Road to Colonel

No Flag deleted_user
Ninja

Re: Road to Colonel

Post by deleted_user »

Cometk wrote:Game 7
Chinese vs Dutch on Bengal
May 31st, 2020

I'm up against Riotcoke. I'm feeling lazy and don't want to him to aggro my Fast Industrial while I get up, so we agree to an NR10. That means we're both going Industrial, and with my first Summer Palace batch I scout he went Fort mid-map. So I elect to send 2 Flying Crows as my first shipment in Industrial to start knocking that Fort down while getting my bearings in Age 4. As soon as I'm about to walk out, he rolls up with 30 Stadhouders, Stradiots, Heavy Cannons and a 14 Skirm shipment in the back. All I have are some trash units and Crows, with no shipment in queue. It's lights out. Well played.
‏‏‎
If it makes you feel any better riotcoke practiced this build hundreds of times in preparation for jackgaming and the completely broken, pr 12 revolt strat executed by a pr 10.
United States of America Cometk
Retired Contributor

Post by Cometk »

I'll cover the next couple games in the same post, since they're all vs the same player.

Game 9
Chinese vs French on Wabakimi
May 31st, 2020

Kickass. He's taking France again after I walloped him in this matchup last time (see here). KickAss is still reasonably successful with his Hussar pressure in this game, and I get idled a lot going to Fortress. Once I'm up I don't feel as though I'm in the greatest position, but I do my best to get my mass rolling. I know I have a few wincons on this map, and I still feel alright given that I can likely have superiority over the pond given a) my better frigate-type shipment and b) my knowledge that KickAss doesn't care to go water often. I ship the Fuchuan and it does a good job to give me the security to extend out along the coast. Unfortunately, at some point I run out of food, but with the Fuchuan I'm able to get the better of some small Fortress-age engages and extend outwards from the pond to grab some food. When the big engagement comes about, I'm able to snipe one of his falconets with the Fuchuan and kill the other with normal warship fire. That puts me far and away ahead, and after that my Fuchuan jousts with his late Frigate shipment. I won the land engagement, and very narrowly win the sea engagement too while constructing a Castle in my base as insurance and a dock to heal up my damaged boat. KickAss loses access to res and can't remass properly, so I win.

Game 10
Chinese vs Spanish on Mendocino
May 31st, 2020

‏‏‎
Next game KickAss feels like taking Spain, which is a-okay by me because it's a very favorable MU.

KickAss goes for a slow Fortress while ATP grabbing the Trade line. With the knowledge that he's overinvesting in the TP line and going to be up late, I go up with the Skirm wonder and plan on pushing his FB with my first shipment (Intervention) and a cav batch. I almost get the outpost down, but to my delight he pops falconets directly into my mass of units with 5 Meteor Hammers on the field. It's completely over for him.

Game 11
Chinese vs British on Bering Strait
May 31st, 2020

This game ends is a pretty dumb way.

Anyway, I do my thing and he does his. I do FF, he does VC and follows me to Age 3. I ship Intervention first card and poke out to get a sense of where he's at. He doesn't have that many units, and I'm able to get a decent trade with some Hussars attempting to snare me as I go back. I decide to go Industrial as I don't feel as if I'll be greatly pressured. He pokes into my base but I hold it easily and ward him off. I'm up to Industrial and in a very solid position. I honestly should've won this game, but got caught in a sandwich IN LAG, so that I couldn't reposition my units to effectively micro out of a very easily avoidable situation. Tbf, lag could benefit either of our compositions, but this time it favored his as he was able to get virtually a full surround and my units ended up in line of fire of falcs while his falcs were out of range of my Crows.
‏‏‎
Attachments
[EP8-2 SP] NxWorries[CH] vs KickAss[FR] - ESOC Wabakimi.age3yrec
(492.27 KiB) Downloaded 90 times
ESOC Wabakimi
ESOC Wabakimi
Rules: Supremacy (1v1)
Version: ESOC Patch 8.2
Length: 18 minutes
[EP8-2 SP] NxWorries[CH] vs KickAss[SP] - ESOC Mendocino.age3yrec
(416.59 KiB) Downloaded 86 times
ESOC Mendocino
ESOC Mendocino
Length: 11 minutes
[EP8-2 SP] NxWorries[CH] vs KickAss[BR] - ESOC Bering Strait.age3yrec
(442.65 KiB) Downloaded 65 times
ESOC Bering Strait
ESOC Bering Strait
Length: 15 minutes
France Kaiserklein
Pro Player
GameRanger ID: 5529322

Post by Kaiserklein »

Why don't you play more games to actually try and reach colonel instead of writing this shite
LoOk_tOm wrote:I have something in particular against Kaisar (GERMANY NOOB mercenary LAMME FOREVER) And the other people (noobs) like suck kaiser ... just this ..
Latvia harcha
Gendarme
ESO: hatamoto_samurai

Post by harcha »

Kaiserklein wrote:Why don't you play more games to actually try and reach colonel instead of writing this shite
if you haven't noticed his true passion is writing
POC wrote:Also I most likely know a whole lot more than you.
POC wrote:Also as an objective third party, and near 100% accuracy of giving correct information, I would say my opinions are more reliable than yours.
Germany lordraphael
Pro Player
EWTNWC LAN SilverAdvanced Division WinnerDonator 01

Post by lordraphael »

Kaiserklein wrote:Why don't you play more games to actually try and reach colonel instead of writing this shite
its quite entertaining. Can also help actually because you gonna think quite a bit about the game while writing
breeze wrote: they cant even guess how much f***ing piece of stupid retarded they look they are trying to give lesson to people who are over pr35 and know the best mu. im pretty sure that we need a page that only pr30+ post and then we could have a nice discussins.
France Kaiserklein
Pro Player
GameRanger ID: 5529322

Post by Kaiserklein »

Sure but I'm here to flame cometk
LoOk_tOm wrote:I have something in particular against Kaisar (GERMANY NOOB mercenary LAMME FOREVER) And the other people (noobs) like suck kaiser ... just this ..
Norway spanky4ever
Gendarme
iwillspankyou

Post by spanky4ever »

Start as a smurf, and smurf as many "high ranking ppl" you can, Then you will get the hang of it ;) smurfing to your OP rank
The ppl you smurf on your way, will not be able to even that loss aginst you, in 20 games :shock:
Hippocrits are the worst of animals. I love elifants.
Norway spanky4ever
Gendarme
iwillspankyou

Post by spanky4ever »

iwillspankyou wrote:Start as a smurf, and smurf as many "high ranking ppl" you can, Then you will get the hang of it ;) smurfing to your OP rank
The ppl you smurf on your way, will not be able to even that loss aginst you, in 20 games :shock:
But first, you will maybe have to cheat your way to get all the cards that noobs do not have. Its a fix, that is spread around in this communety, called "getting experience points). I would call that a cheat, but nobody seems to care about that little "thing".
United States of America occamslightsaber
Retired Contributor
ESO: L1BERTYPR1ME

Post by occamslightsaber »

Hm may be I should try a “Road to CometK” challenge to keep him on his toes.
The scientific term for China creating free units is Mitoe-sis.

I intend all my puns.
Netherlands edeholland
ESOC Community Team
Donator 01
ESO: edeholland
GameRanger ID: 4053888
Clan: ESOC

Post by edeholland »

iwillspankyou wrote:
iwillspankyou wrote:Start as a smurf, and smurf as many "high ranking ppl" you can, Then you will get the hang of it ;) smurfing to your OP rank
But first, you will maybe have to cheat your way to get all the cards that noobs do not have. Its a fix, that is spread around in this communety, called "getting experience points). I would call that a cheat, but nobody seems to care about that little "thing".
You mean the XP mod? I wouldn't really call it a cheat at this point. The only thing you are cheating is the awful grinding system.
Norway spanky4ever
Gendarme
iwillspankyou

Post by spanky4ever »

edeholland wrote:
iwillspankyou wrote:
You mean the XP mod? I wouldn't really call it a cheat at this point. The only thing you are cheating is the awful grinding system.
you can call it whatever you want, but faces with another noob, you are destined to fail. I will call it a cheat, and I do not condone that this cite do not :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!:
Switzerland sebnan12
Jaeger
ESO: Mongobillione

Post by sebnan12 »

loooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooonerdooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooool
"Why are you trying to lecture me on my own language, no wonder you people shit in the open street."- Riotcoke

''man he's slow rolling him more than a fish on a royal flush'' - Garja

NEED MORE XP
United States of America shiptor
Crossbow
ESO: shiptor

Post by shiptor »

Keep up the posts and the cilmb. Good luck bro!
United States of America giveuanxiety
Advanced Player
Donator 02
ESO: GiveUAnxiety

Post by giveuanxiety »

not to undermine Cometk but I wonder if Slay3r should try to race Cometk to pr 35 with China.
Lasol wrote: :hmm: just Saw a YouTube video with giveyouanexiaty. He Said check youre stove, if you Want to improve youre aoe3 skills.

WHAT does check your stove means? And how do you do it?
Latvia harcha
Gendarme
ESO: hatamoto_samurai

Post by harcha »

giveuanxiety wrote:not to undermine Cometk but I wonder if Slay3r should try to race Cometk to pr 35 with China.
slay3r would also have to handicap himself by spending most of the time writing memoirs on ESOC forum and then this could be a fair race, I'm getting hyped already!
POC wrote:Also I most likely know a whole lot more than you.
POC wrote:Also as an objective third party, and near 100% accuracy of giving correct information, I would say my opinions are more reliable than yours.
Great Britain Riotcoke
Retired Contributor
ECL Reigning ChampsDonator 01
ESO: Riotcoke
Clan: UwU

Post by Riotcoke »

Road to kicking players who beat you with a civ if they don't change. Road to banning people from Twitch chat.

twitch.tv/stangoesdeepTV
United States of America giveuanxiety
Advanced Player
Donator 02
ESO: GiveUAnxiety

Post by giveuanxiety »

Lol your salt will never disappear. I dunno why you can’t understand that if someone is below major rank I generally will just not play vs them.
Lasol wrote: :hmm: just Saw a YouTube video with giveyouanexiaty. He Said check youre stove, if you Want to improve youre aoe3 skills.

WHAT does check your stove means? And how do you do it?
Great Britain Riotcoke
Retired Contributor
ECL Reigning ChampsDonator 01
ESO: Riotcoke
Clan: UwU

Post by Riotcoke »

giveuanxiety wrote:Lol your salt will never disappear. I dunno why you can’t understand that if someone is below major rank I generally will just not play vs them.
This was in reference to Trevor not to you. Surprisngly everything i say isn't about you.

twitch.tv/stangoesdeepTV
France iNcog
Ninja

Post by iNcog »

Very unprfessional. Won't be watching this stream and I hope you rectify this mistake.
YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/incog_aoe
Garja wrote:
20 Mar 2020, 21:46
I just hope DE is not going to implement all of the EP changes. Right now it is a big clusterfuck.
United States of America GiBthedurrty
Lancer
Donator 01
Clan: YumiW

Post by GiBthedurrty »

Riotcoke wrote:
giveuanxiety wrote:Lol your salt will never disappear. I dunno why you can’t understand that if someone is below major rank I generally will just not play vs them.
This was in reference to Trevor not to you. Surprisngly everything i say isn't about you.
GUA is scared of captains however i am fearless
Armenia Sargsyan
Jaeger
Donator 01
ESO: lamergamer
Clan: c0ns

Post by Sargsyan »

GiB challenges all cucks who think they are the shit. he says "come at me you little shit"
krichk wrote:For some reason, you want the world to know that you're brave enough to challenge Challenger_Marco
Retired Contributor

Post by Cometk »

Let's finish off Day 1.

Game 12
Chinese vs French on Florida
May 31st, 2020

Strange game. I FF. KickAss does a 10 musk semi-ff, if I'm counting units correctly. He takes down my TP then goes home and ages. In the back he's going mass Cuir, I push his FB. He fumbles his control really badly and I win a fight that I probably should've lost.

Game 13
Chinese vs British on Bering Strait
May 31st, 2020

This game I enjoyed playing, and even though I lost, I felt satisfied at the end because I feel like I didn't lose for any stupid reason, it was a loss that was totally in my control in an otherwise even game that could've gone either way.

This is a rematch MU from Game 11, and in that game I went FI, so I didn't feel as though I could get away with that build order again. This game, I go for an aggressive FF, with a forward village while aging up with the 8 skirm wonder. I wanted to play an aggro playstyle and oust KickAss early on, and put him in an awkward spot where he can't balance his military mass/resources/tech. I push in very aggressively with my 8 ageup skirms and the Summer Palace batch, probably more than I should've, because if he was staying Colo I was taking a huge risk w/o proper anti-cav on the field. In hindsight, I should've been proactive with my scouting in Mid-Colonial to know if he was making units in Age 2 at all, at the very least to know if he was throwing down production facilities at a decent time. This game KickAss is going for a VC FF, which, again, in hindsight I probably didn't do well enough to recognize and appropriately punish.

I do push him off of resources on the left side of the map entirely, where all his coin is. After rewatching the rec, I think this is where I should've gone full cavalry batches and never let up on the front side of his base, basically shutting him out from gathering coin entirely. If I could force an engage where I can nab his falconets, then assuredly I would win the fight with better malleability in my unit composition while he has no access to one resource. His falconets were his wincon at this point and if they went down, it would've been a wrap. However I kind of waffle around and destroy some of his LOS houses, and he's able to get back onto coin and continue massing and doing Brit stuff.

We both mass until we come to one big engage. I won't go that far into detail but I misposition my units (awkward z-move with my cav, allowing him to get a surround with his Hussars for maximal DPS, changdaos slow to engage, Manchus fighting on Musketeer side, Flying Crow lagging in the back) and that fight goes reasonably in KickAss' favor. With better positioning I should've been in a really good spot, even if I wasn't able to immediately take down KickAss' falconets, it would've ended evenly and I would've had a nice reinforce. Anyway that didn't happen and it is very clearly my fault, which feels good to say. Gg.
‏‏‎
Attachments
[EP8-2 SP] NxWorries[CH] vs KickAss[FR] - ESOC Florida.age3yrec
(478.81 KiB) Downloaded 77 times
ESOC Florida
ESOC Florida
Length: 12 minutes
[EP8-2 SP] NxWorries[CH] vs KickAss[BR] - ESOC Bering Strait.age3yrec
(520.55 KiB) Downloaded 82 times
ESOC Bering Strait
ESOC Bering Strait
Length: 20 minutes
France [Armag] diarouga
Ninja
NWC LAN Gold
ESO: diarouga

Post by [Armag] diarouga »

FI should actually beat the VC ff.
Retired Contributor

Post by Cometk »

Day 2
Twitch stream

Overall from Day 1 I was feeling pretty good. I gained a lot of rank and felt reasonably comfortable about my performances. I also ended the day on a good note, as even though I lost my previous match I was content with how I played it so I wasn't sour from the defeat.

Game 14
Chinese vs French on Hudson Bay
June 1st, 2020

My opponent is CHATIMENTS. This game, I'm not sensing any pressure from him at all, so I feel like he's going to go for some silly strategy like a France FI. I know that if I just go FI myself I should crush him, so that's what I do. I'm also confident in my ability to play the lategame so that informs a few of my decisions.

He's also producing musketeers which should normally just be really garbage vs China. However, I'm playing very passively and allow him a lot of time to get his ball rolling and set up. Like I said, I'm very confident in my abilities in the lategame, however in this matchup that doesn't mean much if he's getting fully upped Gendarme Cuirassier while my deck has no eco or training speed shipments. If I had simply done regular rolling unit shipments (18 changdao then 26 Rattans) I should've been able to clean up anything he could possibly field in early Industrial. If that happens then I essentially win the game on the spot because he's pushed off resources and can't get a sufficient remass to compete with what China is fielding.

For whatever reason though I ship 2 Flying Crows first and play defensive, as if he would ever be able to push me (maybe this is trauma from my game vs Riotcoke's FI). This wastes a lot of time and makes my unit comp immobile, and he's able to make culverins which just shit on my comp at that point. I play the fight like a wet noodle, and that becomes a trend as I lose pretty much every engagement thereafter. I played directly into my opponents hand strategically; I gave him way too much time and didn't assemble the GG timing that would've won the game at the 13 minute mark. I got cocky thinking I could win the lategame, and managed the fights very poorly. Chati also managed his artillery very well and did a good job playing to his wincon. Wp.
‏‏‎
Attachments
[EP8-2 SP] NxWorries[CH] vs M4du37[FR] - ESOC Hudson Bay.age3yrec
(586.07 KiB) Downloaded 85 times
ESOC Hudson Bay
ESOC Hudson Bay
Length: 28 minutes
France [Armag] diarouga
Ninja
NWC LAN Gold
ESO: diarouga

Post by [Armag] diarouga »

You should avoid the 2 crows shipment in general. Rattans and changdaos/arquebusiers shipments are much better, even defensively.