What skills does each civilization develop?

Mexico Kap_AOE3
Musketeer
ESO: _Kap
GameRanger ID: 9118960

What skills does each civilization develop?

Post by Kap_AOE3 »

and which makes you more skilled in general?
:pop:
No Flag deleted_user
Ninja

Re: What skills does each civilization develop?

Post by deleted_user »

Civs with greater eco potential develop macro more, and civs which rely on stronger units instead of eco develop micro more.

Example macro civs are Brit, Dutch, Port, Japan I guess

Example micro civs are Otto, Iro, Sioux, Spain, Aztec or something

Both categories can probabaly choose to play the other playstyle, and all civs require macro and micro to certain extents. Note macro civs might have to employ a lot of base defense micro to accomplish their game plan.

The way I like to play AoE is to have more resources than my opponent so I can right click and continue right clicking, and using the extra units my resources have afforded me to raid, so I play the civs that are macro oriented.

And then France, Germany, etc are just in between.

Dutch is probably the civ that can abuse both macro and micro aspects to the max, so they might be the most "skilled."
France [Armag] diarouga
Ninja
NWC LAN Gold
ESO: diarouga

Post by [Armag] diarouga »

deleted_user wrote:Civs with greater eco potential develop macro more, and civs which rely on stronger units instead of eco develop micro more.

Example macro civs are Brit, Dutch, Port, Japan I guess

Example micro civs are Otto, Iro, Sioux, Spain, Aztec or something

Both categories can probabaly choose to play the other playstyle, and all civs require macro and micro to certain extents. Note macro civs might have to employ a lot of base defense micro to accomplish their game plan.

The way I like to play AoE is to have more resources than my opponent so I can right click and continue right clicking, and using the extra units my resources have afforded me to raid, so I play the civs that are macro oriented.

And then France, Germany, etc are just in between.

Dutch is probably the civ that can abuse both macro and micro aspects to the max, so they might be the most "skilled."
Aztec also requires both a good macro and a good micro. Honestly, the Dutch macro isn't really hard. I wouldn't say it's harder than the ger macro for instance.
France iNcog
Ninja

Post by iNcog »

Otto develops your ability to resist flaming
YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/incog_aoe
Garja wrote:
20 Mar 2020, 21:46
I just hope DE is not going to implement all of the EP changes. Right now it is a big clusterfuck.
No Flag RefluxSemantic
Gendarme

Post by RefluxSemantic »

I'm pretty sure the main thing Dutch teaches you is how to use cheeky cheese strats to beat bot Dutch players.
Canada forgrin
Howdah
ESO: Forgrin

Post by forgrin »

Civs that teach you how to hold pressure:
- Ports, China, Spain, Dutch

Civs that teach you how to play aggressively:
- Russia, Iro, Otto(you won't learn much lol), Sioux, Aztec, Germans (once you age)

Civs that teach you how to macro:
- India, Brits, Japan

Note I left out France because they can do everything to some extent.
https://www.twitch.tv/forgin14

"WTF WHERE ARE MY 10 FALCS" - AraGun_OP
Netherlands Mr_Bramboy
Retired Contributor
Donator 01
ESO: [VOC] Bram

Post by Mr_Bramboy »

India is one of the hardest civs in the game macro-wise, especially on EP. If you don't mind losing and if you want to improve quickly, you should pick up India.
Pakistan inyourpc
Musketeer
ESO: iamyawer
GameRanger ID: 8789100

Post by inyourpc »

forgrin wrote:Civs that teach you how to hold pressure:

- Russia, Iro, Otto(you won't learn much lol), Sioux, Aztec, Germans (once you age)

- India, Brits, Japan

Spain in wrong list? Agressive civ. Dutch and port in itself are some thing else, these civs makes game super interesting. Kynsie the great to be remembered here for this playstyle.
Canada forgrin
Howdah

Post by forgrin »

Mr_Bramboy wrote:India is one of the hardest civs in the game macro-wise, especially on EP. If you don't mind losing and if you want to improve quickly, you should pick up India.
This is what I did, only problem being that I'm still losing!

Canada forgrin
Howdah

Post by forgrin »

inyourpc wrote:
forgrin wrote:Civs that teach you how to hold pressure:

- India, Brits, Japan

Spain in wrong list? Agressive civ. Dutch and port in itself are some thing else, these civs makes game super interesting. Kynsie the great to be remembered here for this playstyle.
Yeah I don't disagree, several civs could fit in many categories. I put Spain in the Pressure category because dogs+MM is good for practice.

Canada Mitoe
Advanced Theory Craftsman
ESO: Mitoe
GameRanger ID: 346407

Post by Mitoe »

Forget about what civs give you what skills. Just make yourself never ever touch your damn market and 1 month later +5 PR
France [Armag] diarouga
Ninja
NWC LAN Gold

Mitoe wrote:Forget about what civs give you what skills. Just make yourself never ever touch your damn market and 1 month later +5 PR
why ?
Germany aligator92
Howdah
ESO: aligator92

Post by aligator92 »

Mitoe wrote:... Just make yourself never ever touch your damn market and 1 month later +5 PR
@Aizamk thoughts?
Canada Mitoe

Post by Mitoe »

[Armag] diarouga wrote:
Mitoe wrote:Forget about what civs give you what skills. Just make yourself never ever touch your damn market and 1 month later +5 PR
why ?
Because the number of times I watch someone buy food makes me want to kill myself

Also constantly buying wood greatly increases the amount of idle time you have walking from mine to mine, etc.

I just see people crutch with the market too much basically. Too much food? Sell 300. Still don't even adjust vill distribution.

Too much coin? Buy wood, or even food. Still don't adjust vill distribution.

I feel like if you learn to never need the market, then you'll be much more aware of your macro and therefore be better about spending your resources as well. Too many players *cough* *cough* @minimoult21 *cough* *cough* are always floating trillions of resources or making use of the market trading too much.
Malaysia Aizamk
Pro Player
ESOC WarChiefs Classic 2017

Post by Aizamk »

aligator92 wrote:
Mitoe wrote:... Just make yourself never ever touch your damn market and 1 month later +5 PR
@Aizamk thoughts?
I think @Mitoe just needs some sleep
oranges.
Canada Mitoe

Post by Mitoe »

Neverrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr
France [Armag] diarouga
Ninja
NWC LAN Gold

Mitoe wrote:
[Armag] diarouga wrote:
why ?
Because the number of times I watch someone buy food makes me want to kill myself

Also constantly buying wood greatly increases the amount of idle time you have walking from mine to mine, etc.

I just see people crutch with the market too much basically. Too much food? Sell 300. Still don't even adjust vill distribution.

I feel like if you learn to never need the market, then you'll be much more aware of your macro and therefore be better about spending your resources as well. Too many players *cough* *cough* @minimoult21 *cough* *cough* are always floating trillions of resources or making use of the market trading too much.
Trading at the market is obviously not good, but better than floating 2-3k food (erik, knusch etc).
I agree that improving your macro is the most important thing but it's not just about market.
Australia Kawapasaka
ESOC Pro Team

Post by Kawapasaka »

Market is there for trade, do as much as you need. Those who says its not cost effective after 5 trades are idiots. Cost effectiveness has nothing to do with it, its war and things do get expensive in war. So do what you have to do. If you lose fights by being cost effective then what good this do after you lost the game. Most so called pros are bo bots, they don't have strategic sense of this game but a few.
Canada Mitoe

Post by Mitoe »

[Armag] diarouga wrote:
Mitoe wrote:
Show hidden quotes

Trading at the market is obviously not good, but better than floating 2-3k food (erik, knusch etc).
I agree that improving your macro is the most important thing but it's not just about market.
No I agree with that, my point is if you force yourself not to use it you will find yourself in that kind of situation less frequently because you will force yourself to begin proactively adjusting your macro.

Once you have your macro down, that's when you can start using it again to get yourself out of emergencies.
France [Armag] diarouga
Ninja
NWC LAN Gold

Kawapasaka wrote:Market is there for trade, do as much as you need. Those who says its not cost effective after 5 trades are idiots. Cost effectiveness has nothing to do with it, its war and things do get expensive in war. So do what you have to do. If you lose fights by being cost effective then what good this do after you lost the game. Most so called pros are bo bots, they don't have strategic sense of this game but a few.
Haha.
Is it an aqwer quote ?
Australia Kawapasaka
ESOC Pro Team

Post by Kawapasaka »

[Armag] diarouga wrote:
Kawapasaka wrote:Market is there for trade, do as much as you need. Those who says its not cost effective after 5 trades are idiots. Cost effectiveness has nothing to do with it, its war and things do get expensive in war. So do what you have to do. If you lose fights by being cost effective then what good this do after you lost the game. Most so called pros are bo bots, they don't have strategic sense of this game but a few.
Haha.
Is it an aqwer quote ?
ofc!
France Guigs
Tournament Admin
ESO: Guigs

Post by Guigs »

[Armag] diarouga wrote:
Haha.
Is it an aqwer quote ?
must be ahah
Germany psychonautics
Crossbow
ESO: slechtehond

Post by psychonautics »

this quote reminds me of some hltv copy pastas
Pakistan inyourpc
Musketeer
ESO: iamyawer
GameRanger ID: 8789100

Post by inyourpc »

Mitoe is right, coz these days Market is number 1 way of spreading corona (china civ from aoe2 in this aoe3 game).
France iNcog
Ninja

Post by iNcog »

Get steel traps, delete market. +7PR, 800 IQ move
YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/incog_aoe
Garja wrote:
20 Mar 2020, 21:46
I just hope DE is not going to implement all of the EP changes. Right now it is a big clusterfuck.