RAGEQUITTING AOE3

Which TWO things are preventing you from enjoying playing/watching AoE3 right now?

Current Metagame
16%
Map Pool
5%
AoE3 Burnout
13%
Community Unfriendliness / Drama
21%
Real-life Stresses (Quarantine, School/Uni, Work, etc.)
23%
Can't find any games
15%
Other
7%

Total votes: 192

Nauru Dolan
Ninja

Re: RAGEQUITTING AOE3

Post by Dolan »

And once they realised how good cheaper TPs were, it was like heroin. They couldn't stop wanting more of anything that speeds up shipments, aging, resources. It's like people have conflicting wishes: on one hand they want to be able to speed up the pace of the game in a way that gives them an advantage (and build strats around this), on the other hand now they think everything is too build-order-centric and boring. Well, that's what you wanted, lol. It's a consequence of your wish to have a TP-focused game.
France iNcog
Ninja

Post by iNcog »

I want 50f vills and 50w houses.
YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/incog_aoe
Garja wrote:
20 Mar 2020, 21:46
I just hope DE is not going to implement all of the EP changes. Right now it is a big clusterfuck.
Canada vividlyplain
Lancer
ESO: vividlyplain

Post by vividlyplain »

iNcog wrote:You could probably make more aggressive metas with maps too. but when we get those people complain
there's honestly no point to making maps for this community or donating time to help run events, etc
Georgia Qosashvili93
Dragoon
ESO: Qosashvili93

Post by Qosashvili93 »

Its aoe 3 how can u have many possible strategys

Its aoe3 ofc always will be lame stuffs in this game

Thats why game has 200 300 regular player :lol:

De and aoe 4 are hopes
Germany aligator92
Howdah
ESO: aligator92

Post by aligator92 »

P i k i l i c wrote:Also about ragequit, when I lose games they are always recorded, but when I win I sometimes lose my connection to eso during the game. Just why ? But then I remember it's just a game and it's not really important ^^
A couple of weeks ago I won 4 games in a row, without ESO going down and still somehow none of them were recorded by the system :D @Qosashvili93 still owes me ELO
France Kaiserklein
Pro Player
GameRanger ID: 5529322

Post by Kaiserklein »

RefluxSemantic wrote:
chronique wrote:I don't understand why peaple complaining about meta where the meta is not so different. I don't see so many meta change (ofc atp is better but it affect only spain/porto). Maybe some bo are abusif and not fun to play against (majority of otto strat, revo, full retard atp etc...), maybe we are all old and no one can adapt :P .
It's probably an accumilation of all the small changes from RE to EP that have made the game a little bit worse over and over again. That's what I think at least. People will slowly start to realize that they didn't realize what made aoe3 fun in the first place.
As if EP was a worse game than RE. This propaganda is stupid. EP is way better, it's not even close
LoOk_tOm wrote:I have something in particular against Kaisar (GERMANY NOOB mercenary LAMME FOREVER) And the other people (noobs) like suck kaiser ... just this ..
Tuvalu gibson
Ninja
ECL Reigning Champs

Post by gibson »

Depends what you mean by better. Better in terms of being more balanced sure, but better =/= more fun
Germany blackout
Dragoon

Post by blackout »

gibson wrote:Depends what you mean by better. Better in terms of being more balanced sure, but better =/= more fun
Ure saying Re is more fun than EP?
France flontier
Lancer
Intermediate Division Winner
ESO: Flontier
Clan: PLOP

Post by flontier »

RE is definitely not fun for the vast majority of players, at least in 1v1. I read a lot of feedback from people in the fre community at mid/noob level and they dont bother try 1v1 cause the design is just terrible and frustrating for almost everyone. I guess thats why 90% of the games hosted are team games on RE.

The only reason some player have fun experience i can think of is on QS where the very trash level of the player base make the experience funny from time to time cause it is trolling/noobashing and lame strat but it has nothing to do with the patch imo, just you can afford to do rdm and funny games because of the very low level. so thats definitely more chill.
Also clicking on Quicksearch is definitely more interesting than a game lobby system to find a game.
Australia Kawapasaka
ESOC Pro Team

Post by Kawapasaka »

Yeah Flontier said it perfectly. Ever wonder why 3v3 Deccan is by far the most popular mode of play? It's not because people like the fun challenge of having zero resources.
France iNcog
Ninja

Post by iNcog »

vividlyplain wrote:
iNcog wrote:You could probably make more aggressive metas with maps too. but when we get those people complain
there's honestly no point to making maps for this community or donating time to help run events, etc
why
Garja wrote:
I just hope DE is not going to implement all of the EP changes. Right now it is a big clusterfuck.
France iNcog
Ninja

Post by iNcog »

@thread

It's probably better for all of us to cool down and relax a bit, then come back to the game in a little bit. DE is around the corner, AOE3 is in a superb spot compared to where it's been before. I frankly think that drama and negativity have a much bigger role in this than TPs. So let's just get along. Been saying it for a bit now
Garja wrote:
Tuvalu gibson
Ninja
ECL Reigning Champs

Post by gibson »

Well ep killed quicksearch, but a few years ago quicksearch was actually fun and you could consistently get good games from it with interesting players.
France iNcog
Ninja

Post by iNcog »

I wondered about an idea where you could only get ranked games on EP through quicksearch, but I don't think it's a good idea.

DE will doubtlessly change a lot of that up.
Garja wrote:
No Flag deleted_user
Ninja

Post by deleted_user »

This is true if you played quicksearch civs like japan, ottoman, aztec, iro, india, sioux, or even germany. Dutch could be alright but they are trash tier. But the horrendous balance and the frequency of getting trash maps ruined the experience. EP killed RE quicksearch because no one wants to go back to quicksearch because it's on a bad patch on bad maps.

EP quicksearch could be great if it were actually populated by players of a variety of skill. Sometimes I just want to play someone that I don't know personally. Tbh we'll just have to wait for DE.
France iNcog
Ninja

Post by iNcog »

Honestly sometimes smurfing feels good because you can just avoid the human interactions and focus on the games.
Garja wrote:
Germany Lukas_L99
Pro Player
Donator 01
ESO: Lukas_L99

Post by Lukas_L99 »

Is there a way to implement random ep maps on ep qs?

Tbh we could just ask some players on ep to queue up in qs and have some fun games. Would be fun I think, especially now past tourney where games will become more casual again since you dont need to practice a specific Mu on a specific map.
France Kaiserklein
Pro Player
GameRanger ID: 5529322

Post by Kaiserklein »

gibson wrote:Well ep killed quicksearch, but a few years ago quicksearch was actually fun and you could consistently get good games from it with interesting players.
That honestly never was the case. Sure there were decent players but it wasn't "fun". You get garbage maps and everyone is laming. I know balance =/= fun, but when it's as imba as RE, it does kill the fun.

I think you have more fun on RE because you troll in qs. I also had more fun trolling in qs than playing any game on EP tbh. But that's not inherent to EP, it's just that on RE you find games easily and the level is lower so you can troll a ton
LoOk_tOm wrote:I have something in particular against Kaisar (GERMANY NOOB mercenary LAMME FOREVER) And the other people (noobs) like suck kaiser ... just this ..
Latvia harcha
Gendarme
ESO: hatamoto_samurai

Post by harcha »

yeah i can agree with above. balance is not always more fun but RE is definitely less fun for me (even while not being familiar with most EP maps).
POC wrote:Also I most likely know a whole lot more than you.
POC wrote:Also as an objective third party, and near 100% accuracy of giving correct information, I would say my opinions are more reliable than yours.
United States of America n0el
ESOC Business Team
ESO: jezabob
Clan: 팀 하우스

Post by n0el »

Lukas_L99 wrote:Is there a way to implement random ep maps on ep qs?
Already works I think
mad cuz bad
Tuvalu gibson
Ninja
ECL Reigning Champs

Post by gibson »

Kaiserklein wrote:
gibson wrote:Well ep killed quicksearch, but a few years ago quicksearch was actually fun and you could consistently get good games from it with interesting players.
That honestly never was the case. Sure there were decent players but it wasn't "fun". You get garbage maps and everyone is laming. I know balance =/= fun, but when it's as imba as RE, it does kill the fun.

I think you have more fun on RE because you troll in qs. I also had more fun trolling in qs than playing any game on EP tbh. But that's not inherent to EP, it's just that on RE you find games easily and the level is lower so you can troll a ton
Nah I'm talking about a few years ago when I was actively trying my best to improve. QS could be incredibly frustrating when you get a terrible mu and are missing a mine but it could also be far more rewarding than ep and resulted in a lot of different non meta playstyles and scrappy games.
No Flag RefluxSemantic
Gendarme

Post by RefluxSemantic »

RE has fun gameplay though. It just sucks that over half of the time you don't have a hunt or you're playing some ridiculously broken match up. But honestly I prefer the generic gameplay of RE. There's just more action and it feels less repetitive.

Basically RE has 3 shit games for every 1 good game, but when things come together its a really good game. EP has 4 average games, but sometimes average just isn't good enough. That's how I experience it at least.
Latvia harcha
Gendarme
ESO: hatamoto_samurai

Post by harcha »

RefluxSemantic wrote:RE has fun gameplay though. It just sucks that over half of the time you don't have a hunt or you're playing some ridiculously broken match up. But honestly I prefer the generic gameplay of RE. There's just more action and it feels less repetitive.

Basically RE has 3 shit games for every 1 good game, but when things come together its a really good game. EP has 4 average games, but sometimes average just isn't good enough. That's how I experience it at least.
i feel like you should blame players for doing meta builds in EP and all of the maps being TR10, instead of the actual patch balance
POC wrote:Also I most likely know a whole lot more than you.
POC wrote:Also as an objective third party, and near 100% accuracy of giving correct information, I would say my opinions are more reliable than yours.
No Flag RefluxSemantic
Gendarme

Post by RefluxSemantic »

harcha wrote:
RefluxSemantic wrote:RE has fun gameplay though. It just sucks that over half of the time you don't have a hunt or you're playing some ridiculously broken match up. But honestly I prefer the generic gameplay of RE. There's just more action and it feels less repetitive.

i feel like you should blame players for doing meta builds in EP and all of the maps being TR10, instead of the actual patch balance
That seems somewhat unreasonable given the history of EP changes.

But I blame maps just as much. Or rather, I think EP should've tried to compensate for the fact that maps cause nr10.
No Flag deleted_user
Ninja

Post by deleted_user »

I need some help guys so after reading about this "TR 10" on EP I started never making units before 10 minutes on EP and I lose every single game. Can someone please help?