RAGEQUITTING AOE3

Which TWO things are preventing you from enjoying playing/watching AoE3 right now?

Current Metagame
16%
Map Pool
5%
AoE3 Burnout
13%
Community Unfriendliness / Drama
21%
Real-life Stresses (Quarantine, School/Uni, Work, etc.)
23%
Can't find any games
15%
Other
7%

Total votes: 192

United States of America 007Salt
Dragoon

Re: RAGEQUITTING AOE3

Post by 007Salt »

QueenOfdestiny wrote:Somehow i came to the point...

It is just a game... No one is missing me here or there so whats the point.... it is just internet.
When i want to play i go play... everyone should do what they want in the right time and not overspend any thing... Hava a real life have frinds have a job have a bf or gf read a book meditate make sports what ever... there are plenty better things for your health then playing all day long aoe3

ps this might be my last post on this forums if anyone is interessted

Have a great day
AOE3 is more than a game. AOE3 is a way of life.
European Union aaryngend
Howdah
Clan: N3O

Post by aaryngend »

Dolan wrote:Except there's no report tool in AOE3 and in AOE3 you're not stuck in a lost game for at least 15 minutes, usually a lot more since nobody wants to resign early, especially if they got one kill and think they will carry.

What makes LoL most infuriating is this lack of options to leave a game at any point you want. If you go afk, you're reported and get punished for afk. In AOE3 you can resign whenever you want at no cost, except your mates' opinion. In LoL, you are stuck wasting time in a game that is lost and which makes everyone bitter and projecting all their frustration onto the easiest targets. So, very often you have to play it out for more than 20 minutes, even though the game was obviously lost in the first 10 minutes, when most lanes lost, you got no drake, mid tourret is already down and the enemy is already fed and roaming through your jungle. And despite all this, they still don't want to FF and will keep playing for 20 more minutes or a lot more.
[...]
Yeah, it doesn't even come close to AOE3.
People who think like you are part of the problem. I'm glad that Riot punishes afkers and leavers. No game in LoL is lost at the 5 or 10min mark, especially not in lower oder middle leagues. If you aren't at least high diamond or in an arranged team, you can swing around a lot of games tbh. You either have the fortitude to duke it out, or just don't bother.
I don't even think about the stuff you mentioned.. if/when a game is lost, trying to persuade your allies to give up, etc.
I just don't care about stuff like that. It's a waste of thinking space. Just concentrate on the gameplay and gamestate, no matter what.
Maybe that's why I have a better time than most others who play League? Also helps if you don't overplay to reach rank X or Y or just queue game after game.
France iNcog
Ninja

Post by iNcog »

nah fuck LoL for that reason for sure
YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/incog_aoe
Garja wrote:
20 Mar 2020, 21:46
I just hope DE is not going to implement all of the EP changes. Right now it is a big clusterfuck.
No Flag Astaroth
Howdah

Post by Astaroth »

This mightve been mentioned before, but I think one of the reasons Aoe3 is so rage inducing is the fact that games can be really close and winnable for both, only for someone to suddenly lose due to one or two minor things. Or one can even be ahead and then suddenly lose.

This is due to shipments, batch training, snare, and also other mechanics like revolt, age up, some units being huge swings (2 falcs, jaegers...), pathing issues for some units etc.

This affects your mentality a lot because you might feel in a good, comfortable position in the game only to suddenly lose. This obviously affects your mood very negatively.

In contrast, I feel it subjektively isn't so bad when you lose due to smaller advantages over time, it is easier to accept it when you already know for 15 mins that you are behind anyway, so there is less of a sudden negative surprise.
Nauru Dolan
Ninja

Post by Dolan »

aaryngend wrote:
Dolan wrote:Except there's no report tool in AOE3 and in AOE3 you're not stuck in a lost game for at least 15 minutes, usually a lot more since nobody wants to resign early, especially if they got one kill and think they will carry.

What makes LoL most infuriating is this lack of options to leave a game at any point you want. If you go afk, you're reported and get punished for afk. In AOE3 you can resign whenever you want at no cost, except your mates' opinion. In LoL, you are stuck wasting time in a game that is lost and which makes everyone bitter and projecting all their frustration onto the easiest targets. So, very often you have to play it out for more than 20 minutes, even though the game was obviously lost in the first 10 minutes, when most lanes lost, you got no drake, mid tourret is already down and the enemy is already fed and roaming through your jungle. And despite all this, they still don't want to FF and will keep playing for 20 more minutes or a lot more.
[...]
People who think like you are part of the problem. I'm glad that Riot punishes afkers and leavers. No game in LoL is lost at the 5 or 10min mark, especially not in lower oder middle leagues. If you aren't at least high diamond or in an arranged team, you can swing around a lot of games tbh. You either have the fortitude to duke it out, or just don't bother.
I don't even think about the stuff you mentioned.. if/when a game is lost, trying to persuade your allies to give up, etc.
I just don't care about stuff like that. It's a waste of thinking space. Just concentrate on the gameplay and gamestate, no matter what.
Maybe that's why I have a better time than most others who play League? Also helps if you don't overplay to reach rank X or Y or just queue game after game.
I don't argue in support of going afk or leaving a game. But I also can't agree with what you said, I think LoL games just last way too long. You shouldn't be forced to play a lost game for 40 minutes just because the team doesn't want to resign when it's clear you lost it. Yeah I know, there are lots of built-in game design choices that are made to give you a chance to come back, like if your base is open and lost all inhibs, this means you're going to get huge minion waves, which are feeding you lots of gold fast, and so speeding up getting more items. But you rarely come back in such a situation by, say, winning a team fight, acing them and doing baron and coming back in the game. In 80% of cases, by that time the game is lost and you wasted half an hour on a lost game, from which you couldn't get out without getting a penalty. I just don't like this kind of game design. At least in AOE3 you can just resign and let your mates make their own decisions, including not playing with you anymore. But at least you have a choice and you can get out of it. You can also pause the game, if you have something coming up. In LoL everything just flows, you can't get out of it and you're forced to play it out for at least 20 minutes or more.

This feeling of being trapped in a game with a team they can't win with makes people pissed and that's why they start flaming each other, because they just have to go thru all that shit, even though they played well or didn't feed. So you just know you're wasting time just because some hero thinks he can carry because he got a few kills, so he feels great about it.
Germany blackout
Dragoon

Post by blackout »

When u "lost"the game after 5-10mins and the game still continues for more than 30mins then u definatly had a window to come back. Ppl like u piss me of @Dolan
France iNcog
Ninja

Post by iNcog »

LoL rage reaches even aoe3 threads it seems
Garja wrote:
I just hope DE is not going to implement all of the EP changes. Right now it is a big clusterfuck.
Nauru Dolan
Ninja

Post by Dolan »

blackout wrote:When u "lost"the game after 5-10mins and the game still continues for more than 30mins then u definatly had a window to come back. Ppl like u piss me of @Dolan
Yeah it continues for 30 more minutes of people feeding, team gradually losing all map, failing to get any objectives and just everyone running around like headless chicken trying to farm something in a corner, so they can get more items. If that's what you consider a chance at coming back, sure dude, here's your feeling of being right.

Some teams just don't work. You ping them to come to drake, they don't move and just autistically focus on whatever they are doing at that moment. You ping for help, nobody moves. And then they fight 1v3, they die again, and ping you ??? because you were 1/4 of the map away from that fight and didn't rush there to save them from their own blunder.

That's why ppl duo with someone they know, at least they can limit the risks of having a messed up team. When you play with someone close to your level who also plays consistently, you at least know what to expect from one team mate.
European Union aaryngend
Howdah
Clan: N3O

Post by aaryngend »

Dolan wrote:Yeah it continues for 30 more minutes of people feeding, team gradually losing all map, failing to get any objectives and just everyone running around like headless chicken trying to farm something in a corner, so they can get more items. If that's what you consider a chance at coming back, sure dude, here's your feeling of being right.
Most games don't even go longer than 30mins in total, how can it go on for "30 more minutes" after the game is deemed "lost" according to your genius analysis?? So games are lost @ the 2minute mark now? :hmm:
Games mostly go for 5 or 10min more at most. You keep exaggerating your points to the point they become implausible.
Aoe3 team games take a long time too tbh, same as CS:GO matches. No one seems to complain there? If you want a quick fix, go play ARAM or something.
If people would not get punished for leaving at all, I can assure you that almost no game would end with all players present. Do you really want such an environment?
Where the luckier team which has the least amount of quitters wins.
I sure as hell don't want that.
No Flag deleted_user
Ninja

Post by deleted_user »

Nice thread mitoe. I think the answer would change from rank to rank, for high ranked players, not being able to find any games would be the primary issue imo, also playing in a meta where players below 60 iq can hit high ranks by just playing france/germany is another reason.
United States of America XeeleeFlower
Retired Contributor
Xeelee Patron

Post by XeeleeFlower »

QueenOfdestiny wrote:Somehow i came to the point...

It is just a game... No one is missing me here or there so whats the point.... it is just internet.
When i want to play i go play... everyone should do what they want in the right time and not overspend any thing... Hava a real life have frinds have a job have a bf or gf read a book meditate make sports what ever... there are plenty better things for your health then playing all day long aoe3

ps this might be my last post on this forums if anyone is interessted

Have a great day
Fwiw, I miss reading your posts and hearing you cast. Something that I particularly enjoyed with our community was that we actually had a female caster. Call me sexist or whatever, but I enjoy listening to female casters. I feel that the community could've done better with how it treated casters, particularly women. I feel we did/do better than the AoE2 community, which is pretty great considering our community is much smaller. But that's an entirely different discussion.
Time is wise and our wounds seem to heal to the rhythm of aging,
But our past is a ghost fading out that at night it’s still haunting.

http://www.galactanet.com/oneoff/theegg_mod.html
France chronique
Advanced Player
ESO: poissondu44

Post by chronique »

XeeleeFlower wrote:I feel that the community could've done better with how it treated casters, particularly women.
I pretty much agree, idk if women casters are treated worste (i have never heard woman cast in this game, since i am back), but i feel like casters are not so well treated, for peaples who give their free time.

We need a cult for each caster imo!! (special mention to @bwinner which is the only caster i can understand without try harding :P )
Netherlands Goodspeed
Retired Contributor

Post by Goodspeed »

Dolan wrote:
aaryngend wrote:

[...]
I don't argue in support of going afk or leaving a game. But I also can't agree with what you said, I think LoL games just last way too long. You shouldn't be forced to play a lost game for 40 minutes just because the team doesn't want to resign when it's clear you lost it. Yeah I know, there are lots of built-in game design choices that are made to give you a chance to come back, like if your base is open and lost all inhibs, this means you're going to get huge minion waves, which are feeding you lots of gold fast, and so speeding up getting more items. But you rarely come back in such a situation by, say, winning a team fight, acing them and doing baron and coming back in the game. In 80% of cases, by that time the game is lost and you wasted half an hour on a lost game, from which you couldn't get out without getting a penalty. I just don't like this kind of game design. At least in AOE3 you can just resign and let your mates make their own decisions, including not playing with you anymore. But at least you have a choice and you can get out of it. You can also pause the game, if you have something coming up. In LoL everything just flows, you can't get out of it and you're forced to play it out for at least 20 minutes or more.

This feeling of being trapped in a game with a team they can't win with makes people pissed and that's why they start flaming each other, because they just have to go thru all that shit, even though they played well or didn't feed. So you just know you're wasting time just because some hero thinks he can carry because he got a few kills, so he feels great about it.
5v5 moba leads to long games. If you don't like the game length, maybe you should look into playing something else.
India Ashvin
Retired Contributor
ESO: Octanium

Post by Ashvin »

QueenOfdestiny wrote: No one is missing me here or there so whats the point....
I for one, do miss you. You are one of the OG friends I made here in this community.
India Ashvin
Retired Contributor
ESO: Octanium

Post by Ashvin »

For me personally, it is a mix of frustration with the game, state of EP, state of ESOC, the fact that people I used to enjoy talking to are gone, and most importantly the fact that there are so many better games than age3 out there. Any game I pick, i dont have to put up with queue times, lack of tech support, lack of player base, lack of content. tbh I dont even like half of the staff, so why even stay and play?
Netherlands edeholland
ESOC Community Team
Donator 01
ESO: edeholland
GameRanger ID: 4053888
Clan: ESOC

Post by edeholland »

Ashvin wrote:For me personally, it is a mix of frustration with the game, state of EP, state of ESOC, the fact that people I used to enjoy talking to are gone, and most importantly the fact that there are so many better games than age3 out there. Any game I pick, i dont have to put up with queue times, lack of tech support, lack of player base, lack of content. tbh I dont even like half of the staff, so why even stay and play?
I remember some 3v3 (staff) team games I played with you which I enjoyed. If you ever want to schedule some friendly 3v3 games with people you enjoy, let me know.
Nauru Dolan
Ninja

Post by Dolan »

Goodspeed wrote:
Dolan wrote:
Show hidden quotes

5v5 moba leads to long games. If you don't like the game length, maybe you should look into playing something else.
That's the plan. I'll first reach a rank this season, then I'll uninstall or only play occasionaly some ARAMs or customs with friends.
It's not only me thinking that, I've talked to lots who think similar things. Might partly explain why the game playerbase has been declining. There's also the fact that Riot has made the game centered on one single map, which gets boring after a while. Other games have a lot more diversity of maps for ranked games.
France iNcog
Ninja

Post by iNcog »

Team games just suck in general lol
Garja wrote:
Nauru Dolan
Ninja

Post by Dolan »

I liked team games in AOE3. If only they didn't lag, I'd be still playing them. This is the part that I like in LoL, if someone lags, they own that lag, it doesn't spread around.
United States of America Podawe
Musketeer
ESO: Skeeter666

Post by Podawe »

I think overall AOE3 just needs an upgrade. Hoping AOE3 DE will solve most of our issues and then people come back to the scene. Whether it be casually or otherwise.
Vietnam duckzilla
Jaeger

Post by duckzilla »

I hoped for a nice upgrade via AoE3:DE, but given that there is no information flow at all even though first beta tests began in early february, I do not believe in significant upgrade. The hype ain't real anymore.
Whatever is written above: this is no financial advice.

Beati pauperes spiritu.
Czech Republic EAGLEMUT
ESOC Dev Team
Donator 05
ESO: EAGLEMUT
Clan: WPact

Post by EAGLEMUT »

duckzilla wrote:I hoped for a nice upgrade via AoE3:DE, but given that there is no information flow at all even though first beta tests began in early february, I do not believe in significant upgrade. The hype ain't real anymore.
Long period of pre-release beta testing points to a more significant upgrade of higher quality, if anything. I think you got it backwards.
If the game takes another year of development to release, it's obviously going to be better than if it releases next month. At least, unless something goes very wrong, more development time should simply equal better product in general.
momuuu wrote: theres no way eaglemut is truly a top player
Norway oxaloacetate
Dragoon

Post by oxaloacetate »

Dolan wrote:
Goodspeed wrote:
Show hidden quotes
That's the plan. I'll first reach a rank this season, then I'll uninstall or only play occasionaly some ARAMs or customs with friends.
It's not only me thinking that, I've talked to lots who think similar things. Might partly explain why the game playerbase has been declining. There's also the fact that Riot has made the game centered on one single map, which gets boring after a while. Other games have a lot more diversity of maps for ranked games.
Why would you even care to reach a certain rank, given your own criticism?
We watched the tragedy unfold
We did as we were told
We bought and sold
It was the greatest show on earth
Netherlands edeholland
ESOC Community Team
Donator 01
ESO: edeholland
GameRanger ID: 4053888
Clan: ESOC

Post by edeholland »

EAGLEMUT wrote:
duckzilla wrote:I hoped for a nice upgrade via AoE3:DE, but given that there is no information flow at all even though first beta tests began in early february, I do not believe in significant upgrade. The hype ain't real anymore.
Long period of pre-release beta testing points to a more significant upgrade of higher quality, if anything. I think you got it backwards.
If the game takes another year of development to release, it's obviously going to be better than if it releases next month. At least, unless something goes very wrong, more development time should simply equal better product in general.
I get where he is coming from, I think. Because there is very little information about AoE3:DE and it's hardly being hyped up, it suggests that there is not a lot to look forward to. If we would get a new engine, new 4k models, 3 new civs and dedicated servers in every country, you would assume they would have started marketing that to get people excited. Instead we hear very little so it may just be a insignificant upgrade compared to the original game.
Germany Plantinator
Dragoon
ESO: Plantinator

Post by Plantinator »

Tbh server based gameplay (only the Player with bad Internet has to deal with lag) and solving the ftj bug would already be enough for me to buy it