14%
Other.. (put your comments below)
8%

Total votes: 90

No Flag deleted_user
Ninja

Things that won't change

Post by deleted_user »

Title says all, what would not change at all even after many years? and why? Reasonable reasons please ;)
Latvia harcha
Gendarme
ESO: hatamoto_samurai

Re: Things that won't change

Post by harcha »

gs and go-spam
POC wrote:Also I most likely know a whole lot more than you.
POC wrote:Also as an objective third party, and near 100% accuracy of giving correct information, I would say my opinions are more reliable than yours.
France iNcog
Ninja

Post by iNcog »

breeze polls clearly
YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/incog_aoe
Garja wrote:
20 Mar 2020, 21:46
I just hope DE is not going to implement all of the EP changes. Right now it is a big clusterfuck.
Canada dansil92
Retired Contributor
ESO: dansil92

Post by dansil92 »

3v3 deccan and piroff

http://aoe3.jpcommunity.com/rating2/player?n=piroshiki

Edit: lol he's already played 4 games today
European Union Scroogie
Lancer
ESO: Scroogie
GameRanger ID: 10056919

Post by Scroogie »

Is piroshiki an old pro known for his Spani aggro ff kinda like Samwise12 is for the Samwise-build as France?
Me being slightly ahead vs H2O: Image
France [Armag] diarouga
Ninja
NWC LAN Gold
ESO: diarouga

Post by [Armag] diarouga »

Scroogie wrote:Is piroshiki an old pro known for his Spani aggro ff kinda like Samwise12 is for the Samwise-build as France?
He's old but he isn't really a pro.
In fact, he's decent but he was never a top player (I think his max pr was like 37, and that was inflated because he plays so much). However, he's a meme because he played like 20k games doing the exact same build in every MU.
European Union aaryngend
Howdah
Clan: N3O

Post by aaryngend »

[Armag] diarouga wrote:
Scroogie wrote:Is piroshiki an old pro known for his Spani aggro ff kinda like Samwise12 is for the Samwise-build as France?
In fact, he's decent but he was never a top player (I think his max pr was like 37, and that was inflated because he plays so much). However, he's a meme because he played like 20k games doing the exact same build in every MU.
Doing the same build 20k times in a row even my grandma could reach PR 35 tbh :lol:

It's kinda funny how some newer players think these mediocre game spammers with their 10,000 games (blackouter, holy_back_eye, Vishnu_India, rafuuuu, etc.) through the years who even reached PR 40-42 at times, were any good. There were much much more skilled people playing this game.
Some people think Darwin_Giovanny is a god-tier player, where in fact he was just a decent player back in the day, no one that special.
People like Challe, Samwise, H2O are x-times better than these dudes. They were just mostly on FP so those asians kept playing themselves, inflating their elo and PR. At some point people become inactive, etc.

Me and my friends back then beat those asian guys multiple times back in the day, and we weren't any good :grin:
India Challenger_Marco
ESOC Media Team
ESO: challenger_marco

Post by Challenger_Marco »

something is wrong in the poll @Sargsyan im not mentioned
:nwc:
Germany Oliveza
Pro Player
ESO: Oliveza

Post by Oliveza »

@Paul312 & HPC xD
:mds: > BIGS
Netherlands Mr_Bramboy
Retired Contributor
Donator 01
ESO: [VOC] Bram

Post by Mr_Bramboy »

How is 'breeze polls' not an option here?
France Kaiserklein
Pro Player
GameRanger ID: 5529322

Post by Kaiserklein »

Other: breeze posting garbage polls
LoOk_tOm wrote:I have something in particular against Kaisar (GERMANY NOOB mercenary LAMME FOREVER) And the other people (noobs) like suck kaiser ... just this ..
No Flag fightinfrenchman
Ninja
Donator 04

Post by fightinfrenchman »

@deleted_user5 Please do some more polls in the off topic section
Dromedary Scone Mix is not Alone Mix
United States of America highiqwarrior
Crossbow
ESO: highiqwarrior

Post by highiqwarrior »

Piroshiki wont change, he got scared of using another civ after trying another civ out (or accidentally picked it).
Attachments
x-files.JPG
Austria Jerimuno
Advanced Player
ESO: Jerimuno
GameRanger ID: 9241516

Post by Jerimuno »

For years I have dreamed about being included as an option in a legendary breeze poll.

Tears and sweat have been spilt in a plethora of attempts to make my wish come true, and finally I can say I achieved the most honourable goal in all of ESOC.
I can die a happy aoe player now.
France [Armag] diarouga
Ninja
NWC LAN Gold

aaryngend wrote:
[Armag] diarouga wrote:
Doing the same build 20k times in a row even my grandma could reach PR 35 tbh :lol:

It's kinda funny how some newer players think these mediocre game spammers with their 10,000 games (blackouter, holy_back_eye, Vishnu_India, rafuuuu, etc.) through the years who even reached PR 40-42 at times, were any good. There were much much more skilled people playing this game.
Some people think Darwin_Giovanny is a god-tier player, where in fact he was just a decent player back in the day, no one that special.
People like Challe, Samwise, H2O are x-times better than these dudes. They were just mostly on FP so those asians kept playing themselves, inflating their elo and PR. At some point people become inactive, etc.

Me and my friends back then beat those asian guys multiple times back in the day, and we weren't any good :grin:
Yea, most of the japanese/chinese players are overrated except boneng and nagayumi who were both very good. Of course, they would lose to today's top players because they don't understand the new meta but they were great players.

I agree that blachouter, holy_back_eye and rafuuu were nothing special but Vishnu_India was decent honestly. Again, on EP maps against the current players he would lose all his games but he was really good at abusing musk raids on low hunt maps and water maps.
In a way, he was the 2012 somppu.
No Flag Astaroth
Howdah

Post by Astaroth »

Doesn't Vishnu_India still play as Black XIII or sth?
France [Armag] diarouga
Ninja
NWC LAN Gold

Astaroth wrote:Doesn't Vishnu_India still play as Black XIII or sth?
He does play on Back_XIIT sometimes. He was also known as spider_xiande.
European Union aaryngend
Howdah

Post by aaryngend »

[Armag] diarouga wrote:Yea, most of the japanese/chinese players are overrated except boneng and nagayumi who were both very good. Of course, they would lose to today's top players because they don't understand the new meta but they were great players.
Ye I heard that there are exceptions, Nagayumi being one of them (even if that took him quite a while), I just know too little to have a wholesome opinon but wanted to speak out regardless. I didn't want to lump them all together, but quite frankly, many are overrated.
[Armag] diarouga wrote:I agree that blachouter, holy_back_eye and rafuuu were nothing special but Vishnu_India was decent honestly. Again, on EP maps against the current players he would lose all his games but he was really good at abusing musk raids on low hunt maps and water maps.
In a way, he was the 2012 somppu
I also picked Vishnu_India because he lost to a 2nd lieutenant of our clan back in the day, playing his main civ :hehe:
[Armag] diarouga wrote:
Astaroth wrote:Doesn't Vishnu_India still play as Black XIII or sth?
He does play on Back_XIIT sometimes. He was also known as spider_xiande.
spider_xiande is Vishnu_India? I thought Vishnu was indian, because spider is japanese.
France [Armag] diarouga
Ninja
NWC LAN Gold

Vishnu (and spider because they're the same person) is Chinese (or from Taïwan I don't remember).
Italy Garja
Retired Contributor
Donator 02
ESO: Garja

Post by Garja »

I also think it's 2 different players. black 13 and spider xiande are the same tho
Image Image Image
France chronique
Advanced Player
ESO: poissondu44

Post by chronique »

If you make boneng on your list, so i can add a lot of strong japonese player. Takuman, tonkatu, nobumanteikoko, shmras, tombo, snsjack, setugen, kyouji119, jui, LunariaANnua.

Also, airlity and nemuk was probably better then this list.

Also Challe is far far behind peaple like h20. I mean, Challe is more like Darwin than h20.

If you want a list of legendary name, you have grunt, phoenix, braidon, flooky (the big4 from 2007-2009 if i remember) luigi, thedemon parfait etc...
European Union aaryngend
Howdah

Post by aaryngend »

chronique wrote:Also Challe is far far behind peaple like h20. I mean, Challe is more like Darwin than h20.
Oh how wrong you are :flowers: When H2O was inactive, Challe was the ONLY person who could consistenly take games off of Samwise12. He was also the only guy who beat Grunt multiple times in serious games during early TAD. A well-trained Challe is a beast of its own. He also used to train our very own 36Drew.

Btw. what does the "-G" option in the poll stand for?
France chronique
Advanced Player

Post by chronique »

aaryngend wrote:
chronique wrote:Also Challe is far far behind peaple like h20. I mean, Challe is more like Darwin than h20.
Oh how wrong you are :flowers: When H2O was inactive, Challe was the ONLY person who could consistenly take games off of Samwise12. He was also the only guy who beat Grunt multiple times in serious games during early TAD. A well-trained Challe is a beast of its own. He also used to train our very own 36Drew.
I was here at the beginning of TAD and not heard so much about challe. What is the period you talk about?
France [Armag] diarouga
Ninja
NWC LAN Gold

chronique wrote:If you make boneng on your list, so i can add a lot of strong japonese player. Takuman, tonkatu, nobumanteikoko, shmras, tombo, snsjack, setugen, kyouji119, jui, LunariaANnua.

Also, airlity and nemuk was probably better then this list.

Also Challe is far far behind peaple like h20. I mean, Challe is more like Darwin than h20.

If you want a list of legendary name, you have grunt, phoenix, braidon, flooky (the big4 from 2007-2009 if i remember) luigi, thedemon parfait etc...
Takuman, nobuman, shmras, tombon, snshack, setugen, kyouji, jui and lunaria were good back then, but nothing special overall.
The difference between a great player and someone who was good at some point is that a great player can come back after years of inactivity and still be at the top. These 10 guys tried to come back and they just couldn't reach the top 10 because the meta changed and they weren't good enough to adapt.
Among the japanese players, only nagayumi and boneng managed to come back successfuly. They didn't try hard when they came back, that's why they didn't go too far in tournaments but they were top players for sure.

I can't talk about airlity and nemuke as they never tried to come back and I've never played against them.

Challe is not as good as _H2O of course but he is a great player. When he comes back, he quickly reaches a decent level because he has a deep understanding of the game.

Finally, I can't talk too much about the old pros because I've never played most of them. What I can say is that naturephoenix and grunt were great players for sure. I'm not so sure about braidon, flooky, luigi, thedemon, parfait etc.
We've had this discussion many times but imo they were good because they were active and had a good understanding of the old meta, but they're not "legendary". Even after months of practice, they'd probably lose to today's top players.
France chronique
Advanced Player

Post by chronique »

When Challe did a come back? And Shmras > boneng, after 2013 i can't talk.