Best losers?

No Flag Astaroth
Howdah

Best losers?

Post by Astaroth »

This is not meant as a dig at sore losers, but rather as an appreciation of good behaviour and sportsmanship. So let's not focus on negativity, but rather celebrate individuals who lead by example.

Who are the best losers amongst known players in the community? Arbitrary criteria: little to no flaming or whining when losing, always or mostly saying GG (it's just like a handshake in tennis, doesn't mean the game has to be particularly great).

list:

- Aizamk
- iamturk
- Soldier
- Samwise
- Miggo
- Kynesie
- poisson
- sheckler
(- Optimus Prime)
(- Mitoe)
- self-nominated: breeze
India Ashvin
Retired Contributor
ESO: Octanium

Re: Best losers?

Post by Ashvin »

@princeofcarthage
kid used to get clapped by me all the time, never lost his good behaviour and sportsmanship. \s
Tuvalu gibson
Ninja
ECL Reigning Champs

Post by gibson »

France Guigs
Tournament Admin
ESO: Guigs

Post by Guigs »

not @Guigs
France Guigs
Tournament Admin
ESO: Guigs

Post by Guigs »

Lecastete wrote:not @Guigs
Lol true
Armenia Sargsyan
Jaeger
Donator 01
ESO: lamergamer
Clan: c0ns

Post by Sargsyan »

sheckler
krichk wrote:For some reason, you want the world to know that you're brave enough to challenge Challenger_Marco
India Challenger_Marco
ESOC Media Team
ESO: challenger_marco

Post by Challenger_Marco »

RDX
:nwc:
No Flag hidden_blaze
Musketeer

Post by hidden_blaze »

Since converting units into cows isnt an arbitrary criteria it's probably aizamk
Spain Snuden
Jaeger
ESO: Snuden

Post by Snuden »

Probably Aiz. I don’t think I’ve ever seen him miss a “GG oot”
[Sith] - Baphomet
France [Armag] diarouga
Ninja
NWC LAN Gold
ESO: diarouga

Post by [Armag] diarouga »

Not Optimus lol. He's changed for sure but don't forget that he used to drop after every game he lost

I think you shouldn't include lower level players by the way. Sheckler is a very nice guy and he's definitely not a bad loser, but people usually have a smaller ego when they're not top players.

I think Lukas, Soldier and poisson are also nice guys when they lose (I stopped at the #30 elo).
Great Britain samwise12
Pro Player
Summer 2015 winner
ESO: Samwise12

Post by samwise12 »

me
France [Armag] diarouga
Ninja
NWC LAN Gold

Ye, and Sam.
India Ashvin
Retired Contributor

Post by Ashvin »

[Armag] diarouga wrote:Not Optimus lol. He's changed for sure but don't forget that he used to drop after every game he lost

I think you shouldn't include lower level players by the way. Sheckler is a very nice guy and he's definitely not a bad loser, but people usually have a smaller ego when they're not top players.

I think Lukas, Soldier and poisson are also nice guys when they lose (I stopped at the #30 elo).
lol ego has nothing to with a game. It is a part of one's personality.
Australia Hazza54321
Pro Player
Winter Champion 2020 x2Donator 01
ESO: PrinceofBabu

Post by Hazza54321 »

Vane and kaiser
Australia Hazza54321
Pro Player
Winter Champion 2020 x2Donator 01
ESO: PrinceofBabu

Post by Hazza54321 »

Aiz, mitoe turk would be my top 3 most honourable, if mitoe isnt monologuing about how shite he is
France [Armag] diarouga
Ninja
NWC LAN Gold

Ashvin wrote:
[Armag] diarouga wrote:Not Optimus lol. He's changed for sure but don't forget that he used to drop after every game he lost

It's more complicated than that. When you're a beginner, you acknowledge the top players as better than you, and you're usually eager to learn. When you become a top player, you develop an ego about the game. Hazza and castete are good examples of that, they weren't as bad losers as they are today when they were captain.
Great Britain Riotcoke
Retired Contributor
ECL Reigning ChampsDonator 01
ESO: Riotcoke
Clan: UwU

Post by Riotcoke »

Yea but poission also cheats with 11 cards in fortress so he doesn't count.

twitch.tv/stangoesdeepTV
Great Britain Black_Duck
Dragoon
ESO: Tom
Clan: DUKC

Post by Black_Duck »

There's still a community outside of the top 30 knobhead.
Challenged_Macro wrote: Respect Mussolini guys,if hes triggered there is always a reason.
Mussolini wrote: I hope corona gets you, your family and all your fuckin relatives as you fuckin deserve it for being cocky
Germany Rohbrot
Howdah
ECL Reigning Champs
ESO: Rohbrot

Post by Rohbrot »

@chronique , @flontier , @amiggo1999 atleast i played enough games vs them to know their sportsmanship. ;-p
Spain pain train is real
Germany Rohbrot
Howdah
ECL Reigning Champs
ESO: Rohbrot

Post by Rohbrot »

Honourable persons of my first months on eso who have a nice behavior @iNcog , @Scroogie , @rsy , @Challenger_Marco and @Black_Duck.
Sorry if i missed someone who i played vs many times.
Spain pain train is real
France iNcog
Ninja

Post by iNcog »

I may be polite with you but I can be a very sore loser
YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/incog_aoe
Garja wrote:
20 Mar 2020, 21:46
I just hope DE is not going to implement all of the EP changes. Right now it is a big clusterfuck.
India Ashvin
Retired Contributor

Post by Ashvin »

[Armag] diarouga wrote:
Ashvin wrote:

It's more complicated than that. When you're a beginner, you acknowledge the top players as better than you, and you're usually eager to learn. When you become a top player, you develop an ego about the game. Hazza and castete are good examples of that, they weren't as bad losers as they are today when they were captain.
I think you develop ego looking at other players in the game. Tbh they are a lot.
No Flag deleted_user
Ninja

Post by deleted_user »

Personally I always prefer to say Gg regardless of whom I'm playing against, win/loss etc. it's like shaking hands. And I think Mitoe is missing in that list, he should defenitely be there as he only blames himself after loss games ^^ I would say Samwise, Kynesie should also be in the list since I have never seen them refusing to say gg even after many awkard games. Poissondu and Turk should defenitely be added too. , some more that I don't remember rn could also be added to there.
France [Armag] diarouga
Ninja
NWC LAN Gold

Mitoe is very polite and always says gg but complaining about how bad he is when he loses is worse than just saying gg.
Turk is a good loser but he isn't always a good winner haha, he likes to trashtalk sometimes.
France chronique
Advanced Player
ESO: poissondu44

Post by chronique »

deleted_user wrote:Poissondu and Turk should defenitely be added too. , some more that I don't remember rn could also be added to there.
poissondu... it's forbidden you know?