Most satisfying campaign mission?

No Flag helln00
Howdah
ESO: helln00

Most satisfying campaign mission?

Post by helln00 »

What mission do you find most satisfying to play and how do you complete it?

I always found the second mission of act 2 to be very fun since you can harrass the base with jeagers and then gren rush the base.
France Kaiserklein
Pro Player
GameRanger ID: 5529322

Re: Most satisfying campaign mission?

Post by Kaiserklein »

I just remember having fantastic boners when I was 10, blasting everything away with my massive cannon
Idk what part of the campaign it was
LoOk_tOm wrote:I have something in particular against Kaisar (GERMANY NOOB mercenary LAMME FOREVER) And the other people (noobs) like suck kaiser ... just this ..
Germany Lukas_L99
Pro Player
Donator 01
ESO: Lukas_L99

Post by Lukas_L99 »

Never played the AoE3 campaign
Armenia Sargsyan
Jaeger
Donator 01
ESO: lamergamer
Clan: c0ns

Post by Sargsyan »

i remember once starting an asian campaign where you fight infantry from behind the walls with mortars and was wondering why the infantry wont die
krichk wrote:For some reason, you want the world to know that you're brave enough to challenge Challenger_Marco
European Union Scroogie
Lancer
ESO: Scroogie
GameRanger ID: 10056919

Post by Scroogie »

Where you defend the fort vs the Mexicans
Me being slightly ahead vs H2O: Image
Great Britain Riotcoke
Retired Contributor
ECL Reigning ChampsDonator 01
ESO: Riotcoke
Clan: UwU

Post by Riotcoke »

Best mission is the act 2 part 2 as you can just snare the enemy's covered wagon and insta win.

twitch.tv/stangoesdeepTV
Vietnam duckzilla
Jaeger

Post by duckzilla »

The vanilla/twc missions were crap imo. The only mission I enjoyed was the Indian one.

I think the developers' failure to do a proper campaign was another nail in the coffin for long-term success of aoe3, together with the card system depending on hc lvl.
Whatever is written above: this is no financial advice.

Beati pauperes spiritu.
Russia yurashic
Howdah
ESO: Yurashic

Post by yurashic »

duckzilla wrote:The vanilla/twc missions were crap imo. The only mission I enjoyed was the Indian one.

I think the developers' failure to do a proper campaign was another nail in the coffin for long-term success of aoe3, together with the card system depending on hc lvl.
Strange, I really like the campaign. The speedrun Interjection did was very cool. I like the Malta knights campaign, the Sioux campaign and the Japan and China campaigns the most.
Australia Hazza54321
Pro Player
Winter Champion 2020 x2Donator 01
ESO: PrinceofBabu

Post by Hazza54321 »

i liked the japanese and the indian one, the rest were kinda shit
France iNcog
Ninja

Post by iNcog »

The fictional AOE3 campaign was such a huge let down. Historical campaigns are much better.
YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/incog_aoe
Garja wrote:
20 Mar 2020, 21:46
I just hope DE is not going to implement all of the EP changes. Right now it is a big clusterfuck.
Vietnam duckzilla
Jaeger

Post by duckzilla »

I really love the aoe2 campaigns exactly for that. Recently bought DE edition mainly to play all the dozens of high quality campaigns. It is really damn nice to replay them after 20 years and most of them got even better than before.

Beati pauperes spiritu.
Holy See Imperial Noob
Lancer

Post by Imperial Noob »

I like the nilla campaings because of the uniqueness of factions and rather bonkers but cool stories. The TWC ones barely got a replay. TAD ones feel too close to supremacy, only with worse decks and more constraints. The Chinese one is my favourite because it's based on the crackpot 1421 book.

The biggest problem is that:
1. all of them are easy and can be speed-ran, often in very anti-climactic ways
2. nilla decks cannot be edited
Canada dansil92
Retired Contributor
ESO: dansil92

Post by dansil92 »

I like the china one, the missions were the most interesting and those azzy units are pretty strong to play against with china. I do think that campaign is the reason why qiang on tad have a smaller bonus against light infantry, so i think if i replayed on EP it might ne easier
Germany aligator92
Howdah
ESO: aligator92

Post by aligator92 »

I think china is also the most interesting to me. As 3 out of 5 are among the hardest ones.
No Flag Djigit
Howdah

Post by Djigit »

TAD campaign is very disappointing. Nilla and TWC are both good.
I liked the nilla Act II campaign the most.
Holy See Imperial Noob
Lancer

Post by Imperial Noob »

TWC completely destroyed euro campaign opponents tho. Saloons should be set to unobtainable for these bots
United States of America occamslightsaber
Retired Contributor
ESO: L1BERTYPR1ME

Post by occamslightsaber »

Kaiserklein wrote:I just remember having fantastic boners when I was 10, blasting everything away with my massive cannon
Probably the last part of the first Vanilla campaign, where you get to use the huge stationary cannon to destroy the fountain of youth.
The scientific term for China creating free units is Mitoe-sis.

I intend all my puns.
Great Britain chris1089
Retired Contributor
ESO: chris1089

Post by chris1089 »

I quite enjoyed the campaign's. I don't think I started playing online until a couple of years after I first got the game. Since then I have replayed all the campaigns through a couple of times. The big gun on the first series was good. I also particularly liked the China and Japan campaigns.
Canada dansil92
Retired Contributor
ESO: dansil92

Post by dansil92 »

Japan had a pretty cool campaign except that you were just mirroring japanese units so it felt a little weird. The ai loves those samurai
Australia Peachrocks
Lancer
ESO: Peachrocks

Post by Peachrocks »

iNcog wrote:The fictional AOE3 campaign was such a huge let down. Historical campaigns are much better.
Yup I totally agree but the problem is how do you make good historical campaigns for the Americas from the European perspective?

I mean sure you’ve got those pricks Pizarro and Cortez destroying entire cultures but I’d really hate playing that and they already did this from the Aztec viewpoint in aoc.

Then what? Really while the colonisation of the Americas is a great hook for a game idea because of the imagination and the huge what if Prussia, Russia or the Ottomans got involved, the historical side of it as far as I know didn’t have that much to it that wasn’t the Europeans being massive pricks to natives. Though that said, less little known stories could work and I know of a few but they wouldn’t have the scope of things like Joan of Arc or Saladin.

There wasn’t the whole lot of major powers fighting over things until the end of the period with the seven years war and then the revolutions which only came into it near the end of the period. A lot of the fighting the European powers did took place in Europe for obvious reasons.

There could be ways you could spin some of the events that happen in the Americas but I can understand why they went with a fictional story, even if I wished they tried a little harder, I’m sure a creative mind could have done something.

They shouldn’t have continued with it in TWC though, you had plenty of good material for the Native Americans. Though the Aztecs should never have been picked to be in TWC, they had their time in AoC. Should have been the Mapuche, Tupi or another prominent South American. Inca maybe but only if a what if the Inca survived theme was explored. Not using spears and slings in the Industrial Age.
Vietnam duckzilla
Jaeger

Post by duckzilla »

I think there was a lot of potential for historic campaigns from European perspectives. The first major (and stupid) decision was that developers apparently wanted everything to take place in the Americas (and then deviated themselves by having Malta among the first missions, wtf?).

Good missions could have been:
  • The conquest of Mexico. Plot: the Spanish arrive in the bay of Mexico and hear about a rich city brutally oppressing everyone else. Driven by both their desire for gold and the natives who encourage them, hoping to lift the Aztec oppression, they start an expedition. There is so much potential here, you could also include stories/missions which include inadvertent spread of diseases and Spanish missionaries interpreting the disease as God's sign of superiority, thereby driving natives to catholic religion. Over the course of the campaign, the Spanish ally with the many different local tribes, get to Tenochtitlan, are driven out again, and finally siege and conquer the city with the help of local allies. The campaign ends with this victory and in a last scene, it becomes clear that the Spanish never intended to liberate Mexico, but to replace the Aztecs as (less brutal) rulers.
  • British privateers in the caribbean and the battle of the Armada: after acquiring their colonies in the Americas, the Spanish started to bring their wealth to Europe with treasure fleets. British privateers started to raid these. Further, the two clashed for religious reasons and the famous Armada was sent to conquer England. I think there is a lot of potential for a campaign here and you could even include Dutch (Spanish Netherlands!) and French. There could be multiple theaters of war, e.g. the Caribbean and the English channel.
  • The Portuguese conquest of Oman: While this was already one of the missions in aoe2, you could make it bigger and include battles against the Ottomans, whose traders dominated the arabian seas beforehand.
  • The War of the Spanish Succession should further allow for various campaigns. Just pick any party, they fought pretty much everywhere.
  • The Seven Years War: Same as above. Again a lot of France vs UK in the colonies (French+Iroquois?), the miracle of the house of Brandenburg, etc.
  • The Dutch conquest of Indonesia (again, there were local allies)
  • The British conquest of India
  • The Russian expansion towards the East and its clashes with China
There is so much potential for nice campaigns which would fit into the colonial theme without solely showing brutal European oppression.

Beati pauperes spiritu.
Switzerland sebnan12
Jaeger
ESO: Mongobillione

Post by sebnan12 »

Hazza54321 wrote:i liked the japanese and the indian one, the rest were kinda shit
ye the indian one is so cool. also those are the only campaigns that are kinda challenging if u wanna get all goals.
"Why are you trying to lecture me on my own language, no wonder you people shit in the open street."- Riotcoke

''man he's slow rolling him more than a fish on a royal flush'' - Garja

NEED MORE XP
Great Britain samwise12
Pro Player
Summer 2015 winner
ESO: Samwise12

Post by samwise12 »

Kaiserklein wrote:I just remember having fantastic boners when I was 10, blasting everything away with my massive cannon
this explains a lot
Germany lordraphael
Pro Player
EWTNWC LAN SilverAdvanced Division WinnerDonator 01

Post by lordraphael »

duckzilla wrote:I think there was a lot of potential for historic campaigns from European perspectives. The first major (and stupid) decision was that developers apparently wanted everything to take place in the Americas (and then deviated themselves by having Malta among the first missions, wtf?).

Good missions could have been:
  • The conquest of Mexico. Plot: the Spanish arrive in the bay of Mexico and hear about a rich city brutally oppressing everyone else. Driven by both their desire for gold and the natives who encourage them, hoping to lift the Aztec oppression, they start an expedition. There is so much potential here, you could also include stories/missions which include inadvertent spread of diseases and Spanish missionaries interpreting the disease as God's sign of superiority, thereby driving natives to catholic religion. Over the course of the campaign, the Spanish ally with the many different local tribes, get to Tenochtitlan, are driven out again, and finally siege and conquer the city with the help of local allies. The campaign ends with this victory and in a last scene, it becomes clear that the Spanish never intended to liberate Mexico, but to replace the Aztecs as (less brutal) rulers.
  • British privateers in the caribbean and the battle of the Armada: after acquiring their colonies in the Americas, the Spanish started to bring their wealth to Europe with treasure fleets. British privateers started to raid these. Further, the two clashed for religious reasons and the famous Armada was sent to conquer England. I think there is a lot of potential for a campaign here and you could even include Dutch (Spanish Netherlands!) and French. There could be multiple theaters of war, e.g. the Caribbean and the English channel.
  • The Portuguese conquest of Oman: While this was already one of the missions in aoe2, you could make it bigger and include battles against the Ottomans, whose traders dominated the arabian seas beforehand.
  • The War of the Spanish Succession should further allow for various campaigns. Just pick any party, they fought pretty much everywhere.
  • The Seven Years War: Same as above. Again a lot of France vs UK in the colonies (French+Iroquois?), the miracle of the house of Brandenburg, etc.
  • The Dutch conquest of Indonesia (again, there were local allies)
  • The British conquest of India
  • The Russian expansion towards the East and its clashes with China
There is so much potential for nice campaigns which would fit into the colonial theme without solely showing brutal European oppression.
you do realize i was a deliberate choice not to make any historical campaigns. also the game is about colonisation yet half of the missions you just described take place in europe
breeze wrote: they cant even guess how much f***ing piece of stupid retarded they look they are trying to give lesson to people who are over pr35 and know the best mu. im pretty sure that we need a page that only pr30+ post and then we could have a nice discussins.
Vietnam duckzilla
Jaeger

Post by duckzilla »

lordraphael wrote:you do realize i was a deliberate choice not to make any historical campaigns. also the game is about colonisation yet half of the missions you just described take place in europe
Sure, but it was a bad and unnecessary choice. The TAD expansion shows that this decision was somewhat changed in the aftermath. The Japanese campaign focuses on the Unification of Japan.
All of the missions I describe can be put into a colonization context. In every of these conflicts, wars in colonies took place.

Beati pauperes spiritu.