RAGEQUITTING AOE3

Which TWO things are preventing you from enjoying playing/watching AoE3 right now?

Current Metagame
16%
Map Pool
5%
AoE3 Burnout
13%
Community Unfriendliness / Drama
21%
Real-life Stresses (Quarantine, School/Uni, Work, etc.)
23%
Can't find any games
15%
Other
7%

Total votes: 192

Great Britain Riotcoke
Retired Contributor
ECL Reigning ChampsDonator 01
ESO: Riotcoke
Clan: UwU

Re: RAGEQUITTING AOE3

Post by Riotcoke »

When will german merc fi be the meta?

twitch.tv/stangoesdeepTV
Canada Mitoe
Advanced Theory Craftsman
ESO: Mitoe
GameRanger ID: 346407

Post by Mitoe »

Skirm goon isn’t even that common right now FYI. Only Fre and Dutch ever go skirt goon
France bwinner
Howdah
Donator 01
ESO: bwinner

Post by bwinner »

I didn't read everything so Idk if someone already mentioned it but I think the reason why so many player are leaving is because the community is aging also. People don't have the same interest in video games at 25 and at 20. Look at ryan for instance.
United States of America Squamiger
Howdah
ESO: Squamiger

Post by Squamiger »

bwinner wrote:I didn't read everything so Idk if someone already mentioned it but I think the reason why so many player are leaving is because the community is aging also. People don't have the same interest in video games at 25 and at 20. Look at ryan for instance.
that is a good point. the influx of new players to this game is super low, or non-existent. the fortnite zoomers do not play rts.

The people who answered “real life stress”, the most common reply, are all the people getting too old to spend hours a day playing rts
Canada dansil92
Retired Contributor
ESO: dansil92

Post by dansil92 »

Mitoe wrote:Skirm goon isn’t even that common right now FYI. Only Fre and Dutch ever go skirt goon
Ive noticed a large amount of cav-goon combos on epl lately, i definitely agree skirm goon is a lot less meta than it was a year ago
Sweden Zutazuta
Howdah
zuta

Post by Zutazuta »

Mitoe wrote:Skirm goon isn’t even that common right now FYI. Only Fre and Dutch ever go skirt goon
Skirm/goon was a generalization of the current age 3 focused meta game. It's a superior combo than what most civs can make in age 2 (especially with a 2 falc shipment). Agree that not every civ should make skirm/goon in the current meta, but if we go back to the days of ramming musk/huss at each other, you'll see those pesky 5 goon and 8 skirm cards become the every day choice once more!
France iNcog
Ninja

Post by iNcog »

por que no los dos
YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/incog_aoe
Garja wrote:
20 Mar 2020, 21:46
I just hope DE is not going to implement all of the EP changes. Right now it is a big clusterfuck.
Australia Hazza54321
Pro Player
Winter Champion 2020 x2Donator 01
ESO: PrinceofBabu

Post by Hazza54321 »

lul
Canada dansil92
Retired Contributor
ESO: dansil92

Post by dansil92 »

Riotcoke wrote:When will german merc fi be the meta?
:hmm: nothing quite like a random assortment of landshenkts, hackapells, mamelukes and elmeti to really get the meta churned up
Great Britain Riotcoke
Retired Contributor

Post by Riotcoke »

dansil92 wrote:
Riotcoke wrote:When will german merc fi be the meta?
:hmm: nothing quite like a random assortment of landshenkts, hackapells, mamelukes and elmeti to really get the meta churned up
https://clips.twitch.tv/TemperedMagnifi ... colateRain
Exactly.

twitch.tv/stangoesdeepTV
United States of America StandardOfUr
Crossbow

Post by StandardOfUr »

Nothing is. I'm just getting back into it.
Czech Republic EAGLEMUT
ESOC Dev Team
Donator 05
ESO: EAGLEMUT
Clan: WPact

Post by EAGLEMUT »

Mitoe wrote:
blackout wrote:Is this based on a feeling or numbers? Are the player numbers on RE/EP decreasing, do less people watch the streams or YouTube uploads, are there less average posts on the forums?
This "burnout" feeling could very much just apply to a very small group of people while the rest (like me) is having a great time as always with the game
Well, it's mostly based on the fact that all of the top players seem to be inactive at the moment. I'm actually not sure about how the player base looks below PR35.
See, that's the funny thing about this whole thread.
If you check the actual population numbers, you can see that TAD ESO is literally the most active it's ever been. That's right, in April 2020 there were more players online on average than when the game released, or ever since it released. And that's despite ESO constantly crashing, which brings the average down compared to when ESO was more stable during the early days (presumably).
momuuu wrote: theres no way eaglemut is truly a top player
Tuvalu gibson
Ninja
ECL Reigning Champs

Post by gibson »

Last time I was on over half the lobbies were hosted by conscript or private.
Great Britain Riotcoke
Retired Contributor

Post by Riotcoke »

gibson wrote:Last time I was on over half the lobbies were hosted by conscript or private.
Yeah if you're like cpt there's like 2 games max ever, it's depressing.

twitch.tv/stangoesdeepTV
Germany Rohbrot
Howdah
ECL Reigning Champs
ESO: Rohbrot

Post by Rohbrot »

Riotcoke wrote:
gibson wrote:Last time I was on over half the lobbies were hosted by conscript or private.
Yeah if you're like cpt there's like 2 games max ever, it's depressing.
Get low to play this game :P
Spain pain train is real
Great Britain CuCkO0
Dragoon
ESO: CuCkO0

Post by CuCkO0 »

Typical aoe drama queens causing drama :P
EAGLEMUT wrote:
Mitoe wrote:
blackout wrote:Is this based on a feeling or numbers? Are the player numbers on RE/EP decreasing, do less people watch the streams or YouTube uploads, are there less average posts on the forums?
This "burnout" feeling could very much just apply to a very small group of people while the rest (like me) is having a great time as always with the game
Well, it's mostly based on the fact that all of the top players seem to be inactive at the moment. I'm actually not sure about how the player base looks below PR35.
If you check the actual population numbers, you can see that TAD ESO is literally the most active it's ever been. That's right, in April 2020 there were more players online on average than when the game released, or ever since it released. And that's despite ESO constantly crashing, which brings the average down compared to when ESO was more stable during the early days (presumably).
Would this have something to do with a majority of us being in lockdown? Are we likely to see these numbers drop as the world goes back to normality?
KINGofOsmane wrote:If Elo is down what are we even fighting for
No Flag helln00
Howdah
ESO: helln00

Post by helln00 »

CuCkO0 wrote:Typical aoe drama queens causing drama :P
EAGLEMUT wrote:
Show hidden quotes
Would this have something to do with a majority of us being in lockdown? Are we likely to see these numbers drop as the world goes back to normality?
Its already sort of going down a bit, presumably because the US states are loosening up
Czech Republic EAGLEMUT
ESOC Dev Team
Donator 05
ESO: EAGLEMUT
Clan: WPact

Post by EAGLEMUT »

EAGLEMUT wrote:
Show hidden quotes
Definitely, but that doesn't make the timing of this thread less funny, when TAD is the most active right now, in the 13 years that it has existed.
Great Britain CuCkO0
Dragoon
ESO: CuCkO0

Post by CuCkO0 »

Like I say, typical aoe drama queens :P
KINGofOsmane wrote:If Elo is down what are we even fighting for
Germany Plantinator
Dragoon
ESO: Plantinator

Post by Plantinator »

helln00 wrote:
Show hidden quotes
Its already sort of going down a bit, presumably because the US states are loosening up
Yeah what means well have even more ppl online around october when the 2nd outbreak Wave comes.
United States of America Podawe
Musketeer
ESO: Skeeter666

Post by Podawe »

To me one of the biggest turn offs towards the game is how whiny so many players are. When they lose its NEVER because they were just beat. There's always something to blame. OP civ, lag, map balance, etc. It's present at all levels. It's especially annoying at the pro level when I watch a stream of a fantastic game and then see someone spoil it by complaining about how "they probably would have won" if it wasn't the minor inconvenient lag us noob players deal with all the time... What happened to just saying GG and doing better then next game?

It's especially annoying when people complain about a civ being OP. If that's true, THEN YOU CAN PLAY THAT CIV. But I think people would rather whine. It seems like to me that the divide in this thread is between the players who are currently having a lot of success on EP, and those who are not and are looking for stuff to blame rather than adapting their play styles.

Ultimately I think the biggest thing that could "fix" AOE is just a larger pool of active players. 1-2 thousand is nothing especially at the top levels. Even as a measly 2nd LT I still find myself playing the same players all the time with the same strats and yes of course it gets boring. If we had 10,000 active players then I feel that things would be a lot different.
Germany Plantinator
Dragoon
ESO: Plantinator

Post by Plantinator »

Podawe wrote:To me one of the biggest turn offs towards the game is how whiny so many players are. When they lose its NEVER because they were just beat. There's always something to blame. OP civ, lag, map balance, etc. It's present at all levels. It's especially annoying at the pro level when I watch a stream of a fantastic game and then see someone spoil it by complaining about how "they probably would have won" if it wasn't the minor inconvenient lag us noob players deal with all the time... What happened to just saying GG and doing better then next game?

It's especially annoying when people complain about a civ being OP. If that's true, THEN YOU CAN PLAY THAT CIV. But I think people would rather whine. It seems like to me that the divide in this thread is between the players who are currently having a lot of success on EP, and those who are not and are looking for stuff to blame rather than adapting their play styles.

Ultimately I think the biggest thing that could "fix" AOE is just a larger pool of active players. 1-2 thousand is nothing especially at the top levels. Even as a measly 2nd LT I still find myself playing the same players all the time with the same strats and yes of course it gets boring. If we had 10,000 active players then I feel that things would be a lot different.
Idk man ofc they are some bot like who do the same shit every time but i basically play 13 out of the 14 civs and try to adapt every game. Also prob becuz some ppl know my fav strats so i dont wanna be predictable. I rather Think the Problem is that often 90% of games are 3v3 deccan (which gets even worse if u get randoms like @Hazza54321 recently posted "200 food to delete shrine" haha)
Musketeer

Post by Podawe »

Plantinator wrote:
Podawe wrote:To me one of the biggest turn offs towards the game is how whiny so many players are. When they lose its NEVER because they were just beat. There's always something to blame. OP civ, lag, map balance, etc. It's present at all levels. It's especially annoying at the pro level when I watch a stream of a fantastic game and then see someone spoil it by complaining about how "they probably would have won" if it wasn't the minor inconvenient lag us noob players deal with all the time... What happened to just saying GG and doing better then next game?

Idk man ofc they are some bot like who do the same shit every time but i basically play 13 out of the 14 civs and try to adapt every game. Also prob becuz some ppl know my fav strats so i dont wanna be predictable. I rather Think the Problem is that often 90% of games are 3v3 deccan (which gets even worse if u get randoms like @Hazza54321 recently posted "200 food to delete shrine" haha)
But like I said if the active player pool was 5 times bigger than it is now, naturally there will be more diversity and more spontaneity. Also, I almost never play team games with random people because I just hate having people get so angry about things like if they don't agree with my BO or playstyle etc. Normally idgaf but with the population being so small, it matters because I've had bad games (and good games) where someone labels me as a troll or Smurf or noob or something and the next time I want to play I just get kicked and can't get a game. It doesn't happen often, but it does put an unnecessary pressure when I just want to casually play a team game.
No Flag Astaroth
Howdah

Post by Astaroth »

So true.

No offense, but players in aoe3 are the most whiny I've ever seen, encountered or watched on twitch in any game tbh.

Grown adults resign before 2mins bc their opponent got a good wood treasure, people whine before the game is over, people don't say gg, become super salty etc.

Idk why tbh. If you compare it to aoe2, everyone at the top level there ALWAYS says gg after even the worst loss and performance and NEVER posts any immediate explanations or excuses for their loss right afterwards, even if they got horribly cheesed, tower rushed, vill rushed, boar lamed etc.
Musketeer

Post by Podawe »

^ Exactly.

And not gonna lie, it's made me lose some respect for some players...

People complain about the meta and "stale" build orders and what not, yet when anyone does anything differently with success, it's considering "trolling" or something. When in reality people just want to complain and find excuses when they get beat.