Guide to keep calm after losing

India _RDX_
Lancer
ESO: _RDX_

Post by _RDX_ »

Did you lose to someone who is lower in rank than you? Do you think your opponent used a very lame strategy to win you? Did you lose to a troll? Do your team mates blame everything on you for losing the game? Do you feel the pain of almost winning a game but then losing in the end cause of a minor error? Have you been losing lot of games in a row? Then this post is definitely for you.

Imagine that our brain is the CPU and when you add too many tasks to perform like having fucking 100 chrome tabs open, it will push its limits. There's too much pressure. Since Real Time Strategy games are mostly about thinking and executing the long term plan, your brain will perform more than 90%. And when we finish the game which is similar to ending the tasks given to the CPU, the pressure gets relieved. The major difference between the Human Brain and CPU that i can concur is that Human Brain is reactive. Yes, we have emotions. Emotions that have both positive impact and negative impact. And when we lose a game that we had to use above 90% of our brain, it drops to the negative impact of emotions which can Give U Anxiety. And discussing about the positive impact, no one gets tired of winning.....so they want more of it, You get the idea. So you can agree that everyone reacts after losing or winning, it doesn't necessarily have to be in verbal communication.

I think crying out about losing a game and blaming yourself is not a bad thing, It helps you to relive the pressure more quickly. Doing that in every game you lose, is questionable. Maybe the opponent is just better than you, Maybe the civ is not good for that map and Maybe the civ that your opponent picked is better than yours and etc. There are so many reasons that you don't have to blame yourself and if you keep doing it, It will sound abnormal to the players who meet you. Internet is a weird place, you can't expect what can happen every time. So sometimes, we'll have to behave.

Another thing is flaming your opponents and team mates. Yeah you can do that, but just think about how they will react. You will flame him and he will flame you, you want a re with your opponent or a 1v1 with your team mate to show that you're better and you want to pest them. Like hell, even i used to do that for no reason. It sounds really bad. I'm not heading over this topic. Team games in AoE 3 really requires some serious team effort. If one team mate makes a mistake, the entire team loses (unless there's a fucking Japan). So, try not to worry about those games you played perfectly and only managed to lose. Overall, i would say, don't take team games seriously and play them for fun. You gain or lose less PR from playing team games anyway.

Nothing could be more painful than losing to a silly troll and losing a game that you really won in the first place. For me, it's just playing against Japan. As an example, i lost this game against guy recently who kept turking around with his vills, i killed his tc like three times and killed 42 of his vills and then eventually he hit age 4 with resources from shrines. Age 4 japan is no good to play against as you all know and i lost - http://www.agecommunity.com/stats/GameS ... _Supremacy. Then there's another game i lost against iro, He sent this broken ass Town Destroyer card which increases the warchief's siege attack by 1400% and i got trolled with his warchief who was sieging my rax and i wasn't concentrating on it. I realized it only after my rax went down so quickly - http://www.agecommunity.com/stats/GameS ... _Supremacy. Well......shit happens, flaming is ok but i learnt something.

In the end, All you have to do is take a deep breath and realize it is not entirely your fault. Lose but not aimlessly, it is a serious improvement if you get to know your mistakes after losing a game. You have the advantage of gaining something more than the winner. This is what i learnt from top players. Let's agree on one thing, if you lose and keep your calm, you're a pro. If you can control your reactions and understand why and how you lost the game, your emotions will automatically drop to a positive impact after having that serious brain work. This is how you can move forward easily.

With that said, i hope this post helps all players who are trying to cope up with frequent losses in games. Any suggestions are welcome. Thank you for your time.
oranges.
Great Britain chris1089
Retired Contributor
ESO: chris1089

Re: Guide to keep calm after losing

Post by chris1089 »

Play on EP get good, and then go back to RE so you don't lose.
Netherlands Mr_Bramboy
Retired Contributor
Donator 01
ESO: [VOC] Bram

Post by Mr_Bramboy »

It's just a game guys.
Switzerland bobabu
Howdah

Post by bobabu »

Mr_Bramboy wrote:It's just a game guys.
Just flame bramboy and you will feel better trust me
European Union Scroogie
Lancer
ESO: Scroogie
GameRanger ID: 10056919

Post by Scroogie »

When im mad i just go troll lieutenants on RE.
Me being slightly ahead vs H2O: Image
No Flag Astaroth
Howdah

Post by Astaroth »

Just always say gg and leave the game immediately.

Only exception: cheating or really BM, then just quit right away.
India Challenger_Marco
ESOC Media Team
ESO: challenger_marco

Post by Challenger_Marco »

Astaroth wrote:Just always say gg and leave the game immediately.

Only exception: cheating or really BM, then just quit right away.
When lose say nothing n leave doesn't matter ,you don't need to say gg.
:nwc:
Malaysia Aizamk
Pro Player
ESOC WarChiefs Classic 2017

Post by Aizamk »

When I'm mad I...

hmm
oranges.
Latvia harcha
Gendarme
ESO: hatamoto_samurai

Post by harcha »

i assume that my rank is fake and i am actually pr25 so i dont get mad when losing to captains. i only get mad when the opponent displays bad character traits and annoying habbits, like constantly pausing (shoutout to rohbrot and kickass) or whining about mu/ my civ (shoutout to dutchrenegrade and kickass)
POC wrote:Also I most likely know a whole lot more than you.
POC wrote:Also as an objective third party, and near 100% accuracy of giving correct information, I would say my opinions are more reliable than yours.
Switzerland sebnan12
Jaeger
ESO: Mongobillione

Post by sebnan12 »

or lacking any respect or decency at human behaviour at all (shoutout to kickass)
"Why are you trying to lecture me on my own language, no wonder you people shit in the open street."- Riotcoke

''man he's slow rolling him more than a fish on a royal flush'' - Garja

NEED MORE XP
European Union Scroogie
Lancer
ESO: Scroogie
GameRanger ID: 10056919

Post by Scroogie »

or bming after opponent deletes warhut (shoutout to kickass)
Me being slightly ahead vs H2O: Image
India Shikari
Dragoon
ESO: rahuru

Post by Shikari »

And that's how fairly normal thread turns into kickass meme.
Brazil look
Howdah
ESO: LoOk_tOm

Post by look »

@Kaiserklein
Try that ^^
Kaiser sucks
Garja Noob
grunt the best
Kickass God
BSOP OP