Paralympic Games Tournament

No Flag wingman2
Crossbow

Paralympic Games Tournament

Post by wingman2 »

Hello,

will there ever be a Paralympic Games Tournament (1 vs 1 or team) for Age of Empires III? :pop:
Players with only one hand haven't had a chance to compete in the recent competitions.

Thank you very much,
wingman2
Great Britain Riotcoke
Retired Contributor
ECL Reigning ChampsDonator 01
ESO: Riotcoke
Clan: UwU

Re: Paralympic Games Tournament

Post by Riotcoke »

Sounds like a nice idea, the only issue i have is i feel that it's very specific and the community for AOE3 is probably not large enough to accomodate. Maybe you can join in some lower ranking tournaments that can probably accomodate it

twitch.tv/stangoesdeepTV
Germany japanesegeneral
Lancer
ESO: JapaneseGeneral

Post by japanesegeneral »

I would love to see a blind people competion aswell. After having seen a paralympic comeption of blind archery, i am quite impressed at what people are capable off. Though you would probably need some kind of help, like somebody telling you what is going on.
6 petards a day keep the doctor away.
Australia Hazza54321
Pro Player
Winter Champion 2020 x2Donator 01
ESO: PrinceofBabu

Post by Hazza54321 »

i usually beat kaiserklein with one hand does that count
Denmark voigt1240
Lancer
ESO: voigt

Post by voigt1240 »

It's limited how many limbless people that Are playing this game
Germany japanesegeneral
Lancer
ESO: JapaneseGeneral

Post by japanesegeneral »

voigt1240 wrote:It's limited how many limbless otters that Are playing this game
Well you could make it like wheelchair baketball. Including everybody while making sure everyone is playing with the same handicap.
6 petards a day keep the doctor away.
United States of America _H2O
ESOC Business Team
Donator 06
ESO: _H2O

Post by _H2O »

That is a good idea japaneseGeneral. When I first read this I was thinking there are not enough people to even play an unrestricted event, let alone any specialized sub group of players.

The problem with this sort of event is enforcement of the rules. We would have to require webcams to be live for the entire game showing the keyboard and mouse to verify.

Also voigt... I assume that’s a typo. Looks like a phone typed post with the capital “Are”.

I feel like playing this game one handed would actually be a massive handicap. You would need to bind a lot of things to a mouse with hotkeys buttons I believe.
Denmark voigt1240
Lancer
ESO: voigt

Post by voigt1240 »

Oh right sorry, did not mean it in a bad way. Otters are cute. Maybe it's just a danish saying.
United States of America _H2O
ESOC Business Team
Donator 06
ESO: _H2O

Post by _H2O »

Thanks for the correction! I remember callen has a ton of things on his mouse for some reason. I wonder if anyone else has mouse tips for one handed play
United States of America musketeer925
Retired Contributor
Donator 01
ESO: musketeer925

Post by musketeer925 »

_H2O wrote: I feel like playing this game one handed would actually be a massive handicap. You would need to bind a lot of things to a mouse with hotkeys buttons I believe.
That definitely begs the question, what kind of mice would be allowed in this kind of tournament? Some mice have quite a lot of buttons:

I'm not sure how many people play with these sorts of mice, but it seems like it'd be a big advantage in a one-handed tournament. Conversely, it seems likely that anyone with only one hand are likely to have this kind of mouse. You wouldn't want to force anyone to have to play with a different mouse than they usually do, either.
Netherlands Mr_Bramboy
Retired Contributor
Donator 01
ESO: [VOC] Bram

Post by Mr_Bramboy »

@musketeer925 In other RTS games, mouse buttons like these are allowed providing one action still corresponds to one result. This corresponds with our current tournament rules. So you cannot set a mouse hotkey to select a barracks and train five units in one click.
France Kao
ESOC Dev Team
Donator 01
ESO: filoual

Post by Kao »

Well the fact is @Mr_Bramboy , those button can be configured to start macros or to replace a combination of buttons hmm. So those buttons can exactly do what is not allowed
United States of America Squamiger
Howdah
ESO: Squamiger

Post by Squamiger »

Kao wrote:Well the fact is @Mr_Bramboy , those button can be configured to start macros or to replace a combination of buttons hmm. So those buttons can exactly do what is not allowed
Well so can any button on your keyboard, that’s just called cheating and it’s banned in all tourneys
France Kao
ESOC Dev Team
Donator 01
ESO: filoual

Post by Kao »

Some keyboards might require you to download an external software. Not the case of those mouse. That's why you need to be careful on how they are configured.
Latvia harcha
Gendarme
ESO: hatamoto_samurai

Post by harcha »

musketeer925 wrote:
_H2O wrote: I feel like playing this game one handed would actually be a massive handicap. You would need to bind a lot of things to a mouse with hotkeys buttons I believe.
That definitely begs the question, what kind of mice would be allowed in this kind of tournament? Some mice have quite a lot of buttons:

I'm not sure how many people play with these sorts of mice, but it seems like it'd be a big advantage in a one-handed tournament. Conversely, it seems likely that anyone with only one hand are likely to have this kind of mouse. You wouldn't want to force anyone to have to play with a different mouse than they usually do, either.
you don't need a fancy mouse, you can press keyb buttons with your mouse hand too.

also i've been thinking how good it would be to learn to use smth like this for regular competitive games, not to mention here...

that does require a chair without wheels
POC wrote:Also I most likely know a whole lot more than you.
POC wrote:Also as an objective third party, and near 100% accuracy of giving correct information, I would say my opinions are more reliable than yours.
United States of America Squamiger
Howdah
ESO: Squamiger

Post by Squamiger »

what about a rig that attaches sensors to your eyelids so you can blink once to make muskets, blink twice to make skirms. wink with your left eye for melee mode, wink with your right eye for cover mode. OP GG EZ NO RE
United States of America evilcheadar
Gendarme

Post by evilcheadar »

Just do straight up 1 hand 1 mouse right and left click only I'm interested in a tourney like this tbh
A post not made is a post given away

A slushie a day keeps the refill thread at bay

Jackson Pollock was the best poster to ever to post on these forums
Canada Mitoe
Advanced Theory Craftsman
ESO: Mitoe
GameRanger ID: 346407

Post by Mitoe »

I recently tried to play a game one handed and found it more difficult than I expected, haha.

Unfortunately I don't see how you would enforce it. Also, would you be allowed to use your keyboard if it meant you had to take your hand off of the mouse to do it?
No Flag fightinfrenchman
Ninja
Donator 04

Post by fightinfrenchman »

Mitoe wrote:I recently tried to play a game one handed and found it more difficult than I expected, haha.
What prompted this?
Dromedary Scone Mix is not Alone Mix
Canada Mitoe
Advanced Theory Craftsman
ESO: Mitoe
GameRanger ID: 346407

Post by Mitoe »

fightinfrenchman wrote:
Mitoe wrote:I recently tried to play a game one handed and found it more difficult than I expected, haha.
What prompted this?
I was teaching a friend who's never played RTS the basics, and I ended up playing vs a corporal while he was watching.

P.S. I'm sorry to whomever you were, sir corporal. I do not remember your name.
No Flag fightinfrenchman
Ninja
Donator 04

Post by fightinfrenchman »

Mitoe wrote:
fightinfrenchman wrote:
What prompted this?
I was teaching a friend who's never played RTS the basics, and I ended up playing vs a corporal while he was watching.

You should really apologize to me for messing up my joke
Dromedary Scone Mix is not Alone Mix
Nauru Dolan
Ninja

Post by Dolan »

If eye-tracking pointing devices get better, this might not even be an obstacle for people with a limb disability anymore.

In fact, there probably already is a market for these devices, but I'm not sure how good they are. For example: https://gaming.tobii.com/
Recently Microsoft has been adding some extra support for eye-tracking in Windows too, so maybe competitive gaming with the help of eye-tracking devices might become a thing soon.
Latvia harcha
Gendarme
ESO: hatamoto_samurai

Post by harcha »

fightinfrenchman wrote:
Mitoe wrote:
Show hidden quotes

You should really apologize to me for messing up my joke
You're getting ahead of yourself, that was just a setup.
Dolan wrote:If eye-tracking pointing devices get better, this might not even be an obstacle for people with a limb disability anymore.

In fact, there probably already is a market for these devices, but I'm not sure how good they are. For example: https://gaming.tobii.com/
Recently Microsoft has been adding some extra support for eye-tracking in Windows too, so maybe competitive gaming with the help of eye-tracking devices might become a thing soon.
POC wrote:Also I most likely know a whole lot more than you.
POC wrote:Also as an objective third party, and near 100% accuracy of giving correct information, I would say my opinions are more reliable than yours.
European Union Scroogie
Lancer
ESO: Scroogie
GameRanger ID: 10056919

Post by Scroogie »

I played one-handed vs a Corporal as well, is very demanding since you cant shift-click or have control groups. I also didnt use any mouse-hotkeys.
Me being slightly ahead vs H2O: Image
No Flag masterchif
Crossbow

Post by masterchif »

Hazza54321 wrote:i usually beat kaiserklein with one hand does that count
Does not count, cause of this dudes mental disability