Fresh Start

United States of America giveuanxiety
Advanced Player
Donator 02
ESO: GiveUAnxiety

Re: Fresh Start

Post by giveuanxiety »

Ya I have said this before. I think with DE around the corner ESOC and everyone should start to be held to a higher standard.

I dont follow ESOC forum drama much. However overall we need to clean things up more.

Fortnite pro is kicked from his pro organization for saying the N word. This has happened multiple times were people were kick from their pro team and lost their contract due to something like this.
Lasol wrote: :hmm: just Saw a YouTube video with giveyouanexiaty. He Said check youre stove, if you Want to improve youre aoe3 skills.

WHAT does check your stove means? And how do you do it?
No Flag fightinfrenchman
Ninja
Donator 04

Post by fightinfrenchman »

giveuanxiety wrote:
I dont follow ESOC forum drama much. However overall we need to clean things up more.
I follow it extensively and I agree
Dromedary Scone Mix is not Alone Mix
No Flag fightinfrenchman
Ninja
Donator 04

@Mr_Bramboy This includes people who are being "ironically" racist
No Flag deleted_user
Ninja

Post by deleted_user »

is this what's called a heated gaming moment
No Flag fightinfrenchman
Ninja
Donator 04

deleted_user wrote:is this what's called a heated gaming moment
It's gonna be great when Microsoft officially denounces the AoE 3 community and everyone acts confused about why
Austria knusch
Pro Player
EWTDonator 01

Post by knusch »

will u shut up for once?
No Flag fightinfrenchman
Ninja
Donator 04

knusch wrote:will u shut up for once?
No
No Flag deleted_user
Ninja

Post by deleted_user »

i think knusch should shut up tbh ngl
Austria knusch
Pro Player
EWTDonator 01

Post by knusch »

fightinfrenchman wrote:
No
obvsly a rhetorical question. we already know u incapable of it among many things
No Flag fightinfrenchman
Ninja
Donator 04

knusch wrote:
fightinfrenchman wrote:
No
obvsly a rhetorical. we already know u incapable of it among many things
Yeah I openly admit I think it'll be bad for the community to allow racists. If you disagree feel free to explain why that would actually be a good thing
Austria knusch
Pro Player
EWTDonator 01

Post by knusch »

it is rather simple. your definition of what constitutes racism is off by so that much its a joke rly...

noone gonna argue against taking a stance against racism. the same way any reasonable moderation gonna ban u too for calling anyone racist or nazi in most cases without any reason.
United States of America Cometk
Retired Contributor

Post by Cometk »

knusch wrote:it is rather simple. your definition of what constitutes racism is off by so that much its a joke rly...

noone gonna argue against taking a stance against racism. the same way any reasonable moderation gonna ban u too for calling anyone racist or nazi in most cases without any reason.
Do u disagree with this post

viewtopic.php?f=982&t=21343&p=481897#p481897
Finland somp
Dragoon

Post by somp »

If there's a real conversation going regarding ESOC bans/Microsoft I think I'm going to try to contact them tomorrow to explain how I got unequal punishment to others, justified by a a multiple straightforward lies and by leaking private chats to publicity, leading someone hoxing me.
If microsoft is going to sponsor tournaments, I would like to not be banned because of one forfeit which I regretted next afternoon.
Austria knusch
Pro Player
EWTDonator 01

Post by knusch »

the whole thread was a shitshow. ofc u ban ppl for crossing the line which u can make a good case happened in that thread.
the same way ppl should be banned for calling anyone racist or nazi all over the place for no good reason.
No Flag fightinfrenchman
Ninja
Donator 04

knusch wrote:the whole thread was a shitshow. ofc u ban ppl for crossing the line which u can make a good case happened in that thread.
the same way ppl should be banned for calling anyone racist or nazi all over the place for no good reason.
"Calling someone racist" and "being racist" are not comparable
Austria knusch
Pro Player
EWTDonator 01

Post by knusch »

fightinfrenchman wrote:
knusch wrote:the whole thread was a shitshow. ofc u ban ppl for crossing the line which u can make a good case happened in that thread.
u r right and forum moderation prob includes more than banning ppl for "being racist"
No Flag fightinfrenchman
Ninja
Donator 04

knusch wrote:
fightinfrenchman wrote:
u r right and forum moderation prob includes more than banning ppl for "being racist"
It actually involves less than that, as I've repeatedly shown
Austria knusch
Pro Player
EWTDonator 01

Post by knusch »

i think your 100+ posts bitching about it have made it clear that u disagree with whatever forum policy there is (have not read it)
No Flag fightinfrenchman
Ninja
Donator 04

knusch wrote:i think your 100+ posts bitching about it have made it clear that u disagree with whatever forum policy there is (have not read it)
Show me the forum policy that I haven't read
Australia VooDoo_BoSs
Dragoon
ESO: VooDoo_BoSs

Post by VooDoo_BoSs »

Sargsyan wrote:#freesirmusket
He still cheats regularly - he accidentally posted a screenshot of himself maphacking on Jailed discord last week.

It is overwhelmingly likely that these individuals will continue cheating in DE - and unfortunately there is a strong correlation between cheating and being generally toxic, which actively takes away from the experience of others.
Austria knusch
Pro Player
EWTDonator 01

Post by knusch »

fightinfrenchman wrote:
knusch wrote:i think your 100+ posts bitching about it have made it clear that u disagree with whatever forum policy there is (have not read it)
Show me the forum policy that I haven't read
i didnt read it
Tuvalu gibson
Ninja
ECL Reigning Champs

Post by gibson »

#freevane
United States of America Cometk
Retired Contributor

Post by Cometk »

somp wrote:If microsoft is going to sponsor tournaments, I would like to not be banned because of one forfeit which I regretted next afternoon.
Your tournament ban expires on October 27th, 2020, less than two weeks after AoE3:DE is released. It's pretty safe to assume there won't be any ESOC-ran events in the very early weeks of the game's release due to the many logistical hurdles of organizing an event at the release of a new game (think not only promotion, graphics, etc. but also figuring out UI elements & how to cast, tournament rules & getting a sense for if there are game-breaking bugs or other things that need to be addressed). Your ban expires before there will reasonably be any ESOC tournaments hosted.
Finland somp
Dragoon

Post by somp »

Even if it expires, I would like to share my point of view with the staff of Microsoft before they make final decisions considering cooperation/ban policy. If you could pm me the right contact person, it would help to clarify the things faster. I already requested the aoe support to try to help me find the right person. Anyway, EPL2 might happen in DE too, and possibly sponsored by Microsoft.
Canada Mitoe
Advanced Theory Craftsman
ESO: Mitoe
GameRanger ID: 346407

Post by Mitoe »

What would there even be to share with Microsoft regarding bans? Most likely they would have very little--most likely nothing--to do with hosting any tournaments. The most likely scenario is that they would consider sponsoring parties that are interesting in hosting/organizing events, but not involved in much other than funding the prize pool.

If anything they would be more likely to defer to the experience of the organizer when it comes to who is or is not barred from participating in the event, as Microsoft themselves would have no information of the events that transpired, nor would they likely wish to devote any resources to investigating such things.

Just be patient, Somppu. You will be able to play.