Somp another chance?

Give somp another chance if he agrees to the punishment?

Yes
72%
No
28%

Total votes: 103

United States of America giveuanxiety
Advanced Player
Donator 02
ESO: GiveUAnxiety

Somp another chance?

Post by giveuanxiety »

Do ppl think somp should get another chance. Somp made mistakes and acted in the heat of the moment making impulse decisions. It was not premeditated, it was in the heat of the moment. Somp was able to step away from the computer and cool off and come back with a fresh mind. After cooling off somp wants to continue to play in the rest of the EPL. Should we give him another chance, its a difficult call tbh. However I think I lean towards giving him another chance, as the community and viewers would still like to see him play throughout the rest of the EPL, and at this moment he has not affected the EPL standings in any way. I believe he should be given a punishment but still be allowed to play in the EPL. I suggest the punishment is that he has to do 8 hours of esoc community service. This requires him to stream for 8 hours (at one time or split up), during those 8 hours any and all donations he receives will go towards ESOC tournament funds.
Lasol wrote: :hmm: just Saw a YouTube video with giveyouanexiaty. He Said check youre stove, if you Want to improve youre aoe3 skills.

WHAT does check your stove means? And how do you do it?
Finland princeofkabul
Pro Player
NWC LAN Top 8EPL Reigning Champs
ESO: Princeofkabul

Re: Somp another chance?

Post by princeofkabul »

#freesomali
Chairman of Washed Up clan
Leader of the Shady Swedes
Team Manager of the Blockhouse Boomers
Armenia Sargsyan
Jaeger
Donator 01
ESO: lamergamer
Clan: c0ns

Post by Sargsyan »

#freesomali
krichk wrote:For some reason, you want the world to know that you're brave enough to challenge Challenger_Marco
Germany japanesegeneral
Lancer
ESO: JapaneseGeneral

Post by japanesegeneral »

Freeing somli would mean JackGaming would not get drafted. That is why i can not support the movement.
6 petards a day keep the doctor away.
No Flag deleted_user0
Ninja

Post by deleted_user0 »

Serious Somali statement:

Let me firstly explain the games from my perspective: I reserved all Saturday to play Forjustice.
30-minutes the series we had to reschedule. The time was really late on Sunday due to other series but I did not want to postpone later due to preparation. The series started late, partly due to Optimus__Prime time wasting versus Osmane.
We played in a terrible lag, maximizing my tilt factor. In game 2 game was over for a long time. In this lag I got extremely frustrated him not resigning and quit the game. Forjustice also did a very late resign in game3.

However, I got my shit together and won the last 3 games. Later in the evening, admins announced the win to Forjustice. This decision made me furious. The only rational decision to me would not give the win to either player. Therefore, tired 4am in the morning I decided to forfeit from EPL.

Now, after rest and cooling down I would like to continue EPL. Instead I'm being banned for 6 months and EPL3 after that. That means I'm missing most of the events for next year. To comparison, hazza was not banned from anything else except EPL3.

CMC and NWC are going to benefit from the situation enormously, SKG line-up being significantly worse. Prince has been spreading rumours that Jackgaming is being inserted to the roster.
I do apology for my impulsive forfeit but I find consequences way too serious considering how much I was provoked.
No Flag deleted_user0
Ninja

Post by deleted_user0 »

Note: I was also blamed for being disrespectful towards Forjustice. Some nasty comments were made to SKG PRIVATE channel.
Now this is used as an argument from Bramboy.
France iNcog
Ninja

Post by iNcog »

It is 100% up to the admins running this thing. it is their complete prerogative to do what they see as fit and fair

I am sympathetic to somppu however and would personally like to see the admin decision reversed.

but again, it is up to the admins and whatever they decide must be respected. clemency would be nice here but I dont believe it should be a given
YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/incog_aoe
Garja wrote:
20 Mar 2020, 21:46
I just hope DE is not going to implement all of the EP changes. Right now it is a big clusterfuck.
Sweden Zutazuta
Howdah
zuta

Post by Zutazuta »

Ban
United States of America n0el
ESOC Business Team
ESO: jezabob
Clan: 팀 하우스

Post by n0el »

iNcog wrote:It is 100% up to the admins running this thing. it is their complete prerogative to do what they see as fit and fair

I am sympathetic to somppu however and would personally like to see the admin decision reversed.

but again, it is up to the admins and whatever they decide must be respected. clemency would be nice here but I dont believe it should be a given
i agree, im sure i might feel different in their position but i can definitely see how this escalated. id probably suggest a trigger on the reinstatement, if anything bad comes in the future, ban for life.
mad cuz bad
Finland princeofkabul
Pro Player
NWC LAN Top 8EPL Reigning Champs
ESO: Princeofkabul

Post by princeofkabul »

mind your tongue or victor swe wont get his chance to shine you fake swede..
Chairman of Washed Up clan
Leader of the Shady Swedes
Team Manager of the Blockhouse Boomers
Germany aligator92
Howdah
ESO: aligator92

Post by aligator92 »

I didn't actually see what happened, but if what somppu writes is true (he didn't insult Forjustice, he quit one game and not the entire series) and he wants to reverse his decision to quit (which is what he is banned for, as far as i understand) then I think, he should be given the chance to do so. It would be much better for EPL (unless you remove the entire team) if he can keep playing. And his actions so far have had no impact on the EPL standings.

EDIT: There still need to be some consequences (as we cannot have people quitting and then going back on it all the time), so I think the community service GUA proposed looks good and possibly ban him from next EPL like Hazza.
Austria knusch
Pro Player
EWTDonator 01

Post by knusch »

somppukunkku wrote:Serious Somali statement:

Let me firstly explain the games from my perspective: I reserved all Saturday to play Forjustice.
30-minutes the series we had to reschedule. The time was really late on Sunday due to other series but I did not want to postpone later due to preparation. The series started late, partly due to Optimus__Prime time wasting versus Osmane.
We played in a terrible lag, maximizing my tilt factor. In game 2 game was over for a long time. In this lag I got extremely frustrated him not resigning and quit the game. Forjustice also did a very late resign in game3.

However, I got my shit together and won the last 3 games. Later in the evening, admins announced the win to Forjustice. This decision made me furious. The only rational decision to me would not give the win to either player. Therefore, tired 4am in the morning I decided to forfeit from EPL.

Now, after rest and cooling down I would like to continue EPL. Instead I'm being banned for 6 months and EPL3 after that. That means I'm missing most of the events for next year. To comparison, hazza was not banned from anything else except EPL3.

CMC and NWC are going to benefit from the situation enormously, SKG line-up being significantly worse. Prince has been spreading rumours that Jackgaming is being inserted to the roster.
I do apology for my impulsive forfeit but I find consequences way too serious considering how much I was provoked.
i think sompu has a point, that there is a double standard. therefore i'd like to propose to ban hazza for 6 months aswell
India Challenger_Marco
ESOC Media Team
ESO: challenger_marco

Post by Challenger_Marco »

#freesomali #ban turkjustice
:nwc:
No Flag Djigit
Howdah

Post by Djigit »

Ban him so he can play CS with the clique
#banthesomp
No Flag deleted_user0
Ninja

Post by deleted_user0 »

Basically my ban is almost 1 year. I will be late for spring tourney, then comes EPL3.
That's same as kynesie+tit trying to scam hotels and flights.
France iNcog
Ninja

Post by iNcog »

n0el wrote:
iNcog wrote:It is 100% up to the admins running this thing. it is their complete prerogative to do what they see as fit and fair

i agree, im sure i might feel different in their position but i can definitely see how this escalated. id probably suggest a trigger on the reinstatement, if anything bad comes in the future, ban for life.
ban for life is too harsh given how gray things can be but I agree on a trigger of sorts
Garja wrote:
I just hope DE is not going to implement all of the EP changes. Right now it is a big clusterfuck.
France [Armag] diarouga
Ninja
NWC LAN Gold
ESO: diarouga

Post by [Armag] diarouga »

I agree that there's a double standard. I'd give somppu the same sentence hazza got, because it's really the same behaviour.

Honestly, hazza's sentence was too light (because getting banned from just a fun event doesn't really matter), but banning somppu from all tourneys when he did the same thing as hazza is unfair.
France iNcog
Ninja

Post by iNcog »

In the end, admins reserve the right to carry things out however they see fit. I will trust admin staff and continue to believe in their ability to run events well (empire cup was awesome thanks to them) regardless of the outcome of things.
Garja wrote:
France [Armag] diarouga
Ninja
NWC LAN Gold
ESO: diarouga

Post by [Armag] diarouga »

iNcog wrote:In the end, admins reserve the right to carry things out however they see fit. I will trust admin staff and continue to believe in their ability to run events well (empire cup was awesome thanks to them) regardless of the outcome of things.
They do a great job at hosting tournaments for sure, but double standard decisions suck.
Norway aqwer
Dragoon

Post by aqwer »

Putting aside the whining and insult from somppu, i think he should not be banned from any event whatsoever. He played to his capacity but didn't give in. A bit salty yes but not a pussy like tls or someone else. He kept playing regardless that his record in epl is terrible. And i appreciate him for that, it takes a lot of guts to stand the ridicule of others. At max he should be banned from forums and/or twitch so that we may have some peace, but other than that its alright.

Same with hazza, he attempted to do something new, it could have but didn't unfortunately. But i dont think it should be termed as trolling, he was trying something new. Success or failure is another matter. Banning him from future events is also not good imo.

Just my thoughts
#trainableSpahi
Poland Nemo
Crossbow

Post by Nemo »

My proposition of punishment is to make somppu leader of EP development team for 8 months
Georgia Qosashvili93
Dragoon
ESO: Qosashvili93

Post by Qosashvili93 »

Ofc yes
Netherlands edeholland
ESOC Community Team
Donator 01
ESO: edeholland
GameRanger ID: 4053888
Clan: ESOC

Post by edeholland »

If he has to do community service, he should do something that is not fun like streaming. For example, host a tournament. Or sort through 100 cheating accusations threads to analyse evidence and find people to blacklist.
No Flag gerokatseros
Crossbow
Donator 01

Post by gerokatseros »

Punishment is big for what he did. But there has to be some punishment. He was not only disrespectful against his oppoment but mostly against the Admins and the rules of this tournament. But not ban him for a year.
Germany Makrokosmos12
Skirmisher
ESO: Templer12

Post by Makrokosmos12 »

How can you ban sompu for all events for 6 monts for this little slipup. Are you serious? Its not like he did it to abuse anything or interpreted the rules to his favour.The moment sompu quit the game was 99 % over.

Its not like he dropped soemone or used cheats. I really hope you reconsider this since ithink sompu is a valued community member which has shown good sportsmanship in the past.

You should give him a warning and leave it at that. If this happens again THEN handout a punishment. You act like fucking blizzard which banned blitzchung for a year and denied him all prize money for him standing for the freedom of hongkong. If this ban remains i seriously would like punch the dumb faces of the decision makers for that. Nobody here wants this! So stop being ignorant pussys.

:bigs: :cmc: :mds: :nwc: :nxn: :skg: