Is Kaiserklein clearly the best player on ESOC right now?

United States of America Podawe
Musketeer
ESO: Skeeter666

Is Kaiserklein clearly the best player on ESOC right now?

Post by Podawe »

I've been following the current tournament as well as the last couple, and with the exception of the LAN tournament, Kaiserklein has seemed to spank almost every single person he faces. He's been defeating some the best players 5-0 or 4-1 in the current season.

When I listen to him cast, his vast knowledge of the game is also evident. He's also 100+ ELO points ahead of the second rated player. I think it's clear that he's currently the best player at the moment and everyone else is competing for second.
Musketeer

Re: Is Kaiserklein clearly the best player on ESOC right now?

Post by Podawe »

Not to mention the fact that he's also basically carrying his team right now...
United States of America bittersalt123
Howdah

Post by bittersalt123 »

He's having a good run recently but ya I'd say he's currently the best but he isn't the best all the time.
"It makes a lot of sense to me that you're a Floridian." fightinfrenchman

Who needs water when you've got Brawndo – The Thirst Mutilator?

Secretary of State: But Brawndo's got what plants crave. It's got electrolytes
No Flag deleted_user
Ninja

Post by deleted_user »

He's having a good run and others are having a not so good run. The EPL map pool and balance patch also synergize well with his TP civ playstyle.

He's the best performing player in the EPL but shouldn't be winning as hard as he is tbh. I think this is in part evidenced by his not winning a seasonal tournament yet despite being poweranked as the number 1 or 2 seed in the last several. Though when he plays bad he seems to have a higher minimum performance than his peers.

Kaiser is a very skilled caster who is able to choose the important things to point out and can explain them in a simple, short, and effective manner. I think you'd be surprised just how much game knowledge/thinking goes on in a top player's head during a match. Viewers are just uber exposed to Kaiser and he presents it well. He has a nice memory too.
Canada Mitoe
Advanced Theory Craftsman
ESO: Mitoe
GameRanger ID: 346407

Post by Mitoe »

He's the best player right now I think. He has the consistency that others don't. Like myself, for example, I think I can go toe to toe (haha, get it?) with Kaiser on a good day, but sometimes I just have days where I play like a complete monkey (like today). He doesn't seem to get those days except on very rare occasions.

His playstyle is also very safe and difficult to punish. Very solid and adaptable.
No Flag deleted_user
Ninja

Post by deleted_user »

NA players suffer a find-game debuff because the competitive population on NA servers is low and too varied in skill.

I don't think it's a coincidence that so many of the rising stars are French phenoms and other EU server players who can grind more games against better opponents. This is as true for forging skills as it is in honing the edge.
No Flag deleted_user
Ninja

Post by deleted_user »

That said, esocMDS iamsol1NA GivePLZ TakeNRG iamsol1NA esocMDS
Sweden Zutazuta
Howdah
zuta

Post by Zutazuta »

Either him or Vic. Practically a coin flip
Italy gamevideo113
Howdah
ESO: gamevideo113

Post by gamevideo113 »

Basically Kaiser appreciation thread
[Some people aspire to be pr30+, some people aspire to have fun, and some people aspire to play 3v3 Deccan.] - vividlyplain - 2019 Who (nationality) rape ?
stupid logic. noob players can say op?
toxic, Insult, Racism ?
Australia Kawapasaka
ESOC Pro Team

Post by Kawapasaka »

Musketeer

Post by Podawe »

deleted_user wrote:NA players suffer a find-game debuff because the competitive population on NA servers is low and too varied in skill.

I don't think it's a coincidence that so many of the rising stars are French phenoms and other EU server players who can grind more games against better opponents. This is as true for forging skills as it is in honing the edge.
That's an interesting perspective. I tend to agree with Mitoe about the consistency factor which I think is often underappreciated in all competitive sports. I'd take someone that's consistent rather than someone who has a higher ceiling any day. If you consistently win by a small margin, that's better than some days getting destroyed and some days dominating your opponent, because at the end of the day, being able to consistently pull out wins in all types of situations is what separates great players.
France Rikikipu
Retired Contributor
ESO: p-of

Post by Rikikipu »

Yeah I smurf sometimes on Kaiser's account
United States of America GiBthedurrty
Lancer
Donator 01
Clan: YumiW

Post by GiBthedurrty »

Hpc xD
No Flag Astaroth
Howdah

Post by Astaroth »

GiBthedurrty wrote:Hpc xD
Seen this a few times, I want in on this meme, too. :hmm: can someone clue me in?

Imo Kaiser is just really strong when it comes to great mechanics, good, but not flashy BOs, "meta play", good civ pool. This means he will always drop less games than players that depend more on new builds, counter strats and risky atrempts.

In contrast, quite a few other top players try greedier or new approaches, such as FI, building some fishing boats etc. This can lead to Kaiser losing to prepared strats, but at least on average he will have a better record.

Kaiser imo also plays a bit more aggressively than some other top players, often punishing their greedy builds.
Switzerland sebnan12
Jaeger
ESO: Mongobillione

Post by sebnan12 »

whenever kaiser is dragboxing, its me
"Why are you trying to lecture me on my own language, no wonder you people shit in the open street."- Riotcoke

''man he's slow rolling him more than a fish on a royal flush'' - Garja

NEED MORE XP
France chronique
Advanced Player
ESO: poissondu44

Post by chronique »

I still don't understand how kaiser manage to win the jan vs caba lancer fight game 3, i had bad sleep because of that.

Also, i understand why i am not agree with kaiser timing when we speak strategies, he is always 15 sec faster than the other.
Musketeer

Post by Podawe »

Astaroth wrote:
GiBthedurrty wrote:Hpc xD
Seen this a few times, I want in on this meme, too. :hmm: can someone clue me in?

Imo Kaiser is just really strong when it comes to great mechanics, good, but not flashy BOs, "meta play", good civ pool. This means he will always drop less games than players that depend more on new builds, counter strats and risky atrempts.

In contrast, quite a few other top players try greedier or new approaches, such as FI, building some fishing boats etc. This can lead to Kaiser losing to prepared strats, but at least on average he will have a better record.

Kaiser imo also plays a bit more aggressively than some other top players, often punishing their greedy builds.
I agree with the aggression factor. Although I don't think his play style is necessarily "aggressive" he is really good at timing his pushes and he's rarely indecisive. I see a lot of players get in hot water because they're indecisive with their moves whereas it seems that when Kaiser sees an opening he just attacks and doesn't second guess.
No Flag Macenator
Crossbow
ESO: Maceanator

Post by Macenator »

Yes Kaiser is the best on ESO right now & yes this thread can close so his ego does not grow even further ;)
No Flag Astaroth
Howdah

Post by Astaroth »

Yeah, he has a great timing and also doesn't hesitate to adapt his build into a more aggressive gear when he sees his opponent is being greedy. Other players would often instead react more slowly or go counter greed.

Eg vs I think Lukas Aztec 2 WH build, he saw Lukas making pikes to snipe TPs, so instead of sitting back and massing abus jan as you usually would vs a dangerous early aztec mass, he just went in with 2 galleys and destroyed the fb.

Similar vs Mitoe as Jap. Normally I think you wouldn't want to aggro with jans close to jap base when you go for stagecoach yourself (danger of yumis, trap, clubs etc), but seeing Mitoe going semi FF, he didn't go back himself and siege a few shrines plus ageup, but went right for the throat.
Armenia Sargsyan
Jaeger
Donator 01
ESO: lamergamer
Clan: c0ns

Post by Sargsyan »

he reads the game like a book
krichk wrote:For some reason, you want the world to know that you're brave enough to challenge Challenger_Marco
India Challenger_Marco
ESOC Media Team
ESO: challenger_marco

Post by Challenger_Marco »

Yes
:nwc:
Isle of Man UpMySleeves
Dragoon
GameRanger ID: 7309280

Post by UpMySleeves »

Kaiser passed out reading this, due to lack of bloodflow to his brain, cuz of his massive wang.
Never trust a man in a blue trench coat, never drive a car when you're dead
Australia Hazza54321
Pro Player
Winter Champion 2020 x2Donator 01
ESO: PrinceofBabu

Post by Hazza54321 »

Also his curls are to die for
No Flag deleted_user0
Ninja

Post by deleted_user0 »

Hazza tryharding is still better but that we experience once in 100 years
Brazil Kickass_OP
Lancer
ESO: Kickass

Post by Kickass_OP »

Yes, I think Kaiser is at a very high level, but to stay top 1 he needs to beat the snowww in a smackdown, as inactive as Erik is, he can't beat him, even on the map micro. Not to mention that Hazza is also God level. Not to mention my return to the game.