Insane online numbers

No Flag Astaroth
Howdah

Re: Insane online numbers

Post by Astaroth »

gibson wrote:summit has 320k people WATCHING him play Valorant. Thats 80x the 4000 people that were playing aoe. Really puts it in perspective how dead this game is.
And millions of people watch soccer. Or even curling.

Just because other people like to spend their time watching sports or video games I consider one-dimensional and boring, that doesn't have to mean anything for what I enjoy have to watch and play.
Kiribati princeofcarthage
Retired Contributor

Post by princeofcarthage »

Astaroth wrote:
gibson wrote:summit has 320k people WATCHING him play Valorant. Thats 80x the 4000 people that were playing aoe. Really puts it in perspective how dead this game is.
And millions of people watch soccer. Or even curling.

Just because other people like to spend their time watching sports or video games I consider one-dimensional and boring, that doesn't have to mean anything for what I enjoy have to watch and play.
How miserably you failed to understand the point!
Fine line to something great is a strange change.
Latvia harcha
Gendarme
ESO: hatamoto_samurai

Post by harcha »

I think those that watch games/sports and those that play games/sports are people with differing intentions (and therefore I wouldn't compare these groups). And I also think that because our community is so small and tight this gets muddied a bit, so I wouldn't use ESOC as an example here.
POC wrote:Also I most likely know a whole lot more than you.
POC wrote:Also as an objective third party, and near 100% accuracy of giving correct information, I would say my opinions are more reliable than yours.
Latvia harcha
Gendarme
ESO: hatamoto_samurai

Post by harcha »

Untitled.jpg
POC wrote:Also I most likely know a whole lot more than you.
POC wrote:Also as an objective third party, and near 100% accuracy of giving correct information, I would say my opinions are more reliable than yours.
United States of America Squamiger
Howdah
ESO: Squamiger

Post by Squamiger »

oh believe me I am a noob
No Flag RefluxSemantic
Gendarme

Post by RefluxSemantic »

harcha wrote:I think those that watch games/sports and those that play games/sports are people with differing intentions (and therefore I wouldn't compare these groups). And I also think that because our community is so small and tight this gets muddied a bit, so I wouldn't use ESOC as an example here.
Im a huge sucker for sports and games though. Boy do I miss the eredivisie and the giro d'Italia right now.
Netherlands MCJim
Retired Contributor
ESO: MCJim

Post by MCJim »

AoE3 is not even on sale and, indeed, I saw numbers higher than 4000 :o I've been on ESO since 2011 and I can't remember seeing numbers ending up that high. I think around that time 3300 was a decent amount, but higher than that barely occurred. In 2011 I would've never expected seeing an amount this high. As we can see in the ESO population stats, the population has been decreasing over the years.

Obviously, this has something to do with the Corona virus. People have a lot of free time. Also the recent news around AoE3:DE may influence the ESO population.

It's a shame though ESO keeps on crashing... But we can probably expect having a way more stable platform in AoE3:DE.
:food: My AoE3 YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/MCJimAgeofEmpiresIII
:wood: My AoE3 Twitch channel: https://www.twitch.tv/MCJim_

:coin: Age of Streaming YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/AgeOfStreaming
United States of America Podawe
Musketeer
ESO: Skeeter666

Post by Podawe »

Check out my latest thread about this topic: viewtopic.php?p=447405#p447405