Is Japan OP?

Colombia Arcuskike
Crossbow

Is Japan OP?

Post by Arcuskike »

Good evening everyone. The question is simple: Is Japan OP?. As an India player, I have played some matches against Japan recently and I have lost all of them but the last one was the top!!: I destroyed most of his shrines, never stop creating military units, and pulled my eco as much as I could and lost all battles!! he did not even build TP's! For me, it is illogical. I want some of your opinions about it! Additional note: I played on RE. Thanks!
European Union aaryngend
Howdah
Clan: N3O

Re: Is Japan OP?

Post by aaryngend »

Yes Japan is very OP, just watch this game.
viewtopic.php?p=483112#p483112

If you can't beat them.. join them!
I suggest you play Japan yourself :chinese:
No Flag howlingwolfpaw
Jaeger

Post by howlingwolfpaw »

Japan has some of the most OP wonders as well... that budha with reformers.... just game breaking.
Great Britain CuCkO0
Dragoon
ESO: CuCkO0

Post by CuCkO0 »

No

As with every civ, it has its weaknesses if you’re playing correctly
KINGofOsmane wrote:If Elo is down what are we even fighting for
Australia Kawapasaka
ESOC Pro Team

Post by Kawapasaka »

Just sieging shrines is often the worst thing you can against Japan. When you have units and they don't, idling 30 vills is a lot better than slowly killing 1-2 that can instantly be replaced. Right click his base!
Australia wardyb1
Retired Contributor
Donator 01
ESO: wardyb1

Post by wardyb1 »

Also the India Japan mu is definitely Japanese favoured. There are plenty of counters to Japan on re to highlight their weaknesses.
“To love the journey is to accept no such end. I have found, through painful experience, that the most important step a person can take is always the next one.”
No Flag Astaroth
Howdah

Post by Astaroth »

On RE, if he doesn't wall up like crazy, you can win with a rush or timing push as India.

If he does, you can do a super greeedy semi FF, deny all shrines, get all TPs and mass sepoy ghurka.
Netherlands Mr_Bramboy
Retired Contributor
Donator 01
ESO: [VOC] Bram

Post by Mr_Bramboy »

On RE, yes. Though Japan does have some hard counters in the form of Aztecs, Iroquois, Ottoman.
Vietnam duckzilla
Jaeger

Post by duckzilla »

I think India has problems against Japan, because India does not really have a good counter to Yumis. You can try to use Sowars (Mahout later), but they die easily if the Japanese mixes a small batch of Ashis into his Yumis. All other Indian units (especially age II of course) simply die to Yumi.
Whatever is written above: this is no financial advice.

Beati pauperes spiritu.
Australia Peachrocks
Lancer
ESO: Peachrocks

Post by Peachrocks »

Kawapasaka wrote:Just sieging shrines is often the worst thing you can against Japan. When you have units and they don't, idling 30 vills is a lot better than slowly killing 1-2 that can instantly be replaced. Right click his base!
It does bother me that this isn't more effective and one of the biggest issues I have with Japan's design. No civ should be more or less raid proof.
Australia wardyb1
Retired Contributor
Donator 01
ESO: wardyb1

Post by wardyb1 »

Peachrocks wrote:
Kawapasaka wrote:Just sieging shrines is often the worst thing you can against Japan. When you have units and they don't, idling 30 vills is a lot better than slowly killing 1-2 that can instantly be replaced. Right click his base!
It does bother me that this isn't more effective and one of the biggest issues I have with Japan's design. No civ should be more or less raid proof.
You know a better way to make them not raid proof without hurting the shrine mechanic? Only allow 1 berry orchard to be placed within a certain radius of the tc.
“To love the journey is to accept no such end. I have found, through painful experience, that the most important step a person can take is always the next one.”
France louis293
Musketeer
ESO: obelix293

Post by louis293 »

i agree japan is op imo (play RE also), walls are just too strong for them on RE combined with yumi and very low map control needs. Even if aztecs is the perfect counter for them for most civs is a nigthmare to play against a japan lamer. I also like to play some teamgames (not 4v4 deccan but mostly 2v2 std) its rlly annoying how much eco and mid/late game they get. Its very hard to get enough culvs out to counter the aschi/fcanons and there eco when u look post games stats is often ridiculous. Sometimes i host games "2v2 no japan" xD