The ONLY ESO is down thread!

No Flag kokiloki
Musketeer

Post by kokiloki »

medinos wrote:
kokiloki wrote:Who says there is gonna be an official patch?
There is a chance if they are going to replace the 10 year old servers you think they wont make an official patch ?
Doing the servers thing is pretty expensive so yeah... why not

Cause ms doesnt gain anything from it. Most players dont really see the use of a new patch, only the higher lvl players, and the fanatic players.
Bosnia & Herzegovina medinos
Lancer
ESO: AlexBoye,Daddysmurf

Post by medinos »

chronique wrote:
medinos wrote:People LOCK this thread and make a final reply on this
FInally something is going ot happen by the official announce of the MS..
Be happy they are going to do that for a game old 10 years...
And Jerom shut your mouth with your nagging like a woman... jeeeess
You have a great opinion of woman, in addition to maintaining a stereotype.
how do you dare calling me a stereotype ?
Lancer

Post by medinos »

And btw sorry for double post..
Do the new staff of the ESO service and aoe 3 community
Does they know about the ESOC forum I mean that would help them alot to getting know abut our community and its problems and all..
Netherlands edeholland
ESOC Community Team
Donator 01
ESO: edeholland
GameRanger ID: 4053888
Clan: ESOC

Post by edeholland »

medinos wrote:And btw sorry for double post..
Does they know about the ESOC forum I mean that would help them alot to getting know abut our community and its problems and all..
We told them about us, yes
No Flag lordswaggington
Crossbow

Post by lordswaggington »

Who is launching these servers? Cause i heard Ensemble Studios were closed cause they didnt earn enough money
Lancer

Post by medinos »

edeholland wrote:
medinos wrote:And btw sorry for double post..
We told them about us, yes
And what was their answer reaction did you ever talked about some chances for an official patch with the new staff since they are going to make new servers for ESO since those server are 10 years old it will be a project where they will need some money..
SInce that it would be a good chance to launch a new official patch with that new servers ?
Dont you think ?
Netherlands edeholland
ESOC Community Team
Donator 01
ESO: edeholland
GameRanger ID: 4053888
Clan: ESOC

Post by edeholland »

medinos wrote:
edeholland wrote:We told them about us, yes
And what was their answer reaction did you ever talked about some chances for an official patch with the new staff since they are going to make new servers for ESO since those server are 10 years old it will be a project where they will need some money..
SInce that it would be a good chance to launch a new official patch with that new servers ?
Dont you think ?
I have no heard a response yet, but once we have enstablished regular contact with the new guys, we will introduce them to ESOC, tell them about our ideas and the FP &' tournaments.
Lancer

Post by medinos »

edeholland wrote:
medinos wrote:And what was their answer reaction did you ever talked about some chances for an official patch with the new staff since they are going to make new servers for ESO since those server are 10 years old it will be a project where they will need some money..
Dont you think ?
I have no heard a response yet, but once we have enstablished regular contact with the new guys, we will introduce them to ESOC, tell them about our ideas and the FP &' tournaments.
Your FP they could make an official as I said for like a come back new servers new patch it would make some sense wouldnt it ?
Netherlands Goodspeed
Retired Contributor

Post by Goodspeed »

Don't count on it. Their software devs have better things to do. Hardware replacement is easy as shit compared to patching a game you've never worked on in your life, and I guarantee you that no one who currently works at MS has any clue about how AoE3 is coded.
New Zealand zoom
Gendarme
ESO: Funnu

Post by zoom »

Oh, look... intelligence!
You have not set your flag, click to select your flag. Marco1698

Post by Marco1698 »

eso down again
No Flag ra0ulduke
Crossbow

Post by ra0ulduke »

kokiloki wrote:
medinos wrote:There is a chance if they are going to replace the 10 year old servers you think they wont make an official patch ?
Doing the servers thing is pretty expensive so yeah... why not

Cause ms doesnt gain anything from it. Most players dont really see the use of a new patch, only the higher lvl players, and the fanatic players.
Low level players probably have more to gain from a balancing patch than higher levels, higher levels are more aware of the civ match-up meta game, so they know how to not get lamed. Lower levels will get frustrated by losing basically just to badly picked civs in a given match-up even when they play really well.

Not that I think MS will patch it but Im looking forward to the FP.
France chronique
Advanced Player
ESO: poissondu44

Post by chronique »

Low level dont know how lame. FF falco/piq is realy strong at low level for exemple.
Russia yurashic
Howdah
ESO: Yurashic

Post by yurashic »

ra0ulduke wrote:
kokiloki wrote:Cause ms doesnt gain anything from it. Most players dont really see the use of a new patch, only the higher lvl players, and the fanatic players.
Low level players probably have more to gain from a balancing patch than higher levels, higher levels are more aware of the civ match-up meta game, so they know how to not get lamed. ?Lower levels will get frustrated by losing basically just to badly picked civs in a given match-up even when they play really well.

That is not true because lower levels do not use optimal standard builds. Below pr 25 you can just play any civ and do standard builds and beat everyone because there people are rushing with Chinese and turtling with Germans.
You have not set your flag, click to select your flag. Marco1698

Post by Marco1698 »

Bryantchin2012 rushes with Chinese and he's op
Tuvalu gibson
Ninja
ECL Reigning Champs

Post by gibson »

marco1698 wrote:Bryantchin2012 rushes with Chinese and he''s op

Someone times he does an ff and he let''s you destroy his entire town and all his wonders then he ships seven hand mortars to a village near your town and trys to destroy you lol
United States of America Metis
Howdah

Post by Metis »

medinos wrote:
edeholland wrote:I have no heard a response yet, but once we have enstablished regular contact with the new guys, we will introduce them to ESOC, tell them about our ideas and the FP &' tournaments.
Your FP they could make an official as I said for like a come back new servers new patch it would make some sense wouldnt it ?

No fan-patch will ever be made official. This has been discussed ad nauseam on the old forums.

From previous Microsoft moderators/admins:

There are legal reasons, as the people who did the work do not work for Microsoft. Also, its not a simple drag and drop of the fan patch to some website and calling it a day. There has to be testing, which costs money, then localization and then more testing.

When anything is officially deployed for a game it has to go through a bunch of additional testing internally, and wed need to have test server environments to run it on, a team to diagnose and fix bugs, etc... its not just a plug and play when dealing with official stuff. Sorry folks, not going to happen.

No Flag aufwiedersehen
Musketeer

Post by aufwiedersehen »

Is eso down or is it me?
Tuvalu gibson
Ninja
ECL Reigning Champs

Post by gibson »

aufwiedersehen wrote:Is eso down or is it me?

down
Lancer

Post by medinos »

ESO IS WORKING NOW !!!!!
Canada Mitoe
Advanced Theory Craftsman
ESO: Mitoe
GameRanger ID: 346407

Post by Mitoe »

metis wrote:
medinos wrote:Your FP they could make an official as I said for like a come back new servers new patch it would make some sense wouldnt it ?
No fan-patch will ever be made official. This has been discussed ad nauseam on the old forums.

From previous Microsoft moderators/admins:

There are legal reasons, as the people who did the work do not work for Microsoft. Also, its not a simple drag and drop of the fan patch to some website and calling it a day. There has to be testing, which costs money, then localization and then more testing.

When anything is officially deployed for a game it has to go through a bunch of additional testing internally, and wed need to have test server environments to run it on, a team to diagnose and fix bugs, etc... its not just a plug and play when dealing with official stuff. Sorry folks, not going to happen.

Yet they took all the work from the guys who did AoEII: The Forgotten Empires or w/e it is. :P And continue to do so, if I understand correctly, as theyre releasing a new expansion for AoEII made by the same guys. Maybe they bought it from them, not sure how that worked out.

Also ESO is back up.
No Flag ra0ulduke
Crossbow

Post by ra0ulduke »

yurashic wrote:
ra0ulduke wrote:Low level players probably have more to gain from a balancing patch than higher levels, higher levels are more aware of the civ match-up meta game, so they know how to not get lamed. Lower levels will get frustrated by losing basically just to badly picked civs in a given match-up even when they play really well.

That is not true because lower levels do not use optimal standard builds. Below pr 25 you can just play any civ and do standard builds and beat everyone because there people are rushing with Chinese and turtling with Germans.
Even without standard builds, Japan is gonna own Port, and Iro is gonna own... any civ. But there are also lots of subtleties in the various match ups, I mean there are about a hundred possible match ups with 14 civs, and it takes a long time to learn them. If every civ had an equal chance against every other civ, you would not need to learn nearly as much meta and noobs wouldnt be punished so hard for not knowing which civ to play against which.
Russia yurashic
Howdah
ESO: Yurashic

Post by yurashic »

ra0ulduke wrote:
yurashic wrote:That is not true because lower levels do not use optimal standard builds. Below pr 25 you can just play any civ and do standard builds and beat everyone because there people are rushing with Chinese and turtling with Germans.
Even without standard builds, Japan is gonna own Port, and Iro is gonna own... any civ. But there are also lots of subtleties in the various match ups, I mean there are about a hundred possible match ups with 14 civs, and it takes a long time to learn them. If every civ had an equal chance against every other civ, you would not need to learn nearly as much meta and noobs wouldnt be punished so hard for not knowing which civ to play against which.
Ask our Iroquois gold medalist adderbrain5 how Iro beats every civ. He will tell you that Port are the lamest civ and Iro are weak. :)

So what you are saying is not true, low level players have no clue how civs work.
Tuvalu gibson
Ninja
ECL Reigning Champs

Post by gibson »

yurashic wrote:
ra0ulduke wrote:Even without standard builds, Japan is gonna own Port, and Iro is gonna own... any civ. But there are also lots of subtleties in the various match ups, I mean there are about a hundred possible match ups with 14 civs, and it takes a long time to learn them. ?If every civ had an equal chance against every other civ, you would not need to learn nearly as much meta and noobs wouldnt be punished so hard for not knowing which civ to play against which.
Ask our Iroquois gold medalist?adderbrain5 how Iro beats every civ. He will tell you that Port are the lamest civ and Iro are weak. :)

So what you are saying is not true, low level players have no clue how civs work.

although, to be fair, Port actually has a pretty good shot against Iro (relatively speaking of course) if you can get some hunts in base and have 2 mines
No Flag PoniPoika
Skirmisher

Post by PoniPoika »

gibson wrote:
yurashic wrote:Ask our Iroquois gold medalist?adderbrain5 how Iro beats every civ. He will tell you that Port are the lamest civ and Iro are weak. :)

although, to be fair, Port actually has a pretty good shot against Iro (relatively speaking of course) if you can get some hunts in base and have 2 mines

Well yeah port struggles less vs iro and otto than their actual strength would suggest because their infrastructure provides natural rush resistance. The same is true to a lesser extent of dutch. Both still get destroyed ofc, but not really moreso than say ger/brit etc.