Hotkeys that u use?

Germany KaanHoca
Crossbow
ESO: KaanHoca
GameRanger ID: 9460097

Hotkeys that u use?

Post by KaanHoca »

I looked a video for ui and changed a little bit in hotkeys but I still play acutally still 80% with mouse and that with otto. Just wanted ask for what for hotkey you all are using ^_^ :?:
imgur.com/a/7KPXbBR
No Flag deleted_user
Ninja

Re: Hotkeys that u use?

Post by deleted_user »

Italy Garja
Retired Contributor
Donator 02
ESO: Garja

Post by Garja »

which hotkeys do you use?

"yes"
Image Image Image
United States of America n0el
ESOC Business Team
ESO: jezabob
Clan: 팀 하우스

Post by n0el »

KaanHoca wrote:I looked a video for ui and changed a little bit in hotkeys but I still play acutally still 80% with mouse and that with otto. Just wanted ask for what for hotkey you all are using ^_^ :?:
you should use a hotkey for everything. the best way to learn is to force yourself to click to things using the hotkey and never cheat click with the mouse.
mad cuz bad
No Flag deleted_user
Ninja

Post by deleted_user »

For the struggling player, a great barrier/misconception is that hotkeys take more effort, and aren't worth it. But this is never true if you care enough to make a post about hotkeys. The great truth of hotkeys is that they actually take less work. Well that's obvious, but that product is not always in sight. It takes practice. But when actions require less physical effort and less time to complete, it frees up energy that can be used elsewhere, and suddenly your limited capacity to process inputs is available for more important actions. If the monotonous actions can be performed without thought, it is like breathing.

I imagine learning to breathe is difficult work, but the rewards are worth it, if you enjoy doing things in addition to breathing.
United States of America Podawe
Musketeer
ESO: Skeeter666

Post by Podawe »

So what are some of the must have hot keys? I usually just use one for my TC, one for my barracks/stable, and one for my explorer. And then grouped units of course.
European Union Scroogie
Lancer
ESO: Scroogie
GameRanger ID: 10056919

Post by Scroogie »

viewtopic.php?f=29&t=18875
In this guide under "HOTKEYS" i talk about the most important hotkeys.
Me being slightly ahead vs H2O: Image
Malaysia Aizamk
Pro Player
ESOC WarChiefs Classic 2017

Post by Aizamk »

T to select tc
V to make villi
etc default for unit and building

Costom hotkei
N for eject
Shift+z for select all type
Spacebar for idle villi
Shift+space for multiple idle villi

Kontrol groop
1 etc for primary production
2 etc for secondary production
3 for tc

hope it helps
oranges.
United States of America Squamiger
Howdah
ESO: Squamiger

Post by Squamiger »

select all units of the selected type, is such a great hotkey. you have two groups of xbows fighting in your opponents base, 5 more pop out of you barracks, and your 8 xbow shipment just arrived from your TC. boom, 1 click and you can chuck em all in the same group.
Great Britain Black_Duck
Dragoon
ESO: Tom
Clan: DUKC

Post by Black_Duck »

Squamiger wrote:select all units of the selected type, is such a great hotkey. you have two groups of xbows fighting in your opponents base, 5 more pop out of you barracks, and your 8 xbow shipment just arrived from your TC. boom, 1 click and you can chuck em all in the same group.
Its great until you then accidentally click on a vill and then proceed to walk 53 vills around the map without noticing for 2 minutes.
Challenged_Macro wrote: Respect Mussolini guys,if hes triggered there is always a reason.
Mussolini wrote: I hope corona gets you, your family and all your fuckin relatives as you fuckin deserve it for being cocky
Latvia harcha
Gendarme
ESO: hatamoto_samurai

Post by harcha »

I use hotkeys for producing units, grouping them in control groups (also have control groups for military buildings), and making buildings.

Some auxiliary hotkeys i have set up is for eject function (there are 2 different ejects, both on the same key), find stuff (explorer, TC, all idle vils, need to start using also idle military, TPs (for when you have to control stagecoach)), hero abilities and unit tactics/stances (these don't work so well).
POC wrote:Also I most likely know a whole lot more than you.
POC wrote:Also as an objective third party, and near 100% accuracy of giving correct information, I would say my opinions are more reliable than yours.
Germany aligator92
Howdah
ESO: aligator92

Post by aligator92 »

I use:
find TC, find explorer, find barracks/WH etc., find stable/nobles hut etc., find foundry/agra, find market/firepit(not optimal), find TP, find all idle vills (I probably shouldnt use that one)
eject units
train villager
build house, build rax/WH etc., build stable/nobles hut, build market, build TP
use crackshot/convert/stun
select all units of the selected type :love:
attack move
Germany aligator92
Howdah
ESO: aligator92

Post by aligator92 »

Black_Duck wrote:
Squamiger wrote:select all units of the selected type, is such a great hotkey. you have two groups of xbows fighting in your opponents base, 5 more pop out of you barracks, and your 8 xbow shipment just arrived from your TC. boom, 1 click and you can chuck em all in the same group.
Its great until you then accidentally click on a vill and then proceed to walk 53 vills around the map without noticing for 2 minutes.
How do you not notice right away? :shock: It is still very annoying when it happens xD
Latvia harcha
Gendarme

Post by harcha »

I use hotkeys for producing units, grouping them in control groups (also have control groups for military buildings), and making buildings.

Some other hotkeys i have set up is for eject function (there are 2 different ejects, both on the same key), find stuff (explorer, TC, all idle vils, need to start using also idle military, TPs (for when you have to control stagecoach)), hero abilities and unit tactics/stances (these don't work so well).

One of the more impactful things you can do to increase your ability to multitask is selecting your stuff by either selecting a control group or using the find function and then using the snap to unit function (space bar by default??). This way you need to pan around the map less because you're just snapping at the location you want to be looking at at any particular moment.
POC wrote:Also as an objective third party, and near 100% accuracy of giving correct information, I would say my opinions are more reliable than yours.
Great Britain Black_Duck
Dragoon

Post by Black_Duck »

aligator92 wrote:
Black_Duck wrote:
How do you not notice right away? :shock: It is still very annoying when it happens xD
I'd put it mainly down to the fact i suck, but at the time its usually the games fault and if the game wasnt so bad I would have crushed the opponent because hes not better than me, no one ever is!
Challenged_Macro wrote: Respect Mussolini guys,if hes triggered there is always a reason.
Mussolini wrote: I hope corona gets you, your family and all your fuckin relatives as you fuckin deserve it for being cocky
Great Britain Black_Duck
Dragoon

Post by Black_Duck »

harcha wrote: One of the more impactful things you can do to increase your ability to multitask is selecting your stuff by either selecting a control group or using the find function and then using the snap to unit function (space bar by default??). This way you need to pan around the map less because you're just snapping at the location you want to be looking at at any particular moment.
Is that not the same as pressing 1 twice if you have units in control group 1?
Latvia harcha
Gendarme

Post by harcha »

Black_Duck wrote:
harcha wrote: One of the more impactful things you can do to increase your ability to multitask is selecting your stuff by either selecting a control group or using the find function and then using the snap to unit function (space bar by default??). This way you need to pan around the map less because you're just snapping at the location you want to be looking at at any particular moment.
Is that not the same as pressing 1 twice if you have units in control group 1?
you see i turn this option off because then i constantly pan by accident which is very frustrating to me. sometimes i just want to control units without having my screen move around