Somp another chance?

Give somp another chance if he agrees to the punishment?

Yes
72%
No
28%

Total votes: 103

India Challenger_Marco
ESOC Media Team
ESO: challenger_marco

Re: Somp another chance?

Post by Challenger_Marco »

edeholland wrote:If he has to do community service, he should do something that is not fun like streaming. For example, host a tournament. Or sort through 100 cheating accusations threads to analyse evidence and find people to blacklist.
Or get bail and pay money
:nwc:
No Flag deleted_user0
Ninja

Post by deleted_user0 »

Thank for your support. Even though I have also done some stupid stuff before I have also,

-Created the favourite memes of Chrisie
-Casted some games
-Donated money to ESOC and many private streamers
-Caught a hacker

This is why possibly banning me from all the future events due to 4am tilt seems a little bit unfair to me.
Kiribati princeofcarthage
Retired Contributor

Post by princeofcarthage »

[Armag] diarouga wrote:I agree that there's a double standard. I'd give somppu the same sentence hazza got, because it's really the same behaviour.

Honestly, hazza's sentence was too light (because getting banned from just a fun event doesn't really matter), but banning somppu from all tourneys when he did the same thing as hazza is unfair.
I think you are missing all the hate, insults and spam that was done in EPL discord and on forums. Also this is not similar to what Hazza did. (Yes I will nitpick here cuz it makes lot of difference). This is also the 2nd time that has happened. I agree event ban is unwarranted, maybe EPL 3 is justified considering he did quit tournament in middle 2 times, admins also probably accommodated him in lower slots after first series. I would've expected EPL3 ban + forum ban for some period tbh.
Fine line to something great is a strange change.
Norway aqwer
Dragoon

Post by aqwer »

somppukunkku wrote:Thank for your support. Even though I have also done some stupid stuff before I have also,

-Created the favourite memes of Chrisie
-Casted some games
-Donated money to ESOC and many private streamers
-Caught a hacker

This is why possibly banning me from all the future events due to 4am tilt seems a little bit unfair to me.
well said
#trainableSpahi
No Flag deleted_user0
Ninja

Post by deleted_user0 »

princeofcarthage wrote:
[Armag] diarouga wrote:I agree that there's a double standard. I'd give somppu the same sentence hazza got, because it's really the same behaviour.

Honestly, hazza's sentence was too light (because getting banned from just a fun event doesn't really matter), but banning somppu from all tourneys when he did the same thing as hazza is unfair.
I think you are missing all the hate, insults and spam that was done in EPL discord and on forums..
Can you provide any examples? Because I haven't. Spam maybe.
Me saying zoi's patch is stupid/retarded is not same as saying zoi is retarded.
France iNcog
Ninja

Post by iNcog »

edeholland wrote:If he has to do community service, he should do something that is not fun like streaming. For example, host a tournament. Or sort through 100 cheating accusations threads to analyse evidence and find people to blacklist.
community service as a punishment seems off to me and not necessary. just reverse or lighten the admin decision if anything is to be done. a warning etc. is fine. work for esoc should be completely voluntary
YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/incog_aoe
Garja wrote: ↑
20 Mar 2020, 21:46
I just hope DE is not going to implement all of the EP changes. Right now it is a big clusterfuck.
Netherlands edeholland
ESOC Community Team
Donator 01
ESO: edeholland
GameRanger ID: 4053888
Clan: ESOC

Post by edeholland »

iNcog wrote:
community service as a punishment seems off to me and not necessary. just reverse or lighten the admin decision if anything is to be done. a warning etc. is fine. work for esoc should be completely voluntary
How can you write dots but no capital letters?
France [Armag] diarouga
Ninja
NWC LAN Gold
ESO: diarouga

Post by [Armag] diarouga »

princeofcarthage wrote:

I think you are missing all the hate, insults and spam that was done in EPL discord and on forums. Also this is not similar to what Hazza did. (Yes I will nitpick here cuz it makes lot of difference). This is also the 2nd time that has happened. I agree event ban is unwarranted, maybe EPL 3 is justified considering he did quit tournament in middle 2 times, admins also probably accommodated him in lower slots after first series. I would've expected EPL3 ban + forum ban for some period tbh.
What somppu does in forums/discord/twitch chats shouldn't be linked to the tournament decisions.
As you said, if the admins think that somppu's attitude on the forums has been problematic (and honestly it hasn't, you might not like somppu but his attitude doesn't deserve a forum ban), then ban him from the forums from a few weeks and ban him from EPL3 for forfeiting.
Retired Contributor

[Armag] diarouga wrote:
princeofcarthage wrote:

What somppu does in forums/discord/twitch chats shouldn't be linked to the tournament decisions.
As you said, if the admins think that somppu's attitude on the forums has been problematic (and honestly it hasn't, you might not like somppu but his attitude doesn't deserve a forum ban), then ban him from the forums from a few weeks and ban him from EPL3 for forfeiting.
That's what I said ^^

I don't dislike somppy, I have been fan of him and his playstyle for pretty longtime, but frankly last 2 series his behavior has been (understandable) disappointing.
Retired Contributor

edeholland wrote:
iNcog wrote:
PC.
Netherlands edeholland
ESOC Community Team
Donator 01
ESO: edeholland
GameRanger ID: 4053888
Clan: ESOC

Post by edeholland »

I'm not planning on banning him from the forums, this drama is fucking great.

Although I will moderate threads that are purely toxic. It's a thin line but it's there.
France iNcog
Ninja

Post by iNcog »

edeholland wrote:
iNcog wrote:
punctuation can change the message a fair amount and is important grammatically. I dont care about capital letters and I am on my phone
YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/incog_aoe
Garja wrote: ↑
20 Mar 2020, 21:46
I just hope DE is not going to implement all of the EP changes. Right now it is a big clusterfuck.
No Flag deleted_user
Ninja

Post by deleted_user »

it's super liberating to just not give a shit about Capitalization and do it just whenever you feel like It arbitrarily
Nauru Dolan
Ninja

Post by Dolan »

Idk wtf this is about but #freesomali, just for the banter.
Great Britain I_HaRRiiSoN_I
Retired Contributor

Post by I_HaRRiiSoN_I »

Well no due to his slot being now filled in the mid season auction by Jack gaming and co. It would be unfair to drop these guys due to a reversal of the admin decisions
Australia Hazza54321
Pro Player
Winter Champion 2020 x2Donator 01
ESO: PrinceofBabu

Post by Hazza54321 »

i still think his "sentence" should be lower, my actions were arguably worse and somppu has shown remorse. Was quite harsh considering he played the entire epl beforehand legit as well as finished his last 3 games seriously. Should honestly be the same sentence as me tbh and, if anything, mine should be higher than somppus overall
No Flag deleted_user0
Ninja

Post by deleted_user0 »

Also, I know it's not excuse but my nerves are still very tense during tournaments due to quitting smoking 1 month ago. Tournament games were normally ones I had at least 1 cigaret between each game but now I can't and it's still "not completely relaxed" to play tourney games.

Maybe some ex-smokers can relate.

Well it's irrelevant now as I won't probably be playing any official until DE.
Poland Nemo
Crossbow

Post by Nemo »

Makrokosmos12 wrote:How can you ban sompu for all events for 6 monts for this little slipup. Are you serious? Its not like he did it to abuse anything or interpreted the rules to his favour.The moment sompu quit the game was 99 % over.

Its not like he dropped soemone or used cheats. I really hope you reconsider this since ithink sompu is a valued community member which has shown good sportsmanship in the past.

You should give him a warning and leave it at that. If this happens again THEN handout a punishment. You act like fucking blizzard which banned blitzchung for a year and denied him all prize money for him standing for the freedom of hongkong. If this ban remains i seriously would like punch the dumb faces of the decision makers for that. Nobody here wants this! So stop being ignorant pussys.
Comparing this to China-ruled Blizzard is the least precise thing you could do imo. He didn't do some abstract shit or insult communist party. He simply and straightforwardly broken tournament rules and behaved unsporstsmanlike, not only disrespecting all watchers, donators and admins, but also hurting ESOC's viewership and credibility as organizer (I, for example, turned off the stream after the 2nd game because i didn't believe next ones will be worth watching). This can't go unpunished if we want anyone to take ESOC tournaments seriously.

Having said all that, I also believe he is a nice guy overall, not some toxic shitter or hopeless cheater, and that there is a way to set things straight. It just should be a) something not nice and easy (as ede said) and b) at sole discretion of ESOC, since they are the ones it hurt the most
Germany Makrokosmos12
Skirmisher
ESO: Templer12

Post by Makrokosmos12 »

somppukunkku wrote:Also, I know it's not excuse but my nerves are still very tense during tournaments due to quitting smoking 1 month ago. Tournament games were normally ones I had at least 1 cigaret between each game but now I can't and it's still "not completely relaxed" to play tourney games.

Maybe some ex-smokers can relate.

Well it's irrelevant now as I won't probably be playing any official until DE.
You want him to start smoking again by causing all this stress for poor somali?
Better rethink your decisions, ESOC staff.
France [Armag] diarouga
Ninja
NWC LAN Gold

Ye, Somppu is going to smoke again and die from cancer if he doesn't get unbanned, is that what you want ?
You're just a bunch of murderers @admins
Germany lordraphael
Pro Player
EWTNWC LAN SilverAdvanced Division WinnerDonator 01

Post by lordraphael »

man if i had time i would sub for sompuu. To make it fair for other teams.
breeze wrote: they cant even guess how much f***ing piece of stupid retarded they look they are trying to give lesson to people who are over pr35 and know the best mu. im pretty sure that we need a page that only pr30+ post and then we could have a nice discussins.
France [Armag] diarouga
Ninja
NWC LAN Gold

lordraphael wrote:man if i had time i would sub for sompuu. To make it fair for other teams.
And it wouldn't make it fair :P
Germany Makrokosmos12
Skirmisher
ESO: Templer12

Post by Makrokosmos12 »

Nemo wrote:
Makrokosmos12 wrote:How can you ban sompu for all events for 6 monts for this little slipup. Are you serious? Its not like he did it to abuse anything or interpreted the rules to his favour.The moment sompu quit the game was 99 % over.

Its not like he dropped soemone or used cheats. I really hope you reconsider this since ithink sompu is a valued community member which has shown good sportsmanship in the past.

You should give him a warning and leave it at that. If this happens again THEN handout a punishment. You act like fucking blizzard which banned blitzchung for a year and denied him all prize money for him standing for the freedom of hongkong. If this ban remains i seriously would like punch the dumb faces of the decision makers for that. Nobody here wants this! So stop being ignorant pussys.
Comparing this to China-ruled Blizzard is the least precise thing you could do imo. He didn't do some abstract shit or insult communist party. He simply and straightforwardly broken tournament rules and behaved unsporstsmanlike, not only disrespecting all watchers, donators and admins, but also hurting ESOC's viewership and credibility as organizer. I, for example, turned off the stream after the 2nd game because i didn't believe next ones will be worth watching). This can't go unpunished if we want anyone to take ESOC tournaments seriously.

Having said all that, I also believe he is a nice guy overall, not some toxic shitter or hopeless cheater, and that there is a way to set things straight. It just should be a) something not nice and easy (as ede said) and b) at sole discretion of ESOC, since they are the ones it hurt the most
(I, for example, turned off the stream after the 2nd game because i didn't believe next ones will be worth watching)
That is your problem if yore insecure. Then dont watch stream pls.
Comparing this to China-ruled Blizzard is the least precise thing you could do imo.
I just wanted to make an example how over the top decision is, considering the whole circumstances and forjustice didnt resigning on purpouse. this is actually not good sportsmanship you woodhead. Its a waste of your time as the viewer, and that is you btw. It has nothing to do with politics.
He simply and straightforwardly broken tournament rules and behaved unsporstsmanlike, not only disrespecting all watchers, donators and admins, but also hurting ESOC's viewership and credibility as organizer.
Uhmm... no. OMG he (not really) broke a rule by resigning when he had won the game and almost had trade monoply running. Only a retard would give the win to forjustice in this case. But no lets reward time wasting and turking. Sad times. ESOCs credibility would never ever take damage from this one case. In ESOC history there where much more severe cases of damaging esocs credibility. Like smurfing (snowww in an ESOC Championsship) or roiarthurbis and _uhlan_ actually using economy-hacks on EP. Its a bad joke compared to them.
So please dont tell me that somppu quiting a won game because opponent refuses to resign, is damaging esoc or the donators or the viewership. Everybody with a brain can understand somppus decision. I would agree on giving him a ban on the next EPL but for half a year is insane.
No Flag gerokatseros
Crossbow
Donator 01

Post by gerokatseros »

Sompu should be panished for thiw behaviour, but not like that. Propably give the point to the oppoment and ban him for 1-2 more games would be ok. But this punishment was huge
Greece giannisKING
Skirmisher
ESO: 4fr33d0m

Post by giannisKING »

Punishment seems like an overkill to me as well