7%

Total votes: 163

No Flag Good ol Ivan
Howdah
ESO: ivanelterrible

Let's end the treaty vs rush debate.

Post by Good ol Ivan »

jerom wrote:
ivan wrote:Well thats right but its also kind of a no brainer. Its more interesting to argue which game mode has a higher skill cap.
skill cap is possibly treaty. The strategic skillcap isnt unhuman high, theres possibility to perfect that for us mortals. The macro skill cap for sup is also kinda achievable ny humans. Micro is really tough, but maybe it could be done. I can imagine top tier sc2 pros would eventually play near perfect sup games.

In treaty its actually harder to do everything perfectly. After all, in a perfect world itd be possible to micro all of those units individually.

So in terms of skill cap, Id kinda favor treaty.

Unless shit gets laggy, then treaty is just pure bullshit.
And why not DM?

Also I have seen dozens of sup vs treaty threads/arguments, but not a single DM vs treaty...
Netherlands momuuu
Ninja
ESO: Jerom_

Post by momuuu »

ivan wrote:
jerom wrote:skill cap is possibly treaty. The strategic skillcap isnt unhuman high, theres possibility to perfect that for us mortals. The macro skill cap for sup is also kinda achievable ny humans. Micro is really tough, but maybe it could be done. I can imagine top tier sc2 pros would eventually play near perfect sup games.

In treaty its actually harder to do everything perfectly. After all, in a perfect world itd be possible to micro all of those units individually.

Why not DM?

because I havent considered it yet. Which is partly because I didnt come to considering it, and mostly because I havent played enough deathmatch at a high enough level to say anything about it.
United States of America evilcheadar
Gendarme

Post by evilcheadar »

ivan wrote:
jerom wrote:skill cap is possibly treaty. The strategic skillcap isnt unhuman high, theres possibility to perfect that for us mortals. The macro skill cap for sup is also kinda achievable ny humans. Micro is really tough, but maybe it could be done. I can imagine top tier sc2 pros would eventually play near perfect sup games.

And why not DM?

Also I have seen dozens of sup vs treaty threads/arguments, but not a single DM vs treaty...
Because that makes no sense. We already know treaty is superior to supremacy so really DM should be compared to rush.
A post not made is a post given away

A slushie a day keeps the refill thread at bay

Jackson Pollock was the best poster to ever to post on these forums
No Flag Good ol Ivan
Howdah

Post by Good ol Ivan »

evilcheadar wrote:
ivan wrote:And why not DM?

Because that makes no sense. We already know treaty is superior to supremacy so really DM should be compared to rush.
and why is that? What makes you think something as inferior as sup could be compared to DM in the first place?
You are just biased.
Gendarme

Post by evilcheadar »

ivan wrote:
evilcheadar wrote:Because that makes no sense. We already know treaty is superior to supremacy so really DM should be compared to rush.
and why is that? What makes you think something as inferior as sup could be compared to DM in the first place?
You are just biased.
We are all biased.

Netherlands momuuu
Ninja

Post by momuuu »

Usually these discussions involve treaty players vs sup players. For a treaty vs deathmatch topic, you kinda need deathmatch players.

And atm the only deathmatch player is comet. Which means deathmatch is super hard because its really hard to play deathmatch by yourself. Like, you have to run the game on two different pcs microing 2 civs at ones with 2 mice and 2 keyboards.
Gendarme

Post by evilcheadar »

jerom wrote:Usually these discussions involve treaty players vs sup players. For a treaty vs deathmatch topic, you kinda need deathmatch players.

And atm the only deathmatch player is comet. Which means deathmatch is super hard because its really hard to play deathmatch by yourself. Like, you have to run the game on two different pcs microing 2 civs at ones with 2 mice and 2 keyboards.
I need to start playing some death match.

No Flag Good ol Ivan
Howdah

Post by Good ol Ivan »

jerom wrote:Usually these discussions involve treaty players vs sup players. For a treaty vs deathmatch topic, you kinda need deathmatch players.

Hey!
I play DM too.
Sometimes.
Tuvalu gibson
Ninja
ECL Reigning Champs

Post by gibson »

Death match seems about 10x funner at least then tr. Probably need more skill for it too then tr.
Gendarme

Post by evilcheadar »

gibson wrote:Death match seems about 10x funner at least then tr. Probably need more skill for it too then tr.
Yea.... right.

No Flag Good ol Ivan
Howdah

Post by Good ol Ivan »

evilcheadar wrote:
gibson wrote:Death match seems about 10x funner at least then tr. Probably need more skill for it too then tr.
Yea.... right.
Glad we can all agree on this.
Portugal sergyou
Lancer

Post by sergyou »

[quote source="/post/45883/thread" timestamp="1440965530" author="@ivan"][quote source="/post/45312/thread" timestamp="1440799735" author="@dicktator"]I am a top player in treaty and lt colonel in supremacy, so I think I??m qualified to participate in this discussion.

First off, supremacy does take more skill than treaty. I don??t know why people are arguing otherwise.
[/quote]I didn't expect a treaty player to admit that. I guess it would take a treaty player to also be a top sup player to accept that. Thanks for that. Really. Now every time some agressive and butthurt treaty player gets into this "treaty is just as good as sup and you have no say in the matter unless you are a top player at both, RESPECT MEE!!1!" I can just show him this post :thumbsup:
It's kinda ironic how anonymous123 and a few other people claim you need to have 10000 games in treaty to have a valid opinion, when really it's them who should be try playing more sup to realize how wrong they are. That is if they actually think treaty is as complex as sup (I still refuse to they genuinely think that), and aren't just trolling or something.
You don't really have to be a top players to realize that, as I said many times before, it appears as common sense really...

[quote source="/post/45312/thread" timestamp="1440799735" author="@dicktator"]I also came here to correct the myth that treaty takes no skill. Of course it takes skill. Even though not as much goes into treaty micro as into supremacy micro
[/quote]I don't think anyone here seriously said that. That's plain silly, ofc there's plenty of skill involved albeit micro and macro are separated and micro it reduced. The problem is there are some folks here (e.g. anonymous123) who insist treaty and sup too different to be compared (they aren't, both are part of the same game and you can even reach treaty conditions through certain sup games. It's kind of like comparing penalty kicks against an entire soccer game), and/or "they're equally hard as they require different set of skills" (which is not only wrong, but also contradicts their previous position of treaty/sup not being comparable) - in return there's not much left than mocking treaty and such insecure, laughable attempts to defend it.

I genuinely doubt they actually believe that crap, to me it seems at least this anonymous guy has some sort of inferiority complex for playing treaty - and he desperately wants praise from sup players to compensate. I mean seriously who cares what game others respect and what not, ffs just play whatever you find more fun/appealing :lol:
Sup players realize this and can only take the whole matter as a joke, which makes anon really, really butthurt (he literally made this thread expecting sup players to finally respect treaty and stop mocking it, not realizing it could only end up in the exact opposite) - as in response he can only sort out personal attacks (he takes jokes regarding treaty equal to personal attacks against himself, lol).

[quote source="/post/45472/thread" timestamp="1440856478" author="@sergyou"] by comparing ww1 brainless generals to treaty players u are calling us brainless .[/quote]I can't believe anyone would compare WW1 generals to treaty players.
What's even more laughable, after some guy compared you to WW1 generals, you are the one claiming you are much smarter than then and somehow it's you the one who is offended here...
I didn't think it was possible, but, congrats - your stupidity and inferiority complex overcame that of anon123.

[quote source="/post/45506/thread" timestamp="1440862871" author="@charlemagen"] Garja please stfu, again your sayIng that tr is a dumbed down version of sup, not true different game modes. Dick has said and so have I that sup is more difficult. Now you are just posing to further diss treaty players and saying that it is indeed an unskilled spamming game mode. So please be quite and show some respect to the other game mode. Are you a twelve year old with nothing better to do then sit and talk shit? Be mature and erealize when the argument is done.[/quote]Why is it always treaty players who get so defensive and butthurt over this?
Why are you somehow fooled you deserve respect for playing treaty?
The moment you begin demanding respect from other people, it's the moment you lose all of it...
[/quote][img]https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/736x/f5/3f/c4/f53fc4914e3455e79f98c48bc4c4e61c.jpg[/img]
No Flag charlemagen
Retired Contributor
Donator 01
ESO: Charlemagen

Post by charlemagen »

Th last few pages are funny, people talking about sports(both tr and sup players) who probably haven't gotten out of their chairs in the last 36 hours.
No Flag Good ol Ivan
Howdah

Post by Good ol Ivan »

It's funny how both of you posted almost at the same time.
Did you just finish playing a 14 hour long treaty game or something.
Portugal sergyou
Lancer

Post by sergyou »

even more funnier is that u sit on this website all the day refreshing the page over and over to get a reply , grow up
Netherlands momuuu
Ninja

Post by momuuu »

charlemagen wrote:Th last few pages are funny, people talking about sports(both tr and sup players) who probably haven''t gotten out of their chairs in the last 36 hours.

thats offensive. I cant sport cause of an injury ')

Used to sport 5-6 times per week tho.
Tuvalu gibson
Ninja
ECL Reigning Champs

Post by gibson »

charlemagen wrote:Th last few pages are funny, people talking about sports(both tr and sup players) who probably haven''t gotten out of their chairs in the last 36 hours.

I started varsity in both soccer and basketball for three years of highschool. I graduated high school in may of 2015 so that was a mere several months ago. I workout several times a week and play basketball several times a week. I am taking a weight lifting class. Of course you can just call bullshit, but if you''d like I can out together an imagur album of sports pictures of me, I''m just slightly scared that album might end up in your fap collection, as you''ve probably never seen the arms of a beef fed male who works out regularly due to all your friends being nerdy gamers.
Tuvalu gibson
Ninja
ECL Reigning Champs

Post by gibson »

ivan wrote:It''s funny how both of you posted almost at the same time.
Did you just finish playing a 14 hour long treaty game or something.

this actually made me smile, well played sir
No Flag Good ol Ivan
Howdah

Post by Good ol Ivan »

sergyou wrote:even more funnier is that u sit on this website all the day refreshing the page over and over to get a reply , grow up
Whenever I log in I just check my notifications first, then proceed to check out other threads as far as my time permits me ')
No Flag charlemagen
Retired Contributor
Donator 01

Post by charlemagen »

gibson wrote:
charlemagen wrote:Th last few pages are funny, people talking about sports(both tr and sup players) who probably havent gotten out of their chairs in the last 36 hours.
I started varsity in both soccer and basketball for three years of highschool. I graduated high school in may of 2015 so that was a mere several months ago. I workout several times a week and play basketball several times a week. I am taking a weight lifting class. Of course you can just call bullshit, but if youd like I can out together an imagur album of sports pictures of me, Im just slightly scared that album might end up in your fap collection, as youve probably never seen the arms of a beef fed male who works out regularly due to all your friends being nerdy gamers.

Can you actually? I would love to see the spokesman of kids trying to look tough on the internet weekly
No Flag charlemagen
Retired Contributor
Donator 01

Post by charlemagen »

charlemagen wrote:
gibson wrote: I started varsity in both soccer and basketball for three years of highschool. I graduated high school in may of 2015 so that was a mere several months ago. I workout several times a week and play basketball several times a week. I am taking a weight lifting class. Of course you can just call bullshit, but if youd like I can out together an imagur album of sports pictures of me, Im just slightly scared that album might end up in your fap collection, as youve probably never seen the arms of a beef fed male who works out regularly due to all your friends being nerdy gamers.
Can you actually? I would love to see the spokesman of kids trying to look tough on the internet weekly

This is all in good fun btw
Portugal sergyou
Lancer

Post by sergyou »

ivan wrote:
sergyou wrote:even more funnier is that u sit on this website all the day refreshing the page over and over to get a reply , grow up
Whenever I log in I just check my notifications first, then proceed to check out other threads as far as my time permits me ')
u posted 1 min later than i did .
also why did u coment on that , was i talking to u ? dont think so ....
No Flag Good ol Ivan
Howdah

Post by Good ol Ivan »

sergyou wrote:
ivan wrote:Whenever I log in I just check my notifications first, then proceed to check out other threads as far as my time permits me ')
also why did u coment on that , was i talking to u ? dont think so ....
Yeah I was checking out the forums when you replied. I got a notification and proceeded to open the thread.

sergyou wrote:
ivan wrote:Whenever I log in I just check my notifications first, then proceed to check out other threads as far as my time permits me ')
also why did u coment on that , was i talking to u ? dont think so ....&'nbsp'

Indeed, you quoted one of my posts. Im not sure which cuz it seems you deleted your reply.
Tuvalu gibson
Ninja
ECL Reigning Champs

Post by gibson »

charlemagen wrote:
gibson wrote: I started varsity in both soccer and basketball for three years of highschool. I graduated high school in may of 2015 so that was a mere several months ago. I workout several times a week and play basketball several times a week. I am taking a weight lifting class. Of course you can just call bullshit, but if youd like I can out together an imagur album of sports pictures of me, Im just slightly scared that album might end up in your fap collection, as youve probably never seen the arms of a beef fed male who works out regularly due to all your friends being nerdy gamers.

sure when I will tonight when I get home
Gendarme

Post by evilcheadar »

Yea I have to laugh most are probably couch potatoes here.