Somppu apology/leaving scene

France [Armag] diarouga
Ninja
NWC LAN Gold
ESO: diarouga

Re: Somppu apology/leaving scene

Post by [Armag] diarouga »

You did rage out of tourney in the past though. If you got a 6month ban from tournaments, I'm quite sure that the people who are defending somppu here would have defended you as well.
No Flag RefluxSemantic
Gendarme

Post by RefluxSemantic »

I think right now it's more about the principle. The circumstances we are in can and will lead to these scenarios. To solve these conflicts (or really any conflict), we need to be understanding of what it going on. It's simply a real possibility that these things happen and I don't think I agree with the current staff attitude/policy with regards to this, nor do I agree that more severe punishments would solve these problems.
France Kaiserklein
Pro Player
GameRanger ID: 5529322

Post by Kaiserklein »

[Armag] diarouga wrote:You did rage out of tourney in the past though. If you got a 6month ban from tournaments, I'm quite sure that the people who are defending somppu here would have defended you as well.
Ofc I did rage out, that's my point lol. I threw a tantrum and people didn't say "ogm poor kaiser is burnt out". No, I was just called a cunt cause that's how I acted then. It has nothing to do with being under so much pressure because of tournament or whatever bullshit. That's really weak excuses honestly, and I'm sure somppu himself wouldn't use these excuses, it's just you guys tripping.

And for the record, the context was different. Somppu had been crying 24/7 in every discord or twitch chat about EP (like you btw, honestly a real fucking pain in the ass to open any aoe3 chat and see the same people always complaining about the same stuff). He flamed his opponent several times, and some other people for the rest of the evening, and apologized only the day after. And then his apology barely feels like an apology (note how there isn't even 1 full line about being sorry in the OP, and the rest of the text is basically just him complaining / explaining). On top of that, it's a team event so he screws everyone.

I believe it's a mix of all these that pushed the admins to ban somppu for 6 months (even though 6 months was ofc too harsh). Just saying.
LoOk_tOm wrote:I have something in particular against Kaisar (GERMANY NOOB mercenary LAMME FOREVER) And the other people (noobs) like suck kaiser ... just this ..
France Kaiserklein
Pro Player

Post by Kaiserklein »

And I'll add that if you can't handle the pressure of tournaments in a 10 year old game, don't fucking sign up. If you do sign up, then it's your responsibility, and you can't excuse your behaviour with "stress" or "pressure" or whatever bullshit
LoOk_tOm wrote:I have something in particular against Kaisar (GERMANY NOOB mercenary LAMME FOREVER) And the other people (noobs) like suck kaiser ... just this ..
Australia Hazza54321
Pro Player
Winter Champion 2020 x2Donator 01
ESO: PrinceofBabu

Post by Hazza54321 »

you are a cunt though. With some hypnotising curls.
Finland princeofkabul
Pro Player
NWC LAN Top 8EPL Reigning Champs
ESO: Princeofkabul

Post by princeofkabul »

iNcog wrote:
princeofkabul wrote:Not going to go into politics here about this subject. I just dislike the generalization that white's are priviledged.
they are though lol.

however I do agree that being priviledged doesnt mean you cant suffer in life. I have an old white dude as a friend who has seen a lot.

it's a nuanced discussion to have and to be fair I dont have it in me to discuss as detailed as I would like either. so I will just leave it at that
Fair enough. Don't have the energy to go in to this topic either. Especially here.
Chairman of Washed Up clan
Leader of the Shady Swedes
Team Manager of the Blockhouse Boomers
France Kaiserklein
Pro Player

Post by Kaiserklein »

Hazza54321 wrote:you are a cunt though. With some hypnotising curls.
I know you love curly-haired cunts
France chronique
Advanced Player
ESO: poissondu44

Post by chronique »

Kaiserklein wrote:And I'll add that if you can't handle the pressure of tournaments in a 10 year old game, don't fucking sign up.
Ahah tbh its not so ez to refuse. I mean, some peaple asked me to participate and I almost accepted, and sompu is a more notorious than me (how many peaple want watch sompu? a lot i guess). Sometime you want make other peaple happy and missjuge your own feeling.

But ofc its not excuse, its just an explaination, we are social animals, we are influenced by other peaple!
Tuvalu gibson
Ninja
ECL Reigning Champs

Post by gibson »

Kaiserklein wrote:And I'll add that if you can't handle the pressure of tournaments in a 10 year old game, don't fucking sign up. If you do sign up, then it's your responsibility, and you can't excuse your behaviour with "stress" or "pressure" or whatever bullshit
Yea seriously. Why the fuck would you sign up if you know it’s gonna be super stressful?
No Flag RefluxSemantic
Gendarme

Post by RefluxSemantic »

Because you expect to be able to handle the stress. The stressful part is also what makes tournaments fun; high stakes scenarios where you can try your very best. Sometimes circumstances in life change during the tournament which causes you to not be able to handle the stress. Think of suddenly struggling with school, increased stress at work, stress due to some sort of lockdown because of a virus, a break up or new relationship, parents getting divorced et cetera. I think it's a bit shortsighted to just say "if you can't handle it, don't sign up".
Latvia harcha
Gendarme
ESO: hatamoto_samurai

Post by harcha »

gibson wrote:
Kaiserklein wrote:And I'll add that if you can't handle the pressure of tournaments in a 10 year old game, don't fucking sign up. If you do sign up, then it's your responsibility, and you can't excuse your behaviour with "stress" or "pressure" or whatever bullshit
Yea seriously. Why the fuck would you sign up if you know it’s gonna be super stressful?
weird thing for you to say
POC wrote:Also I most likely know a whole lot more than you.
POC wrote:Also as an objective third party, and near 100% accuracy of giving correct information, I would say my opinions are more reliable than yours.
India Ashvin
Retired Contributor
ESO: Octanium

Post by Ashvin »

RefluxSemantic wrote:I think it's a bit shortsighted to just say "if you can't handle it, don't sign up".
So you wanna take the stake and fight your weakness but can't accept if things go south? I'd say if you do go in, whatever the results are you suck it up and don't be a crybaby about it.
Nauru Dolan
Ninja

Post by Dolan »

stares in borland pascal.gif
Netherlands Goodspeed
Retired Contributor

Post by Goodspeed »

RefluxSemantic wrote:Because you expect to be able to handle the stress. The stressful part is also what makes tournaments fun; high stakes scenarios where you can try your very best. Sometimes circumstances in life change during the tournament which causes you to not be able to handle the stress. Think of suddenly struggling with school, increased stress at work, stress due to some sort of lockdown because of a virus, a break up or new relationship, parents getting divorced et cetera. I think it's a bit shortsighted to just say "if you can't handle it, don't sign up".
I don't understand this comparison. It seems insensitive to people who have gone through actual burnouts, hard break ups etc. Comparing that to playing AoE3 tournaments just sounds ridiculous to me.
Oh I know I'm "dismissing all those poor AoE3 players' feelings". Woe is them. Give me a break lol.
Norway oxaloacetate
Dragoon

Post by oxaloacetate »

Goodspeed wrote:
RefluxSemantic wrote:Because you expect to be able to handle the stress. The stressful part is also what makes tournaments fun; high stakes scenarios where you can try your very best. Sometimes circumstances in life change during the tournament which causes you to not be able to handle the stress. Think of suddenly struggling with school, increased stress at work, stress due to some sort of lockdown because of a virus, a break up or new relationship, parents getting divorced et cetera. I think it's a bit shortsighted to just say "if you can't handle it, don't sign up".
I don't understand this comparison. It seems insensitive to people who have gone through actual burnouts, hard break ups etc. Comparing that to playing AoE3 tournaments just sounds ridiculous to me.
Oh I know I'm "dismissing all those poor AoE3 players' feelings". Woe is them. Give me a break lol.
He was not comparing anything, merely stating the fact that certain events (e.g. ye abovementioned) may cause your ability to handle stress to be reduced.
We watched the tragedy unfold
We did as we were told
We bought and sold
It was the greatest show on earth
Italy Garja
Retired Contributor
Donator 02
ESO: Garja

Post by Garja »

More like someone can't handle quarantine and quitting smoking
Image Image Image
Netherlands Goodspeed
Retired Contributor

Post by Goodspeed »

oxaloacetate wrote:
Goodspeed wrote:
He was not comparing anything, merely stating the fact that certain events (e.g. ye abovementioned) may cause your ability to handle stress to be reduced.
True I misread. Nvm @RefluxSemantic
No Flag Astaroth
Howdah

Post by Astaroth »

Not really completely on topic, but I've gone through all kinds of things, massive exams, bad break ups, family member deaths, and despite that normal Aoe3 QS games stress me to the point that I'm not really having fun, thus quitting again. I can only imagine what playing tournaments must be like...

Obviously RL problems can be worse, but I can completely relate to ppl getting stressed by aoe3. Much more healthy to just watch tbh.
India Ashvin
Retired Contributor
ESO: Octanium

Post by Ashvin »

it all depends on what you care about most. You care about winning in aoe3 and that how much you care is proportional to the stress you endure. It is fine to be stressed about it. what is not fine, however, is knowing you will be stressed and still doing the same thing and then complaining about it.
United States of America bittersalt123
Howdah

Post by bittersalt123 »

Garja wrote:More like someone can't handle quarantine and quitting smoking
"It makes a lot of sense to me that you're a Floridian." fightinfrenchman

Who needs water when you've got Brawndo – The Thirst Mutilator?

Secretary of State: But Brawndo's got what plants crave. It's got electrolytes