How do you play your best?

No Flag Jaeger
Jaeger

Post by Jaeger »

During the day I try to play well but I overdo everything. Sometimes when I play at like 2 AM tough I play so much more chill and calm lol and i feel like 3-4 PR better.

How do you make sure you play your best when you want to?
last time i cryed was because i stood on Lego
Netherlands Mr_Bramboy
Retired Contributor
Donator 01
ESO: [VOC] Bram

Post by Mr_Bramboy »

Sleep well. Seriously, sleeping is one of the most important things in life. Developing sleep deprivation will affect anything in your life negatively.
Netherlands momuuu
Ninja
ESO: Jerom_

Post by momuuu »

For me, relaxation is the most important aspect. I need to be in a relaxed state of mind, eager to try out the match up and sees what it goes like, interested in what my opponent is going to do. The harder I try to actually win, the worse I do.

I know from playing guitar a lot that your skill level can fluctuate over the days. Sleeping well helps a lot, but sometimes I play really well while feeling terrible. It can just happen. Most important thing there is to relax as much as possible, tensing up your hands will reduce your accuracy.

Ive gotta admit though that I tend to suffer from having my state of mind detoriate after a loss or two. It always ends up leading to devastating losing streaks.
No Flag deleted_user0
Ninja

Post by deleted_user0 »

I listen to classical music to get me calm, then i play the 5th symphony, all instruments on my own to get my apm warmed up, and then i pick iro or otto and rape some noobs
Brazil macacoalbino
Howdah
ESO: MacacoAlbino
Clan: 3Huss

Post by macacoalbino »

Don't play after sports, I'm usually so tired that end up forgetting basic stuff such as housing haha

And being able to play a lot of games, like, 3 days (or more) in a row helps me a lot

Netherlands momuuu
Ninja

Post by momuuu »

I always wonder if music actually helps your level of play, or if it is simply distracting you.
India rsy
Jaeger
Donator 01

Post by rsy »

macacoalbino wrote:Don''t play after sports, I''m usually so tired that end up forgetting basic stuff such as housing haha

And being able to play a lot of games, like, 3 days (or more) in a row helps me a lot

haha that is so true. Whenever I workout my arms and they are super sore, my game play gets affected. I just get super slowed
Brazil macacoalbino
Howdah
ESO: MacacoAlbino
Clan: 3Huss

Post by macacoalbino »

jerom wrote:I always wonder if music actually helps your level of play, or if it is simply distracting you.
I think music is a good measure of your focus in the game. Whenever you''re paying attention to what is playing you are not focused enough. Most of the times I only realize what song is on after the game ends :D

Posted by rsy

4 minutes ago
haha that is so true. Whenever my arms are super sore, mu game play gets affected. I just get super slowed
Exactly, you just don''t have the energy to multitask the same way as when you''re rested.

Switzerland _venox_
Howdah
ESO: _Venox_

Post by _venox_ »

Go through the exact steps of each possible build order to not forget stuff, even go through small variations on specific maps, like what trading site to take etc...
Don't let the things you can't change dictate your life.
Netherlands momuuu
Ninja

Post by momuuu »

Well, I used to study while listening to music but its so easy to get distracted by the music, so nowadays I study in complete silence, and it works better (its really really really boring though). It might apply to aoe aswell, maybe even more so because its easier to hear some audio notifications.
Switzerland _venox_
Howdah
ESO: _Venox_

Post by _venox_ »

Stopping the music and listening to the in game sounds helps the gameplay too, you know through sound when things are done and don't only rely on your eye sight.
Don't let the things you can't change dictate your life.
No Flag Jaeger
Jaeger

Post by Jaeger »

jerom wrote:Well, I used to study while listening to music but its so easy to get distracted by the music, so nowadays I study in complete silence, and it works better (its really really really boring though). It might apply to aoe aswell, maybe even more so because its easier to hear some audio notifications.

I listen to music when the homework is just like practice of stuff i know how to do, but if its something really hard i have to turn off the music
last time i cryed was because i stood on Lego
United States of America Durokan
Retired Contributor
ESO: Durokan

Post by Durokan »

When doing homework I like to quietly listen to Two Steps From Hell, an epic music group. Their stuff is generally classical without lyrics.
Check out my Custom Map Workshop here!
http://eso-community.net/viewtopic.php?p=98718#top
No Flag deleted_user0
Ninja

Post by deleted_user0 »

5 AM after-bar games. Raping every noob.
Netherlands momuuu
Ninja

Post by momuuu »

I listen to classical music anyways, but its still rather distracting.

But on the other hand, the joy of playing with music is not worth sacrifising for improved prestations imo.
No Flag drac3130
Musketeer

Post by drac3130 »

Always respect the opponent, even if he is a lower noticeably lower PR than you or has made mistakes early on in the game that signal he will be behind or he doesn't have a good strategy. (Such as bad decks, failed early rushes, etc.)

The moment you start being cute and think the opponent is going to lie down, is the moment you get screwed.

Example: French(me) vs. Japan

The guy tries rushing me with 5 cav as the Japanese, dumb move and I basically kil 4 of his cav without any losses. Scout his base, he is only making ashi muskets and umi archers. I start to get cute. Fast age to 3 and build an army of skirms and cuirs when I should have included some dragoon. Long behold I attack and out of nowhere 15+ hand cav come and demolish my skirms. I have no goons to back them up so my 15 cuirs fall as well. I fall behind and lose. I also didn't bother pressuring any shrines at all because I got overconfident. The loss hurts even more because you didn't go into it with the best mindset.
No Flag pounendo
Skirmisher

Post by pounendo »

sleep, copious amounts of sleep
No Flag pounendo
Skirmisher

Post by pounendo »

or getting a bj while playing. mildly distracting but if you good when you are calm, id advise
No Flag Einfein
Dragoon

Post by Einfein »

bramboy wrote:Sleep well. Seriously, sleeping is one of the most important things in life. Developing sleep deprivation will affect anything in your life negatively.
Truth.

@OP
Personally when I''m relaxed I play significantly better. If something goes bad in game like a fight, or I mismacro my eco I can usually turn things around. On the other hand if I''m playing while stressed or angry about something unrelated I can''t recover from in game mistakes and will make a lot more of them. I''ll also rage quit if something doesn''t go my way. See? It''s not just experts who do that.
"He's just got more stuff, and sometimes just having more stuff, despite the fact you have better positioning or better micro just doesn't matter because sometimes when you just got more stuff you just win the game." - ZutaZuta
Bosnia & Herzegovina medinos
Lancer
ESO: AlexBoye,Daddysmurf

Post by medinos »

Masturbate....
Switzerland niedhalf
Musketeer
ESO: Niedhalf

Post by niedhalf »

medinos wrote:Masturbate....
while playing? :D
No Flag Good ol Ivan
Howdah
ESO: ivanelterrible

Post by Good ol Ivan »

niedhalf wrote:
medinos wrote:Masturbate....
while playing? :D
Now you are aware whenever you are in an online game your opponent could be masturbating all along.
You can thank me later.