Somppu apology/leaving scene

Nauru Dolan
Ninja

Re: Somppu apology thread

Post by Dolan »

Well, you know, sometimes it's great to put things in perspective. And the perspective is that there are like, what, 15-20 players left? And it's a patch made by one guy. And admin decisions are made by, like, how many people? 1-2-3?

Like seriously, this is some big league we're talking about here. And one player throwing a tantrum really puts into question their "role model" status among the other 14 players left.

Yeah, maybe this wouldn't make a good feature film, but there could be enough material for a short film.
New Zealand zoom
Gendarme
ESO: Funnu

Post by zoom »

At this point it's undeniable that Cuckoo's behavior is disrespectful. However, if he did indeed have a reasonably timely change of heart, wouldn't it be in ESOC's firm interest to commute his penalty to a warning? I just struggle to see how there are any non-moral benefits to this outcome. It's entirely possible that I'm missing something, though.
Armenia Sargsyan
Jaeger
Donator 01
ESO: lamergamer
Clan: c0ns

Post by Sargsyan »

Dolan wrote:Well, you know, sometimes it's great to put things in perspective. And the perspective is that there are like, what, 15-20 players left? And it's a patch made by one guy. And admin decisions are made by, what, how many people? 1-2-3?

Like seriously, this is some big league we're talking about here. And one player throwing a tantrum really puts into question their "role model" status among the other 14 players.
there are new top players and the tournaments are getting bigger
krichk wrote:For some reason, you want the world to know that you're brave enough to challenge Challenger_Marco
United States of America bittersalt123
Howdah

Post by bittersalt123 »

This situation is very simple. Neither side is in the right here so figure it out XD
"It makes a lot of sense to me that you're a Floridian." fightinfrenchman

Who needs water when you've got Brawndo – The Thirst Mutilator?

Secretary of State: But Brawndo's got what plants crave. It's got electrolytes
Holy See Imperial Noob
Lancer

Post by Imperial Noob »

I think the banning of Somppu and weakening of SKG to the point of breaking the league design (by making people play opponents way higher than them) crippled the EPL2 more than if he continued to play

gj masterminds
Czech Republic EAGLEMUT
ESOC Dev Team
Donator 05
ESO: EAGLEMUT
Clan: WPact

Post by EAGLEMUT »

somppukunkku wrote:I'm not extremely motivated to work it out with especially bramboy, disrespecting me for years and recently spreading misinformation, private conversations and not answering any follow up questions. Simply ignoring and talking about other topics.

All he had to say was "Pathetic"

It's not very efficient to work it out.
You claim bramboy is spreading misinformation after you've twisted his words in this very thread by editing the OP once he responded? Are you fucking serious?! This is truly pathetic now, if it wasn't before already.
Great Britain I_HaRRiiSoN_I
Retired Contributor

Post by I_HaRRiiSoN_I »

zoom wrote:At this point it's undeniable that Cuckoo's behavior is disrespectful. However, if he did indeed have a reasonably timely change of heart, wouldn't it be in ESOC's firm interest to commute his penalty to a warning? I just struggle to see how there are any non-moral benefits to this outcome. It's entirely possible that I'm missing something, though.
Zoom stay out of this one, go back to masterminding the next EP patch release!
No Flag deleted_user0
Ninja

Post by deleted_user0 »

EAGLEMUT wrote:
somppukunkku wrote:I'm not extremely motivated to work it out with especially bramboy, disrespecting me for years and recently spreading misinformation, private conversations and not answering any follow up questions. Simply ignoring and talking about other topics.

You claim bramboy is spreading misinformation after you've twisted his words in this very thread by editing the OP once he responded? Are you fucking serious?! This is truly pathetic now, if it wasn't before already.
Bramboy's response had nothing to do with it... A misunderstanding. It was 100% unintentional.
I wanted to delete the thread for GUA's thread but couldn't because of replies so I copied the message from GUA's topic.
I admitted that ASAP somebody thought Bramboy's response was judged because of that.
Holy See Imperial Noob
Lancer

Post by Imperial Noob »

I_HaRRiiSoN_I wrote:
zoom wrote:At this point it's undeniable that Cuckoo's behavior is disrespectful. However, if he did indeed have a reasonably timely change of heart, wouldn't it be in ESOC's firm interest to commute his penalty to a warning? I just struggle to see how there are any non-moral benefits to this outcome. It's entirely possible that I'm missing something, though.
Don't bully. Zoom is more right here than in EP.
Latvia harcha
Gendarme
ESO: hatamoto_samurai

Post by harcha »

Wait, which account is cuckoo
POC wrote:Also I most likely know a whole lot more than you.
POC wrote:Also as an objective third party, and near 100% accuracy of giving correct information, I would say my opinions are more reliable than yours.
Kiribati princeofcarthage
Retired Contributor

Post by princeofcarthage »

This is 2nd time he has thrown tantrums in 2 weeks, ESOC even got bullied into allowing him to play against much lower opponent. Moderation would be a joke if entire decision were to be reversed at this point though 6 months ban could be commuted I guess.

I also think there needs to be some standardized procedure for players quiting/dq. Like resignation should explicitly be accepted by PM's and not by forum or discord posts. Upon initial resignation/PM, player should be made aware of consequences of actions and 24 hrs should be given for change of mind before locking it in stone. I think.
Fine line to something great is a strange change.
New Zealand zoom
Gendarme

Post by zoom »

EAGLEMUT wrote:

Agreed – Bramboy only spreads misinformation about EP, and only outside of ESOC. For shame!
New Zealand zoom
Gendarme

Post by zoom »

I_HaRRiiSoN_I wrote:
I'm trying; I'm just really bad! : (
No Flag deleted_user0
Ninja

Post by deleted_user0 »

Cometk wrote:I guess I'll start off by saying that I have been planning the EPL2 for months in advance, since the conclusion of the successful first iteration. The original EPL1 was in production for almost a year and a half before it could be fully realized. This is to give a sense of how much effort has gone into making the event a success and enjoyable for everyone to participate in, and to show that I am first and foremost concerned with the health of the league and continuing it on as a tradition throughout ESOC's future.

Next, forfeiting your team simply because they are underperforming and no longer in Playoffs contention compromises the entire concept of the league and has disastrous impacts on the event's continued success. Now, I understand there are a lot of corroborating factors that added to your frustration when you made your decision to quit. But this is not the first time you've threatened forfeiture.

Attempting to use one's own forfeiture as a means of leverage against admins is already worthy of a disqualification. Obviously in the EPL event, admins have a vested interest in making things work out, because one player's forfeiture doesn't simply affect himself, it affects the entire team. That's why we aren't quick to take after-series emo posts, channel/server-leaving, and general "I'm out" threats with much weight, at least in the wake of a disappointing match result. We are and have and will continue to do our best to keep things together, not JUST for the sake of the league, but for the personal sake of the players who would be negatively affected by such a decision... I'm a firm believer that the SKG season isn't completely sunk just because the team is currently behind in the standings. While playoffs viability is agreeably farfetched, there is absolutely a chance at vying for 4th place earnings, and even if there were not, there is value in trying your hardest in spite of that. That's what the rules stipulate is expected of a player in the league, and that's the obligation you make to your teammates and, better, yourself when you sign up to participate in the event.

Let me say that the 6 month tourban & banning from next iteration was by my personal recommendation. This is the precedent I wanted to set for destroying the integrity of the league, and it will continue to be used for players who seem to think it's okay to drop out of the league midseason because they don't see any hope for a big performance anymore, thereby fucking over their manager, their teammates, organizers, and everyone else in the league. I can understand not wanting to invest hours of practice into the rest of the event after the team's playoffs potential is no longer there; that makes total sense to me. The least you can do then is schedule your next matches, show up and try your hardest for 2 hours. That's what's expected of a player when they sign up, and that should have been exceedingly clear from the very beginning.

It was just last week, after your match with Osmane you came to admins and said you were forfeiting the league. At that time, you were comfortable receiving the ban from the next iteration of EPL, which goes to show that it was not enough of a deterrent for you to take the integrity of the league seriously. This week, through all the shit, you continue to disrespect the integrity of the event and so it's hard to see there being another option.

I'll only speak for myself here; can you understand why my faith in you has been eroded to dust?
Let's clear some things.
1) I did not threaten forfeiture. I did not say "Give me win or I forfeit". I was very disappointed by the decision but that was not at all the case. I was not using my forfeit as leverage, at all. That is a lie. Also last time I did not use forfeiture as blackmail. I did simply not.
2) I won yesterdays series. Even though I was being BM'd, provoked, I fixed myself together, and I counter-sweeped him.
3) I'm ready to change my behaviour and promised to continue even if the ban continued after it. And to try 100%. I think community believes in that. I think Prince believes me if I promise him to play it serious without troubles.

I'm trying to save the sunken ship but you haven't answered to any of my discord messages.
I do think I deserve one more chance. From (most of) feedback I think community thinks so too. If I'm given it, I will deliver. I promise that. But sadly, you don't seem to give me this chance.

I changed my mind during 12 hours, over night. I was not given chance to even think it properly overnight.
No Flag deleted_user0
Ninja

Post by deleted_user0 »

princeofcarthage wrote:
This is 2nd time he has thrown tantrums in 2 weeks, ESOC even got bullied into allowing him to play against much lower opponent. Moderation would be a joke if entire decision were to be reversed at this point though 6 months ban could be commuted I guess.

I also think there needs to be some standardized procedure for players quiting/dq. Like resignation should explicitly be accepted by PM's and not by forum or discord posts. Upon initial resignation/PM, player should be made aware of consequences of actions and 24 hrs should be given for change of mind before locking it in stone. I think.
ESOC allowed? What a fuck areyou talking about? Managers make the matchups.
European Union KoenigRother
Skirmisher
ESO: Darky_soocer

Post by KoenigRother »

hm
notoric treehugger
Switzerland sebnan12
Jaeger
ESO: Mongobillione

Post by sebnan12 »

fuk esoc
"Why are you trying to lecture me on my own language, no wonder you people shit in the open street."- Riotcoke

''man he's slow rolling him more than a fish on a royal flush'' - Garja

NEED MORE XP
United States of America bittersalt123
Howdah

Post by bittersalt123 »

I think Somppu is legitimately getting bullied unfortunately.
"It makes a lot of sense to me that you're a Floridian." fightinfrenchman

Who needs water when you've got Brawndo – The Thirst Mutilator?

Secretary of State: But Brawndo's got what plants crave. It's got electrolytes
Switzerland sebnan12
Jaeger
ESO: Mongobillione

Post by sebnan12 »

just allow me to fuking play
"Why are you trying to lecture me on my own language, no wonder you people shit in the open street."- Riotcoke

''man he's slow rolling him more than a fish on a royal flush'' - Garja

NEED MORE XP
United States of America GiBthedurrty
Lancer
Donator 01
Clan: YumiW

Post by GiBthedurrty »

Hello, I am here everything will be okay. :)
No Flag deleted_user0
Ninja

Post by deleted_user0 »

EAGLEMUT wrote:

But it actually sounds cute that you think I'm going to organize such a "trap" only for Bramboy and not get caught :mrgreen:
Make an evil post, wait patiently hour until Bramboy says "Pathetic", then change it to other text! Pure evil ;)
Switzerland bobabu
Howdah

Post by bobabu »

I don't understand why forfeiture even leads to a ban in the first place. Esoc shouldn't even be involved here then there would be no drama. Honestly, who should be punishing them is their team for not showing sportsmanship towards them. And their team should make the decision if they wanna pick them into their team the next time. If the team is, however, indifferent with the forfeiture there should be no consequence. As for the tournaments I would like to see a small entry fee in the future. Not in order to make the prize pool bigger but to change the psychological aspect of participating in tournaments.
No Flag deleted_user0
Ninja

Post by deleted_user0 »

All Somali wants to do is say sorry to @princeofkabul my manager who had hard times and most EPL players, with a few exeptions.

Somali really wants to change, finish league fairly milk soldier and castete 5-0. I think you guys believe me, now should help to negotiate cometk to let somali back inside.
Somali is sorry but all they say about somali is not true either :(

Cometk does not respond to somali's friendly messages :(
Somali had a hard day yesterday :(
Latvia harcha
Gendarme
ESO: hatamoto_samurai

Post by harcha »

bobabu wrote:I don't understand why forfeiture even leads to a ban in the first place. Esoc shouldn't even be involved here then there would be no drama. Honestly, who should be punishing them is their team for not showing sportsmanship towards them. And their team should make the decision if they wanna pick them into their team the next time. If the team is, however, indifferent with the forfeiture there should be no consequence. As for the tournaments I would like to see a small entry fee in the future. Not in order to make the prize pool bigger but to change the psychological aspect of participating in tournaments.
i agree with this sentiment.

however i also realize that the admins feel the responsibility to take action as it is up to them to make sure rules are upheld as there is some money involved in the tournament.
and then there is the fact that immense amount of work has been put into these events by the organisers and it must be very hard to not take somppus repetitive negative comments personally at one time or another (even if/when they are not directly related to EPL)
POC wrote:Also I most likely know a whole lot more than you.
POC wrote:Also as an objective third party, and near 100% accuracy of giving correct information, I would say my opinions are more reliable than yours.
New Zealand zoom
Gendarme

Post by zoom »

Imperial Noob wrote:
I_HaRRiiSoN_I wrote:
Don't bully. Zoom is more right here than in EP.
Patch development isn't a matter of right or wrong; it's about collecting and understanding information, and understanding what changes to make to achieve a certain effect, given the available information. The idea of the process that you present – whether or not it's yours – demonstrates the tendency of individuals to conflate fact with (their) opinion. This is especially problematic when there are many conflicting opinions and none of them are precise, which is the case with something as complex and relative as AoE3 balance. You're entirely entitled to your opinion, whatever it is, and regardless I will continue extensively gathering feedback to ensure that balance, popularity and viability (of core game-features) continues to improve, in the overall view of the patch's player-base.

That's all the off-topic you'll get from me, ITT, though.