Official "Can I Win This Fight?" Thread

Australia Kawapasaka
ESOC Pro Team

Re: Official "Can I Win This Fight?" Thread

Post by Kawapasaka »

deleted_user wrote:
Kaiserklein wrote:@deleted_user4 here's the cav micro clip

https://clips.twitch.tv/ResilientEnticingMelonPrimeMe

Not as crisp as I remembered, but still kinda shows how to commit to a fight while pulling back only the huss in contact with anti cav and split your cav in 2 groups
It's a dead link?
worked before, but then I'm guessing the music in the video got copyrighted so the clip gets nuked
France Kaiserklein
Pro Player
GameRanger ID: 5529322

Post by Kaiserklein »

@deleted_user4 just check my last stream at 9:45. Dunno why the clip doesn't work
LoOk_tOm wrote:I have something in particular against Kaisar (GERMANY NOOB mercenary LAMME FOREVER) And the other people (noobs) like suck kaiser ... just this ..
Latvia harcha
Gendarme
ESO: hatamoto_samurai

Post by harcha »

@Kaiserklein clip with music gets deleted as soon as you make it. perhaps now that the VOD has its music muted you can make a muted clip.
POC wrote:Also I most likely know a whole lot more than you.
POC wrote:Also as an objective third party, and near 100% accuracy of giving correct information, I would say my opinions are more reliable than yours.
France Kaiserklein
Pro Player

Post by Kaiserklein »

It's dumb since they mute videos they could just mute clips
LoOk_tOm wrote:I have something in particular against Kaisar (GERMANY NOOB mercenary LAMME FOREVER) And the other people (noobs) like suck kaiser ... just this ..
United States of America minimoult21
Dragoon
ESO: minimoult21

Post by minimoult21 »

https://clips.twitch.tv/OddPiercingSwordSeemsGood

Here is a reclipping of it.

A thing I noticed is that after a while Kaiser stops using his control groups and just micros a few huss at a time. I believe this is crucial when microing cav vs musk in particular.

(No sound because copyrighted music)
minimoult21 represents a relative unknown.
No Flag deleted_user
Ninja

Post by deleted_user »

Damn, slick.
France Guigs
Tournament Admin
ESO: Guigs

Post by Guigs »

France flontier
Lancer
Intermediate Division Winner
ESO: Flontier
Clan: PLOP

Post by flontier »

I like how the china monk dude is fighing alone 6 kenya with his bare hands, with ~15skirms/8goons shooting him, but "no problem boys, lets go back chill to my base". Must be the most realistic thing in the game.
France Guigs
Tournament Admin

Post by Guigs »

flontier wrote:I like how the china monk dude is fighing alone 6 kenya with his bare hands, with ~15skirms/8goons shooting him, but "no problem boys, lets go back chill to my base". Must be the most realistic thing in the game.
Yeah ahah it's quite funny, a few thing to notice imo are :
- Starting position is not great, my hand cav is kinda stuck behind my goons so I tried to make the most of the goons until I can get my hand cav in a decent position
- I tried to use the pocket in the middle of the war hut and the stable to "escape" my skirms, and I could use my hand cav to body block china's hand cav
- It gave me a breathing room where I could spend a second to queue units and send a shipment. I often see some players not constantly training units resulting in not having crucial reinforcements when they need to
France Kaiserklein
Pro Player

Post by Kaiserklein »

minimoult21 wrote:Here is a reclipping of it.

A thing I noticed is that after a while Kaiser stops using his control groups and just micros a few huss at a time. I believe this is crucial when microing cav vs musk in particular.

(No sound because copyrighted music)
Yes, you can't get a good surround or be accurate enough if you just use your whole control group in this situation
Australia Hazza54321
Pro Player
Winter Champion 2020 x2Donator 01
ESO: PrinceofBabu

Post by Hazza54321 »

So you mean outmicro with more stuff and barely win the fight? Noted.

Referring to castetes china clip
No Flag deleted_user
Ninja

Post by deleted_user »

@Hazza54321 talk shit, post clip
France Guigs
Tournament Admin

Post by Guigs »

Hazza54321 wrote:So you mean outmicro with more stuff and barely win the fight? Noted.

Referring to castetes china clip
I stopped kiting when i knew i would win the fight, but yeah that's how it works with china
I don't "barely" win the fight, i have hand cav and goons leftovers while he's got only skirms left
United States of America _H2O
ESOC Business Team
Donator 06
ESO: _H2O

Re:

Post by _H2O »

I would have sold to queue curs and made hand cav here. The kiting was generally good but you could have ended the game if you queued hand cav here.

You also let him walk away to kill his explorer which was also not ideal. I think when you feel relieved to survive you can miss chances to outright win on an opponents bad push.

Also a small thing but sometimes with a big ball of skirm or goon right click a single unit produces so much over kill that it would be better to attack move and split on a few non-counter targets.
France Guigs
Tournament Admin

Post by Guigs »

_H2O wrote:
I would have sold to queue curs and made hand cav here. The kiting was generally good but you could have ended the game if you queued hand cav here.

You also let him walk away to kill his explorer which was also not ideal. I think when you feel relieved to survive you can miss chances to outright win on an opponents bad push.

Also a small thing but sometimes with a big ball of skirm or goon right click a single unit produces so much over kill that it would be better to attack move and split on a few non-counter targets.
Yeah I agree, I made many mistakes like having stagecoach but forgetting about it as well ^^ I tend to play it too safe as well, sure I could have follow him and try to end the game here but iirc i canceled the tomahawk shipment to send cuirs instead
France chronique
Advanced Player
ESO: poissondu44

Post by chronique »

This thread is one of the best i have never see. So much information. Something was missing in aoe is replay a sequance again and again. When you want improve specific stuff, you dont want replay the entire game.
European Union Scroogie
Lancer
ESO: Scroogie
GameRanger ID: 10056919

Post by Scroogie »

Yea, im loving this thread too.
Me being slightly ahead vs H2O: Image
No Flag deleted_user
Ninja

Post by deleted_user »

Thinking about posting some base defense with vill ponching for critique.
France chronique
Advanced Player

Post by chronique »

Question i have. Before i left the game in 2013, i always used "select only military by sliding " (dont know the exact translation), and since i am back, i dont know. Becouse when i need to select unit for grouping reinforcement its much eazier, but when i need to hold agression or leave a place where vilagers are exposed, i want select army + vili (cause i dont play fr my vili are not supose to tank).

So what is best?
France iNcog
Ninja

Post by iNcog »

chronique wrote:Question i have. Before i left the game in 2013, i always used "select only military by sliding " (dont know the exact translation), and since i am back, i dont know. Becouse when i need to select unit for grouping reinforcement its much eazier, but when i need to hold agression or leave a place where vilagers are exposed, i want select army + vili (cause i dont play fr my vili are not supose to tank).

So what is best?
Do you know that holding alt key while drag boxing also selects villagers? I think you probably do but just checking
YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/incog_aoe
Garja wrote:
20 Mar 2020, 21:46
I just hope DE is not going to implement all of the EP changes. Right now it is a big clusterfuck.
Latvia harcha
Gendarme
ESO: hatamoto_samurai

Post by harcha »

i always used disable "select military only" but somehow i have accidentally enabled it. i think there is a hotkey combination to switch on/off quickly @chronique
as i mostly play defensive civs/greedy playstyles, i prefer it disabled

@iNcog i discover something new about this game every day
POC wrote:Also I most likely know a whole lot more than you.
POC wrote:Also as an objective third party, and near 100% accuracy of giving correct information, I would say my opinions are more reliable than yours.
France chronique
Advanced Player

Post by chronique »

iNcog wrote: Do you know that holding alt key while drag boxing also selects villagers? I think you probably do but just checking
Its not working properly becouse sometime i cant release the box (i dont know how explain that, its realy weird, the white box don't diseaper and nothing are selected).
No Flag deleted_user
Ninja

Post by deleted_user »

iNcog wrote:
chronique wrote:Question i have. Before i left the game in 2013, i always used "select only military by sliding " (dont know the exact translation), and since i am back, i dont know. Becouse when i need to select unit for grouping reinforcement its much eazier, but when i need to hold agression or leave a place where vilagers are exposed, i want select army + vili (cause i dont play fr my vili are not supose to tank).

So what is best?
Do you know that holding alt key while drag boxing also selects villagers? I think you probably do but just checking
That's correct. Off the top of my head I know Kaiser and Hazza have it configured like this. I think H2O did not.
France flontier
Lancer
Intermediate Division Winner
ESO: Flontier
Clan: PLOP

Post by flontier »

Yes h2o has it disable because its way more easier then to use vills to punch, garrison low hp, eject etc... as fast as possible, part of what help to have a good base defense.
France iNcog
Ninja

Post by iNcog »

chronique wrote:
iNcog wrote: Do you know that holding alt key while drag boxing also selects villagers? I think you probably do but just checking
Its not working properly becouse sometime i cant release the box (i dont know how explain that, its realy weird, the white box don't diseaper and nothing are selected).
I've noticed this bug as well.
YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/incog_aoe
Garja wrote:
20 Mar 2020, 21:46
I just hope DE is not going to implement all of the EP changes. Right now it is a big clusterfuck.