Honour Civs

European Union Scroogie
Lancer
ESO: Scroogie
GameRanger ID: 10056919

Honour Civs

Post by Scroogie »

We all know who the lamest civs are, but which civs are honour? For which civs do you feel deep respect when someone selects them?
For me the choice is clear.
Me being slightly ahead vs H2O: Image
France [Armag] diarouga
Ninja
NWC LAN Gold
ESO: diarouga

Re: Honour Civs

Post by [Armag] diarouga »

I guess Dutch.
France Aykin Haraka
Howdah
EWT
ESO: aykin

Post by Aykin Haraka »

stop alcohol
France chronique
Advanced Player
ESO: poissondu44

Post by chronique »

Spain... Or otto because you need a lot of courage to play the civ where you know you will be flamed
No Flag Astaroth
Howdah

Post by Astaroth »

China, otto, japan
Brazil lemmings121
Jaeger
ESO: lemmings121

Post by lemmings121 »

Dutch re qs is aoe3 in hardmode.
India TNT333
Lancer
ESO: TNT333

Post by TNT333 »

China
"We are kings or pawns" Napoleon Bonaparte
India _RDX_
Lancer
ESO: _RDX_

Post by _RDX_ »

Japan
oranges.
No Flag deleted_user
Ninja

Post by deleted_user »

It's literally brit. I won't accept any other answers.

You either get an eco on par with everyone else and are way slower, or you must boom and have to defend tons of spread out vills, vie for early map control, all without a fast age option, and needing to spend 1200 res just to upgrade your units when you do age. It's simply harder to queue into every game knowing youll be behind in military/technology/map control, because you either have to rapidly develop your economy or be worse. Haters are everyone who lets that happen, or folks who over commit against a manor boom when that same BO would lose against every other match up because it is bad. Mostly brit wins because the players playing brit are good, or their opponents are bad, or the maps are too rich.

You don't have the defensive fortifications of port, nor the flexibility of japan and india and france and iro and germany and spain and others. There is no age 2 400w politician. Brit water boom is actually pretty bad and at best mediocre. Maybe dutch is the only other "honorable" option but they don't have to leave their base for 20 mins. Sioux is pretty trash but there is a lot of room to abuse broken units. Aztec can do brain dead rushes and win a lot of games.

The things said of brit are pretty true at all ranks.
India Challenger_Marco
ESOC Media Team
ESO: challenger_marco

Post by Challenger_Marco »

French
:nwc:
Mexico Kap_AOE3
Musketeer
ESO: _Kap
GameRanger ID: 9118960

Post by Kap_AOE3 »

I agree with Callen, British are the real men´s civ.
:pop:
France [Armag] diarouga
Ninja
NWC LAN Gold
ESO: diarouga

Post by [Armag] diarouga »

The brit musk rush is super low skill, but I agree overall, playing brit at high level is impressive.
India TNT333
Lancer
ESO: TNT333

Post by TNT333 »

[Armag] diarouga wrote:The brit musk rush is super low skill, but I agree overall, playing brit at high level is impressive.
I always considered Britain as the average civ that everyone knew and used when first playing aoe3, something like the common civ for everyone since the tutorial is also in British
"We are kings or pawns" Napoleon Bonaparte
Great Britain chris1089
Retired Contributor
ESO: chris1089

Post by chris1089 »

TNT333 wrote:
[Armag] diarouga wrote:The brit musk rush is super low skill, but I agree overall, playing brit at high level is impressive.
I always considered Britain as the average civ that everyone knew and used when first playing aoe3, something like the common civ for everyone since the tutorial is also in British
Brits is hard. I always struggle with any game that goes to fortress.
Switzerland sebnan12
Jaeger
ESO: Mongobillione

Post by sebnan12 »

It's literally japs. I won't accept any other answers.

You either get an eco on par with everyone else and are way slower, or you must boom and have to defend few vills in your base, no need for early map control, all with a great age up option, and needing to spend 1200 res just to upgrade your units when you do age. It's simply harder to queue into every game knowing youll be ahead in military/technology/map control, because you either have to rapidly develop your economy or be worse. Haters are everyone who lets that happen, or folks who over commit against a shrine boom when that same BO would lose against every other match up because it is bad. Mostly jap wins because the players playing jap are good, or their opponents are bad, or the maps are too rich.

You don't have the defensive fortifications of port, nor the flexibility of brits and india and france and iro and germany and spain and others. There is no age 2 400w politician. jap water boom is actually pretty bad and at best mediocre. Maybe dutch is the only other "honorable" option but they don't have to leave their base for 20 mins. Sioux is fucking lame, there is a lot of room to abuse broken units. Aztec can do brain dead rushes and win a lot of games.

The things said of jap are pretty true at all ranks.
"Why are you trying to lecture me on my own language, no wonder you people shit in the open street."- Riotcoke

''man he's slow rolling him more than a fish on a royal flush'' - Garja

NEED MORE XP
China fei123456
Jaeger
ESO: fei123456

Post by fei123456 »

RE Japan is far from "fair" with tons of bugs and lame map control.
European Union aaryngend
Howdah
Clan: N3O

Post by aaryngend »

sebnan12 wrote:It's literally japs. I won't accept any other answers.

You either get an eco on par with everyone else and are way slower, or you must boom and have to defend few vills in your base, no need for early map control, all with a great age up option, and needing to spend 1200 res just to upgrade your units when you do age. It's simply harder to queue into every game knowing youll be ahead in military/technology/map control, because you either have to rapidly develop your economy or be worse. Haters are everyone who lets that happen, or folks who over commit against a shrine boom when that same BO would lose against every other match up because it is bad. Mostly jap wins because the players playing jap are good, or their opponents are bad, or the maps are too rich.

You don't have the defensive fortifications of port, nor the flexibility of brits and india and france and iro and germany and spain and others. There is no age 2 400w politician. jap water boom is actually pretty bad and at best mediocre. Maybe dutch is the only other "honorable" option but they don't have to leave their base for 20 mins. Sioux is fucking lame, there is a lot of room to abuse broken units. Aztec can do brain dead rushes and win a lot of games.

The things said of jap are pretty true at all ranks.
And thus... a new copypasta was born! ;)
fei123456 wrote:RE Japan is far from "fair" with tons of bugs and lame map control.
I think you didn't notice sebnan12 created a new copypasta (Thanks to SirCallen) :smile:
Canada dansil92
Retired Contributor
ESO: dansil92

Post by dansil92 »

It's literally India. I won't accept any other answers.

You either get an eco on par with everyone else and are way slower, or you must boom and have to defend few vills in your base, no need for early map control, all with a great age up option, and needing to spend 1200 res just to upgrade your units when you do age. It's simply harder to queue into every game knowing youll be ahead in military/technology/map control, because you either have to rapidly develop your economy or be worse. Haters are everyone who lets that happen, or folks who over commit against a defensive agra when that same BO would lose against every other match up because it is bad. Mostly india wins because the players playing india are good, or their opponents are bad, or the maps are too rich.

You don't have the defensive fortifications of port, nor the flexibility of brits and japan and france and iro and germany and spain and others. India water boom is actually pretty bad and at best mediocre. Maybe dutch is the only other "honorable" option but they don't have to leave their base for 20 mins. Sioux is lame, there is a lot of room to abuse broken units. Aztec can do brain dead rushes and win a lot of games.

The things said of india are pretty true at all ranks.
India _RDX_
Lancer
ESO: _RDX_

Post by _RDX_ »

Mongo: you can copy my homework but make it a little different so that it's not the same.
dansil92: yeah it looks different now.
oranges.
Great Britain Riotcoke
Retired Contributor
ECL Reigning ChampsDonator 01
ESO: Riotcoke
Clan: UwU

Post by Riotcoke »

It's Brit or Dutch.

twitch.tv/stangoesdeepTV
Great Britain RuinousEdge
Musketeer
ESO: Ruinous_Edge

Post by RuinousEdge »

It's literally Ottomans!VIKINGS. I won't accept any other answers.
!vikings, glory to Valhalla and GUA!!!!
Colombia Arcuskike
Crossbow

Post by Arcuskike »

For me, Germans!!
No Flag howlingwolfpaw
Jaeger

Post by howlingwolfpaw »

For FFA: on (RE)

Iros- you play it either as a very aggressive civ early on that fizzles out in late game, or have to risk booming for an hour to gain OP native status to take advantage of their 119 vil capacity. Depending on so much wood can be a problem and trying to gather coin from plantations in a mid late game without a fur trade really hurts when you have to make so many cannon and mantlets and ranged cav

Dutch- very strong early game but will be out paced later on so they depend on a solid positive kill ratio and rarely have the economy to defeat more than 1-2 players if fighting consecutively. They have some weak spot timing wise after going to imperial where they need a lot of wood and coin to get their upgrades