Is Kaiserklein clearly the best player on ESOC right now?

United States of America n0el
ESOC Business Team
ESO: jezabob
Clan: 팀 하우스

Re: Is Kaiserklein clearly the best player on ESOC right now?

Post by n0el »

deleted_user wrote:NA players suffer a find-game debuff because the competitive population on NA servers is low and too varied in skill.

I don't think it's a coincidence that so many of the rising stars are French phenoms and other EU server players who can grind more games against better opponents. This is as true for forging skills as it is in honing the edge.
not having a top end east Asian community definitely hurts the NA players.
mad cuz bad
India Challenger_Marco
ESOC Media Team
ESO: challenger_marco

Post by Challenger_Marco »

Asian community is dead in aoe3, hence i don't play this game much
:nwc:
United States of America Podawe
Musketeer
ESO: Skeeter666

Post by Podawe »

Challenger_Marco wrote:Asian community is dead in aoe3, hence i don't play this game much
That's true. I wish this game would grab more of the Asian market considering that's where I live currently... Perhaps AOE 4 or AOE3 DE will help with this?
Georgia Qosashvili93
Dragoon
ESO: Qosashvili93

Post by Qosashvili93 »

Maybe after de asia also will be active :hehe:
No Flag RefluxSemantic
Gendarme

Post by RefluxSemantic »

deleted_user wrote:NA players suffer a find-game debuff because the competitive population on NA servers is low and too varied in skill.

I don't think it's a coincidence that so many of the rising stars are French phenoms and other EU server players who can grind more games against better opponents. This is as true for forging skills as it is in honing the edge.
I agree with this. The NA scene seems pretty dead.

I actually think the EU scene has always been bigger. Nationalism is going to play a role in games like this. I know I loved aoe3 for the fact that I could play the Dutch, and I think there are actually quite a lot of Dutch players in the community.
India Challenger_Marco
ESOC Media Team
ESO: challenger_marco

Post by Challenger_Marco »

Podawe wrote:
Challenger_Marco wrote:Asian community is dead in aoe3, hence i don't play this game much
That's true. I wish this game would grab more of the Asian market considering that's where I live currently... Perhaps AOE 4 or AOE3 DE will help with this?
prolly aoe3 de ,but we won't see them coz of the life culture ,just hope alot of koreans or chinese play
:nwc:
United States of America n0el
ESOC Business Team
ESO: jezabob
Clan: 팀 하우스

Post by n0el »

RefluxSemantic wrote:

I actually think the EU scene has always been bigger. Nationalism is going to play a role in games like this. I know I loved aoe3 for the fact that I could play the Dutch, and I think there are actually quite a lot of Dutch players in the community.
There used to be a really big NA/AU/NZ/Japan/Korea community so there were tons of good 1v1s and team games at night NA time.
mad cuz bad
Georgia Qosashvili93
Dragoon

Post by Qosashvili93 »

Haha wtf is that signature :hehe: :hehe: :hehe: :hehe: :hehe:

@Kawapasaka :lol:
Nauru Dolan
Ninja

Post by Dolan »

EU having more competitive players is a thing in many esports, not just in AOE3.

For ex, if you check out pro LoL players and their earnings, USA got less earnings than Denmark and Poland considered together: https://www.esportsearnings.com/games/1 ... /countries
Kinda same for number of esports players. Asia and Europe pretty much dominate.
Australia Kawapasaka
ESOC Pro Team

Post by Kawapasaka »

Qosashvili93 wrote:

he was asking why I lame China so much, and some frustrating games against your China were my main inspiration
to defeat the piece of shit broken civ, you must first become the piece of shit broken civ
Armenia Sargsyan
Jaeger
Donator 01
ESO: lamergamer
Clan: c0ns

Post by Sargsyan »

what is that signature lol @GiBthedurrty
krichk wrote:For some reason, you want the world to know that you're brave enough to challenge Challenger_Marco
Georgia Qosashvili93
Dragoon

Post by Qosashvili93 »

Kawapasaka wrote:
Qosashvili93 wrote:

he was asking why I lame China so much, and some frustrating games against your China were my main inspiration
to defeat the piece of shit broken civ, you must first become the piece of shit broken civ

:lol: :lol: :lol: haha

Thats why Im starting now lame botto
Poland Nemo
Crossbow

Post by Nemo »

But can he do it on a cold rainy night in stoke?
New Zealand zoom
Gendarme
ESO: Funnu

Post by zoom »

Definitely – if we ignore Winter. Most likely if we dont.
Sweden Zutazuta
Howdah
zuta

Post by Zutazuta »

Zutazuta wrote:Either him or Vic. Practically a coin flip
Let’s be real for a minute. Both are EPL champions, but Vic hasn’t dropped a game yet. Kaisers busy dropping games left and right. Another vote for the swe!
European Union aaryngend
Howdah
Clan: N3O

Post by aaryngend »

I will declare this thread as fake news..
everyone with at last 50 IQ knows that Rohbrot is currently the best player :kinggreen:
Canada Cocaine
Lancer
ESO: Cow God

Post by Cocaine »

Bro the day Kaiserbitch beats me in a RISK match is the day I will say hes the best. Right now hes another scrub nub playing 1v1 like a noob.
A little Cocaine never hurt nobody!

Netherlands Goodspeed
Retired Contributor

Post by Goodspeed »

RefluxSemantic wrote:

Then again, the game theme is "the new world". There are native Americans and the maps are on the NA continent.

I think bigger factors are that there are just more Europeans than North Americans (twice as many?), and that Europeans are more into RTS (SC2 NA server is known as the "easy" one). Maybe more into (video) games in general. In a tiny community like AoE3's those differences are amplified.
Canada Mitoe
Advanced Theory Craftsman
ESO: Mitoe
GameRanger ID: 346407

Post by Mitoe »

Goodspeed wrote:
RefluxSemantic wrote:

Then again, the game theme is "the new world". There are native Americans and the maps are on the NA continent.

I think bigger factors are that there are just more Europeans than North Americans (twice as many?), and that Europeans are more into RTS (SC2 NA server is known as the "easy" one). Maybe more into (video) games in general. In a tiny community like AoE3's those differences are amplified.
The NA server is known as the easy one in every single game, not just RTS.
France Le Hussard sur le toit
Howdah
ESO: LeHussardsurletoit

Post by Le Hussard sur le toit »

Mitoe wrote:
Goodspeed wrote:
Show hidden quotes

It's the hardcore server on a few games actually.
Like "avoiding mass killings", "paying for higher education" and "surviving coronavirus".
ESOC : came for the game, stayed for the drama.
No Flag deleted_user
Ninja

Post by deleted_user »

Um... except for... er, call of duty.. heh heh

the best esport
France Kaiserklein
Pro Player
GameRanger ID: 5529322

Post by Kaiserklein »

Cocaine wrote:Bro the day Kaiserbitch beats me in a RISK match is the day I will say hes the best. Right now hes another scrub nub playing 1v1 like a noob.
Could be a funny joke if only you didn't cheat in basically all possible ways, including cheat Risk versions lol
LoOk_tOm wrote:I have something in particular against Kaisar (GERMANY NOOB mercenary LAMME FOREVER) And the other people (noobs) like suck kaiser ... just this ..
No Flag RefluxSemantic
Gendarme

Post by RefluxSemantic »

Mitoe wrote:
Goodspeed wrote:
Show hidden quotes

New theory: The NA server sucks because Muricans are so busy being slaves of the big corporations that there is no time to have hobbies.
Nauru Dolan
Ninja

Post by Dolan »

I think there are lots of factors involved in why NA players don't perform very well in esports.

I don't think it's the population argument, because South Korea doesn't have a bigger population than the USA, but they score way better than NA players in esports.

It's more likely that the USA has worse internet infrastructure, because the country is very large and there's a huge distance between cities, so the cost of cabling is much higher compared to South Korea or Europe, where cities are much closer. So they probably have higher pings than SK and Euro players overall.

Also, in the USA there is a bigger focus on entertainment and drama, than on actual performance. So their top players focus on streaming and making money off of it, putting on a show, rather than being part of a highly competitive scene.

Then there might be other factors, like maybe in the USA being seen as an "esports pro" is not so socially impressive as being an actual sports pro. They tend to see gamers as nerds and that's not so glorified in the USA as much as "American football" celebs and basketball players.

There might be some other factors that make EU and SK players have a different mentality and train harder to be successful, while NA players focus more on the showmanship stuff and monetising.
United States of America GiBthedurrty
Lancer
Donator 01
Clan: YumiW

Post by GiBthedurrty »

cCc