Strange Game Bugs

United States of America SoldieR
Pro Player
ESO: SoldieR

Strange Game Bugs

Post by SoldieR »

Take a look at these clips. I have the first bug quite often. I use different military buildings in the same control group and at times my rally points don't work.
https://clips.twitch.tv/GiftedAbstemiousMochaFrankerZ

Then this next one is very odd. Idle vils in TC with no idle vil banner, and then when he ages up there is no notification sound, that one not such a big deal.
https://clips.twitch.tv/FlaccidDifficul ... theUnicorn

https://clips.twitch.tv/SmoothBillowingSpiderBIRB

I believe you can even see a vil in the 3rd clip back herding when instructed to do otherwise earlier.

Anyone experience these and have a reason for them?
United States of America giveuanxiety
Advanced Player
Donator 02
ESO: GiveUAnxiety

Re: Strange Game Bugs

Post by giveuanxiety »

Yep at that first clip. I didn’t think I was crazy, that seems to happen a lot to me. I would have to look into it more. Maybe it does that if you set the gather point before the military building is done being built and that’s what causes it for me, but I don’t think that’s the case
Lasol wrote: :hmm: just Saw a YouTube video with giveyouanexiaty. He Said check youre stove, if you Want to improve youre aoe3 skills.

WHAT does check your stove means? And how do you do it?
France Guigs
Tournament Admin
ESO: Guigs

Post by Guigs »

Wait why do you put several millitary buildings in the same control group ?

European Union aaryngend
Howdah
Clan: N3O

Re:

Post by aaryngend »

Lecastete wrote:Wait why do you put several millitary buildings in the same control group ?
So he can switch between them after hitting the assigned control group number and tabbing through them with the Tab key. That way he doesn't need a different group for each type of building.
Latvia harcha
Gendarme
ESO: hatamoto_samurai

Post by harcha »

@edeholland fix this 15y old game pls
POC wrote:Also I most likely know a whole lot more than you.
POC wrote:Also as an objective third party, and near 100% accuracy of giving correct information, I would say my opinions are more reliable than yours.
Germany aligator92
Howdah
ESO: aligator92

Post by aligator92 »

Concerning the backherd, i am pretty sure the deer just walked all the way to the other side of the herd while your vill was approaching. When you shift-clicked on it, it is next to the treasure, but when you see the vill backherd, there is no deer in that position anymore.
Germany aligator92
Howdah
ESO: aligator92

Post by aligator92 »

And I think the idle vills stem from the fact that you clicked them back onto the mine before they went into the tc, but because of some lag delay, they went into the tc first. So I guess the game thinks they are on their way back to the mine (i.e. not idle). Maybe that is also why vills that try to fit onto a full berry bush are not shown as idle. They are on their way to the bush but never get there because they don't fit.
France Kaiserklein
Pro Player
GameRanger ID: 5529322

Post by Kaiserklein »

Yeah idk I've been experiencing so many bugs on EP recently. Especially units getting literally stuck even though there's room for them to move. Vils will sometimes refuse to garrison in your tc. And just overall very buggy pathing (buggier than usual). I've had the idle vils bug too, it's annoying. I don't recall having the rally point bug though.

I dunno if I just notice these bugs more atm, or if I've been unlucky with them, or if it's due to EP changing some stuff. But it kinda sucks to lose vils, or sometimes even the game (legit had 3 wws that refused to move so I lost), because of these bugs
LoOk_tOm wrote:I have something in particular against Kaisar (GERMANY NOOB mercenary LAMME FOREVER) And the other people (noobs) like suck kaiser ... just this ..
Great Britain Black_Duck
Dragoon
ESO: Tom
Clan: DUKC

Post by Black_Duck »

I had a bug the other day where 3 vills got stuck in a built tp. Not sure if others have experienced it or it was just a weird one off.
Challenged_Macro wrote: Respect Mussolini guys,if hes triggered there is always a reason.
Mussolini wrote: I hope corona gets you, your family and all your fuckin relatives as you fuckin deserve it for being cocky
Latvia harcha
Gendarme

Post by harcha »

Kaiserklein wrote:Yeah idk I've been experiencing so many bugs on EP recently. Especially units getting literally stuck even though there's room for them to move. Vils will sometimes refuse to garrison in your tc. And just overall very buggy pathing (buggier than usual). I've had the idle vils bug too, it's annoying. I don't recall having the rally point bug though.

I dunno if I just notice these bugs more atm, or if I've been unlucky with them, or if it's due to EP changing some stuff. But it kinda sucks to lose vils, or sometimes even the game (legit had 3 wws that refused to move so I lost), because of these bugs
if you're talking about the game vs spain on your stream then i would disagree on the last point.

generally i don't think any of these bugs are anyhow related to EP, i think we are just noticing them more the more we play and the older this game becomes
POC wrote:Also as an objective third party, and near 100% accuracy of giving correct information, I would say my opinions are more reliable than yours.
Latvia harcha
Gendarme

Post by harcha »

Black_Duck wrote:I had a bug the other day where 3 vills got stuck in a built tp. Not sure if others have experienced it or it was just a weird one off.
the author has had this happen to them also
IAmSoldieR wrote:This is a first for me
https://clips.twitch.tv/GiantMoistRamenCharlieBitMe
France Kaiserklein
Pro Player

Post by Kaiserklein »

Just too illustrate what I'm saying. My shit bugs like that 3 times in 1 stream, and I've had this kind of stuff on a regular basis recently. Could probably find more of these on other streams but it takes too long
LoOk_tOm wrote:I have something in particular against Kaisar (GERMANY NOOB mercenary LAMME FOREVER) And the other people (noobs) like suck kaiser ... just this ..
Latvia harcha
Gendarme

Post by harcha »

yeah that's just aoe3 things. the way obstruction radius and simultaneous pathing calculations for multiple units mix with enemy and gaia units is what makes this game truly special. and the fact that you could see cavalry in the aoe4 teaser bug out doesn't give much hope for the next installment as well :D
European Union aaryngend
Howdah

Post by aaryngend »

harcha wrote:generally i don't think any of these bugs are anyhow related to EP, i think we are just noticing them more the more we play and the older this game becomes
I disagree here, people played the game a lot back then and these bugs practically never happened. It was very seldom. Some of these bugs described in this thread seem to be of the newer sort. The only one I remember happening a tiny bit more often was a unit stuck in a coin mine. Some games you even start without a TC (not talking about Plymouth here), though that never happened to me, but to others :biggrin:
These things occuring more often now are very likely due to the EP changing a lot of mechanics, some which are interfering with the very fundamentals of the game, causing erratic behaviour.
Latvia harcha
Gendarme

Post by harcha »

aaryngend wrote:
harcha wrote:generally i don't think any of these bugs are anyhow related to EP, i think we are just noticing them more the more we play and the older this game becomes
I disagree here, people played the game a lot back then and these bugs practically never happened. It was very seldom. Some of these bugs described in this thread seem to be of the newer sort.
These things occuring more often now are very likely due to the EP changing a lot of mechanics, some which are interfering with the very fundamentals of the game, causing erratic behaviour.
there certainly have been bugs all the time, and EP doesn't really change mechanics apart from revamping sioux a number of times.
European Union aaryngend
Howdah

Post by aaryngend »

harcha wrote:
aaryngend wrote:
I disagree here, people played the game a lot back then and these bugs practically never happened. It was very seldom. Some of these bugs described in this thread seem to be of the newer sort.
there certainly have been bugs all the time, and EP doesn't really change mechanics apart from revamping sioux a number of times.
SoldieR has been playing for all these years.. do you really think it took him close to 15 years to experience these bugs so often? That he started the thread just now ? Despite the game being the same for 10+ years already?
Latvia harcha
Gendarme

Post by harcha »

aaryngend wrote:
harcha wrote:
Show hidden quotes
SoldieR has been playing for all these years.. do you really think it took him close to 15 years to experience these bugs so often? That he started the thread just now ? Despite the game being the same for 10+ years already?
i've also been playing for a respectable amount of time. what i'm saying is that i've experienced waypoints not working, units getting stuck in objects and pathing being bad even back in 2012 while playing treaty games. so in line with that i suspect that the idle flag not appearing also shouldn't be caused by EP as it just doesn't seem too related. but now that you mention it it does seem that this idle units not appearing has gained more traction recently - from soldiers post, form my own experience (playing china), from other people (i.e. sirmusket) mentioning that they forget villagers inside the chinese villages.
European Union aaryngend
Howdah

Post by aaryngend »

harcha wrote:i've also been playing for a respectable amount of time. what i'm saying is that i've experienced waypoints not working, units getting stuck in objects and pathing being bad even back in 2012 while playing treaty games. so in line with that i suspect that the idle flag not appearing also shouldn't be caused by EP as it just doesn't seem too related.
That's what spaghetti code can do to a game. Even though they are not related on paper, they technically still are, somehow. Sometimes you change X and meanwhile, in a completely different field, Y behaves differently.
harcha wrote:but now that you mention it it does seem that this idle units not appearing has gained more traction recently - from soldiers post, form my own experience (playing china), from other people (i.e. sirmusket) mentioning that they forget villagers inside the chinese villages.
That's what I mean: similar bugs like this have always been in the game, but it seems like recently, they happen more often and/or new variations of those bugs appear.
France Kaiserklein
Pro Player

Post by Kaiserklein »

harcha wrote:there certainly have been bugs all the time, and EP doesn't really change mechanics apart from revamping sioux a number of times.
Aoe3 was ofc always buggy but not to that point. I've never had so many bugs. I just played some 8 players obs on nilla and it felt extremely smooth compared to EP, isn't that weird? Also the maps loaded like 5x faster. I wonder if EP doesn't just add a lot of computer lag because of how much extra stuff it added, and that lag would cause the game to bug more.

Also EP may very well have changed the way some mechanics work, I dunno why you'd say it didn't? What are you basing that claim on? As far as I know they have been tweaking a lot of core things by basically bypassing the source code. Who knows how that impacts the game? And even more simple changes, such as all units animations now working properly when you attack move (they used to just stand idle) might add a lot of lag in fights. Or that "IGC target" they spawn in every game. And for example, games casted on maps with the obs UI are confirmed to be laggier.
I'm not saying I'm sure it's because of EP, but you can't say you're sure it's not.

Anyway, how often have you seen 3-4 vils getting stuck in a TP? I think I had never seen that before. Or even just units getting stuck in a house, I know it happens from time to time, but it seems to happen a lot atm. We all know how buggy the game can be when there's computer lag... It just seems to me like EP adds some.
France Kaiserklein
Pro Player

Post by Kaiserklein »

harcha wrote:i've also been playing for a respectable amount of time. what i'm saying is that i've experienced waypoints not working, units getting stuck in objects and pathing being bad even back in 2012 while playing treaty games. so in line with that i suspect that the idle flag not appearing also shouldn't be caused by EP as it just doesn't seem too related. but now that you mention it it does seem that this idle units not appearing has gained more traction recently - from soldiers post, form my own experience (playing china), from other people (i.e. sirmusket) mentioning that they forget villagers inside the chinese villages.
Yeah so that's in line with what I just posted. Treaty games are so demanding for computers and tend to lag like shit. So you end up having vils not building shit, units not moving, or randomly moving somewhere accross the map. Vils getting stuck in mills all the time. Seems strangely similar to what we experience on EP sometimes... Aoe3 is an old game and kinda hard to run, I wonder if EP isn't making it harder by kinda pushing the engine to its limits. Maybe the game needs to be more optimized first (e.g DE)
Great Britain Riotcoke
Retired Contributor
ECL Reigning ChampsDonator 01
ESO: Riotcoke
Clan: UwU

Post by Riotcoke »

Yeah i feel the vill walking like retards happens especially with settler wagons, happens all the time when there's like 1 unit in front of them and they just stop for 10 seconds.

twitch.tv/stangoesdeepTV
Australia Hazza54321
Pro Player
Winter Champion 2020 x2Donator 01
ESO: PrinceofBabu

Post by Hazza54321 »

Idk from what i can tell the rally point bug seems to happen if you put multiple buildings in the same group like rax and stable. Just guessing here though as both gua and soldier are the only ones to experience this bug and also the ones to group buildings
Armenia Sargsyan
Jaeger
Donator 01
ESO: lamergamer
Clan: c0ns

Post by Sargsyan »

yeah different type buildings causes it
krichk wrote:For some reason, you want the world to know that you're brave enough to challenge Challenger_Marco
India Challenger_Marco
ESOC Media Team
ESO: challenger_marco

Post by Challenger_Marco »

IAmSoldieR wrote: I believe you can even see a vil in the 3rd clip back herding when instructed to do otherwise earlier.

Anyone experience these and have a reason for them?
Yeah happens to me all time when i shift click and try to herd but shoots in opposite direction ,happens more often to me i thought it was my mouse dicking around but seems like its a shift click bug.
:nwc:
Latvia harcha
Gendarme

Post by harcha »

Sargsyan wrote:yeah different type buildings causes it
probably,
i remember putting both buildings in the same group when i started out using groups but soon changed that due to some issues making units. even whilst having different hotkeys between all inf and all cav units it still didn't seem to work right