Recorded game analysis

Great Britain chris1089
Retired Contributor
ESO: chris1089

Recorded game analysis

Post by chris1089 »

Here is a game I played today. I think I executed my build fairly well. Was I doing the wrong build? How could I have microed the fight better? Any other advice? Could someone tell me how to upload this with all the fancy info?
Attachments
chris1089_French_v_Greatsycthe11_German_Kamchatka.age3Yrec
(404.8 KiB) Downloaded 70 times
ESOC Kamchatka
ESOC Kamchatka
Rules: Supremacy (1v1)
Version: ESOC Patch 8.2
Length: 17 minutes
European Union Scroogie
Lancer
ESO: Scroogie
GameRanger ID: 10056919

Re: Recorded game analysis

Post by Scroogie »

do musk fi it works wonders :D
might watch the replay later
Me being slightly ahead vs H2O: Image
No Flag Astaroth
Howdah

Post by Astaroth »

GS' build is a bit difficult to beat if you don't have good micro (also, he lags). I wouldn't recommend playing age2 and I also don't think classic skirm/goon is the best (again, unless you have good micro).

What seems to work pretty well is essentially (if he goes for like a 2 tp straight FF into greedy timing push with lots of uhlans and some dopps):

Make like 10 pikes age2 to siege the middle tp (if he got it) and defend your vills from uhlans. In age3, make double rax and spam halb/skirm. Make sure to have enough halbs. Also add some goons from a stable. Ship like 1k wood into 2 falc into CC or so (or maybe 8 skirm/5 goon rather). Stay in your base, maybe add a few walls. If he just does his normal "jam a million uhlans, dopps and some skirms in", then having a nice meatshield plus 2 falcs is nice.

This build obviously sucks vs a good player or someone who microes skirm/WW well. But it works pretty good if your micro sucks and the opponent just counts on a cav-heavy all-in deathball.

If GS doesn't commit against this, just mass more army, go CC, eventually some cuirs maybe, add 2nd TC etc. His lategame play is atrocious.
Germany aligator92
Howdah
ESO: aligator92

Post by aligator92 »

At this point GreatScythe should get his own subsection on ESOC
Apparantly he has already replaced Goodspeed as GS
India Shikari
Dragoon
ESO: rahuru

Post by Shikari »

aligator92 wrote:At this point GreatScythe should get his own subsection on ESOC
Yeah I also got confused for a bit there xD.
Btw I would also like to get the answer for how to beat his unit comp. I have beaten him like three times out of maybe 10 times I guess. And everytime it's when I apply a little pressure with some musk huss in colonial, not a lot but just enough to stress him a bit in his base and siege down his tc so like 10 musk and 5 Huss. But whenever i don't pressure him his timing of million ulhan 10 dopps and skirms beat my poor skirm goon cuir army. It's just difficult to micro vs man.
No Flag Astaroth
Howdah

Post by Astaroth »

As I said, a meatshield helps. Try halbs, seriously. With defendees advantage, protected falcs and MM you should hold.

Halbs generally aren't horrible, they only suck because they're slow and get sniped by skirms. But Greatscythe doesn't have many skirms (and you have falcs) and his micro is average at best.

You can ofc also try musks which would be superior in most situations, but vs mass uhlans I feel halbs just deal better.
Italy Blastkiller
Dragoon
ESO: Blastkiller

Post by Blastkiller »

Halberdlers + Skirmishers won't work, he has 2 options he usually does or did. 1) Start making falconets without a tomorrow. 2) He sends 12 Jaegers and therefore you have to cav to counter him
No one will escape from me, from my Russians, neither a troll nor a hacker nor a smurf, they will all give days in front of my strelets
India Shikari
Dragoon
ESO: rahuru

Post by Shikari »

Blastkiller wrote:Halberdlers + Skirmishers won't work, he has 2 options he usually does or did. 1) Start making falconets without a tomorrow. 2) He sends 12 Jaegers and therefore you have to cav to counter him
He definitely doesn't ever have falcs in his first push vs france like ever. I think he has his favourites vs each civ. And vs france he may make falcs afterwards but first push is always and always 10 vet dopps skirms and lots of ulhans.
Italy Blastkiller
Dragoon

Post by Blastkiller »

Ah true, I had a game like that against him, at the beginning I was winning with skirm, dragons and hussars then the situation turns around and I lose
No one will escape from me, from my Russians, neither a troll nor a hacker nor a smurf, they will all give days in front of my strelets
Italy Blastkiller
Dragoon

Post by Blastkiller »

Well, however, Jaeger almost always puts them against me
No Flag Astaroth
Howdah

Post by Astaroth »

He does mostly uhlans vs France.

Also, you can add a foundry yourself if you kill his first push or if you scout a foundry in his base. You will have more cannons bc 2 falcs.

Never seen him use jaegers, but they're not that useful if you have falcs.
Germany aligator92
Howdah
ESO: aligator92

Post by aligator92 »

Shikari wrote:
aligator92 wrote:At this point GreatScythe should get his own subsection on ESOC
Yeah I also got confused for a bit there xD.
Btw I would also like to get the answer for how to beat his unit comp. I have beaten him like three times out of maybe 10 times I guess. And everytime it's when I apply a little pressure with some musk huss in colonial, not a lot but just enough to stress him a bit in his base and siege down his tc so like 10 musk and 5 Huss. But whenever i don't pressure him his timing of million ulhan 10 dopps and skirms beat my poor skirm goon cuir army. It's just difficult to micro vs man.
Either rush him with anything besides pure cav or sit in base with musks and falcs and wait for him to come to you. If he has a foundry, you can also train some culvs. Musks kill Uhlans, Dopps and even Skirms as I don't see him kiting.
Australia Hazza54321
Pro Player
Winter Champion 2020 x2Donator 01
ESO: PrinceofBabu

Post by Hazza54321 »

Could just go full dragoon
Great Britain chris1089
Retired Contributor
ESO: chris1089

Post by chris1089 »

Hazza54321 wrote:Could just go full dragoon
I tried that as Brit after doing VC, but he just makes skirms. He also makes it really hard to scout for some reason. I think he hides his army.
No Flag Astaroth
Howdah

Post by Astaroth »

Hazza54321 wrote:Could just go full dragoon
Problem is that you have nothing vs his skirms. Even just 15 skirms or so +8 skirm shipment are really annoying. Also, can't really use 2 falcs or skirms yourself to deal with his skirms if he z-moves you with 40 CC RE vet uhlans.

(naturally, none of that applies if you have good micro, I'm just talking about average players here)
Australia Hazza54321
Pro Player
Winter Champion 2020 x2Donator 01
ESO: PrinceofBabu

Post by Hazza54321 »

well u run around catching shit before fully engaging
Great Britain Riotcoke
Retired Contributor
ECL Reigning ChampsDonator 01
ESO: Riotcoke
Clan: UwU

Post by Riotcoke »

He makes 3 falcs just go musk falc and it beats him as the guy just doesn't micro

twitch.tv/stangoesdeepTV
Great Britain Riotcoke
Retired Contributor
ECL Reigning ChampsDonator 01
ESO: Riotcoke
Clan: UwU

Post by Riotcoke »

Also raid him, the guy is worse than me at noticing raids

twitch.tv/stangoesdeepTV