Whowouldwin

India TNT333
Lancer
ESO: TNT333

Whowouldwin

Post by TNT333 »

Aoe3 vs Aoe2, all civs from all expansions in a super gigantic map, with enough resources for every civ to age up properly. Game stats used for both and 500 pop limit for aoe2.

Thought of this while browsing vs debate sites(I'm a frequent poster), seems pretty interesting considering both sides. Can France solo all of aoe2?? Or will the mass of Paladins wear down the Aoe3 side.
"We are kings or pawns" Napoleon Bonaparte
Netherlands edeholland
ESOC Community Team
Donator 01
ESO: edeholland
GameRanger ID: 4053888
Clan: ESOC

Re: Whowouldwin

Post by edeholland »

The amount of hitpoints and attack of AoE2 units is way way lower. A paladin has 160 hp and 14 melee attack, that means that two normal settler can beat a paladin. It also has a speed of 1.35, which means that any ranged unit can hit and run it. I don't think this is even close.
France [Armag] diarouga
Ninja
NWC LAN Gold
ESO: diarouga

Post by [Armag] diarouga »

Aoe3 by far lol. You could jan rush and have 30 jans in your opponent's base when he reaches age 2 xD. Also how are you supposed to counter jans with feudal units ? Your archers miss all the time.
In general, faster games would win that kind of contest, for instance starcraft 2 would stomp any aoe game.
India TNT333
Lancer
ESO: TNT333

Post by TNT333 »

[Armag] diarouga wrote:Aoe3 by far lol. You could jan rush and have 30 jans in your opponent's base when he reaches age 2 xD. Also how are you supposed to counter jans with feudal units ? Your archers miss all the time.
In general, faster games would win that kind of contest, for instance starcraft 2 would stomp any aoe game.
What about when it goes super late game, like every civ gets all upgrades and all?? And each gets a good deal of res
"We are kings or pawns" Napoleon Bonaparte
No Flag Jaeger
Jaeger

Post by Jaeger »

TNT333 wrote:
[Armag] diarouga wrote:Aoe3 by far lol. You could jan rush and have 30 jans in your opponent's base when he reaches age 2 xD. Also how are you supposed to counter jans with feudal units ? Your archers miss all the time.
What about when it goes super late game, like every civ gets all upgrades and all?? And each gets a good deal of res
See Edes comment
last time i cryed was because i stood on Lego
Canada dansil92
Retired Contributor
ESO: dansil92

Post by dansil92 »

Aoe3 units scale by 100% sometimes nearly 200%. The later it goes the even more aoe3 dominant it would be
Canada forgrin
Howdah
ESO: Forgrin

Post by forgrin »

Yeah unless you somehow scaled the unit's stats there is no way for this to be even close.
https://www.twitch.tv/forgin14

"WTF WHERE ARE MY 10 FALCS" - AraGun_OP
Switzerland bobabu
Howdah

Post by bobabu »

TNT333 wrote:
Sure the late game.
When the gold runs out it's gonna be really funny for the aoe 2 player .
Canada dansil92
Retired Contributor
ESO: dansil92

Post by dansil92 »

Ok so a feudal age archer has 4 damage and 30 hp at 4 range
They train 1 at a time and cost 70 res
How many to kill one (RE) jan?
Netherlands edeholland
ESOC Community Team
Donator 01
ESO: edeholland
GameRanger ID: 4053888
Clan: ESOC

Post by edeholland »

Blacksmith and other upgrades also gives meaningless stuff like +20 hp or +2 attack, which is insignificant compared to the massive hp pools of AoE3 units.
Germany rnmrtzk
Musketeer
ESO: rnmrtzk

Post by rnmrtzk »

even the aoe2 cheat units would lose against standard aoe3 compositions, with goons you can easily kite the famous cobra car^^
look wrote:I Opened the TAD today
it looks like i was in paradise