new map

France chronique
Advanced Player
ESO: poissondu44

Re: new map

Post by chronique »

So you agree if the map can be played only by 2-3 civ?
No Flag Astaroth
Howdah

Post by Astaroth »

Do we know that for sure? I mean, sometimes meta and maps need time to develop. Not too long ago, Sioux vs Otto was considered like this:

Otto can basically only do double rax jans, but if Sioux gets to RR, Otto is dead.

Now, people go CA/Abus (and that has only been a common thing for like 1-2 years) and the MU might be even.

Maybe it's the same with the map, it just needs to be explored a bit.
Great Britain Black_Duck
Dragoon
ESO: Tom
Clan: DUKC

Post by Black_Duck »

EAGLEMUT wrote:
Black_Duck wrote:Guatemala is
No it isn't :hmm: :hmm:
I don't know what map pool you guys are playing, but it's not the Standard Maps pool, that's for sure.
Yep, you're right :)
Challenged_Macro wrote: Respect Mussolini guys,if hes triggered there is always a reason.
Mussolini wrote: I hope corona gets you, your family and all your fuckin relatives as you fuckin deserve it for being cocky
Australia Hazza54321
Pro Player
Winter Champion 2020 x2Donator 01
ESO: PrinceofBabu

Post by Hazza54321 »

Astaroth wrote:Do we know that for sure? I mean, sometimes meta and maps need time to develop. Not too long ago, Sioux vs Otto was considered like this:

Otto can basically only do double rax jans, but if Sioux gets to RR, Otto is dead.

Now, people go CA/Abus (and that has only been a common thing for like 1-2 years) and the MU might be even.

Maybe it's the same with the map, it just needs to be explored a bit.
The mu still sucks when going ca abus
Spain pérez
Pro Player
ESO: Pérez

Post by pérez »

in otto vs sioux CA abu just worked couse ppl as sioux in the tourneys went blindly ff rifles riders like bots so they lost to CA abu, if they would have adapted to br wakina it is still a hard MU
No Flag Astaroth
Howdah

Post by Astaroth »

Yeah, that's all fine, I'm just saying maybe the map needs to be explored more. For a long time, people didn't know the importance of tps after all.
No Flag Astaroth
Howdah

Post by Astaroth »

The Knusch vs Miggo otto vs iro final game on Yalu river was just great. Some people in chat whined about how the map was so unfair, how a frigate and sea control was so lame etc.

But what did we see:

- we saw one player going for a civ that can be really strong on this map on land early on (iro), but without many water options (at least w/o the right cards)
- we saw one player using a galley age up and water deck, another using a land deck w/o 3 privateers
- we saw one player going full standard (essentially iro FF) and the other playing to the map, using his galley and later frigate for support, constantly ferrying units around and raiding
- we saw one player immediately using the other side of the map, building TCs there, and the other one never even building a dock or WH on the shore (before the frigate was out) nor trying to ferry over.

In short: one guy played full land-standard, the other utilized the map. And the latter player won.

Now I'm not saying that this map is necessarily fully balanced in all MUs nor do I want to flame any player (Miggo is probably in my top3 favorite players). But for me it is amazing if a game is decided by: playing 100 % to the map, abusing your opponent's strategic mistakes (going land deck e.g.), rather than just by having the best standard BO and best micro.
France Le Hussard sur le toit
Howdah
ESO: LeHussardsurletoit

Post by Le Hussard sur le toit »

Astaroth wrote:The Knusch vs Miggo otto vs iro final game on Yalu river was just great. Some people in chat whined about how the map was so unfair, how a frigate and sea control was so lame etc.

But what did we see:

- we saw one player going for a civ that can be really strong on this map on land early on (iro), but without many water options (at least w/o the right cards)
- we saw one player using a galley age up and water deck, another using a land deck w/o 3 privateers
- we saw one player going full standard (essentially iro FF) and the other playing to the map, using his galley and later frigate for support, constantly ferrying units around and raiding
- we saw one player immediately using the other side of the map, building TCs there, and the other one never even building a dock or WH on the shore (before the frigate was out) nor trying to ferry over.

In short: one guy played full land-standard, the other utilized the map. And the latter player won.

Now I'm not saying that this map is necessarily fully balanced in all MUs nor do I want to flame any player (Miggo is probably in my top3 favorite players). But for me it is amazing if a game is decided by: playing 100 % to the map, abusing your opponent's strategic mistakes (going land deck e.g.), rather than just by having the best standard BO and best micro.

Could not agree more.
ESOC : came for the game, stayed for the drama.