball... Basketball and running might be another matter, but for this the idea of race is way too limited to even apply afaik... People think of blacks as one race for some reason while people from all corners of africa are so different from each other. Same for asia as well

i know that people from different African countries are different...... Notice how I didnt say black people but African Americans, which are black people who have been in America for many generations. Not all black people in America are African Americans. However, African Americans tend to be better at basketball and football while Africans tend to be better at soccer and Jamaicans at running etc etc
France chronique
Advanced Player

Sc vs aoe player

Post by chronique »

The culture depend of evolution and affect the evolution. The culture affect the human environnement and the environnement is one (juste one) motor of evolution (evolution is a bad word, there aren't evolution, juste modification). If you condition your children to be good in rts games, your children become good in rts (this is true for all aspect of a society, we are all conditioned by our society). So, especially in Homo sapiens, its ability to adapted to its environment makes it really difficult to know the importance of genetics (hence the importance of conditioning with us species).

In america if black peaple dominates basketball its not depend of their skin at the origine (look the the average height of a Kenyan, their is black too), its becouse white peaple using the black slaves, so if black slave wasn't resistant, he dies (and contribute to selection black more resistant). Moreover, in africa actually, their life condition are really difficulte (becouse of us, thx consumption) and their contribute to select some type of peaple. Said korean are more better in rts is statistically right but is not because there are korean, its becouse their environnement contributes.
Palestine Mimsy for President
Jaeger

Sc vs aoe player

Post by Mimsy for President »

*However, African Americans tend to be better at basketball and Murican football while Africans tend to be better at football and Jamaicans at running etc etc
No Flag deleted_user0
Ninja

Sc vs aoe player

Post by deleted_user0 »

gibson wrote:
umeu wrote:There is absolutely no genetic reason why canadians and russians or south americans would dominate in their reapective sports. The reason for that is pretty much completely cultural. Any big asian or african could be good at hocky if they learned to iceskate at a young age. And same with other traits for baseball... Basketball and running might be another matter, but for this the idea of race is way too limited to even apply afaik... People think of blacks as one race for some reason while people from all corners of africa are so different from each other. Same for asia as well
i know that people from different African countries are different...... Notice how I didnt say black people but African Americans, which are black people who have been in America for many generations. Not all black people in America are African Americans. However, African Americans tend to be better at basketball and football while Africans tend to be better at soccer and Jamaicans at running etc etc

Except african americans havent been seperated for long enough to qualify as a different group from other west africans :/ same for jamaicans. African americans and other black caribeans are in the same position, some havent even been in that are for 200 years. Hardly long enough for meaningful genetic differences that arent the result from mixing. Anyway the term races is hopelessly inadequate and your entire post just falls apart around it

Just because lately the few most outspoken champs have been jamaicans doesnt mean theyre automatically a running race. Its just a popular sport, so youth that in europe wouldve been a great football player, or basketball player in the usa, woll become a great runner in jamaica.
Tuvalu gibson
Ninja
ECL Reigning Champs

Sc vs aoe player

Post by gibson »

shaolinstar wrote:*However, African Americans tend to be better at basketball and football while Africans tend to be better at pussyfootball and Jamaicans at running etc etc

fixed
France iNcog
Ninja

Sc vs aoe player

Post by iNcog »

The role of genes exists but is minimal indeed in the face of hard work, effort and education.
YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/incog_aoe
Garja wrote:
20 Mar 2020, 21:46
I just hope DE is not going to implement all of the EP changes. Right now it is a big clusterfuck.