subtle cheating

No Flag lyorn
Crossbow

subtle cheating

Post by lyorn »

aside from the blatant cheats of that moe guy and the usual drophacks/OOS has anyone ever noticed things like explorers dying and reviving instantly on the spot to take a treasure or someone having a pen full of sheep on a map that isnt supposed to have them.

No proof or anything but is this even possible or am i just seeing things, just wondering what the scope of cheating is in this game atm!
Poland pecelot
Retired Contributor
Donator 03
ESO: Pezet

subtle cheating

Post by pecelot »

lyorn wrote:someone having a pen full of sheep on a map that isnt supposed to have them.

It''s obviously possible because you can simple produce 30 sheep from your livestock pen.
Brazil lemmings121
Jaeger
ESO: lemmings121

subtle cheating

Post by lemmings121 »

uhmm, so that's the famous COW HAX everyone is always talking about...
No Flag deleted_user0
Ninja

subtle cheating

Post by deleted_user0 »

lol a pen full of sheep is hardly subtle. it kinda depends on the time it happens tbh, because u can ship sheep, or make them from the pen. so ye if its at 3 min, its likely a cheat, but at 10 min, who knows.

explorer instantly reviving is a known bug, that some people exploit but most people wont do because its cheating.

maphack is often far more subtle than what you describe and the moesbar hack has the same potential of subtleness, the 2 cheats you describe can easily be spotted on a recorded game
No Flag lyorn
Crossbow

subtle cheating

Post by lyorn »

haha i forgot to specify that it happened a little too early in the game with a normal age time for it to be trained sheep :)

but thanks for clearing that up for me, especially peace of mind on the magical reviving explorer!!
United States of America Metis
Howdah

subtle cheating

Post by Metis »

Map hacks are detectable by ESO and once resulted in permabans. However, few, if any, are banned anymore so all you can do is use the pest list.

Other things just annoy me. I quit a game and pested a player yesterday because he got mad at me hunting in the river on an Ori HM game (which he hosted) so came over to my side and started hunting inland hunts. If a player won't follow his own rules then I don't have time for his game. Another way to get on my pest list is to squander team resources by running all your settlers out (and I mean all) to eat up all the mines before your team (especially the German player) has a chance to use them. Or, if you are a German player on the wood-scarce Ori map and there is no wood trade, by running your 119 settler pop out to eat all the wood then spamming 40 plantations for XP.

Cow spamming is not cheating per se but most agree it's a "noob" thing to so as it can lag the game when those 500 cows are moved back. Remember, however, when you see 30 livestock instantly appear is that some civs have a large sheep shipment and some native posts give a herd of fattened goats too. Other players will invest food in livestock rather than queuing up villagers too. I've often wondered why Supremacy players don't use livestock more as it gives you a food source right at the protection of your base.

Many don't consider the Alt-D glitch cheating and will merrily run their "dead" explorer behind your base making Carib and building TCs. Most, however, do consider it cheating and will pest the glitcher. I think the way such glitch exploits as firepit bug and double deck once resulted in bans and were eventually patched out the game is indicative of all glitch exploits being considered banable cheating.
Switzerland glorious_
Dragoon
ESO: Revan

subtle cheating

Post by glorious_ »

this moe guy uses even lazerbear hahah u see it even in the stats on elo
No Flag Einfein
Dragoon

subtle cheating

Post by Einfein »

lyorn wrote:aside from the blatant cheats of that moe guy and the usual drophacks/OOS has anyone ever noticed things like explorers dying and reviving instantly on the spot to take a treasure or someone having a pen full of sheep on a map that isnt supposed to have them.

No proof or anything but is this even possible or am i just seeing things, just wondering what the scope of cheating is in this game atm!
You''re probably aware of this, but if say you kill a french explorer and he ages a second later and his scout was next to him he will revive immediately and can give the impression of a cheat if you''re not paying close attention.

But yes, I do understand your point as I encountered a map hacker recently. I actually enjoyed the game because although I didn''t win (spoiler!) I found it hysterical how accurate his cav raids were. I sent single vills all around the map to different locations (once I realized what he was doing) and a cav would show up immediately after they stopped. I ended up laughing in my chair, eventually said gg and resigned.

Umeu (how the heck is that even pronounced??) also mentioned to be careful about making assumptions like cheating over seeing sheep on non sheep maps. Those cards are seen so seldom (in my experience) that when you do see them, unless you checked the player''s deck you might think it was suspicious. Amazing how seeing something outside of the accepted meta can throw us sometimes.
"He's just got more stuff, and sometimes just having more stuff, despite the fact you have better positioning or better micro just doesn't matter because sometimes when you just got more stuff you just win the game." - ZutaZuta
No Flag goldenicon
Musketeer

subtle cheating

Post by goldenicon »

skyrunner wrote:this moe guy uses even lazerbear hahah u see it even in the stats on elo

weirdest eso stats I''ve ever seen http://www.agecommunity.com/stats/GameS ... _Supremacy
Switzerland glorious_
Dragoon
ESO: Revan

subtle cheating

Post by glorious_ »

goldenicon wrote:
skyrunner wrote:this moe guy uses even lazerbear hahah u see it even in the stats on elo
weirdest eso stats Ive ever seen http://www.agecommunity.com/stats/GameS ... =en-US&amp'GameID=96f8124b-888a-44b8-b2d2-bdb77e5e5ddf&'sFlag=2&'md=ZS_Supremacy
ik hahah yeah on qs he can keep going like this
Germany PhalluS
Musketeer
ESO: PhalluS, rusH (DE)

subtle cheating

Post by PhalluS »

had a cheating experience today. pest " franckd94" please. he killed my base after beginning with cheat and then drops elephants after this.
Brazil lemmings121
Jaeger

subtle cheating

Post by lemmings121 »

phallus wrote:had a cheating experience today. pest " franckd94" please. he killed my base after beginning with cheat and then drops elephants after this.
yep, he just moesbar''d me, damm canadian bears..
Brazil lemmings121
Jaeger

subtle cheating

Post by lemmings121 »

Ok, this is stupid. franckd94 and Room_1 decided to just close the QS to everyone else today, since they are cheating each other and everyone else that tries to go on QS.
thats so stupid how a few guys can screw this game and ms can't spare 20 minutes of a employee to at least ban the obvious cheaters...
Tuvalu gibson
Ninja
ECL Reigning Champs

subtle cheating

Post by gibson »

lemmings121 wrote:Ok, this is stupid. franckd94 and Room_1 decided to just close the QS to everyone else today, since they are cheating each other and everyone else that tries to go on QS.
thats so stupid how a few guys can screw this game and ms can''t spare 20 minutes of a employee to at least ban the obvious cheaters...

I was wondering how room improved by several pr over a day or two. I optimistically thought he might have actually learned something about the game. But no he''s still the same shitty laggy player who has just discovered how to cheat.
Netherlands momuuu
Ninja
ESO: Jerom_

subtle cheating

Post by momuuu »

Its probably the death of quicksearch. But to me qs died when they put otto and iro in the game.
No Flag deleted_user0
Ninja

subtle cheating

Post by deleted_user0 »

Yes because obviously your post makes alot of sense and has much foundation... Such wow, much amaze =_=
Netherlands momuuu
Ninja

subtle cheating

Post by momuuu »

umeu wrote:Yes because obviously your post makes alot of sense and has much foundation... Such wow, much amaze =_=

Im not sure who this post is directed at, but if its directed to me I have no idea what you are trying to say.
No Flag deleted_user0
Ninja

subtle cheating

Post by deleted_user0 »

That the good ole iro otto hate is complete bs... Theyre not even much better qs civs than japan or india because half the time u get a no tp or full water map. Sioux is 200x more broken than otto and iro isnt broken, just a unbalanced, which is different. On top of that the most retarded thing in aoe is shipwarfare and neither are very prominent for those civs... Its just the same old story again which has little basis in reality...

It was the same on nilla with spain few years ago, everyone said spain is stupid op and lame,now there are no players left that have the skill to make spain work and nobody complains...
No Flag adderbrain5
Lancer

subtle cheating

Post by adderbrain5 »

pecelot wrote:
lyorn wrote:someone having a pen full of sheep on a map that isnt supposed to have them.
Its obviously possible because you can simple produce 30 sheep from your livestock pen.

lemmings121 wrote:uhmm, so thats the famous COW HAX everyone is always talking about...

rotfl
Netherlands momuuu
Ninja

subtle cheating

Post by momuuu »

umeu wrote:That the good ole iro otto hate is complete bs... Theyre not even much better qs civs than japan or india because half the time u get a no tp or full water map. Sioux is 200x more broken than otto and iro isnt broken, just a unbalanced, which is different. On top of that the most retarded thing in aoe is shipwarfare and neither are very prominent for those civs... Its just the same old story again which has little basis in reality...

It was the same on nilla with spain few years ago, everyone said spain is stupid op and lame,now there are no players left that have the skill to make spain work and nobody complains...

ok Im sorry I didnt know youd get so angry, but I mostly play dutch amd wouldve included japan india and sioux (actually considered it), but figured Id be getting someone whining over that.
No Flag Jocroy
Musketeer

subtle cheating

Post by Jocroy »

Is Room_1 really cheating, at least no laserbears in his gamestats. But since when do games shorter than 2 mins count for elo, maybe he just drophacks, but he seems not to moesbar-hack.
No Flag deleted_user0
Ninja

subtle cheating

Post by deleted_user0 »

jerom wrote:
umeu wrote:That the good ole iro otto hate is complete bs... Theyre not even much better qs civs than japan or india because half the time u get a no tp or full water map. Sioux is 200x more broken than otto and iro isnt broken, just a unbalanced, which is different. On top of that the most retarded thing in aoe is shipwarfare and neither are very prominent for those civs... Its just the same old story again which has little basis in reality...

ok Im sorry I didnt know youd get so angry, but I mostly play dutch amd wouldve included japan india and sioux (actually considered it), but figured Id be getting someone whining over that.

Im not mad, there are good reasons to complain about balance, but most people just complain because they got bashed in qs by otto iro who probably did some noob all in, one of the worse ways to play those civs, and they lost cuz they dont know how to play either. And if it gets constantly repeated without resistance the myth will stay
Brazil lemmings121
Jaeger

subtle cheating

Post by lemmings121 »

jocroy wrote:Is Room_1 really cheating, at least no laserbears in his gamestats. But since when do games shorter than 2 mins count for elo, maybe he just drophacks, but he seems not to moesbar-hack.

No laserbears, but when someone wins 100+games in 2 days, all under 2 mins, you cant try to argue in favor of him.. yes, he is drophacking.

http://aoe3.jpcommunity.com/rating2/pla ... ge3ySP&amp'n=ROOM_1&'m=latestmatch&'v=200&'gt=1v1&'p1=&'p2=&'p3=&'p4=&'p5=&'p6=&'p7=&'mc=0&'oc=0&'map=&'lenf=0&'lent=2&'ft=1
France [Armag] diarouga
Ninja
NWC LAN Gold
ESO: diarouga

subtle cheating

Post by [Armag] diarouga »

Not much better qs civs than japan or india? Trolling?
On a normal map that''s just no game and on a water map they still win hard. On no TP mas they loose k but the point is also that jap and india are hard to play and require a good game knowledge+some good mechs while iro and otto are easy to play.
They aren''t broken (maybe otto), sioux are worse but we''re complaining about the opness, not about how broken it is.

I agree for the 2nd part, spain needs some skills people don''t have anymore.
United States of America Papist
Retired Contributor
Donator 03
ESO: Papist

subtle cheating

Post by Papist »

I found the Otto player.
The function of man is to live, not to exist.