Fresh Start

United States of America giveuanxiety
Advanced Player
Donator 02
ESO: GiveUAnxiety

Fresh Start

Post by giveuanxiety »

I respect and mainly agree with the job esoc has done with banning players when their forced to. They did a great job in this area. With DE approaching very quickly this topic is being brought back up, which makes sense. Cheating in aoe3 a "dead" game with no real support from devs is one thing and different then cheating in a game that actually has support and a clear future. This doesn't excuse some of the ridiculous thing people have done cheating wise tho. However I think it would be great for the community and everyone if we decided to lift all bans on the day of DE release. Have a fresh start for everyone. Then going forward once DE is out ban people when necessary of course and ban them more strictly then we did before the DE days.
Lasol wrote: :hmm: just Saw a YouTube video with giveyouanexiaty. He Said check youre stove, if you Want to improve youre aoe3 skills.

WHAT does check your stove means? And how do you do it?
Sweden tabben
Lancer
EWTNWC LAN Bronze
ESO: tabben

Re: Fresh Start

Post by tabben »

#freesirmusket
No Flag fightinfrenchman
Ninja
Donator 04

Post by fightinfrenchman »

giveuanxiety wrote:I respect and mainly agree with the job esoc has done with banning players when their forced to. They did a great job in this area. With DE approaching very quickly this topic is being brought back up, which makes sense. Cheating in aoe3 a "dead" game with no real support from devs is one thing and different then cheating in a game that actually has support and a clear future. This doesn't excuse some of the ridiculous thing people have done cheating wise tho. However I think it would be great for the community and everyone if we decided to lift all bans on the day of DE release. Have a fresh start for everyone. Then going forward once DE is out ban people when necessary of course and ban them more strictly then we did before the DE days.
I agree with this as long as my forum bans are retroactively pardoned
Dromedary Scone Mix is not Alone Mix
Canada Mitoe
Advanced Theory Craftsman
ESO: Mitoe
GameRanger ID: 346407

Post by Mitoe »

I’m not necessarily against lifting some bans.

However, it would truly suck if the first DE tournament was ruined by cheating.
United States of America Papist
Retired Contributor
Donator 03
ESO: Papist

Post by Papist »

fightinfrenchman wrote:
giveuanxiety wrote:I respect and mainly agree with the job esoc has done with banning players when their forced to. They did a great job in this area. With DE approaching very quickly this topic is being brought back up, which makes sense. Cheating in aoe3 a "dead" game with no real support from devs is one thing and different then cheating in a game that actually has support and a clear future. This doesn't excuse some of the ridiculous thing people have done cheating wise tho. However I think it would be great for the community and everyone if we decided to lift all bans on the day of DE release. Have a fresh start for everyone. Then going forward once DE is out ban people when necessary of course and ban them more strictly then we did before the DE days.
#ForeverImpeached :P
The function of man is to live, not to exist.
No Flag fightinfrenchman
Ninja
Donator 04

Papist wrote:
fightinfrenchman wrote:
Lyin' Papist we call him
United States of America Papist
Retired Contributor
Donator 03
ESO: Papist

Post by Papist »

I disagree with allowing cheaters back. Banning them is as much about justice as it is about preventing cheating in ESOC events. You might be able to make a case for allowing back players who did some minor cheating a few years back and have since cleaned up their act, but people who did more serious stuff or actively cheated until it was impossible for them to do so have no place in this community. Just my two cents.
The function of man is to live, not to exist.
Armenia Sargsyan
Jaeger
Donator 01
ESO: lamergamer
Clan: c0ns

Post by Sargsyan »

#freesirmusket
krichk wrote:For some reason, you want the world to know that you're brave enough to challenge Challenger_Marco
Netherlands Mr_Bramboy
Retired Contributor
Donator 01
ESO: [VOC] Bram

Post by Mr_Bramboy »

We are having an ongoing discussion about this topic internally and with Microsoft delegates. I cannot share more details at the current time as the decisions are not finalized and the issue is more complex than you portray it as.
Finland somp
Dragoon

Post by somp »

tfw banned from DE after bram told ryzon some tales
No Flag Astaroth
Howdah

Post by Astaroth »

Mr_Bramboy wrote:We are having an ongoing discussion about this topic internally and with Microsoft delegates. I cannot share more details at the current time as the decisions are not finalized and the issue is more complex than you portray it as.
What is so complex about the issue? I don't doubt you can have different points of views on it, I just wonder what's complex about it.
Advanced Player
Donator 02

Post by giveuanxiety »

Thanks for the update Bramboy
Lasol wrote: :hmm: just Saw a YouTube video with giveyouanexiaty. He Said check youre stove, if you Want to improve youre aoe3 skills.

Turkey HUMMAN
Lancer
ESO: HUMMAN

Post by HUMMAN »

I like the background events happening with the release of DE. Trustworthy people telling kaiser fur trade is shit, ESOC admins telling they are on contact with Microsoft. I hope ESOC will get more influencial with the new game.
Brazil look
Howdah
ESO: LoOk_tOm

Post by look »

Mr_Bramboy wrote:We are having an ongoing discussion about this topic internally and with Microsoft delegates. I cannot share more details at the current time as the decisions are not finalized and the issue is more complex than you portray it as.
this is not relevant since, when buying a new one, nothing can be done.
Kaiser sucks
Garja Noob
grunt the best
Kickass God
BSOP OP
United States of America evilcheadar
Gendarme

Post by evilcheadar »

Papist wrote:
fightinfrenchman wrote:
papist oos
A post not made is a post given away

A slushie a day keeps the refill thread at bay

Jackson Pollock was the best poster to ever to post on these forums
France iNcog
Ninja

Post by iNcog »

Weird thread. They'll be able to play the game again no matter what.

ESOC forgiving bans is their prerogative more than Microsoft's? I suppose? I don't understand bram's post either. ESOC is ESOC, Microsoft is microsoft.
YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/incog_aoe
Garja wrote:
20 Mar 2020, 21:46
I just hope DE is not going to implement all of the EP changes. Right now it is a big clusterfuck.
Czech Republic EAGLEMUT
ESOC Dev Team
Donator 05
ESO: EAGLEMUT
Clan: WPact

Post by EAGLEMUT »

iNcog wrote:Weird thread. They'll be able to play the game again no matter what.

ESOC forgiving bans is their prerogative more than Microsoft's? I suppose? I don't understand bram's post either. ESOC is ESOC, Microsoft is microsoft.
This is about being able to participate in tournaments.
momuuu wrote: theres no way eaglemut is truly a top player
Advanced Player
Donator 02

Post by giveuanxiety »

Of course they will be able to play the game but will they be able to play in tournaments? Esoc will still host tournaments. Microsoft may even supply the money for some esoc tournaments, to run the event in which case esoc may be in charge of the rules. We dont know how these things will be done yet.

No Flag fightinfrenchman
Ninja
Donator 04

If Microsoft is actually going to have that kind of involvement going forward, it would be wise for ESOC to develop a policy on how to deal with people who are openly Nazis
Great Britain Riotcoke
Retired Contributor
ECL Reigning ChampsDonator 01
ESO: Riotcoke
Clan: UwU

Post by Riotcoke »

Honestly apart from kynesie everyone who's banned is banned for reasons that are pretty much universal in every game.

twitch.tv/stangoesdeepTV
United States of America 007Salt
Dragoon

Post by 007Salt »

The fresh start thing should be implemented with a zero tolerance policy I guess.

Some mods will just have to get over the people that royally pissed them off.

imo the more people playing = better no matter what someone has done cuz they now know the mods don't take any bs
Advanced Player
Donator 02

Post by giveuanxiety »

For instance, it looks like a new AOE2 tournament that has multiple sponsors and one of them is microsoft. Yet the guy hosting the tournament will have it streamed on his twitch channel and most likely all the rules are made by him.

No Flag fightinfrenchman
Ninja
Donator 04

giveuanxiety wrote:For instance, it looks like a new AOE2 tournament that has multiple sponsors and one of them is microsoft. Yet the guy hosting the tournament will have it streamed on his twitch channel and most likely all the rules are made by him.
This is something I'm legitimately worried about backfiring due to racism on ESOC, including from staff members!
Sweden Hawk_Girl
Dragoon
Donator 01

Post by Hawk_Girl »

shitmusket should still be banned. if not for the cheating then just for being, on internet at least, quite a shit person
Tuvalu gibson
Ninja
ECL Reigning Champs

Post by gibson »

Hawk_Girl wrote:shitmusket should still be banned. if not for the cheating then just for being, on internet at least, quite a shit person
Just ban him and his disciples tbh