38%
Russian musk/ halb
25%

Total votes: 8

No Flag adderbrain5
Lancer

UNITS THAT SUCK

Post by adderbrain5 »

Hi all... Have you ever been frustrated by how useless Keshiks actually are vs cav... Why you bought that Mayan trading Post Or wondered why u even wasted your clicks making war clubs?

How about that time all you port players were getting drilled again and thought besteiro would save you only to find out that beisteiro are a sick joke... His unused 3 hussar shipment beats them... All of them. Anyway
This thread is about all time shit units: so j want to hear about those guys u were pissed to see at the saloon( arsonists) and those guys you really needed to be there for ya and just couldn't preform. Please list your all time shittyest aoe3 unit. After I get a lot of posts I'll make a poll
No Flag Good ol Ivan
Howdah
ESO: ivanelterrible

UNITS THAT SUCK

Post by Good ol Ivan »

The shittiest and most disappointing aoe3 unit by far is the tashunke prowler.
Brazil macacoalbino
Howdah
ESO: MacacoAlbino
Clan: 3Huss

UNITS THAT SUCK

Post by macacoalbino »

the one day i thought i could use Spies to counter Mamelukes, that was a sad day

United States of America noissance
Jaeger
Donator 01
ESO: noissance

UNITS THAT SUCK

Post by noissance »

most of the age 2 mercs are terrible
Wokou ronin
Mongol/Wokou Rider
Wokou Monk
Wokou Pirate (still better than regular pirate due to lower pop) <'---- much better for siege than pirates with 2x vs villagers but still kinda bad
Pirate (Bucaneer upgrade gives 600 hp but still low damage)
Flail elephants (when not used for siege)
Comanchero
Carib Blowgunners
Halberdier
Error 404: Signature not found
Jaeger
Donator 01

UNITS THAT SUCK

Post by noissance »

macacoalbino wrote:the one day i thought i could use Spies to counter Mamelukes, that was a sad day
spy''s are only good after the assassin or agent card (50% dmg + bigger bonus or 50% hp and los)
Jaeger
Donator 01

UNITS THAT SUCK

Post by noissance »

ivan wrote:The shittiest and most disappointing aoe3 unit by far is the tashunke prowler.
They are OK in mass
No Flag Good ol Ivan
Howdah

UNITS THAT SUCK

Post by Good ol Ivan »

caribs are ok.
Flail elephants used to be too good with the team card and a quick age up, so they got nerfed hard.
Spies also used to be good. You could mass spies as dutch, send agent/assassins and kill anything your opponent made and there was no unit which could counter them, not to mention they also had stealth, speed... They were just too good for their cost with the agent card, so they also got nerfed hard. Now the only way so spies counter mercs (there's no way you would make spies against anything else) is sending agent/assassins, and that is just not worth the investment. Maybe it isn't that Mamelukes which should be nerfed, but spies which should be buffed.
And yeah outlaws suck.
No Flag Good ol Ivan
Howdah

UNITS THAT SUCK

Post by Good ol Ivan »

noissance wrote:
ivan wrote:The shittiest and most disappointing aoe3 unit by far is the tashunke prowler.
They are OK in mass
Not really and absolutely not worth their cost and investment.
Jaeger
Donator 01

UNITS THAT SUCK

Post by noissance »

steppe riders are pretty good, especially with the raid card, where their siege is a lot higher than age 2 hussars, plus they cost less than half of regular hussar and 1 pop. BUT cossack much better and still less cost than hussar
Jaeger
Donator 01

UNITS THAT SUCK

Post by noissance »

ivan wrote:
noissance wrote:They are OK in mass
Not really and absolutely not worth their cost and investment.
Stealthing is good hehe, also spy box is funny to use
No Flag Einfein
Dragoon

UNITS THAT SUCK

Post by Einfein »

macacoalbino wrote:the one day i thought i could use Spies to counter Mamelukes, that was a sad day
I countered an otto''s mams today by surprising him with spies. I had never used them before, but 5x of them tore apart his mams.

@OP
I kind of like the saloon arsonists. In team games a handful of them can rip through a few walls and destroy factories etc. I guess it''s just when/how you choose to make use of them.

All time crap unit for me is still going to be Russian halbs. Slow, weaker stats and of course still a halb. Not much else to say about them.
"He's just got more stuff, and sometimes just having more stuff, despite the fact you have better positioning or better micro just doesn't matter because sometimes when you just got more stuff you just win the game." - ZutaZuta
No Flag S_I_D
Musketeer

UNITS THAT SUCK

Post by S_I_D »

I think I'd have to go with Yabusame for worst unit. act kinda like a culv unit but still, they suck at everything else.
Netherlands momuuu
Ninja
ESO: Jerom_

UNITS THAT SUCK

Post by momuuu »

Rajputs, halbs.
Palestine Mimsy for President
Jaeger

UNITS THAT SUCK

Post by Mimsy for President »

Hussar
New Zealand zoom
Gendarme
ESO: Funnu

UNITS THAT SUCK

Post by zoom »

With Mongolian Scourge, certainly Keshiks are effective enough against heavy cavalry. They're still a tad underwhelming compared to other LC units in general, but then again if Chinese had Cavalry Archers in the Colonial Age they might be too strong.
New Zealand zoom
Gendarme

UNITS THAT SUCK

Post by zoom »

noissance wrote:steppe riders are pretty good, especially with the raid card, where their siege is a lot higher than age 2 hussars, plus they cost less than half of regular hussar and 1 pop. BUT cossack much better and still less cost than hussar
In theory Steppe Riders aren''t awful. Unfortunately in practice they are fairly awful in most any actual combat scenario, mostly pertaining to their drop-off effect and terrible pathing caused by too great an obstruction radius.
New Zealand zoom
Gendarme

UNITS THAT SUCK

Post by zoom »

More on topic though: Iron Flails and Surgeons.
No Flag adderbrain5
Lancer

UNITS THAT SUCK

Post by adderbrain5 »

Well being an Iroqois player I nominate the Kanya horseman . The only good thing about them is the op shipments for them and their canon killing multiplier. But at 100 food 75 wood and worse stats than Huss I laugh when someone tells me to go cav in a team game
Brazil lemmings121
Jaeger
ESO: lemmings121

UNITS THAT SUCK

Post by lemmings121 »

deleted_user wrote:Steppe riders barely beat strelets so I''m gonna go with them
''ah! look at those two steppe riders trying to raid me, they think they are uhlans? let me just kill them with unupgraded villagers"
Great Britain britishmusketeer
Howdah

UNITS THAT SUCK

Post by britishmusketeer »

adderbrain5 wrote:Hi all... Have you ever been frustrated by how useless Keshiks actually are vs cav... Why you bought that Mayan trading Post Or wondered why u even wasted your clicks making war clubs?

How about that time all you port players were getting drilled again and thought besteiro would save you only to find out that beisteiro are a sick joke... His unused 3 hussar shipment beats them... All of them. Anyway
This thread is about all time shit units: so j want to hear about those guys u were pissed to see at the saloon( arsonists) and those guys you really needed to be there for ya and just couldn''t preform. Please list your all time shittyest aoe3 unit. After I get a lot of posts I''ll make a poll
Bestieros aren''t bad. Also they would beat 3 huss easily.
No Flag adderbrain5
Lancer

UNITS THAT SUCK

Post by adderbrain5 »

lemmings121 wrote:
deleted_user wrote:Steppe riders barely beat strelets so Im gonna go with them
ah! look at those two steppe riders trying to raid me, they think they are uhlans? let me just kill them with unupgraded villagers"

rotfl
No Flag adderbrain5
Lancer

UNITS THAT SUCK

Post by adderbrain5 »

britishmusketeer wrote:
adderbrain5 wrote:Hi all... Have you ever been frustrated by how useless Keshiks actually are vs cav... Why you bought that Mayan trading Post Or wondered why u even wasted your clicks making war clubs?

This thread is about all time shit units: so j want to hear about those guys u were pissed to see at the saloon( arsonists) and those guys you really needed to be there for ya and just couldnt preform. Please list your all time shittyest aoe3 unit. After I get a lot of posts Ill make a poll
Bestieros arent bad. Also they would beat 3 huss easily.

150 hp and about 24 damage is trash . Do they even get a multiplier vs HI ik consulate beisteiro dont
Great Britain britishmusketeer
Howdah

UNITS THAT SUCK

Post by britishmusketeer »

adderbrain5 wrote:
britishmusketeer wrote:Bestieros arent bad. Also they would beat 3 huss easily.
150 hp and about 24 damage is trash . Do they even get a multiplier vs HI ik consulate beisteiro dont
yes