musk/huss vs skirm/goon micro?

Mexico Kap_AOE3
Musketeer
ESO: _Kap
GameRanger ID: 9118960

musk/huss vs skirm/goon micro?

Post by Kap_AOE3 »

or better said, what combo is harder to micromanage? I find Musk-huss harder but maybe because im just pr25 and at my level lots of things are still a little bit hard to do.
:pop:
France [Armag] diarouga
Ninja
NWC LAN Gold
ESO: diarouga

Re: musk/huss vs skirm/goon micro?

Post by [Armag] diarouga »

Skirm/goon is slightly harder because you need to hit and run with both groups. With musk/huss, you need a good positioning, but you just a move the huss, and then hit and then go forward with musks (so you only need to control one group).
Latvia harcha
Gendarme
ESO: hatamoto_samurai

Post by harcha »

Musk huss is generally easier as all you need to do is make sure hussar keep engaged for the most part and musketeer keep running up and shooting. Meanwhile skirm goon requires kiting both units and making sure that their pathing doesn't fk up.

In practice however well controlled skirm/goon usually tends to win as you can pick off units from range and you can disengage a fight more easily (i.e. at lesser expense). Also goons don't die too bad vs musk.
POC wrote:Also I most likely know a whole lot more than you.
POC wrote:Also as an objective third party, and near 100% accuracy of giving correct information, I would say my opinions are more reliable than yours.
No Flag Astaroth
Howdah

Post by Astaroth »

Imo hardest thing for musk huss is the initial engage, positioning, trapping. If you don't do that well, the opponent will just forever kite you and you lose lots of units for free.

From my own lowly experience, musk huss seems difficult at first, because the basic hit and run of skirms is quite easy to do in comparison. But once you get proper positioning, trapping, engaging and some basic cav micro down, skirm goon becomes more difficult because you constantly need to keep moving, hit and run, pulltrick.
France chronique
Advanced Player
ESO: poissondu44

Post by chronique »

I don't "a mouv" when i microing mousket cav, if my opponenet kite, you need to kite as well with your own cav (maybe no need to to that every 3 sec, so you can focus more on your mousket, like diarouga said)

To me skirm goon is harder for physical reason, i have always found than kitting "in" is much ez than kitting "out" just because i positioning my army at the bottom of my screen.
Mexico Kap_AOE3
Musketeer
ESO: _Kap
GameRanger ID: 9118960

Post by Kap_AOE3 »

Astaroth wrote:Imo hardest thing for musk huss is the initial engage.
Yes, I find difficult the first engage too. I lose a lot of units as you say.
:pop:
Australia Kawapasaka
ESOC Pro Team

Post by Kawapasaka »

both very easy compared to the complexities of changdao/meteor micro
No Flag RefluxSemantic
Gendarme

Post by RefluxSemantic »

Skirm goon for sure. Optimal skirm/goon micro probably means splitting up like the aoe2 ai can do. You also ideally focus musks with skirms and cav with goons. This is all almost physically impossible for humans, the skill ceiling is actually extremely high here.

Not that musk huss is super easy, and I also dont want to say that skirm goon is always hard (in mirrors its quite easy), but in the particular scenario of skirm/goon vs musk/huss skirm goon is way harder.
China fei123456
Jaeger
ESO: fei123456

Post by fei123456 »

Generally skirm/goon beats musk/huss. But stronger musk/huss combo (e.g. naginata+ashigaru) can win too.
And you need more goon and less skirm in your army; if you have mass skirm but not enough anti-cav, you lose.