[In Progress][Links][MAJ220321] Hall of Fame/ Crazy Games/WP/ Comebacks/Upsets

Australia Kawapasaka
ESOC Pro Team

Re: [In Progress][Links][MAJ0704] Hall of Fame/ Crazy Games/WP/ Comebacks/Upsets

Post by Kawapasaka »

Best game I've ever seen is a long-lost-to-the-twitch-void random ladder game between Hazza and Prince on Tassili some time last year, super entertaining full age 2 France vs Iro slogfest with constant vill fighting for every hunt. IIRC at the end Prince had more vills but was holed up in his base while Hazza had almost no army but the map. There were no hunts left but since Iro never aged up there were plenty of mines, and Hazza had tons of pop space from larger earlier fights, so he dropped a saloon and started spamming outlaws into Prince's base to end the game. That play seriously blew my mind at the time.
Sweden Zutazuta
Howdah
zuta

Re: [In Progress][Links][MAJ0704] Hall of Fame/ Crazy Games/WP/ Comebacks/Upsets

Post by Zutazuta »

How about the game where @Victor_swe showed is the power of the 3rax rush and downed the water boy? Definitely in my top 10.
United States of America Podawe
Musketeer
ESO: Skeeter666

Post by Podawe »

Great thread.
France Von_peter
Crossbow
ESO: Von_peter

Re: [In Progress][Links][MAJ0010321] Hall of Fame/ Crazy Games/WP/ Comebacks/Upsets

Post by Von_peter »

If you have any game in mind, please provide links :)
Australia Hazza54321
Pro Player
Winter Champion 2020 x2Donator 01
ESO: PrinceofBabu

Post by Hazza54321 »

Kawapasaka wrote:Best game I've ever seen is a long-lost-to-the-twitch-void random ladder game between Hazza and Prince on Tassili some time last year, super entertaining full age 2 France vs Iro slogfest with constant vill fighting for every hunt. IIRC at the end Prince had more vills but was holed up in his base while Hazza had almost no army but the map. There were no hunts left but since Iro never aged up there were plenty of mines, and Hazza had tons of pop space from larger earlier fights, so he dropped a saloon and started spamming outlaws into Prince's base to end the game. That play seriously blew my mind at the time.
that was a sick game ngl
France Aykin Haraka
Howdah
EWT
ESO: aykin

Re: [In Progress][Links][MAJ0040321] Hall of Fame/ Crazy Games/WP/ Comebacks/Upsets

Post by Aykin Haraka »

g1 mate so much power
United States of America _H2O
ESOC Business Team
Donator 06
ESO: _H2O

Re: [In Progress][Links][MAJ220321] Hall of Fame/ Crazy Games/WP/ Comebacks/Upsets

Post by _H2O »

Yeah one of the strats I’m most happy with was the mongo vs h2o China vs India with the elephants.
Canada Warno
Dragoon
Donator 08
ESO: Warno

Re: [In Progress][Links][MAJ220321] Hall of Fame/ Crazy Games/WP/ Comebacks/Upsets

Post by Warno »

There was a French mirror, on painted desert I think. Mitoe and someone else maybe?
Fighting with vills all over the map. I think both ended with like 10-15 CDBs at 25 minutes in age 2.

One of the old Saturday smackdowns I think, maybe @Zutazuta or @Interjection know what game I am talking about.
Sweden Zutazuta
Howdah
zuta

Post by Zutazuta »

That's definitely the one. It might be one of my favorite games of all time!
Malaysia Aizamk
Pro Player
ESOC WarChiefs Classic 2017

Post by Aizamk »

3 huss first before it was the rage (and on a no tp map), that was me at my peak
oranges.
Australia PatrickLFC
Musketeer

Post by PatrickLFC »

Aizamk vs SomppuKunkku game 2 on Baja California here was pretty sick (starts about 20 mins, some weird audio overlay mistake for the first minute or so)

Canada Warno
Dragoon
Donator 08

Post by Warno »

That's the game. thanks @vividlyplain

Amazing game! Crusty old Zuta and young energetic Inter are such a good commentary duo
Sweden Zutazuta
Howdah
zuta

Post by Zutazuta »

Just rewatched that video. If @Mitoe doesn't resign I think there's another 30 min of fiesta that goes on. Game was basically a hard reset with no resources on the map and each side having a mill haha.
Kiribati princeofcarthage
Retired Contributor

Post by princeofcarthage »

Aizamk wrote:3 huss first before it was the rage (and on a no tp map), that was me at my peak
Questionable peak you got tbh. You let that game get dragged on for a decade after dominating first 10 mins and almost managed to throw it.
Fine line to something great is a strange change.
United States of America Squamiger
Howdah
ESO: Squamiger

Post by Squamiger »

there was a really amazing game, possibly between Mitoe and Kaiserklein (but I forget) on Colorado, where both players just constantly chased eachother around the map and raided eachother. The game ended with like, both players on 10 villagers at 30 minutes or something. I remember at one point one player only had black riders and a few vills and it was just cat and mouse for a long time. It was a good game
Canada Warno
Dragoon
Donator 08

Post by Warno »

Zutazuta wrote:Just rewatched that video. If @Mitoe doesn't resign I think there's another 30 min of fiesta that goes on. Game was basically a hard reset with no resources on the map and each side having a mill haha.
Aiz has more vills, but Mitoe has a plantation.

Need someone create a scenario with these conditions so we can see how this shakes out!
Croatia toriancarconn
Skirmisher
Donator 03
ESO: toriancarconn

Post by toriancarconn »

Zutazuta wrote:Just rewatched that video. If @Mitoe doesn't resign I think there's another 30 min of fiesta that goes on. Game was basically a hard reset with no resources on the map and each side having a mill haha.
oh no, why did I see this. Now I know the outcome before I watched the match.
Sweden Zutazuta
Howdah
zuta

Post by Zutazuta »

toriancarconn wrote:
In my defense, that game is 7 years old :P
Croatia toriancarconn
Skirmisher
Donator 03
ESO: toriancarconn

Post by toriancarconn »

Zutazuta wrote:
toriancarconn wrote:
In my defense, that game is 7 years old :P
Still enjoyed watching the recording yesterday. You and Interjection make a good commentator combo.

When I think of Aizamk I think of "these strats are actually not meant to work". Marvellous.