LONG LIVE AOE III RE and EP

No Flag howlingwolfpaw
Jaeger

LONG LIVE AOE III RE and EP

Post by howlingwolfpaw »

Well our dreams finally came true? or did they?

Many of the problems I and others have already talked a lot about this abomination, all I can say is, I already am missing the days a small little community of gamers kept a dead game alive, we had no support, but we had control. We had a nearly balanced EP patch, amazing casting UI, wonderful WOL mods and others. People understood the game, the civ's, the players, and the maps.

Now we have given all that up, but for what? More high ranked players joining, "better" graphics, more content, "balance" changes, increased awareness.

I fear this new version (a bastardized version made by a large corporation that ruins the heart of it like so many other franchises that get bought up and remade, do you ever get those face book adds for RTS games that call it something else but use AOE images? thats what this DE is to me.) will draw people away from RE cementing and expediting its demise.

I say let them have their DE, but for ESOC, we say, LONG LIVE AOE III RE/ EP

So cheers to a great game that we have all known and played for so many years. Thank you to all those that have played with, and gotten to know.
Netherlands Mr_Bramboy
Retired Contributor
Donator 01
ESO: [VOC] Bram

Re: LONG LIVE AOE III RE and EP

Post by Mr_Bramboy »

If they change the Dutch flag back to its old version for political reasons I will agree with you.
No Flag howlingwolfpaw
Jaeger

Post by howlingwolfpaw »

I am not aware of any dutch flag controversy.

But so much they did change made no sense I do not doubt there is one.
France [Armag] diarouga
Ninja
NWC LAN Gold
ESO: diarouga

Post by [Armag] diarouga »

They changed the name of plantations.
Canada Cocaine
Lancer
ESO: Cow God

Post by Cocaine »

LOVE LIVE RE!!!!! I had high hopes for DE, but its literally unplayable for me.. Can't sort through games in lobby.. Can't play with same skill level players.. Game is slow af cuz I run a hamster powered computer.. I'm appalled.
A little Cocaine never hurt nobody!

China fei123456
Jaeger
ESO: fei123456

Post by fei123456 »

They changed colonial age to commercial age.
No Flag Djigit
Howdah

Post by Djigit »

People of ESOC look at yourselves!
Go ahead, take a look around.
Oh people of ESOC you been had.
Hoodwinked! Bamboozled! Run amuck!
We didn't land on AOE3DE, AOE3DE landed on us!
European Union aaryngend
Howdah
Clan: N3O

Post by aaryngend »

We are currently experiencing newborn baby woes. Those will come and go. In a couple of months no one will mourn legacy aoe3.
You can go back to an outdated game with invite spammers and moesbar hackers at your own will :flowers:
Russia yurashic
Howdah
ESO: Yurashic

Post by yurashic »

Try completing the "updated" Sioux campaign, I used the codes to pass through missions quickly to see the new cinematics. They changed the missions so that you fight against outlaws and not Sioux with lots of cringy dialogs like colonel Custer insulting natives for alcoholism. It's funny how they changed these things yet new "historical battles" mode missions have lots of nationality jokes like "les rostbifs", "mother Russia", "babushkas", "American fireworks" etc.
And yeah, "you abandon your colony"->"you abandon your town", "colonial age"->"commerce age", "plantation->estate".

Hard to say if it's a better game or not, to each his own, but this many bugs and complaints mean something.
No Flag howlingwolfpaw
Jaeger

Post by howlingwolfpaw »

aaryngend wrote:We are currently experiencing newborn baby woes. Those will come and go. In a couple of months no one will mourn legacy aoe3.
You can go back to an outdated game with invite spammers and moesbar hackers at your own will :flowers:

They would have to change the whole multiplayer UI for me to agree to that. That was my hopes when I first thought of the game coming out, the balance things and bugs are easily fixable.

But its a big change that makes the game so unpersonal.
Netherlands edeholland
ESOC Community Team
Donator 01
ESO: edeholland
GameRanger ID: 4053888
Clan: ESOC

Post by edeholland »

howlingwolfpaw wrote: Now we have given all that up, but for what? More high ranked players joining, "better" graphics, more content, "balance" changes, increased awareness.
Why is that a bad thing? Would you say balance is worse on DE than on RE?
No Flag howlingwolfpaw
Jaeger

Post by howlingwolfpaw »

its not a bad thing, I welcome new players all the time and try to teach them when they join my FFA games. but for what was gained was it a worth while trade?

Granted I have only played about 5 games of DE, I do not feel like many of the balance changes/ bugs make sense. Then there is the swedes.
Nambia Good_Goyim
Crossbow
ESO: Good_Goyim

Post by Good_Goyim »

Have fun playing with Jab and LordFacula.

T. Job_Cohen

Btw I stole you're clan tag :^)
Netherlands edeholland
ESOC Community Team
Donator 01
ESO: edeholland
GameRanger ID: 4053888
Clan: ESOC

Post by edeholland »

but for what was gained was it a worth while trade?
For better graphics, balance, support, maps and more content.
No Flag howlingwolfpaw
Jaeger

Post by howlingwolfpaw »

yours is just FFA, our clan tag got lost the minute DE went active because you cannot do + signs. we have a new clan tag and its good. playing with you and those other 2 are less annoying than playing with no way to message friends or see if they are online.

BTW I hope you run a good and sucessful FFA clan. FFA is the best and there does not need to be just one. Which for the most part there has only been.
Argentina Jotunir
Howdah

Post by Jotunir »

edeholland wrote:
but for what was gained was it a worth while trade?
For better graphics, balance, support, maps and more content.
Also now it has massive memory leaks, botched ESOC patch balance and is littered with new bugs among other things ... :roll:

Long live AOE3 RE and EP! :pop:
Brazil look
Howdah
ESO: LoOk_tOm

Post by look »

I didn't really like them focusing so much on unnecessary changes, and release a bad game .

Let see next weeks
Kaiser sucks
Garja Noob
grunt the best
Kickass God
BSOP OP
France [Armag] diarouga
Ninja
NWC LAN Gold

yurashic wrote:Try completing the "updated" Sioux campaign, I used the codes to pass through missions quickly to see the new cinematics. They changed the missions so that you fight against outlaws and not Sioux with lots of cringy dialogs like colonel Custer insulting natives for alcoholism. It's funny how they changed these things yet new "historical battles" mode missions have lots of nationality jokes like "les rostbifs", "mother Russia", "babushkas", "American fireworks" etc.
And yeah, "you abandon your colony"->"you abandon your town", "colonial age"->"commerce age", "plantation->estate".

Hard to say if it's a better game or not, to each his own, but this many bugs and complaints mean something.
@gibson Do you still argue that it's not political?
Nambia Good_Goyim
Crossbow
ESO: Good_Goyim

Post by Good_Goyim »

Cope harder. You wouldn't have gotten the clan tag anyway because the first thing I did when logging onto DE was try and take the one with the crosses while you were fumbling with your xbox live. So now I took the next best thing and here you are, crying on the forums.

Enjoy Jab.
Great Britain _NT_sven
Dragoon
Donator 06
Clan: NTDE

Post by _NT_sven »

Yeah thinking about how the game making intentionally conforms to the SJW agenda is intellectually annoying.
Plum blossoms fall below the steps like whirling snow;
They cover me still though brushed off a while ago.

-Tune: "Pure Serene Music", Li Yu (937-978 AD), the Last Lord of Southern Tang Dynasty
France [Armag] diarouga
Ninja
NWC LAN Gold

I don't want to restart the debate but it's funny how all the SJWs went mad and claimed I was talking out of my ass when every reference to colonialism and native stuffs were removed.
United States of America Squamiger
Howdah
ESO: Squamiger

Post by Squamiger »

i think you all need to chill out and wait a month or two. the bugs and problems will get balanced and fixed. aoe2de took a few patches to be what it is today as well
Great Britain _NT_sven
Dragoon
Donator 06
Clan: NTDE

Post by _NT_sven »

[Armag] diarouga wrote:I don't want to restart the debate but it's funny how all the SJWs went mad and claimed I was talking out of my ass when every reference to colonialism and native stuffs were removed.
Yeah. The funny thing is this modification is actually even more problematic, even from a SJW perspective. One can also turn the story around and ask, so now colonialism and slave trade is justified as 'a commerce age'? No plantation exploitation ever existed, but only happy communal farming instead?
Plum blossoms fall below the steps like whirling snow;
They cover me still though brushed off a while ago.

-Tune: "Pure Serene Music", Li Yu (937-978 AD), the Last Lord of Southern Tang Dynasty
France [Armag] diarouga
Ninja
NWC LAN Gold

Ye, the "historical accuracy" argument doesn't work anymore, they're trying to change history.
Germany blasdg
Dragoon

Post by blasdg »

Who would have thought that this was actually SJW 100% ? :D