Fresh Start

No Flag fightinfrenchman
Ninja
Donator 04

Re: Fresh Start

Post by fightinfrenchman »

Mitoe wrote:What would there even be to share with Microsoft regarding bans? Most likely they would have very little--most likely nothing--to do with hosting any tournaments. The most likely scenario is that they would consider sponsoring parties that are interesting in hosting/organizing events, but not involved in much other than funding the prize pool.
The huge multinational corporation may have reservations about sponsoring tournaments where neo-nazis are participating
Dromedary Scone Mix is not Alone Mix
India TNT333
Lancer
ESO: TNT333

Post by TNT333 »

I met Acolyte. She wants her ban removed. Said she will be a good girl now xD
"We are kings or pawns" Napoleon Bonaparte
United States of America giveuanxiety
Advanced Player
Donator 02
ESO: GiveUAnxiety

Post by giveuanxiety »

Like I said I dont pay much attention to forum drama.

But you shouldn't go around accusing someone of being a neo-nasi without proof. That is a very serious accusation. Even if someone says something racist they may be racist but not a neo-nasis.
Lasol wrote: :hmm: just Saw a YouTube video with giveyouanexiaty. He Said check youre stove, if you Want to improve youre aoe3 skills.

WHAT does check your stove means? And how do you do it?
Denmark voigt1240
Lancer
ESO: voigt

Post by voigt1240 »

Who the fuck is a neo nazi, honestly. I have seen zero information that backs up such claims and allegations. I don't think it's healthy to slanter people especially not on such a small community as this. Can we stop already?
Latvia harcha
Gendarme
ESO: hatamoto_samurai

Post by harcha »

i think we might need to ban the R word
POC wrote:Also I most likely know a whole lot more than you.
POC wrote:Also as an objective third party, and near 100% accuracy of giving correct information, I would say my opinions are more reliable than yours.
Australia wardyb1
Retired Contributor
Donator 01
ESO: wardyb1

Post by wardyb1 »

giveuanxiety wrote:Like I said I dont pay much attention to forum drama.

But you shouldn't go around accusing someone of being a neo-nasi without proof. That is a very serious accusation. Even if someone says something racist they may be racist but not a neo-nasis.
To be fair, what constitutes proof in these instances? People don't just announce on forums that they are neo-nazi's. But sometimes if it walks a like a duck, and quacks like a duck, maybe it is a duck.
“To love the journey is to accept no such end. I have found, through painful experience, that the most important step a person can take is always the next one.”
United States of America giveuanxiety
Advanced Player
Donator 02
ESO: GiveUAnxiety

Post by giveuanxiety »

posting screenshots, or some type of proof is a start. Just like you shouldn't go around calling people terrorist. Or just generally accusing someone of something bad without any proof.
Lasol wrote: :hmm: just Saw a YouTube video with giveyouanexiaty. He Said check youre stove, if you Want to improve youre aoe3 skills.

WHAT does check your stove means? And how do you do it?
Armenia Sargsyan
Jaeger
Donator 01
ESO: lamergamer
Clan: c0ns

Post by Sargsyan »

VooDoo_BoSs wrote:
Sargsyan wrote:#freesirmusket
He still cheats regularly - he accidentally posted a screenshot of himself maphacking on Jailed discord last week.

It is overwhelmingly likely that these individuals will continue cheating in DE - and unfortunately there is a strong correlation between cheating and being generally toxic, which actively takes away from the experience of others.
#freesirmusket
krichk wrote:For some reason, you want the world to know that you're brave enough to challenge Challenger_Marco
France iNcog
Ninja

Post by iNcog »

It is quite astonishing to see some people come out on the forums and say that there is no racism on these boards. There is entirely racism on these boards.

I had this discussion with Ede and heard similar things. I don't understand how the denial of these points is possible.

- There are posts on these forums that have stipulated racist and bigoted statements, quite openly, quite clearly. I am hardly the only user to see this and it seems to come from a lot of Europeans that "it isn't actually racist". uh, yes it is.

- Many users have left the boards due to the unmoderated bigotry, despite it being in the forum rules as not acceptable.
YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/incog_aoe
Garja wrote:
20 Mar 2020, 21:46
I just hope DE is not going to implement all of the EP changes. Right now it is a big clusterfuck.
France iNcog
Ninja

Post by iNcog »

The other one that gets me is when ESOC assumes that microsoft, especially in the light of current events, is going to turn a blind eye to the racism that litters our forums. I highly, highly doubt that.

In other words, please get a moderation team together and get that crap off the boards. We WILL lose sponsoring if you Europeans undermine what's going on here.
Garja wrote:
I just hope DE is not going to implement all of the EP changes. Right now it is a big clusterfuck.
Great Britain CuCkO0
Dragoon
ESO: CuCkO0

Post by CuCkO0 »

Looks like we all need to get a grip lol
KINGofOsmane wrote:If Elo is down what are we even fighting for
France iNcog
Ninja

Post by iNcog »

There is no grip to get. These are pretty serious issues that need to be addressed asap because Microsoft will not give a flying fuck and just cut ESOC out of the DE scene. to the detriment of the entire game.

How is this not obvious? lol
Garja wrote:
Denmark voigt1240
Lancer
ESO: voigt

Post by voigt1240 »

There is quite a difference between racism and nazism.
Netherlands edeholland
ESOC Community Team
Donator 01
ESO: edeholland
GameRanger ID: 4053888
Clan: ESOC

Post by edeholland »

Looks like we have made a complete 180 from the OP, lol. First it's about how we should unban everyone, now it's about how we should swing the banhammer harder.

Anyway
giveuanxiety wrote:Cheating in aoe3 a "dead" game with no real support from devs is one thing and different then cheating in a game that actually has support and a clear future.
How is it different?
giveuanxiety wrote:However I think it would be great for the community and everyone if we decided to lift all bans on the day of DE release.
Do you mean both forum bans and tournament bans (as well as Discord and Twitch?)?
incog wrote:I had this discussion with Ede and heard similar things. I don't understand how the denial of these points is possible.
What did I specifically deny?
incog wrote:In other words, please get a moderation team together
Agreed.
incog wrote:I am hardly the only user to see this and it seems to come from a lot of Europeans that "it isn't actually racist". uh, yes it is.
I don't understand why the fact that it's Europeans is relevant.
somp wrote:Even if it expires, I would like to share my point of view with the staff of Microsoft before they make final decisions considering cooperation/ban policy. If you could pm me the right contact person, it would help to clarify the things faster. I already requested the aoe support to try to help me find the right person. Anyway, EPL2 might happen in DE too, and possibly sponsored by Microsoft.
I'll PM you.
somp wrote:If microsoft is going to sponsor tournaments, I would like to not be banned because of one forfeit which I regretted next afternoon.
Do you think MS will sponsor a tournament in the two weeks after the release?
Pakistan comradecommissar
Dragoon
ESO: ComradeCommissar

Post by comradecommissar »

edeholland wrote:Looks like we have made a complete 180 from the OP, lol. First it's about how we should unban everyone, now it's about how we should swing the banhammer harder.

Anyway
giveuanxiety wrote:Cheating in aoe3 a "dead" game with no real support from devs is one thing and different then cheating in a game that actually has support and a clear future.
How is it different?
giveuanxiety wrote:However I think it would be great for the community and everyone if we decided to lift all bans on the day of DE release.
Do you mean both forum bans and tournament bans (as well as Discord and Twitch?)?
incog wrote:I had this discussion with Ede and heard similar things. I don't understand how the denial of these points is possible.
What did I specifically deny?
incog wrote:In other words, please get a moderation team together
Agreed.
incog wrote:I am hardly the only user to see this and it seems to come from a lot of Europeans that "it isn't actually racist". uh, yes it is.
I don't understand why the fact that it's Europeans is relevant.
somp wrote:Even if it expires, I would like to share my point of view with the staff of Microsoft before they make final decisions considering cooperation/ban policy. If you could pm me the right contact person, it would help to clarify the things faster. I already requested the aoe support to try to help me find the right person. Anyway, EPL2 might happen in DE too, and possibly sponsored by Microsoft.
I'll PM you.
somp wrote:If microsoft is going to sponsor tournaments, I would like to not be banned because of one forfeit which I regretted next afternoon.
Do you think MS will sponsor a tournament in the two weeks after the release?
Good to see that you didn't even try to address your refusal to use the banhammer at outwardly racial attacks and slurs. Heck, you didn't even delete anything.
Netherlands don_artie
Dragoon
ESO: don artie

Post by don_artie »

sigh can we not turn every topic into this? there is a reason the other one got locked
Sweden Hawk_Girl
Dragoon
Donator 01

Post by Hawk_Girl »

I never feel more alone than when I’m trying to put sunscreen on my back
No Flag JaguarProwlerKnoob
Musketeer
ESO: JaimePasTaFace

Post by JaguarProwlerKnoob »

iNcog wrote:The other one that gets me is when ESOC assumes that microsoft, especially in the light of current events, is going to turn a blind eye to the racism that litters our forums. I highly, highly doubt that.

In other words, please get a moderation team together and get that crap off the boards. We WILL lose sponsoring if you Europeans undermine what's going on here.
When are you going to face discipline for your bigoted posts? @mods please!!
France iNcog
Ninja

Post by iNcog »

JaguarProwlerKnoob wrote:
iNcog wrote:The other one that gets me is when ESOC assumes that microsoft, especially in the light of current events, is going to turn a blind eye to the racism that litters our forums. I highly, highly doubt that.

When are you going to face discipline for your bigoted posts? @mods please!!
piss off bitch
Garja wrote:
Great Britain Riotcoke
Retired Contributor
ECL Reigning ChampsDonator 01
ESO: Riotcoke
Clan: UwU

Post by Riotcoke »

The racism thing, mostly, is due to half of the Americans who use off-topic being the Reddit liberal stereotype (i.e calling anything that's right of centre a nazi) whilst there are some people who actually are pretty racist I think accusing people constantly dilutes the claims

twitch.tv/stangoesdeepTV
Germany blackout
Dragoon

Post by blackout »

Riotcoke wrote:The racism thing, mostly, is due to half of the Americans who use off-topic being the Reddit liberal stereotype (i.e calling anything that's right of centre a nazi) whilst there are some people who actually are pretty racist I think accusing people constantly dilutes the claims
I'd argue that lately the sensibility about racism rise (maybe especially in the US) and people just talk about it more and pointing more stuff out. Things which might have had a pass in the last years just don't go uncomment anymore and that's generally speaking a good thing