Insane online numbers

United States of America Papist
Retired Contributor
Donator 03
ESO: Papist

Insane online numbers

Post by Papist »

I was just logged on a few minutes ago and there were over 4200 people online. Absolutely insane!
The function of man is to live, not to exist.
Netherlands Mr_Bramboy
Retired Contributor
Donator 01
ESO: [VOC] Bram

Re: Insanely online numbers

Post by Mr_Bramboy »

well there is a thing called the corona virus u tard

don't flame me
Retired Contributor
Donator 03

Post by Papist »

Mr_Bramboy wrote:well there is a thing called the corona virus u tard

don't flame me
Obviously, but it's impressive that 4200 people would log onto ESO in 2020 for any reason.
Greece giannisKING
Skirmisher
ESO: 4fr33d0m

Post by giannisKING »

Apparently however the vast majority of them are minus pr20, I can't find a game on quick search easier neither I have played with someone new , its still the same people at the competitive levels.
Australia Hazza54321
Pro Player
Winter Champion 2020 x2Donator 01
ESO: PrinceofBabu

Post by Hazza54321 »

Mr_Bramboy wrote:well there is a thing called the corona virus u tard

don't flame me
someone with more wit already made that joke you tard. fool even linked it
United States of America Squamiger
Howdah
ESO: Squamiger

Post by Squamiger »

time to make a smurf account and crush some noobs
European Union aaryngend
Howdah
Clan: N3O

Post by aaryngend »

I just checked again and it says 1898. How can they go from over 4k to under 2k in a matter of minutes? I think the servers kicked out a lot of people cause I'm online but can't access my Homecities right now :export:

edit: Okay, now I can access Homecities again, let's see how many people log back in (from those kicked), 2024 online now, 2350 now
Retired Contributor
Donator 03

Post by Papist »

aaryngend wrote:I just checked again and it says 1898. How can they go from over 4k to under 2k in a matter of minutes? I think the servers kicked out a lot of people cause I'm online but can't access my Homecities right now :export:

edit: Okay, now I can access Homecities again, let's see how many people log back in (from those kicked), 2024 online now, 2350 now
The servers keep crashing because they aren't designed to handle more than 2.5-3k at a time.
Latvia harcha
Gendarme
ESO: hatamoto_samurai

Re: Insane online numbers

Post by harcha »

today every time the population overcomes 4k (i saw 4.4k max) ESO crashes. eso has been crashing about every 45 minutes this evening
POC wrote:Also I most likely know a whole lot more than you.
POC wrote:Also as an objective third party, and near 100% accuracy of giving correct information, I would say my opinions are more reliable than yours.
France iNcog
Ninja

Post by iNcog »

:export: :export: :export: :export: :export: :export:
YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/incog_aoe
Garja wrote:
20 Mar 2020, 21:46
I just hope DE is not going to implement all of the EP changes. Right now it is a big clusterfuck.
European Union aaryngend
Howdah

Post by aaryngend »

Quick, someone do an ESOC Meme with:

Nappa: "Vegeta! What does the scouter say about his power level ?!?"

Vegeta: "It's over 4000!!!!!!!"

Nappa: "What? 4000? There is no way that could be right!"
Canada Cocaine
Lancer
ESO: Cow God

Post by Cocaine »

Eso is infected with the coronaaaa
A little Cocaine never hurt nobody!

Holy See Imperial Noob
Lancer

Post by Imperial Noob »

Papist wrote:
aaryngend wrote:I just checked again and it says 1898. How can they go from over 4k to under 2k in a matter of minutes? I think the servers kicked out a lot of people cause I'm online but can't access my Homecities right now :export:

The servers keep crashing because they aren't designed to handle more than 2.5-3k at a time.
That's... sad. It literally sends away people that want to play the game. Crushes any growth potential.
European Union aaryngend
Howdah

Post by aaryngend »

Imperial Noob wrote:
Papist wrote:

That's... sad. It literally sends away people that want to play the game. Crushes any growth potential.
No, that is the normal thing to do. The game is ancient.. and has steadily lost its playerbase. Why would they get servers which can handle 4k players when those 4k players are never online simultaneously?
This hasn't been the case for 13 years or so, how could they know a worldwide pandemic will hit the shelves in 2020 and more people are crammed up at home, leading to an online population this high?
This game isn't actively supported, they just make sure the servers are running. I'm sure servers like this could easily be enhanced to handle 1-2k more people without breaking much sweet. The question is just will they do it? Or concentrate all work on aoe3:DE.
France chronique
Advanced Player
ESO: poissondu44

Post by chronique »

If iam not wrong, the most peaple i have ever never see on this game was 11k, with regular pick arround 8k. It was more than 10 years ago...(i am so old...)
No Flag Astaroth
Howdah

Post by Astaroth »

I don't think it was ever that high, I played the game in like 2006-2008 and I think it was at most like 6k.
European Union aaryngend
Howdah

Post by aaryngend »

chronique wrote:If iam not wrong, the most peaple i have ever never see on this game was 11k, with regular pick arround 8k. It was more than 10 years ago...(i am so old...)
Nah that was a display bug. Sometimes it would show 2-3x the actual population, I remember this very vividly in 2008-2010 when I was active. Soon we found out it was just a bug, some logins counted multiple times I think. After 2006, it never hit 5k again tbh. There was this one website which tracked the ESO population every hour or so since late 2006, not being prone to the display bug, maximum I saw there was slightly above 4k or so.
France chronique
Advanced Player
ESO: poissondu44

Post by chronique »

That's mean, there are the same number now than in 2006?
Germany lordraphael
Pro Player
EWTNWC LAN SilverAdvanced Division WinnerDonator 01

Post by lordraphael »

But Only noobs
breeze wrote: they cant even guess how much f***ing piece of stupid retarded they look they are trying to give lesson to people who are over pr35 and know the best mu. im pretty sure that we need a page that only pr30+ post and then we could have a nice discussins.
European Union aaryngend
Howdah

Post by aaryngend »

chronique wrote:That's mean, there are the same number now than in 2006?
Yes, roughly.
Tuvalu gibson
Ninja
ECL Reigning Champs

Post by gibson »

summit has 320k people WATCHING him play Valorant. Thats 80x the 4000 people that were playing aoe. Really puts it in perspective how dead this game is.
United States of America n0el
ESOC Business Team
ESO: jezabob
Clan: 팀 하우스

Post by n0el »

What is dead may never die
mad cuz bad
Greece giannisKING
Skirmisher
ESO: 4fr33d0m

Post by giannisKING »

Game was never particilalry popular, like most rts anyway , and I cant imagine how dead it would actually be if this community was not formed
European Union aaryngend
Howdah

Post by aaryngend »

gibson wrote:summit has 320k people WATCHING him play Valorant. Thats 80x the 4000 people that were playing aoe. Really puts it in perspective how dead this game is.
That's a bad example though, because even if aoe3 had 3x the numbers it always had, it is always gonna be small compared to those streaming numbers. Would you call aoe3 in 2005 or 2006 dead too? When Web 2.0, Streaming, etc. didn't even exist?

I thought the same when I joined aoe3, I thought "Why are there not 20k people online, like I imagined it to be?" Looking at other games who were not superpopular, those numbers are fine and to be expected.
99,9% of games are small tbh, even the bigger ones have mostly less than 100k people playing simultaneously.

There are just too many ways to consume media in the world nowadays, let it be videos, music, social media, from mobile to pc gaming, etc. that any one software or product can claim a good chunk of that userbase.
Even Netflix lead to the decline of other games. All these attention hoggers keep splitting the viewer and player base.
United States of America Amsel_
Howdah
ESO: The_Amsel

Post by Amsel_ »

Squamiger wrote:time to make a smurf account and crush some noobs
Tfw you are the noob so you don't have to make smurf accounts

Get on my level... several ranks below yours. :hehe: