Current favourite Native’s to use?

Ireland Snow Lynx
Musketeer

Current favourite Native’s to use?

Post by Snow Lynx »

What’s your current favourite natives to ally with? Doesn’t necessarily have to be the ones you think are the strongest, just your favourite :biggrin:

Also, what situations do you find them useful in?

I apologise if this thread has been made recently and I missed it. I just recently got annihilated during a LAN match with a friend on Plymouth due to the fact I ignored allying with the natives and he didn’t. Just made me think a bit more about them, and would quite to hear some different opinions. :smile:
How do you write a signature?
Netherlands edeholland
ESOC Community Team
Donator 01
ESO: edeholland
GameRanger ID: 4053888
Clan: ESOC

Re: Current favourite Native’s to use?

Post by edeholland »

I love the Nootka hero.

I also love the stupid amount of HP a Cree Tracker has.
Ireland Snow Lynx
Musketeer

Post by Snow Lynx »

edeholland wrote:I love the Nootka hero.

Man, I forgot about the Nootka hero! How much HP does a Cree Tracker have? I thought they were meant to be skirmisher style units, so I never really bothered with them before :smile:
Sweden Hawk_Girl
Dragoon
Donator 01

Post by Hawk_Girl »

french nats on high plains is literally unparalleled in terms of nats
Canada dansil92
Retired Contributor
ESO: dansil92

Post by dansil92 »

Snow Lynx wrote:
edeholland wrote:I love the Nootka hero.

Man, I forgot about the Nootka hero! How much HP does a Cree Tracker have? I thought they were meant to be skirmisher style units, so I never really bothered with them before :smile:
Base Cree hp is 300hp. Absolute tanks

My favourite native unit is the Cherokee/Klamath riflemen (both have identical stats). They hot a nice middle ground of tanky, good damge, not overpriced. Solid colonial unit for civs stuck with archers age 2, and stacks up on upgrades really well
Great Britain Riotcoke
Retired Contributor
ECL Reigning ChampsDonator 01
ESO: Riotcoke
Clan: UwU

Post by Riotcoke »

Cheroke, thing with nats is you either want a map with lots of nat posts with decent natives, or a map with good natives and 2 nat posts in a good location, on all the cherokee maps they have a good location and their units are skirms so you just cherokee or cherokee toma with iro.

twitch.tv/stangoesdeepTV
France chronique
Advanced Player
ESO: poissondu44

Post by chronique »

Huron rush ofc!
Germany Lukas_L99
Pro Player
Donator 01
ESO: Lukas_L99

Post by Lukas_L99 »

Rattans
Ireland Snow Lynx
Musketeer

Post by Snow Lynx »

chronique wrote:Huron rush ofc!
Was on the receiving end of this, can confirm it works XD
Ireland Snow Lynx
Musketeer

Post by Snow Lynx »

Hawk_Girl wrote:french nats on high plains is literally unparalleled in terms of nats
Is it just because of the HC card the French get where they can train more natives? Or what’s the reason?
Sweden Hawk_Girl
Dragoon
Donator 01

Post by Hawk_Girl »

Snow Lynx wrote:
Hawk_Girl wrote:french nats on high plains is literally unparalleled in terms of nats
Is it just because of the HC card the French get where they can train more natives? Or what’s the reason?
french have 2 nat upgrades in age 2 and 1 big one in age 3. on top of that cav attack in age 2 and cav combat in age 3 work on the cav nats of hp. On top of that the upgrades in the nats synchronize really well. Having 700hp hand cav in age 3 that is faster than goons due to the comanche tech and also have a multiplier vs all cav including goons from the cheyenee nat post is just unparallel in terms of nats
Ireland Snow Lynx
Musketeer

Post by Snow Lynx »

Hawk_Girl wrote:
Snow Lynx wrote:
french have 2 nat upgrades in age 2 and 1 big one in age 3. on top of that cav attack in age 2 and cav combat in age 3 work on the cav nats of hp. On top of that the upgrades in the nats synchronize really well. Having 700hp hand cav in age 3 that is faster than goons due to the comanche tech and also have a multiplier vs all cav including goons from the cheyenee nat post is just unparallel in terms of nats
Man that’s insane actually. Defo gonna try that, thanks for the tip :biggrin:
Canada dansil92
Retired Contributor

Post by dansil92 »

I also think Zen settlements eg. Shohei are very underrated. They outclass euro pikes by a significant margin. Not always the best unit type to have but a mix of strelet and sohei has proven effective for me before due to easy macro and how much better they are than ruskets.
France [Armag] diarouga
Ninja
NWC LAN Gold
ESO: diarouga

Post by [Armag] diarouga »

dansil92 wrote:I also think Zen settlements eg. Shohei are very underrated. They outclass euro pikes by a significant margin. Not always the best unit type to have but a mix of strelet and sohei has proven effective for me before due to easy macro and how much better they are than ruskets.
Do you have the eco to train both strels and soheis though ?
Ireland Snow Lynx
Musketeer

Post by Snow Lynx »

dansil92 wrote:I also think Zen settlements eg. Shohei are very underrated. They outclass euro pikes by a significant margin. Not always the best unit type to have but a mix of strelet and sohei has proven effective for me before due to easy macro and how much better they are than ruskets.
I agree actually, I quite like the Sohei. I’ve found them pretty useful when I’ve been British as the Sohei once upgraded are much better than pikemen.
Argentina Jets
Dragoon
ESO: SsJetstream
Clan: FPL

Post by Jets »

Apaches of course, early dragoons are quite impactful if you're playing on colonial.
Italy Blastkiller
Dragoon
ESO: Blastkiller

Post by Blastkiller »

[Armag] diarouga wrote:
Do you have the eco to train both strels and soheis though ?
If aizamk states that it is possible to make strelet + nootka it is also possible for shohei
No one will escape from me, from my Russians, neither a troll nor a hacker nor a smurf, they will all give days in front of my strelets
No Flag howlingwolfpaw
Jaeger

Post by howlingwolfpaw »

I do not use them often as they are on few maps I play

but I like the apache.... for some raiding to pressure people into their walls. or chase down fleeing vils

also the sufi elephants are fun to use.
Italy Blastkiller
Dragoon

Post by Blastkiller »

However I prefer shohei or nootka, I find them useful when I have skirmishers costing food and wood so I don't invest in money initially, I do so main you if rush, I have a good siege and better anticav with some civilizations (Russia)
No one will escape from me, from my Russians, neither a troll nor a hacker nor a smurf, they will all give days in front of my strelets
Ireland Snow Lynx
Musketeer

Post by Snow Lynx »

howlingwolfpaw wrote:I do not use them often as they are on few maps I play

but I like the apache.... for some raiding to pressure people into their walls. or chase down fleeing vils

also the sufi elephants are fun to use.
I do like the Sufi elephants, especially if you manage to get 2 Sufi trading posts like on Borneo cos then 12 elephants is awesome :biggrin:
Canada dansil92
Retired Contributor

Post by dansil92 »

I really like a sufi open as iro or azzy just because it is so unexpected to have a massive early cav push. Sufi arent like, the best unit ever, nor can you mass them and of course the little icon ruins the surprise for an observant opponent, but something about sufi and tomahawk is just so oddly satisfying
Ireland Snow Lynx
Musketeer

Post by Snow Lynx »

dansil92 wrote:I really like a sufi open as iro or azzy just because it is so unexpected to have a massive early cav push. Sufi arent like, the best unit ever, nor can you mass them and of course the little icon ruins the surprise for an observant opponent, but something about sufi and tomahawk is just so oddly satisfying
True that, especially with Aztec. Sufi elephants with Mac or Coyote runners is such a good combo early on as the Sufi can soak up a good bit of damage for the other units. :smile:
Italy Blastkiller
Dragoon

Post by Blastkiller »

Snow Lynx wrote:
dansil92 wrote:I really like a sufi open as iro or azzy just because it is so unexpected to have a massive early cav push. Sufi arent like, the best unit ever, nor can you mass them and of course the little icon ruins the surprise for an observant opponent, but something about sufi and tomahawk is just so oddly satisfying
True that, especially with Aztec. Sufi elephants with Mac or Coyote runners is such a good combo early on as the Sufi can soak up a good bit of damage for the other units. :smile:
That way you double cav and everything is countered by hussars or stronger cavs except if you have pike in between
Brazil macacoalbino
Howdah
ESO: MacacoAlbino
Clan: 3Huss

Post by macacoalbino »

When I started playing aoe I really enjoyed the cree skirms they look kinda nice and I think they were the only natives I saw with rifles (Nilla times). After TAD i kinda liked the Jesuits because we study them in history classes as kids lol

India TNT333
Lancer
ESO: TNT333

Post by TNT333 »

Rattans stronks
"We are kings or pawns" Napoleon Bonaparte