ESOC Chat Language/Brazil

Brazil look
Howdah
ESO: LoOk_tOm

ESOC Chat Language/Brazil

Post by look »

today we had the lower final, some dumb moderator simply thought it was bad because we were talking in portuguese, in the middle of 2020 with instant translate..
I don't understand why there are still people who feel uncomfortable with something so small
English is not the universal language, each country has its own native language
because we had a Brazilian in the final, there were many Brazilians, and talking in Portuguese
most intriguing yet, was to see cometk being racist(a person trash)
if you agree with this attitude, i withdraw from this community, respect is still important for me, and for my country and for my language too, and for any other.
Kaiser sucks
Garja Noob
grunt the best
Kickass God
BSOP OP
France Kaiserklein
Pro Player
GameRanger ID: 5529322

Re: ESOC Chat Language/Brazil

Post by Kaiserklein »

Well the obvious answer is that it's their chat so they have their rules. If they said the only allowed language is English, you can either respect it or leave the chat.

The other answer is that we need a common language to communicate together, and it just so happens it's English. By typing in Portuguese you just split the chat into 2 sides that can't understand each other. Imagine if every country did that and you had 10+ languages at the same time in the chat, it would be impossible to understand or to moderate. The whole point of the twitch chat is to type with people from the chat, if you want to type to Brazilian people only, I guess you can do it on discord or whatever
LoOk_tOm wrote:I have something in particular against Kaisar (GERMANY NOOB mercenary LAMME FOREVER) And the other people (noobs) like suck kaiser ... just this ..
United States of America gustavusadolphus
Lancer

Post by gustavusadolphus »

I see it is against the chat rules, but i think an exception could be made for this round. Too bad the twitch Chanel would prefer to exclude some viewer interaction in the name of easier chat moderation.
10000 gallon fiberglass, FNS plus DE filter 48 square foot, ray pack Mini Max 512 BTU gas heater, one Sip n Oodle, NO ZEOSAND
France Kaiserklein
Pro Player

Post by Kaiserklein »

But then you make exceptions for basically each round since it's rarely only english-speaking nations
LoOk_tOm wrote:I have something in particular against Kaisar (GERMANY NOOB mercenary LAMME FOREVER) And the other people (noobs) like suck kaiser ... just this ..
Finland somp
Dragoon

Post by somp »

cometk so racist that somalians get super bans
Brazil look
Howdah

Post by look »

rules can be understood, but certain attitudes are inadmissible
Kaiser sucks
Garja Noob
grunt the best
Kickass God
BSOP OP
France Kaiserklein
Pro Player

Post by Kaiserklein »

look wrote:rules can be understood, but certain attitudes are inadmissible
Idk I wasn't there, but I don't see Cometk being racist
Tuvalu gibson
Ninja
ECL Reigning Champs

Post by gibson »

boy shick
Brazil look
Howdah

Post by look »

Kaiserklein wrote:
Attachments
IMG-20200910-WA0015.jpg
Kaiser sucks
Garja Noob
grunt the best
Kickass God
BSOP OP
United States of America Cometk
Retired Contributor

Post by Cometk »

@look I apologize for the offense I caused. Rather, I was trying to make a meme from another BR community I'm apart of in a different game, where jokes like this are common. I understand that wasn't really okay here, where people won't get the context.

I'm in favor of different languages being allowed in the chat, especially when a popular player from the community is involved (Portuguese for lemmings' matches, Turkish for iamturk, etc.) I think it's a lot of fun when the different communities can come together and get hyped for someone from their niche getting shine on ESOCTV. I was spamming a lot of Portuguese messages in chat, and I got banned and demodded by the other moderators in the process haha. From my perspective it's all in good fun. But of course, that doesn't excuse what I said, and I understand why it was taken as offensive. Please know that it was an edgy inside joke from another BR community, not intended as some real racist thing.
Finland somp
Dragoon

Post by somp »

lets see how much microsoft wants to cooperate with esoc when admin is making brazilian monkeys jokes lel
Brazil Likansing
Musketeer
ESO: Likansing

Post by Likansing »

look wrote:
Kaiserklein wrote:

ridiculous comment by cometk. lets see how serious is the community.
France iNcog
Ninja

Post by iNcog »

what was specifically said?
YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/incog_aoe
Garja wrote:
20 Mar 2020, 21:46
I just hope DE is not going to implement all of the EP changes. Right now it is a big clusterfuck.
European Union aaryngend
Howdah
Clan: N3O

Post by aaryngend »

Cometk wrote:@look I apologize for the offense I caused. Rather, I was trying to make a meme from another BR community I'm apart of in a different game, where jokes like this are common. I understand that wasn't really okay here, where people won't get the context.

I'm in favor of different languages being allowed in the chat, especially when a popular player from the community is involved (Portuguese for lemmings' matches, Turkish for iamturk, etc.) I think it's a lot of fun when the different communities can come together and get hyped for someone from their niche getting shine on ESOCTV. I was spamming a lot of Portuguese messages in chat, and I got banned and demodded by the other moderators in the process haha. From my perspective it's all in good fun. But of course, that doesn't excuse what I said, and I understand why it was taken as offensive. Please know that it was an edgy inside joke from another BR community, not intended as some real racist thing.
If you could get members of that other BR community here and explain the whole situation to the local ESOC brazilians, I think this could be resolved amicably.

Last but not least:
India rsy
Jaeger
Donator 01

Post by rsy »

Likansing wrote:
look wrote:
Show hidden quotes

ridiculous comment by cometk. lets see how serious is the community.
quoting him
"it was an edgy inside joke from another BR community, not intended as some real racist thing"
+ he apologized for it
Netherlands edeholland
ESOC Community Team
Donator 01
ESO: edeholland
GameRanger ID: 4053888
Clan: ESOC

Post by edeholland »

Next time we can make a separate chat room for non-English so they can chat while not disturbing the main English chat. :)
Brazil peediin
Musketeer

Post by peediin »

People dramatize a lot too. I don't see why penalizing Cometk for this situation, maybe it was out of context, but he apologized. Life goes on, people.
Great Britain Riotcoke
Retired Contributor
ECL Reigning ChampsDonator 01
ESO: Riotcoke
Clan: UwU

Post by Riotcoke »

(a person trash)

twitch.tv/stangoesdeepTV
Brazil Likansing
Musketeer
ESO: Likansing

Post by Likansing »

he had almost the entire series to say may bad, my apology ... but he did not. A kid behavior.
He kept typing instead of having fun with the series..
Brazil lemmings121
Jaeger
ESO: lemmings121

Post by lemmings121 »

ok, finished the game just to see the caos in chat. Imo, portuguese should just not be allowed in chat, as any other language. there are lots of German/French players and i'm happy they arent spamming the chat in their native languages...

Now, for what I've seen cometk realized the mistake and apologized, so its fine, but fyi, calling people monkeys is really, really a bad idea, so please avoid this in the future.
France iNcog
Ninja

Post by iNcog »

Since no one answers.

Cometk is one of the least racist people on the forums. There is difference between friendly ribbing and actual racism. One should be careful to not conflate the two. Also fragile national pride is something to be careful of. That's how Trumps and other fascists get empowered.
Garja wrote:
I just hope DE is not going to implement all of the EP changes. Right now it is a big clusterfuck.
Brazil lemmings121
Jaeger

Post by lemmings121 »

iNcog wrote:Since no one answers.

Cometk is one of the least racist people on the forums. There is difference between friendly ribbing and actual racism. One should be careful to not conflate the two. Also fragile national pride is something to be careful of. That's how Trumps and other fascists get empowered.
Yes, comet usually is a really nice guy, so I assume it was just a mistake, not really knowing the meaning of what was said.

But don't minimize it. I always find weird how Americans say "the N word" as something really bad, so bad that the word itself shouldn't even be written, but then calling a foreigner the equivalent word "is just a joke bro". Not about national pride here, just racism.
Brazil t3rror1sta
Dragoon
ESO: Knight_br

Post by t3rror1sta »

peediin wrote:People dramatize a lot too. I don't see why penalizing Cometk for this situation, maybe it was out of context, but he apologized. Life goes on, people.
Yep,
focus on the revenge..
France iNcog
Ninja

Post by iNcog »

lemmings121 wrote:
iNcog wrote:Since no one answers.

Yes, comet usually is a really nice guy, so I assume it was just a mistake, not really knowing the meaning of what was said.

But don't minimize it. I always find weird how Americans say "the N word" as something really bad, so bad that the word itself shouldn't even be written, but then calling a foreigner the equivalent word "is just a joke bro". Not about national pride here, just racism.
Oh? What word was the equivalent of nigger? I'm quite interested in learning about Brazilian culture on this one because I don't fully know or understand.

I will stick to my guns however, that nationalism (not patriotism) should lose its place in our world.
Garja wrote:
Brazil lemmings121
Jaeger

Post by lemmings121 »

iNcog wrote:I'm quite interested in learning about Brazilian culture on this one because I don't fully know or understand..
just dont call people monkeys and you will be fine :flowers: