Re: Road to Colonel

Post by GiBthedurrty »

i am colonel
Great Britain chris1089
Retired Contributor
ESO: chris1089

Post by chris1089 »

Seems a bit narcissistic, yet people read it...
France Kaiserklein
Pro Player
GameRanger ID: 5529322

Post by Kaiserklein »

Zeke wrote:Japan = 日の本の国, which literally means “land of the sun's origin”, or land of the rising sun
Wtf that's so weird. For us westerners it's where the sun rises, but why would they call themselves that?
LoOk_tOm wrote:I have something in particular against Kaisar (GERMANY NOOB mercenary LAMME FOREVER) And the other people (noobs) like suck kaiser ... just this ..
France Kaiserklein
Pro Player
GameRanger ID: 5529322

Post by Kaiserklein »

On topic: shit thread, time would have been better spent reviewing EPL2 and boosting my ego
LoOk_tOm wrote:I have something in particular against Kaisar (GERMANY NOOB mercenary LAMME FOREVER) And the other people (noobs) like suck kaiser ... just this ..
Armenia Sargsyan
Jaeger
Donator 01
ESO: lamergamer
Clan: c0ns

Post by Sargsyan »

chris1089 wrote:Seems a bit narcissistic, yet people read it...
cometk is elo #2, after GiBtheGOD so its fine
krichk wrote:For some reason, you want the world to know that you're brave enough to challenge Challenger_Marco
Netherlands Mr_Bramboy
Retired Contributor
Donator 01
ESO: [VOC] Bram

Post by Mr_Bramboy »

Kaiserklein wrote:
Zeke wrote:Japan = 日の本の国, which literally means “land of the sun's origin”, or land of the rising sun
Wtf that's so weird. For us westerners it's where the sun rises, but why would they call themselves that?
The Japenese borrowed/stoled the Chinese alphabet. The Chinese called them 'nihon', roughly translated 'origin of day'. For China, Japan was where the sun rose from.
France flontier
Lancer
Intermediate Division Winner
ESO: Flontier
Clan: PLOP

Post by flontier »

Cometk wrote:What's more is that I will attempt this feat with a handicap, utilizing but a single civilization - that of the Land of the Rising Sun, China.
Actually its really not a handicap to do that with one civ, mainly with a 700g/700w tier civ ^^.
Latvia harcha
Gendarme
ESO: hatamoto_samurai

Post by harcha »

GiBthedurrty wrote:i am colonel
no need to diminish cometks ambitions
POC wrote:Also I most likely know a whole lot more than you.
POC wrote:Also as an objective third party, and near 100% accuracy of giving correct information, I would say my opinions are more reliable than yours.
United States of America Cometk
Retired Contributor

Post by Cometk »

Day 1
Twitch stream

This is when I really cemented to myself that I would accomplish this goal. I resolved to stream all my games, record all my games, and take an honest look at the games that I lost, and what I could've done instead to win them.

From the 9 games played during the Prelude, I gained .35 power rating, and hopped up to PR31 Major.

UNFORTUNATELY... I have to report even more lost recorded games. Honestly, I have no idea how I lost these recs because they're too closely packed together to've just been deleted when I had more than 9 recorded games in my savegame folder. Either way, I don't have them now, so I'll just do my best not to lose any more because not being able to post them really sucks.

Game -4
Chinese (NxWorries) vs Spanish (Rohbrot) on Tibet
May 31st, 2020

Pretty good map for me. It's a favorable MU. I know that Rohbrot has been expanding his strategical pallet, but I anticipate him to do the worst. And since he went for 5 trading posts it was beyond obvious what he was going to try to do. I shipped Redcoats and Changdaos and made a push on his TC. I knocked it down before he could age up to Industrial, which was nice. However, he had already sent and gathered his 1000w shipment, so he was able to sneak a TC and get the ageup in anyway. I was able to nab some of his Spanish Gold on the floor though, killed his Outpost, and then started going around the rest of the map searching for where his TC/vills might be.

I could've done a better job splitting up my units to search. But anyway, I'm too late and he's able to pop off with Age 4 and the Revolt. He has 2 falconets but loses them sloppily to a small flank while the rest of his army is sieging a village. That little bit probably won me the game. Anyway, I get into a pretty stupid position with my units super tightly packed, and just z move everything vs his Huss and CM push. Most of his Huss die, but he had a Stable in the back and 3 TP stagecoach to give him the res to make reinforcing batches. That's really bad for me because now all my anti-cav is dead. Thankfully I've got enough rolling batches to keep a mass together, and I'm able to hold. He goes back, I go back, he tries to siege from a different angle and I'm still massing. Now he goes directly behind my base to siege, and this is my opportunity to go to the other side of the map and begin taking down his TPs. I get his TPs down while he's destroying what is now useless infrastructure to me, I also nab his stable. I've got Manchus and pretty much all the units I need to hold, I just need to stall for time to continue massing and to get an answer to his 4 Gatling Guns shipment.

I'm able to later train Hand Mortars and just wincon his army. There was also a bit of a lag in this game and that was annoying. It was a pretty dumb game.

Tbh, I feel as though I'm quite rude to Rohbrot when we play. I really don't enjoy going against his style.

Game -5
Chinese (NxWorries) vs Germans (Greatscythe11) on Manchuria
May 31st, 2020

‏‏‎
My nemesis; prior to this game, I was on a 5 game losing streak against Greatscythe. Well, anyway I know exactly what he's going to do, which is sit in his base in Fortress, make a bunch of units then right click my base. I use this free time to go Industrial, and now I have vastly superior units and I z-move him when he pushes my base. Justice.
France iNcog
Ninja

Post by iNcog »

yeah if you don't want rohbrot to revolt.... you need to do a lot

I remember a game where I brought up him down to just his starting TC that was idled for minutes. he still eventually got it off lmao
YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/incog_aoe
Garja wrote:
20 Mar 2020, 21:46
I just hope DE is not going to implement all of the EP changes. Right now it is a big clusterfuck.
Germany aligator92
Howdah
ESO: aligator92

Post by aligator92 »

Cometk wrote:My goal is simple: achieve the rank of PR35 Colonel.
Cometk wrote:I was on a 5 game losing streak against Greatscythe.
lmao
France chronique
Advanced Player
ESO: poissondu44

Post by chronique »

Victor_swe wrote:I just brit musk rushed my way to colonel many years ago. Try it, its fun.
I did that but with spain (which is a true challange)
Sweden Victor_swe
Lancer
Donator 01

Post by Victor_swe »

chronique wrote:
Victor_swe wrote:I just brit musk rushed my way to colonel many years ago. Try it, its fun.
I did that but with spain (which is a true challange)
Thats what i did on my way down to colonel again. Ubfortunatly i didnt stop at colonel.
Dead hunts cant walk....

BrookG - "There is a G in everyone"
France chronique
Advanced Player
ESO: poissondu44

Post by chronique »

Victor_swe wrote: Thats what i did on my way down to colonel again. Ubfortunatly i didnt stop at colonel.
Hmm, prob not enough mousket i would said.
Canada Mitoe
Advanced Theory Craftsman
ESO: Mitoe
GameRanger ID: 346407

Post by Mitoe »

This thread is gold. Good luck on your quest. If you wish for me to teach you the Mandarin Duck Squad build let me know.
No Flag deleted_user
Ninja

Post by deleted_user »

Unfortunately I do believe this thread will function as a target on your back, and you will be subject to many Elo thieves who want to grief you and relive their crime of passion in your revisited trauma here.
Germany Lukas_L99
Pro Player
Donator 01
ESO: Lukas_L99

Post by Lukas_L99 »

[Armag] diarouga wrote: I think you should watch tabben's old videos on his stream for this MU. He had really scary semi ff builds, even on no TP maps.
[Armag] diarouga wrote:It's the first two games of this video :
https://www.twitch.tv/videos/467272463
So you're telling me walling and shipping 8 ckn are really scary semi ff builds? x D
France [Armag] diarouga
Ninja
NWC LAN Gold
ESO: diarouga

Post by [Armag] diarouga »

Lukas_L99 wrote:
[Armag] diarouga wrote: I think you should watch tabben's old videos on his stream for this MU. He had really scary semi ff builds, even on no TP maps.
So you're telling me walling and shipping 8 ckn are really scary semi ff builds? x D
Yes. It makes the sepoy rush totally useless.
India rsy
Jaeger
Donator 01

Post by rsy »

[Armag] diarouga wrote:
Lukas_L99 wrote:
Yes. It makes the sepoy rush totally useless.
Attachments
oh shit.jpg
No Flag deleted_user
Ninja

Post by deleted_user »

It's a refutation and it's still hard to defend. Tabben played really well in g2
Retired Contributor

Post by Cometk »

Game 6
Chinese vs Japan on Fertile Crescent
May 31st, 2020

I didn't know it prior to watching the twitch VOD, but this is SoldieR's smurf account. Today he's using it to get more familiar with Japan without risking bombing his Elo on his main account.

But during the game I was unaware of who this was, to my knowledge just some random guy. I remember seeing this account playing some team games a long time ago, and rn he's ranked PR28 Captain. I feel assured that he's a bad player, and this is a good matchup for me.

I do standard FF stuff. My opponent tries to raid me with Age 2 Ashigaru and Naginata. I ship Intervention and hold it with ease, and am feeling very comfortable. I don't sense he's aging up or going to push any time soon, and even if he were I would be in a very good position to defend it. So 1000c is my next shipment, and I go up to Industrial. From here it's a faceroll, as my opponent is very late to Fortress age and on the backfoot. He's producing Vet Yumi and Naginata now, while I'm challenging his ranged mass with Arq and tearing down the front of his base with Changdao. Tbh, I do a bit of a messy job preserving my Changdao at one point as I get a bit cocky thinking this is already a wrap. I'm caught lacking with minimal anti-cav, and he's able to get a lot of Vet Nagi on my Arquebusier mass. However, I have Rattans on the way and given how much damage I did previously that's enough to seal the game.

I feel as though my opponent executed what he wanted to do quite well, as his unit control was clearly quite tight and well managed, but he didn't do what he needed to do to win this matchup.
‏‏‎
Attachments
[EP8-2 SP] NxWorries[CH] vs LiquorANDWeed[JP] - ESOC Fertile Crescent.age3yrec
(509.04 KiB) Downloaded 55 times
ESOC Fertile Crescent
ESOC Fertile Crescent
Rules: Supremacy (1v1)
Version: ESOC Patch 8.2
Length: 20 minutes
Retired Contributor

Post by Cometk »

Game 7
Chinese vs Dutch on Bengal
May 31st, 2020

I'm up against Riotcoke. I'm feeling lazy and don't want to him to aggro my Fast Industrial while I get up, so we agree to an NR10. That means we're both going Industrial, and with my first Summer Palace batch I scout he went Fort mid-map. So I elect to send 2 Flying Crows as my first shipment in Industrial to start knocking that Fort down while getting my bearings in Age 4. As soon as I'm about to walk out, he rolls up with 30 Stadhouders, Stradiots, Heavy Cannons and a 14 Skirm shipment in the back. All I have are some trash units and Crows, with no shipment in queue. It's lights out. Well played.
‏‏‎
Attachments
[EP8-2 SP] NxWorries[CH] vs dutchrenegrade[DU] - ESOC Bengal.age3yrec
(465.36 KiB) Downloaded 113 times
ESOC Bengal
ESOC Bengal
Length: 13 minutes
Retired Contributor

Post by Cometk »

‏‏‎Game 8
Chinese vs Germans on Manchac
May 31st, 2020

Against Riotcoke again. I know he'll go for mercs, so I do standard China stuff. Honestly, I'm very afraid of upgraded mercs. Thankfully he never finds an opportunity to push the issue or pressure me, and I'm able to continue massing. He micro's like a total noodle and I get several excellent engagements. Easy victory.
‏‏‎
Attachments
[EP8-2 SP] NxWorries[CH] vs dutchrenegrade[GE] - ESOC Manchac.age3yrec
(505.15 KiB) Downloaded 150 times
ESOC Manchac
ESOC Manchac
Length: 17 minutes
France [Armag] diarouga
Ninja
NWC LAN Gold
ESO: diarouga

Post by [Armag] diarouga »

Cometk wrote:Game 7
Chinese vs Dutch on Bengal
May 31st, 2020

I'm up against Riotcoke. I'm feeling lazy and don't want to him to aggro my Fast Industrial while I get up, so we agree to an NR10. That means we're both going Industrial, and with my first Summer Palace batch I scout he went Fort mid-map. So I elect to send 2 Flying Crows as my first shipment in Industrial to start knocking that Fort down while getting my bearings in Age 4. As soon as I'm about to walk out, he rolls up with 30 Stadhouders, Stradiots, Heavy Cannons and a 14 Skirm shipment in the back. All I have are some trash units and Crows, with no shipment in queue. It's lights out. Well played.
‏‏‎
I don't think you can FI on no TP maps. This MU is actually probably Dutch favoured on no TP maps. If you don't want to FI, you can try to go for a proxy with the skirm age up and iddle him forever.