Realistation

Great Britain Riotcoke
Retired Contributor
ECL Reigning ChampsDonator 01
ESO: Riotcoke
Clan: UwU

Realistation

Post by Riotcoke »

Due to scrolling thru all my posts on ESOC to trim some of the older stuff i've come to realisation that although i've spent 80 percent of the time that i've actually played AOE3 online just trying to troll with mercs and other pretty bad strats (Which totals around 14 months of the 18 i've actually played online properly).

With DE just around the corner i've realised that it might be a good idea to actually try a meta build, what's the best bog standard build to start sweating out?

twitch.tv/stangoesdeepTV
No Flag deleted_user
Ninja

Re: Realistation

Post by deleted_user »

brit musk huss
Netherlands Mr_Bramboy
Retired Contributor
Donator 01
ESO: [VOC] Bram

Post by Mr_Bramboy »

Probably best to start off with some grammar lessons first.
Vietnam duckzilla
Jaeger

Post by duckzilla »

Otto jan rush
Whatever is written above: this is no financial advice.

Beati pauperes spiritu.
Armenia Sargsyan
Jaeger
Donator 01
ESO: lamergamer
Clan: c0ns

Post by Sargsyan »

russia 5 4 13
krichk wrote:For some reason, you want the world to know that you're brave enough to challenge Challenger_Marco
France [Armag] diarouga
Ninja
NWC LAN Gold
ESO: diarouga

Post by [Armag] diarouga »

Otto tower ff if you want to lame, else I guess fre semi builds, China ff and Russia 5coss/700w/700c are also very solid builds.
France chronique
Advanced Player
ESO: poissondu44

Post by chronique »

I think you don't need the step "double rax jan". Depend of what kind of style you like. If you want stay with german you can ff 3sw into skirm/ww vs no aggro civ and xbow vs more aggro (like iro).
Serbia ShinkuroYukinari
Dragoon
ESO: ShinkuroYukinari
Clan: BANIN

Post by ShinkuroYukinari »

French pike xbow is extremely straightforward and reliable. Much like France in general :)
My signature was removed, MOD ABUSE!
Latvia harcha
Gendarme
ESO: hatamoto_samurai

Post by harcha »

japan sit-in-my-base-and-wait-for-win
POC wrote:Also I most likely know a whole lot more than you.
POC wrote:Also as an objective third party, and near 100% accuracy of giving correct information, I would say my opinions are more reliable than yours.
France [Armag] diarouga
Ninja
NWC LAN Gold

chronique wrote:I think you don't need the step "double rax jan". Depend of what kind of style you like. If you want stay with german you can ff 3sw into skirm/ww vs no aggro civ and xbow vs more aggro (like iro).
Germany is much harder to master than some other civs though, and it's not the best civ anymore, so that's a lot of work for little reward.
France [Armag] diarouga
Ninja
NWC LAN Gold

harcha wrote:japan sit-in-my-base-and-wait-for-win
It takes a lot of time to learn this playstyle though, and it's not very good at high level so I wouldn't recommand it.
Vietnam duckzilla
Jaeger

Post by duckzilla »

[Armag] diarouga wrote:Germany is much harder to master
lol hard to master...

1. send eco theory first
2. go ff
3. send germantown farmers
4. ...
5. proft
Whatever is written above: this is no financial advice.

Beati pauperes spiritu.
No Flag deleted_user
Ninja

Post by deleted_user »

iro big button rush works fine
Italy gamevideo113
Howdah
ESO: gamevideo113

Post by gamevideo113 »

Porto 10/10
[Some people aspire to be pr30+, some people aspire to have fun, and some people aspire to play 3v3 Deccan.] - vividlyplain - 2019 Who (nationality) rape ?
stupid logic. noob players can say op?
toxic, Insult, Racism ?
France chronique
Advanced Player
ESO: poissondu44

Post by chronique »

[Armag] diarouga wrote: Germany is much harder to master than some other civs though, and it's not the best civ anymore, so that's a lot of work for little reward.
He is capi ^^, at this level you can start to learn the civ you want (and german is not that difficicult imo).
France [Armag] diarouga
Ninja
NWC LAN Gold

chronique wrote:
[Armag] diarouga wrote: Germany is much harder to master than some other civs though, and it's not the best civ anymore, so that's a lot of work for little reward.
He is capi ^^, at this level you can start to learn the civ you want (and german is not that difficicult imo).
It's not that easy, because you have to figure out how to play each match up. With some civs (like Otto, France, Russia), most of the match-ups are the same. With Germany you need to have different timings and unit compositions, and the micro is slightly harder than the easy civs.
Great Britain CuCkO0
Dragoon
ESO: CuCkO0

Post by CuCkO0 »

Honestly, with DE right around the corner,the whole meta scene will be drastically different anyway we all know this.

If you’re wanting to start out, you need to think what civ you’re most knowledgable about, the one you can perform with best.

It’s cool to be able to play loads of civs but I feel that you should work on your 1 strongest civ, become fluent in how you play it and know it’s ins and outs. Situations in gameplay are always fluid, you need to be able to adapt to any given situation.

A lot of people struggle to improve because they’re stubborn and won’t stray from their generic build order, which is many peoples downfalls unfortunately.

Pick your civ, play with it until you feel you can comfortably move onto another.

Generic builds would be things such as musk/huss, bow/pike etc. Civ dependant.
KINGofOsmane wrote:If Elo is down what are we even fighting for
France [Armag] diarouga
Ninja
NWC LAN Gold

Honestly, with DE right around the corner,the whole meta scene will be drastically different anyway we all know this.
On what do you base that ?
It’s cool to be able to play loads of civs but I feel that you should work on your 1 strongest civ, become fluent in how you play it and know it’s ins and outs. Situations in gameplay are always fluid, you need to be able to adapt to any given situation.
Agreed. It's more enjoyable to play every civ and every playstyle, but to improve (and even at competitive level tbh), it's better to focus on 1 civ (and less than 5 for tournaments).
A lot of people struggle to improve because they’re stubborn and won’t stray from their generic build order, which is many peoples downfalls unfortunately.
I disagree with that. You're not going to have a good enough understanding of the game below pr35+ to "adapt" and find better build orders.
In that regard, Age Of Empires III is like chess and every strategy game : learn and copy the basics (ie learn a build order for each MU), and once you master them all, try to be creative and to mind game.
Great Britain CuCkO0
Dragoon

Post by CuCkO0 »

[Armag] diarouga wrote: On what do you base that ?
You're telling me you think all will be exactly the same? I probably over exaggerated, but we're all going to have to invest time and learn how to play and play against 2 new civs, new maps to learn and play on. We have no info on any balance or unit changes. It's a guessing game for most. Even though some people have played the Beta, their insight isn't huge either.
[Armag] diarouga wrote: I disagree with that. You're not going to have a good enough understanding of the game below pr35+ to "adapt" and find better build orders.
In that regard, Age Of Empires III is like chess and every strategy game : learn and copy the basics (ie learn a build order for each MU), and once you master them all, try to be creative and to mind game.
Why do you disagree? BOs are all well and good but they don't make the game. My point was that people learn BOs, and won't adapt where necessary. A lot of players are generally BO bots that don't stray at all from what they know. Because of this, if they go into a game with a single solid BO, execute it and it doesn't work the way they had planned, they often don't adapt. They just keep making the same units and end up losing.
Malaysia Aizamk
Pro Player
ESOC WarChiefs Classic 2017

Post by Aizamk »

Sometimes people keep making the same unit and end up winning
oranges.
Germany amiggo1999
Advanced Player
Donator 01
ESO: miggo1999

Post by amiggo1999 »

I say french cav or musk semi ff. The build isn't very hard, yet you will be rewarded for improvement in execution (later on adaptation) quite well. The build also allows you to play quite flexibly.
Image Image
France [Armag] diarouga
Ninja
NWC LAN Gold

You're telling me you think all will be exactly the same? I probably over exaggerated, but we're all going to have to invest time and learn how to play and play against 2 new civs, new maps to learn and play on. We have no info on any balance or unit changes. It's a guessing game for most. Even though some people have played the Beta, their insight isn't huge either.
Ok, so it's just guessing, we don't know.
Why do you disagree? BOs are all well and good but they don't make the game. My point was that people learn BOs, and won't adapt where necessary.
A BO is an opening. You start with this BO and then you adapt. If you don't adapt after your BO then yes you'll lose, but if you don't have a BO you'll be behind from the start, even if you adapt.
Great Britain CuCkO0
Dragoon

Post by CuCkO0 »

[Armag] diarouga wrote:
Ok, so it's just guessing, we don't know.
Why do you disagree? BOs are all well and good but they don't make the game. My point was that people learn BOs, and won't adapt where necessary.
A BO is an opening. You start with this BO and then you adapt. If you don't adapt after your BO then yes you'll lose, but if you don't have a BO you'll be behind from the start, even if you adapt.
Of course it’s mostly guessing.

And I think you’ve missed my point completely.

I was saying that people that don’t adapt are stubborn and it’s often their downfalls.

I’m not saying you shouldn’t use a BO.
Great Britain Riotcoke
Retired Contributor
ECL Reigning ChampsDonator 01
ESO: Riotcoke
Clan: UwU

Post by Riotcoke »

TIme to start 3 huss laming i guess.

twitch.tv/stangoesdeepTV
Great Britain thomasgreen6
Lancer
ESO: Thomasgreen6

Post by thomasgreen6 »

Riotcoke wrote:TIme to start 3 huss laming i guess.
Piki rush > 3 huss > anything else
'I'm gonna win this and I'm just gonna enjoy it' - Tibia 2k18

http://www.Twitch.tv/thomasgreen6