Have you been star-struck?

United States of America Squamiger
Howdah
ESO: Squamiger

Re: Have you been star-struck?

Post by Squamiger »

Oh damn I played on Mac gameranger back in the day. Don’t remember anyone named mitoe then though. My name was dr love
No Flag deleted_user
Ninja

Post by deleted_user »

Squamiger wrote:Oh damn I played on Mac gameranger back in the day. Don’t remember anyone named mitoe then though. My name was dr love
You serious? I remember a dr love (or was it mr love?). I was CotF SirCallen on Mac GR of course. Mitoe's nick on GR was Alaron. He was in PHX. The dr/mr love I remember was in the ƒ or faith clan. He was "pretty good" and would crush me with france bow pike rush.

edit: I think this was already brought up here: viewtopic.php?f=29&t=16544&p=349224#p349228
Sweden Victor_swe
Lancer
Donator 01

Post by Victor_swe »

My first memory of Mitoe was from another failed comeback of mine.
Zuta told me to play a game he casted vs some good GR player? I think it was in zuta saturday smack down?
I thought lol let smack this noob and I did, i think 4-2. I cant remember facing mitoe again in a casted bo7 so we cant know Who The better player really is.
I wasnt really starstrucked but i bet he was.
@Mitoe
Dead hunts cant walk....

BrookG - "There is a G in everyone"
Greece BrookG
Retired Contributor
ESO: BrookG

Post by BrookG »

Victor_swe wrote:My first memory of Mitoe was from another failed comeback of mine.
Zuta told me to play a game he casted vs some good GR player? I think it was in zuta saturday smack down?
I thought lol let smack this noob and I did, i think 4-2. I cant remember facing mitoe again in a casted bo7 so we cant know Who The better player really is.
I wasnt really starstrucked but i bet he was.
@Mitoe
all victor_swe stories have me starstruck
Correlation doesn't mean causation.
http://www.tylervigen.com/spurious-correlations

"mr.brookg go buy jeans and goto the club with somppuli" - Princeofkabul, July 2018
Howdah

Post by Squamiger »

deleted_user wrote:
Squamiger wrote:Oh damn I played on Mac gameranger back in the day. Don’t remember anyone named mitoe then though. My name was dr love
You serious? I remember a dr love (or was it mr love?). I was CotF SirCallen on Mac GR of course. Mitoe's nick on GR was Alaron. He was in PHX. The dr/mr love I remember was in the ƒ or faith clan. He was "pretty good" and would crush me with france bow pike rush.

edit: I think this was already brought up here: viewtopic.php?f=29&t=16544&p=349224#p349228
haha nice. Yup, I'm Dr. Love, I THINK I might have been in the ƒ faith clan, but maybe that was Mr. Love. I honestly can't recall. I was also in the legion clan and the *Dr* clan. Mr. Love was better than me, and he was slightly annoyed I think when I showed up named Dr. Love. I think I only beat him like once.

I remember CotF but I can't say SirCallen rings a bell, it's kinda hard to tell because I know the name SirCallen now from ESOC and that makes it hard to know if I actually remember a sircallen back then or if I'm just imagining it.

do you remember anyone named Kaygee? he was my bud, we would both play ports in 2v2

I can't say I ever remember seeing an Alaron either. I wonder if we were on during different periods. It's so crazy to think that without any ladder or rating system, you just had to green up on gameranger without really knowing how good anyone was, except by knowing them personally. I remember people would test new people who they were unfamiliar with by asking things like "what does mm mean", or "what does FI mean"
No Flag deleted_user
Ninja

Post by deleted_user »

I don't remember a Kaygee. It is interesting that there was both a dr and a mr love. I think I am thinking of mr love, because him and I played more than a few games together and had some long conversations. Perhaps my wishful thinking says that he couldn't not remember me, since I remember him (but an anteater doesn't remember the ants he's eaten).

Regardless, it's always great to see Mac gameranger players on ESOC. And I've already taken a trip down memory lane tonight, which is always welcomed :)
Howdah

Post by Squamiger »

deleted_user wrote:I don't remember a Kaygee. It is interesting that there was both a dr and a mr love. I think I am thinking of mr love, because him and I played more than a few games together and had some long conversations. Perhaps my wishful thinking says that he couldn't not remember me, since I remember him (but an anteater doesn't remember the ants he's eaten).

Regardless, it's always great to see Mac gameranger players on ESOC. And I've already taken a trip down memory lane tonight, which is always welcomed :)
it was probably Mr. Love then. I feel like I did the same thing with him, we would play several games and have long talks about strats. He definitely crushed me a lot with France. such a nostalgia trip really.
Sweden Victor_swe
Lancer
Donator 01

Post by Victor_swe »

@deleted_user4
Am i remembering right guidning u through a musk spam before a showmatch u played saying u were really nervous? And our plan was for u to just spam musk and win. And u did something else and lost. When a simple 3 rax would have given u a free win?
Dead hunts cant walk....

No Flag deleted_user
Ninja

Post by deleted_user »

Victor_swe wrote:@deleted_user4
Am i remembering right guidning u through a musk spam before a showmatch u played saying u were really nervous? And our plan was for u to just spam musk and win. And u did something else and lost. When a simple 3 rax would have given u a free win?
Yes. This happened. I don't know anything else other than that this happened. Now I'm sad.
No Flag deleted_user
Ninja

Post by deleted_user »

Squamiger wrote:
deleted_user wrote:I don't remember a Kaygee. It is interesting that there was both a dr and a mr love. I think I am thinking of mr love, because him and I played more than a few games together and had some long conversations. Perhaps my wishful thinking says that he couldn't not remember me, since I remember him (but an anteater doesn't remember the ants he's eaten).

it was probably Mr. Love then. I feel like I did the same thing with him, we would play several games and have long talks about strats. He definitely crushed me a lot with France. such a nostalgia trip really.
I've since confirmed via the old CotF forums that the person I am thinking of is mr love.

Still tho if you want some games or some tips hmu.
Sweden Victor_swe
Lancer
Donator 01

Post by Victor_swe »

deleted_user wrote:
Victor_swe wrote:@deleted_user4
Yes. This happened. I don't know anything else other than that this happened. Now I'm sad.
Sry....
Dead hunts cant walk....

Howdah

Post by Squamiger »

deleted_user wrote:
Squamiger wrote:

I've since confirmed via the old CotF forums that the person I am thinking of is mr love.

Still tho if you want some games or some tips hmu.
im always lookin for EP games around this time of night. also, whats the link to the cotf forum? i wanna see
Latvia harcha
Gendarme
ESO: hatamoto_samurai

Post by harcha »

when the GR TR40 legend Terrorista entrusted me his ESO account Knight_Br
POC wrote:Also I most likely know a whole lot more than you.
POC wrote:Also as an objective third party, and near 100% accuracy of giving correct information, I would say my opinions are more reliable than yours.
Netherlands Goodspeed
Retired Contributor

Post by Goodspeed »

Nicov
France iNcog
Ninja

Post by iNcog »

Goodspeed wrote:Nicov
wait, in aoe3?
YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/incog_aoe
Garja wrote:
20 Mar 2020, 21:46
I just hope DE is not going to implement all of the EP changes. Right now it is a big clusterfuck.
Netherlands Goodspeed
Retired Contributor

Post by Goodspeed »

No in an AoE2 2v2. Got crushed
European Union Scroogie
Lancer
ESO: Scroogie
GameRanger ID: 10056919

Post by Scroogie »

I played
Rapha
Kaiser
diarouga
i think Aiz
TheNameDaniel in a lagtest
KickAss who was the most difficult to play against
WickedCossack who always got like 500res in treasures and then said "thats gg age1 unfort :/"
bwinner who taunted me "im shit with my mouse i have no micro" and proceeds to outmicro the shit out of me every fight
Rohbrot who plants a Fort midmap in a French mirror and watches me suicide my army against it
GUA who just wins
Me being slightly ahead vs H2O: Image
Canada Mitoe
Advanced Theory Craftsman
ESO: Mitoe
GameRanger ID: 346407

Post by Mitoe »

Zutazuta wrote:I remember when Mitoe first showed up on the scene; strangle player from a foreign land. They called him the king of Game Ranger. My heart skipped a beat as we matched for the first time. Could this finally be some new talent in a slowing AOE scene? I picked Japan, naturally, and he chose the fierce Germans. We met on Saguenay, the fields of justice at last! The first game we played was magical, I could tell from the start - he was terribad. Seriously, just horrific. I hadn't played in months, and stomped him. Surely, this was just a bad game. Germans vs. Japan again. More 8xbow shipments than I have ever seen. It took that guy literally 20 games to even come to terms with the idea that Mac players just weren't that good. To date, my win rate against Mitoe must be close to 70%. Clearly, I'm the superior player, and that is a hill I'm willing to die on.
Hahaha I remember losing to you almost every single game for so long. I learned a lot from those games and your casting though, and eventually used it to ascend to PR38 where I then used that knowledge to lose to H2O in 90% of our games, which eventually did the same thing and got me where I am today.

@Squamiger I actually remember your name from GameRanger, that’s pretty cool! I don’t know if you were around for very long after I started playing TAD though, which may be why you wouldn’t remember the name {PHX} Alaron
Netherlands edeholland
ESOC Community Team
Donator 01
ESO: edeholland
GameRanger ID: 4053888
Clan: ESOC

Post by edeholland »

I remember beating H2O in a 1v1 with a handicap, not really fair. I also remember beating H2O+Samwise+some other player in a 3v3 on Himalayas. That was probably one of my best 3v3 moments.
Great Britain samwise12
Pro Player
Summer 2015 winner
ESO: Samwise12

Post by samwise12 »

Playing team with @H2O_ is one of the worst experiences, I could never understand how someone so good could be so bad at teamgames...
European Union Scroogie
Lancer
ESO: Scroogie
GameRanger ID: 10056919

Post by Scroogie »

samwise12 wrote:Playing team with @H2O_ is one of the worst experiences, I could never understand how someone so good could be so bad at teamgames...
what makes him a bad teamplayer?
Me being slightly ahead vs H2O: Image
Great Britain samwise12
Pro Player
Summer 2015 winner
ESO: Samwise12

Post by samwise12 »

not sure exactly he just always seemed to be behind for no reason xD
India _RDX_
Lancer
ESO: _RDX_

Post by _RDX_ »

Well i tried joining rooms that had star players long back, they would just kick me before i even say anything. Since EP is 'restricted' to players below PR 26, i won't see them much on RE. I have a memory of getting bashed by bwinner in a tournament where he ended the final game with a musk gren troll. I have also played vs challenger marco in another tournament and that's it.
oranges.
No Flag Astaroth
Howdah

Post by Astaroth »

I lost to H2O a couple of times way back. Once he complimented me, so you finally started using control groups? I hadn't, so I was happy.

I once beat Kaiser while he was trolling on a smurf, so proud. Well, not really a great accomplishment.
France iNcog
Ninja

Post by iNcog »

Goodspeed wrote:No in an AoE2 2v2. Got crushed
lol that is so cool

rutger and you are good at the game is damn all. I saw him get MBL on mbl's stream the other day too :)

sidenote my team elo is hella inflated thx to u 2
YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/incog_aoe
Garja wrote:
20 Mar 2020, 21:46
I just hope DE is not going to implement all of the EP changes. Right now it is a big clusterfuck.