Re: Strange Game Bugs

Post by SoldieR »

Ya only one building ques off of hotkeys, but that I can work around
Latvia harcha
Gendarme
ESO: hatamoto_samurai

Post by harcha »

IAmSoldieR wrote:Ya only one building ques off of hotkeys, but that I can work around
just use separate groups for each type of building and you'll have one less bug in your game
POC wrote:Also I most likely know a whole lot more than you.
POC wrote:Also as an objective third party, and near 100% accuracy of giving correct information, I would say my opinions are more reliable than yours.
United States of America SoldieR
Pro Player
ESO: SoldieR

Post by SoldieR »

I think that would negatively affect my macro and micro as I would have to either not use a group for my tc or a unit type. I don't feel comfortable using more than 5 ctrl groups at most times.
Latvia harcha
Gendarme

Post by harcha »

you don't need to use a group for TC as most of the time you only have one TC, so "find TC" hotkey works. i have this set to ~ key (just left of number 1 on most keyboards). this is the same exact change i made when encountering these problems @SoldieR
POC wrote:Also as an objective third party, and near 100% accuracy of giving correct information, I would say my opinions are more reliable than yours.
United States of America SoldieR
Pro Player
ESO: SoldieR

Post by SoldieR »

Yes but then to jump to your tc you need "jump to unit on hotkey" which I really dont want.
When people dont have their TC either centered on ctrl group double tap or hotkey snap, they end up like somp; making a dozen vils to the same idle rally point for 10 min. I cant allow myself to neglect macro like that lol. I need to be able to snap to tc when desired.

The real issue is with the game itself, not me, anyway. In aoeo you could have mtille buildings in ctrl group and tab through them and use hotkeys to question units and it worked perfect. I hope and expect the same with DE3.
Latvia harcha
Gendarme

Post by harcha »

@SoldieR just hit space afterwards, it should be the default "pan to selected unit" key, right? that's what i do constantly, panning to units, to buildings, to idle vils... this is assuming the default way of using the "find" function twice doesn't pan