Most interesting/favorite civ matchups in your opinion

United States of America giveuanxiety
Advanced Player
Donator 02
ESO: GiveUAnxiety

Re: Most interesting/favorite civ matchups in your opinion

Post by giveuanxiety »

op army
Lasol wrote: :hmm: just Saw a YouTube video with giveyouanexiaty. He Said check youre stove, if you Want to improve youre aoe3 skills.

WHAT does check your stove means? And how do you do it?
Armenia Sargsyan
Jaeger
Donator 01
ESO: lamergamer
Clan: c0ns

Post by Sargsyan »

brit India
krichk wrote:For some reason, you want the world to know that you're brave enough to challenge Challenger_Marco
Germany aligator92
Howdah
ESO: aligator92

Post by aligator92 »

Anything that doesn't have Japan is acceptable
Anything that doesn't have Japan, Ports and Ottos is decent
Anything that doesn't have Japan, Ports, Ottos, India or China is good
United States of America Squamiger
Howdah
ESO: Squamiger

Post by Squamiger »

i think spain mirror is pretty fun. it's where you see who can do the fastest, most aggro 2005-style spain FF possible
United States of America n0el
ESOC Business Team
ESO: jezabob
Clan: 팀 하우스

Post by n0el »

Squamiger wrote:i think spain mirror is pretty fun. it's where you see who can do the fastest, most aggro 2005-style spain FF possible
Who can manage their falconets the best from unwanted packing
mad cuz bad
Germany Rohbrot
Howdah
ECL Reigning Champs
ESO: Rohbrot

Post by Rohbrot »

n0el wrote:
Squamiger wrote:i think spain mirror is pretty fun. it's where you see who can do the fastest, most aggro 2005-style spain FF possible
Who can hit industrial faster to revolt.
Spain pain train is real
United States of America Squamiger
Howdah
ESO: Squamiger

Post by Squamiger »

Rohbrot wrote:
n0el wrote:
wouldn't a fast FF with 8 pikes shipped + 8 pikes from age up + falcs just beat this
No Flag deleted_user
Ninja

Post by deleted_user »

Squamiger wrote:
Rohbrot wrote:
Show hidden quotes
wouldn't a fast FF with 8 pikes shipped + 8 pikes from age up + falcs just beat this
you adapt and don't naked FI and just make dogs and send mm and one unit shipment in III would clean up
France chronique
Advanced Player
ESO: poissondu44

Post by chronique »

There are some secret build order in spain mirror which rect any spain ff :D .
Germany Rohbrot
Howdah
ECL Reigning Champs

Post by Rohbrot »

You have to wall and u have tower in base with fort or unit shipment + dog + hero + 2 falc cleans up with good micro, just like callen wrote already.
Spain pain train is real
France Kaiserklein
Pro Player
GameRanger ID: 5529322

Post by Kaiserklein »

No way you go indus in spain mirror lol
LoOk_tOm wrote:I have something in particular against Kaisar (GERMANY NOOB mercenary LAMME FOREVER) And the other people (noobs) like suck kaiser ... just this ..
France chronique
Advanced Player

Post by chronique »

You can but you will die
Germany Rohbrot
Howdah
ECL Reigning Champs

Post by Rohbrot »

Kaiserklein wrote:No way you go indus in spain mirror lol
Its not common but it does work with a wall + falc and some rods or skirms, just need good micro when he pushes you with 2falcs. We are talking here about normal games between normal ranks, not pr36+.
Even there i would say a player who does micro better with falcs than his opponent can go indu and win.
You talk like we have never seen more uncommon strats in tourneys which worked in top level series. The most important thing is that ur opponent doesnt know that u do such strat or that he doesnt scout.
Spain pain train is real
Germany Rohbrot
Howdah
ECL Reigning Champs

Post by Rohbrot »

chronique wrote:You can but you will die
Not really, i had such games vs lt colo+ players where it worked pretty good and its not like all mirrors are aggressive ones, when ur opponent goes spanish gold u have enough time to go indu.
Spain pain train is real
Germany Rohbrot
Howdah
ECL Reigning Champs

Post by Rohbrot »

deleted_user wrote: you adapt and don't naked FI and just make dogs and send mm and one unit shipment in III would clean up
Just this works too.
Spain pain train is real
France chronique
Advanced Player

Post by chronique »

You can if your opponenet is optimus yea.
Germany Rohbrot
Howdah
ECL Reigning Champs

Post by Rohbrot »

chronique wrote:You can if your opponenet is optimus yea.
I played only one mirror vs opti and that ended with a full walled map where i tried to ff push with forward tower...
Ah and one game where we went both indu :mrgreen:
Spain pain train is real
France Kaiserklein
Pro Player

Post by Kaiserklein »

Rohbrot wrote:Its not common but it does work with a wall + falc and some rods or skirms, just need good micro when he pushes you with 2falcs. We are talking here about normal games between normal ranks, not pr36+.
No it doesn't work. If what you call "normal games" is games full of mistakes, then it's not relevant to show what "works" and what doesn't.
There's just no way indus works and it's not just for the reasons you think. If you ship falcs and wall up he can get the entire TP line for example, and even follow you up to industrial. Or he can go aggro yeah, since you're stacking res for industrial. I don't see how a wall (which goes down in 4 falc shots, out of range of your own falcs) would save you if he has like 5 lancers and 2 extra batches of skirms or so.
Rohbrot wrote:Even there i would say a player who does micro better with falcs than his opponent can go indu and win.
If you win the falc war, you basically win no matter what. Industrial is just a worse way to win it then.
Rohbrot wrote:You talk like we have never seen more uncommon strats in tourneys which worked in top level series. The most important thing is that ur opponent doesnt know that u do such strat or that he doesnt scout.
There are uncommon strats, doesn't mean they're bad. This is bad though.
Also if your opponent doesn't scout you dropped your tower in base and walled up, then sure it can work lol. But then you could also go water boom in spain mirror and say "hey if he doesn't scout it I wall up and win the falc war and it works"
LoOk_tOm wrote:I have something in particular against Kaisar (GERMANY NOOB mercenary LAMME FOREVER) And the other people (noobs) like suck kaiser ... just this ..
France Kaiserklein
Pro Player

Post by Kaiserklein »

Rohbrot wrote:
Not really, i had such games vs lt colo+ players where it worked pretty good and its not like all mirrors are aggressive ones, when ur opponent goes spanish gold u have enough time to go indu.
Yeah because spanish gold sucks in mirror anyway
Germany Rohbrot
Howdah
ECL Reigning Champs

Post by Rohbrot »

Kaiserklein wrote:
Rohbrot wrote:Its not common but it does work with a wall + falc and some rods or skirms, just need good micro when he pushes you with 2falcs. We are talking here about normal games between normal ranks, not pr36+.
No it doesn't work. If what you call "normal games" is games full of mistakes, then it's not relevant to show what "works" and what doesn't.
There's just no way indus works and it's not just for the reasons you think. If you ship falcs and wall up he can get the entire TP line for example, and even follow you up to industrial. Or he can go aggro yeah, since you're stacking res for industrial. I don't see how a wall (which goes down in 4 falc shots, out of range of your own falcs) would save you if he has like 5 lancers and 2 extra batches of skirms or so.
Rohbrot wrote:Even there i would say a player who does micro better with falcs than his opponent can go indu and win.
If you win the falc war, you basically win no matter what. Industrial is just a worse way to win it then.
Rohbrot wrote:You talk like we have never seen more uncommon strats in tourneys which worked in top level series. The most important thing is that ur opponent doesnt know that u do such strat or that he doesnt scout.
There are uncommon strats, doesn't mean they're bad. This is bad though.
Also if your opponent doesn't scout you dropped your tower in base and walled up, then sure it can work lol. But then you could also go water boom in spain mirror and say "hey if he doesn't scout it I wall up and win the falc war and it works"
When do we see one player 3 games in a row that he plays without mistakes? We can catch in all streamed series atleast 1-2 games where one player throws cuz of mistakes. We arent AI's which play perfect and u wrote it too "winning the falc war does win u the game" so what if i win with going indus, when i won the falc war in my base, wouldnt i finish the game with going indu to revolt or sending unit shipments?
And with winning falc war it doesnt auto mean u win the game since u have by that 1 falc alive with 100hp which can even be killed by tc fire. Not every map has a route with 3 or more tps and if it would even have 3 one tp is near ur tc anyways, which u can defend. I did many times play such games on maps with 2 tps or only nat tp maps where ur opponent cant take advantage of it. U know it better how should spain get full tp line when hes aggro with unit shipments? If u meant he does play passive to take the route and doesnt attack that would be something i liked more in my games.
Spain pain train is real
Germany Rohbrot
Howdah
ECL Reigning Champs

Post by Rohbrot »

Kaiserklein wrote:
Rohbrot wrote:
Yeah because spanish gold sucks in mirror anyway
So we should play a spain mirror one dimensional? No fi, no spanish gold, just ff push? Sounds boring and isnt a playstyle i like.
Spain pain train is real
France Kaiserklein
Pro Player

Post by Kaiserklein »

Rohbrot wrote:When do we see one player 3 games in a row that he plays without mistakes? We can catch in all streamed series atleast 1-2 games where one player throws cuz of mistakes.
We don't, so what? It doesn't change the fact that the most viable strats will work if you make roughly as many mistakes as your opponent.
While here you're talking about a strat that will work only if your opponent makes more mistakes? Like losing the falc war or overcommitting in your base. So the strat just sucks.
Rohbrot wrote:We arent AI's which play perfect and u wrote it too "winning the falc war does win u the game" so what if i win with going indus, when i won the falc war in my base, wouldnt i finish the game with going indu to revolt or sending unit shipments?
I legit don't understand this sentence.
Anyway, the point is that if you win the falc war in a Spain mirror, you're in a winning position. I don't understand how that's supposed to mean a FI is viable?
Rohbrot wrote:And with winning falc war it doesnt auto mean u win the game since u have by that 1 falc alive with 100hp which can even be killed by tc fire.
You don't let it die to a tc obviously... Besides you don't always have just 1 half hp falc alive, it depends on how hard your opponent fucked up. Either way, irrelevant since he shouldn't fuck up.
Rohbrot wrote:Not every map has a route with 3 or more tps and if it would even have 3 one tp is near ur tc anyways, which u can defend. I did many times play such games on maps with 2 tps or only nat tp maps where ur opponent cant take advantage of it.
Taking stagecoach was just one counterplay to your strat, probably the safest and easiest one. But your strat still loses without stagecoach. Like I said you shouldn't be able to hold an aggro ff anyway, unless your opponent is worse.
Rohbrot wrote:So we should play a spain mirror one dimensional? No fi, no spanish gold, just ff push? Sounds boring and isnt a playstyle i like.
You don't have to play a boring playstyle, you can do suboptimal strats if you want. Just don't say it's viable
Germany Rohbrot
Howdah
ECL Reigning Champs

Post by Rohbrot »

@Kaiserklein , my purpose isnt to disagree with you always but i just want to share my opions about spain games/Mu's when players asking about, u do share ur opions also like me now and i would appreciate it if u wouldnt always share ur opion when one player asked
"Me" about fi and not you. Its like i would answer someones question where he asked you. It isnt like players who ask questions are playing perfect anyways, none of us does. My purpose is just to give my view of playing aoe3 to asking ppl nothing else.
Spain pain train is real
Germany Rohbrot
Howdah
ECL Reigning Champs

Post by Rohbrot »

Kaiserklein wrote:
Rohbrot wrote:When do we see one player 3 games in a row that he plays without mistakes? We can catch in all streamed series atleast 1-2 games where one player throws cuz of mistakes.
We don't, so what? It doesn't change the fact that the most viable strats will work if you make roughly as many mistakes as your opponent.
While here you're talking about a strat that will work only if your opponent makes more mistakes? Like losing the falc war or overcommitting in your base. So the strat just sucks.
Rohbrot wrote:We arent AI's which play perfect and u wrote it too "winning the falc war does win u the game" so what if i win with going indus, when i won the falc war in my base, wouldnt i finish the game with going indu to revolt or sending unit shipments?
I legit don't understand this sentence.
Anyway, the point is that if you win the falc war in a Spain mirror, you're in a winning position. I don't understand how that's supposed to mean a FI is viable?
Rohbrot wrote:And with winning falc war it doesnt auto mean u win the game since u have by that 1 falc alive with 100hp which can even be killed by tc fire.
You don't let it die to a tc obviously... Besides you don't always have just 1 half hp falc alive, it depends on how hard your opponent fucked up. Either way, irrelevant since he shouldn't fuck up.
Rohbrot wrote:Not every map has a route with 3 or more tps and if it would even have 3 one tp is near ur tc anyways, which u can defend. I did many times play such games on maps with 2 tps or only nat tp maps where ur opponent cant take advantage of it.
Taking stagecoach was just one counterplay to your strat, probably the safest and easiest one. But your strat still loses without stagecoach. Like I said you shouldn't be able to hold an aggro ff anyway, unless your opponent is worse.
Rohbrot wrote:So we should play a spain mirror one dimensional? No fi, no spanish gold, just ff push? Sounds boring and isnt a playstyle i like.
You don't have to play a boring playstyle, you can do suboptimal strats if you want. Just don't say it's viable
Never used the word viable :kinggreen:
this strat works doesnt mean its a strat which win u auto a game but none strat does win u a game anyways without mastering the strat.
Spain pain train is real
Germany Rohbrot
Howdah
ECL Reigning Champs

Post by Rohbrot »

With "since he shouldnt fuck up" its clear that one player would 2 times out of 10 games fuck up in falc war, at the pr lvl 25-30.
Spain pain train is real