Post by Hazza54321 »

why do dutch need 200w anyway lol
France [Armag] diarouga
Ninja
NWC LAN Gold
ESO: diarouga

Re: Which civs will dominate ep 9 or which civs got nerfed/buffed

Post by [Armag] diarouga »

It gives them the option to early TP, and it's +100w for a bank in transition anyway.
The question is why would we remove 100w from Dutch ? After all, the civ was mid-bottom tier in the previous patch, don't try to make me believe they're top just because of fixed crates.
France chronique
Advanced Player
ESO: poissondu44

Post by chronique »

[Armag] diarouga wrote:It gives them the option to early TP, and it's +100w for a bank in transition anyway.
The question is why would we remove 100w from Dutch ? After all, the civ was mid-bottom tier in the previous patch, don't try to make me believe they're top just because of fixed crates.
Idk, its seem like peaple forget that -15% xp is a big nerf for almost all tp civ.
Australia Hazza54321
Pro Player
Winter Champion 2020 x2Donator 01
ESO: PrinceofBabu

Post by Hazza54321 »

[Armag] diarouga wrote:It gives them the option to early TP, and it's +100w for a bank in transition anyway.
dont try and tell me they were "mid-bottom tier"
France [Armag] diarouga
Ninja
NWC LAN Gold

Hazza54321 wrote:
How many times did you see Dutch in EPL ?
Great Britain Black_Duck
Dragoon
ESO: Tom
Clan: DUKC

Post by Black_Duck »

[Armag] diarouga wrote:
Hazza54321 wrote:
Swear thats got to do with them not having counter MUs rather than bad civ
Challenged_Macro wrote: Respect Mussolini guys,if hes triggered there is always a reason.
Mussolini wrote: I hope corona gets you, your family and all your fuckin relatives as you fuckin deserve it for being cocky
Germany amiggo1999
Advanced Player
Donator 01
ESO: miggo1999

Post by amiggo1999 »

I agree with rouga. They might've been a top civ in team, but for 1v1 they don't do well on high tp maps, and weren't top on std maps either. There also always seems to be a better civ to counter your opponent with, no matter the map.
Image Image
France [Armag] diarouga
Ninja
NWC LAN Gold

Black_Duck wrote:
[Armag] diarouga wrote:
Show hidden quotes
Swear thats got to do with them not having counter MUs rather than bad civ
I meant bad tournament civ. Anyway, I think that Dutch is a weaker version of France, even on EP9.
France [Armag] diarouga
Ninja
NWC LAN Gold

amiggo1999 wrote:I agree with rouga. They might've been a top civ in team, but for 1v1 they don't do well on high tp maps, and weren't top on std maps either. There also always seems to be a better civ to counter your opponent with, no matter the map.
They're op in team of course, but that's not the point. As you said, they suck on high TP maps, and even on normal maps, they have many hard MUs like Brit, Russia, Japan, China, Spain (not saying all these are hopeless, but they're hard to win).
Italy Garja
Retired Contributor
Donator 02
ESO: Garja

Post by Garja »

Wait, is Dutch starting with +100g and +100w?
Image Image Image
United States of America Cometk
Retired Contributor

Post by Cometk »

Garja wrote:Wait, is Dutch starting with +100g and +100w?
Yea
Italy Garja
Retired Contributor
Donator 02
ESO: Garja

Post by Garja »

:lol:
I mean, Dutch by default already starts with 5 crates instead of the 4 of other Euro civs (not Russia ofc). And you give them both 100w and 100g. Give them +100f as well if you can...
Image Image Image
France chronique
Advanced Player

Post by chronique »

Wait wait wait, dutch start with more crate on the beta??
France [Armag] diarouga
Ninja
NWC LAN Gold

chronique wrote:Wait wait wait, dutch start with more crate on the beta??
No.
France flontier
Lancer
Intermediate Division Winner
ESO: Flontier
Clan: PLOP

Post by flontier »

They just start with 500c 200w instead of 400c 200w and 100f, which is almost exactly the same because dutch vills gather gold +15% faster than other vills so 100g is almost as fast as 100f to get.
So the difference in gathering time is super small and almost irrelevant...

Dutch is like the most average civ of all, and i dont see why would they be better on this patch, they have a ton of shit match up and most of the civ they were doing good or okay before are now buff like india and sioux lol. + some other are also buffs like azzy, russia...
The only good mu is prob vs ger now.
And overall the fixed wood start is anything but good for dutch even with a -15% tp.

I think people are overreacting just based on a couple games they lost or idk i feel not having play the same beta.

This thread is basically everyone complaining about their main civ anyway, i think the balance is quite good compared to last patch, if anything atm i think sioux need a nerf about that extra vills and ger maybe a little tweaks.
Other than that its just hard to say with just a one week of test...
France [Armag] diarouga
Ninja
NWC LAN Gold

Ye, I'm not good enough at Sioux to test the civ, but it needs solid testing.
Australia Kawapasaka
ESOC Pro Team

Post by Kawapasaka »

Yeah Dutch feels exactly the same lol not sure what everyone's on about
Great Britain I_HaRRiiSoN_I
Retired Contributor

Post by I_HaRRiiSoN_I »

we should just call this the Daddy Sheckler patch then if sioux/dutch are up :P tbf me kaister and sheckler play dutch and sioux as our top 2/3 civs
France chronique
Advanced Player

Post by chronique »

Ah okey.

I am complaining about no tp civ on no tp map. Tp dependent civ are always tp dependent and on no tp map you can't realy native rush anymore.
Great Britain Black_Duck
Dragoon
ESO: Tom
Clan: DUKC

Post by Black_Duck »

I_HaRRiiSoN_I wrote:we should just call this the Daddy Sheckler patch then if sioux/dutch are up :P tbf me kaister and sheckler play dutch and sioux as our top 2/3 civs
I hate it
Challenged_Macro wrote: Respect Mussolini guys,if hes triggered there is always a reason.
Mussolini wrote: I hope corona gets you, your family and all your fuckin relatives as you fuckin deserve it for being cocky
France [Armag] diarouga
Ninja
NWC LAN Gold

I_HaRRiiSoN_I wrote:we should just call this the Daddy Sheckler patch then if sioux/dutch are up :P tbf me kaister and sheckler play dutch and sioux as our top 2/3 civs
@kaister should join the team, I agree.
French Southern Territories kevinitalien
Lancer
ESO: KEVINITALIEN

Post by kevinitalien »

flontier wrote:
i think the balance is quite good compared to last patch
I don't agree, the game is going to be super boring really, but I'm not sure the balance is right now, it's even worse than before for now since the game has always been balanced with random crates and now there are fixed crates, how to balance it?
the whole game to run with random crates, and now there is so much change to balance with fixed crates that it's way too much change, in the end RE and EP it's clearly 2 different games and it's starting to be really sad
Image Image
France [Armag] diarouga
Ninja
NWC LAN Gold

kevinitalien wrote:
flontier wrote:
i think the balance is quite good compared to last patch
I don't agree, the game is going to be super boring really, but I'm not sure the balance is right now, it's even worse than before for now since the game has always been balanced with random crates and now there are fixed crates, how to balance it?
the whole game to run with random crates, and now there is so much change to balance with fixed crates that it's way too much change, in the end RE and EP it's clearly 2 different games and it's starting to be really sad
If you think the game was balanced with random crates, then it is balanced with fixed crates assuming we give all civs the same crates. For instance, if you think that EP India isn't balanced with a wood start, then it means that it was shit on coin starts and op on wood starts, which is now fixed.

The only civ that didn't get "normal" fixed crates is Germany, because Germany on wood start would simply be too strong (and that's because Germany random crates were broken as fuck). You can see that as a nerf we tried to compensate by reverting another nerf.
If it's not enough, Germany will be buffed more, but claiming that the game is unbalanced because of fixed crates is just plain wrong.
France chronique
Advanced Player

Post by chronique »

Game was balance overall but super random because of rdm crate (sometime you win because of 200w sometime you loose because of 100g, 50% winrate). But i am not sure ep9 is more balance overall, i think the opposite, some civ are cacaboudin and others are too good. And no tp maps seem super unbalance (more than ep8)
French Southern Territories kevinitalien
Lancer
ESO: KEVINITALIEN

Post by kevinitalien »

[Armag] diarouga wrote:
kevinitalien wrote:
Show hidden quotes
If you think the game was balanced with random crates, then it is balanced with fixed crates assuming we give all civs the same crates. For instance, if you think that EP India isn't balanced with a wood start, then it means that it was shit on coin starts and op on wood starts, which is now fixed.

The only civ that didn't get "normal" fixed crates is Germany, because Germany on wood start would simply be too strong (and that's because Germany random crates were broken as fuck). You can see that as a nerf we tried to compensate by reverting another nerf.
If it's not enough, Germany will be buffed more, but claiming that the game is unbalanced because of fixed crates is just plain wrong.
I totally disagree, when you decide to nerf or buff a civ you took into account the random crates, you did not take into account the fixed crates, and in no case am I saying that india was unbalanced with a gold or wood start, which is also false since the other civs with a gold start also suddenly, I really do not understand this logic sincerely
Image Image