Netherlands edeholland
ESOC Community Team
Donator 01
ESO: edeholland
GameRanger ID: 4053888
Clan: ESOC

URUMI

Post by edeholland »

I think cannons are the best counter, because Urumi are maybe the only inf/cav unit in the game that cannot do melee damage :p
No Flag Jaeger
Jaeger

URUMI

Post by Jaeger »

neuron wrote:Their damage model is of melee skirms, but they''re not countered like skirms.
Actually cav and lancers do counter them, but non lancer cav don''t counter them TOO hard.
last time i cryed was because i stood on Lego
No Flag Einfein
Dragoon

URUMI

Post by Einfein »

I've found that kiting/splitting with mass skirms (heck, even muskets if I have the numbers) will eventually kill them. They tank very well with great stats, but again I've found kiting works well enough. I usually have a few cav out front trying to body block them from getting right up to my ranged inf. They really are a unit that you need to prepare for in advance, sort of like mamelukes.

I guess they are skirmishers with whips?
"He's just got more stuff, and sometimes just having more stuff, despite the fact you have better positioning or better micro just doesn't matter because sometimes when you just got more stuff you just win the game." - ZutaZuta
No Flag adderbrain5
Lancer

URUMI

Post by adderbrain5 »

If anyone cares historically they are a real thing YouTube it and you can see ppl in india thaT still practice them. Urumi is the name of the weopan it is a long thin flexible multi bladed sword whip type thing that takes a whole lifetime to train. There is imo no solid evidence to suggest that practitioners of this art serving in armies were amazing at tanking volleys of musket fire and raping musket lines but WE
United States of America cedarfarms
Dragoon
ESO: Cedar_farms_

URUMI

Post by cedarfarms »

@adderbrain5 sometimes i think you forget this is a game lol, of course history is incorporated but you cant follow history perfectly, like i saw you mention before that in real life an xbow or any archer for that matter would kill a hussar in one shot, thats perfectly true but wouldnt make for much of a game besides giants fights of archers lol. With that being said, i do usually agree with you statements about history tho, and i did go watch a video of two urimi fighting and the way they use the sword is actually kind of similar to the way they attack in the game. And the sword is like some kind of flexible steel i guess that allows them to hit their targets from semi far away so I think they got it right with the hole aspect of urimi doing a hand attack animation from a small range, but i still would have made it hand damage personally.
Brazil lemmings121
Jaeger
ESO: lemmings121

URUMI

Post by lemmings121 »

Urumis can be absurdly good, or with poor micro, just useless.

The thing is that they need good positioning to deal their damage, They have won me games where the oponent just overextended and a urumi pop over (or behind) their mainly infatary army just rapes everything.
A recent game of mine was against lb pike, using the range properly lbs should destroy urumis, but the brit jjust sit on the side of my tc, and a few consulate huss + 7 urumis torn apart a double value army...

And they are not good against cav, they atack from close, but still do ranged dmg, so cav RR still works, and they also have RR, so cav do full dmg..

in the end, an OP unit, good thing india usualy only has acess to 7 of the them each game.
No Flag adderbrain5
Lancer

URUMI

Post by adderbrain5 »

cedarfarms wrote:@adderbrain5 sometimes i think you forget this is a game lol, of course history is incorporated but you cant follow history perfectly, like i saw you mention before that in real life an xbow or any archer for that matter would kill a hussar in one shot, thats perfectly true but wouldnt make for much of a game besides giants fights of archers lol. With that being said, i do usually agree with you statements about history tho, and i did go watch a video of two urimi fighting and the way they use the sword is actually kind of similar to the way they attack in the game. And the sword is like some kind of flexible steel i guess that allows them to hit their targets from semi far away so I think they got it right with the hole aspect of urimi doing a hand attack animation from a small range, but i still would have made it hand damage personally.

man I understand that. Just thought I''d share some knowledge anyone curious might find interesting yea I didn''t even want to attack them like that too hard but I agree they should realistically do melee. It does work from balancing pov tho here''s a link to a picture: https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Urumi#/ ... kaduwa.jpg