LONG LIVE AOE III RE and EP

Netherlands Mr_Bramboy
Retired Contributor
Donator 01
ESO: [VOC] Bram

Re: LONG LIVE AOE III RE and EP

Post by Mr_Bramboy »

Squamiger wrote:i think you people complaining about SJWs also might need to rethink your reasoning here as well. The AoE3 devs are not like, committed anarchists or something. They aren't trying to decolonize your mind or whatever. They made a calculated monetary decision, probably at the advice of a group of consultants, that scrubbing the game of some political problematic stuff is probably the best way to avoid the slight chance of a bad publicity scandal that could impact game sales.

w h o c a r e s

it's a computer game
I find it slightly concerning that we're embellishing and the history to appease our corporate overlords. I take this stance now and I took this stance when Blizzard banned a team for supporting Hong Kong. No corporate overlord should have any say in 'political problematic stuff', whatever that means.

The game itself glorifies colonialism. There are no two ways around it. But I don't think that's necessarily a bad thing, and I don't think this is resolved by removing all traces of colonialism.

For the interested: there is currently a (pretty popular) mod that reverts all of the name changes :uglylol:
European Union scarm
Howdah
ESO: Malebranche

Post by scarm »

So, i personally cant and probably wont be able to play the game in the foreseeable future, because well i do not have a PC powerful enough to do that. So i am simply dependent on the patchnotes and popular opinion, and the former does not seem to be too bad, considering it has lots of ESOC-patch stuff. Sure Inca and Swedes and some of the new Revolutions and Politicians seem wierd, but overall this to me seems like lots of stuff this community always wanted.

Can someone explain to me why the consensus here seems to be somewhat negative (besides the naming conventions)? I already gathered that finding games seems to be hard?
Australia Kawapasaka
ESOC Pro Team

Post by Kawapasaka »

Civ balance and cosmetic stuff like the re-names are far, far from the biggest priorities right now. You can't fucking scroll down the game browser :uglylol:

And nah finding games (at least 1v1s) isn't hard, although the QS will take 4+ mins to match you with someone else queuing at the same time, unless you're really close in elo.
No Flag fightinfrenchman
Ninja
Donator 04

Post by fightinfrenchman »

Mr_Bramboy wrote:
Squamiger wrote:i think you people complaining about SJWs also might need to rethink your reasoning here as well. The AoE3 devs are not like, committed anarchists or something. They aren't trying to decolonize your mind or whatever. They made a calculated monetary decision, probably at the advice of a group of consultants, that scrubbing the game of some political problematic stuff is probably the best way to avoid the slight chance of a bad publicity scandal that could impact game sales.

w h o c a r e s

it's a computer game
I find it slightly concerning that we're embellishing and the history to appease our corporate overlords. I take this stance now and I took this stance when Blizzard banned a team for supporting Hong Kong. No corporate overlord should have any say in 'political problematic stuff', whatever that means.

The game itself glorifies colonialism. There are no two ways around it. But I don't think that's necessarily a bad thing, and I don't think this is resolved by removing all traces of colonialism.

For the interested: there is currently a (pretty popular) mod that reverts all of the name changes :uglylol:
Not sure if you noticed but the game doesn't remove "all traces of colonialism"
Dromedary Scone Mix is not Alone Mix
Denmark voigt1240
Lancer
ESO: voigt

Post by voigt1240 »

I still can't get over how loud the Swedish Explorer shouts. The Swedish Explorer sounds very viliany and evil. Which is more or less pretty accurate. He is just so damn Loud to the point of being obnoxious.
Holy See Imperial Noob
Lancer

Post by Imperial Noob »

voigt1240 wrote:I still can't get over the Swedish Explorer shouting. The Swedish Explorer sounds very viliany and evil. Which is more or less pretty accurate. He is just so damn Loud.
I like his voice acting. As Aiz said "I hope that guy got paid well".

Funnily, when I told my mother during some gardening that there is going to be a Definitive Edition of AOE3, all it took for her to remember what game it was was for me to mention the French explorer screaming bloody murder. 2006, yet look how memorable.

In general I enjoy Swedish voice acting.
I also enjoy that they refer to the player as "Majestät". Good ol' Empire Total War times send their regards :)
Netherlands Mr_Bramboy
Retired Contributor
Donator 01

Post by Mr_Bramboy »

fightinfrenchman wrote:
Mr_Bramboy wrote:

w h o c a r e s

it's a computer game

In that case, the changes aren't even meaningful and should be reversed. Right?
No Flag fightinfrenchman
Ninja
Donator 04

Mr_Bramboy wrote:
fightinfrenchman wrote:
Show hidden quotes
No, they should make it so you can scroll in the menus
Netherlands Mr_Bramboy
Retired Contributor
Donator 01

Post by Mr_Bramboy »

fightinfrenchman wrote:
Mr_Bramboy wrote:
Show hidden quotes
Nice dodge. Classic ear. I wonder if we'll ever get a real opinion out of that ear.
No Flag fightinfrenchman
Ninja
Donator 04

Mr_Bramboy wrote:
fightinfrenchman wrote:
Show hidden quotes
Nice dodge. Classic ear. I wonder if we'll ever get a real opinion out of that ear.
How did I "dodge." I answered your question directly
No Flag helln00
Howdah
ESO: helln00

Post by helln00 »

Mr_Bramboy wrote:
fightinfrenchman wrote:
Show hidden quotes
There is such a thing as one step at a time, not everything is apocalyptic.
No Flag Itzhak_Shekelbaum
Crossbow
ESO: ItzhakShekelbaum

Post by Itzhak_Shekelbaum »

howlingwolfpaw wrote:
Itzhak_Shekelbaum wrote:
howlingwolfpaw wrote: when was I crying that another FFA clan was made.? In fact I said I was happy for it.
Well, you obviously would have taken the "FFA" clan tag for yourself, if you could have.

I might have, but that was not my back up name knowing someone like you might want to try to take a similar clan, just like you are possibly the one posing as me as howiingwolfpaw and using that account to cheat. Simply FFA was not my back up though. That was FFAM = FFA Master, or like a "Fam" family. But another mate made xFFAx FFA always fun, and decided I like that much better. So as far as clans go I am content and no matter what the name it is not about the name, it is about the people who are in it.

howlingwolfpaw wrote: That is a projection from you.
Epic straw man, bro. Whenever you run out of arguments or have your cognitive abilities challenged, you come up with a reply that involves "projection". It's really just on the level of "no, you!", but then again, I don't expect anything more sophisticated from you.

You do not know me or have any experience to say the things you do, so we all know it says a lot more about the people who say them than what is actually being said about.
howlingwolfpaw wrote: We are xFFAx which is as close as it gets to +FFA+, we are FFA always fun....
Do you really think you're the head of some sort of epic, legendary community? You're a master sergeant who wants to "teach" the game to others and think of yourself as some sort of authority whereas in fact you're just a mediocre player.

As far as AOE 3 goes, we are the largest and oldest clan, over 200 memebers, can I take credit for all of that? No. but it is an epic achievement. and am happy to have been apart of it. Rank in FFA means very little. If had devoted the thousands of games I have played in FFA to ranked games it would be much different. For a short time I tried competitive TR and got up to a Major. It ceased being fun at that point as was hard to find fair games. So I know a bit about the games. Why am I even explaining myself to you? I do not throw a tantrum and spam cheats when I lose.

howlingwolfpaw wrote: you are the job cohen club, hardly sounds like a FFA clan. No matter what our name, we will have good people who like to play good games.
Yeah, no. Most of the members in your clan are liars, sore losers and toxic idiots who will accuse better players of hacking left and right whilst not being above OOSing, point trading or buying smurfs account from that one chinese hackers who keeps offering them on ELO themselves. Your community is utter garbage.
howlingwolfpaw wrote:
There are many members I do not know well and have not even played games with, I can't speak for everyone but if someone is found cheating they are out. Talk about someone with many accounts... look at yourself. And how you have tried to infiltrate our clan many times with multiple accounts. If you just played like a cool person no one would even notice and would be part of the community. Your welcome to your opinions, but my experience has been quite different.

Move on dude...enjoy some good games. u think about us way too much.
You should go back to OG AoE3 and play with Jab or LordFacula and all the other moesbar hackers.

At least learn to quote/post right.

And yeah, getting impersonated by others and having your name dragged through the dirt isn't fun, but only when it happens to you; when members of your clan do it to other people, you completely ignore it and come up with dumb statements such as member x or member y are trustworthy "because you played many games with them" (by that token you might as well trust Jab) whereas it's obvious that they are liars and sore losers and have so far failed to show concrete evidence of someone hacking or being the same person or whatever else it is they have a sore butt from.
You enjoy being in the spotlight and taking credit for "leading" the "biggest" and "oldest" clan (both not true, but whatever), claiming seniority and authority on the game but when it comes to taking responsibility and weeding out the foul players from your community you won't bat an eye because you are either too lazy (likely) or just too stupid (perhaps even more likely).
Besides, you suck in FFA. You pick lame, OP lategame civs and when you get the shit rushed out of you, you start whining about how this isn't the way FFA is supposed to be played. Guess what, FFA isn't treaty. I suggest you stay on OG AoE, at least you get to keep your whiner circlejerk. Enjoy your FFAs with Jab, LordFacula and all those hackers from China.
France [Armag] diarouga
Ninja
NWC LAN Gold
ESO: diarouga

Post by [Armag] diarouga »

Lol, FFA clan war
Tuvalu gibson
Ninja
ECL Reigning Champs

Post by gibson »

Mr_Bramboy wrote:

w h o c a r e s

it's a computer game

Really owning the libs with that mod. It’s funny to me that tons of people are still complaining about this when the game is essentially unplayable competitively for completely different reasons.
No Flag howlingwolfpaw
Jaeger

Post by howlingwolfpaw »

[/quote]

At least learn to quote/post right.

And yeah, getting impersonated by others and having your name dragged through the dirt isn't fun, but only when it happens to you; when members of your clan do it to other people, you completely ignore it and come up with dumb statements such as member x or member y are trustworthy "because you played many games with them" (by that token you might as well trust Jab) whereas it's obvious that they are liars and sore losers and have so far failed to show concrete evidence of someone hacking or being the same person or whatever else it is they have a sore butt from.
You enjoy being in the spotlight and taking credit for "leading" the "biggest" and "oldest" clan (both not true, but whatever), claiming seniority and authority on the game but when it comes to taking responsibility and weeding out the foul players from your community you won't bat an eye because you are either too lazy (likely) or just too stupid (perhaps even more likely).
Besides, you suck in FFA. You pick lame, OP lategame civs and when you get the shit rushed out of you, you start whining about how this isn't the way FFA is supposed to be played. Guess what, FFA isn't treaty. I suggest you stay on OG AoE, at least you get to keep your whiner circlejerk. Enjoy your FFAs with Jab, LordFacula and all those hackers from China.[/quote]

Sorry you have had such bad experiences. The fact that you have so many accounts and were both arguing all over the clan chat board. I just do not have the time or patience for the childish dramas. The way you made so many accounts to get in and continue flaming also apparent was not good to have you in clan. and being equally antagonistic post using alternate accounts made me feel like I did the right thing. I did kick the other person out too for a while, but showed me some telling screenshots of online abuse so let him back in.

The clan is the oldest one still active, there are 2 other FFA clans I know of =FFA= which seems pretty small as I rarely see anyone with that tag, and the hacker clan that uses swastikas. I enjoy giving FFA the spot light, and one way to do that is actually reveal to people there has been a pretty active community for it. +FFA+ grows to over 200 members, its a big clan, I never thought it would grow so big.

I play all the civs, except for France, and rarely ports or Russia. India is my favorite, but actually other civs are even more OP for FFA, India is just fun and challenging too. I think you misinterpret my "not the way the game is played" because when you rush you do it from a hidden account as a secret 1v1 to get vengeance. If you played with your real accounts I would be expecting that kind of thing. That is not how the game is played.

Honestly, playing with facula and jab is not as bad as some of the accounts you play under. At least facula tries to play then throws a tantrum if he loses and ruins the game.

well anyway, I think you should move on and enjoy your new clan and enjoy the spot light as "job cohens club" I am sure you will make it a great clan and learn from all my mistakes.

Peace be with you.
Netherlands Mr_Bramboy
Retired Contributor
Donator 01

Post by Mr_Bramboy »

I am not sure if this thread is the correct place for the FFA community civil war.
No Flag fightinfrenchman
Ninja
Donator 04

Mr_Bramboy wrote:I am not sure if this thread is the correct place for the FFA community civil war.
Why not
No Flag howlingwolfpaw
Jaeger

Post by howlingwolfpaw »

Mr_Bramboy wrote:I am not sure if this thread is the correct place for the FFA community civil war.
agreed. I have tried to just let things be, but always looks for ways to harass me.
Argentina Jotunir
Howdah

Post by Jotunir »

Kaiserklein wrote:We need to give it a bit of time, and keep reporting bugs. I think there will be support and the game will improve, but it will take a few months. I just hope new players aren't going to give up meanwhile because of all the bugs, but surely our community can live with these bugs gor a while
Why should we?
United States of America Cometk
Retired Contributor

Post by Cometk »

Jotunir wrote:
Kaiserklein wrote:We need to give it a bit of time, and keep reporting bugs. I think there will be support and the game will improve, but it will take a few months. I just hope new players aren't going to give up meanwhile because of all the bugs, but surely our community can live with these bugs gor a while
Why should we?
Because it’s the same as it was for aoe2:de and that community is thriving
Argentina Jotunir
Howdah

Post by Jotunir »

Cometk wrote:
Jotunir wrote:
Why should we?
Bad analogy my friend :?
No Flag Itzhak_Shekelbaum
Crossbow
ESO: ItzhakShekelbaum

Post by Itzhak_Shekelbaum »

Well, I suppose it's time to log on to my smurf account "HowIingWolfPaw" (the lowercase "L" is in fact anuppercase "i", hehe, very clever xD) and host a lobby w/ a politically incorrect, aggravating title :^)
Netherlands Mr_Bramboy
Retired Contributor
Donator 01

Post by Mr_Bramboy »

Cometk wrote:
Jotunir wrote:
Why should we?
To be fair, that community would also be thriving if they released the remaster on the SNES.
United States of America Squamiger
Howdah
ESO: Squamiger

Post by Squamiger »

Mr_Bramboy wrote: I find it slightly concerning that we're embellishing and the history to appease our corporate overlords. I take this stance now and I took this stance when Blizzard banned a team for supporting Hong Kong. No corporate overlord should have any say in 'political problematic stuff', whatever that means.
media companies have been depicting highly politicized narratives glorifying empire, white supremacy and industrial production for the last 100+ years and no one really complained. but as soon as it became slightly profitable to depict a historical narrative that (very mildy) suggests the present social order might be built on oppression, everyone loses their minds and you get Gamer Gate in 2014 or 20+ page long threads on ESOC complaining about SJWs.

The stuff with Blizzard is a different stance but it's based on the same foundation-- profit-seeking above all else, a notion that has dominated media in the capitalist world for as long as it has existed
France Kaiserklein
Pro Player
GameRanger ID: 5529322

Post by Kaiserklein »

Jotunir wrote:
Why should we?
It's either that, or go back to shitty legacy aoe3, or stop the game altogether
LoOk_tOm wrote:I have something in particular against Kaisar (GERMANY NOOB mercenary LAMME FOREVER) And the other people (noobs) like suck kaiser ... just this ..